• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (Koicomi) Words That Must Be Said

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Karyra

Screaming into the Void
Roleplay Availability
uaS_WNP7rYfPr4byNwkGVTF6u02v7NSLZ16uBdI8Do1SeQHmVyhRhcvmb_LF5tewWheh5eFBggwliVnij_Q42p85Uw9mLmpkqmMWX2hQzlJRvS3l3o0uxcjtGJWZA12qhvReBUSrh5CScc1FEHlxeSmc07kdlaRAG0EJ4j-eKxbTSjUfOlMX0oRwIA

"Two shy people fall in love, and each is working on their confessions. Can they actually do it before the dance, or will they leave... heartbroken?"

Cast:

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel as Natori Sannomiya
Karyra Karyra as Sai Genjo
Ehb Ehb as The Almighty GM

Character Sheets can be found by clicking here.
Check out the Hub Thread and links to other KoiComi 1x1's by clicking here!

✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩⋆。°✩

Koicomi Gallery Shortcut
Please Select Route:
Route Selected!

Entering:
Words That Must Be Said

Route Summary:

Yuzu High wasn't always a school for both boys and girls. Originally, two schools stood in its place: Teijin Boys' School and St. Kisai Girls' School. When both schools were bulldozed over to make room for warehouses, students were mixed together into what is now known as Yuzu High. In order to quell the resulting chaos of suddenly being thrown together, smooth over the rifts between the boys and the girls, and convince the student body to rally against the bigwigs' intentions of bulldozing over yet another school, the principal instituted a group of seemingly-random students who'd take the roles of emissaries of peace between both genders. This extracurricular association was appropriately dubbed the "Gender Relations Club".

Sai Genjo started here at the Gender Relations Club, only half interested in the goings on. After being framed for sabotaging the gym equipment, Sai saved the school sports day. Little did he know... he had an admirer afterwards. Too awkward to admit her feelings, his only grew as the year went on and she put herself in charge of making sure he ate every day. Now that the dance is coming up, the two are preparing their confessions, unaware of each other's intentions. Whatever they do... they'd better hurry up or they'll miss their chance.

saixnatori-jpg.1036469

Kokonose.%22Konoha%22.Haruka.full.2728507.png

Sai closed the book. Carefully bringing the pages to his forehead, he hoped it would disguise his blush. Of course it didn't. This 'romance comic' section of the library was a good place to start, but even by shoujo manga standards Sai was absolutely clueless. He meant that he knew all about those confession scenes. One of them finally says the words 'I like you' but it had happened everywhere from a quiet library to the culture festival.

Why didn't he confess during the culture festival that would have been so much better?!

Then he remembered how he was dressed during it, and he was pretty sure he'd die if he had to confess while dressed like a girl that no one recognized.

Repressing the urge to bash his head against the book out of embarrassment, he re-shelved it and walked out. This wasn't really working. Then he made eye contact with the student librarian, who knew exactly who he was. Her knowing smile and wave over practically made him want to retreat back into the stacks. But, maybe she had ideas? Or advice? He was certainly getting nowhere fast.

He dutifully moved over to the student librarian's desk.

"Something to confess, Sai-kun?" and her smile made Sai wonder if the stories of tanuki and kitsune were mere myth or not, as this student certainly knew something that Sai didn't. "And not to me, I'm sadly taken. Alas, only 2D beings can capture my maiden's heart," she mockingly said.

"It's to N- Sannomiya-san." He mumbled. "I... I don't think I can do this. How do you just admit... 'I've liked you since the hot springs trip but oops I didn't say anything even when staying at your home and oh by the way your hair down looks so pretty I just wanna touch it'?"

"Well, kind of like that. The way I see it, it's better to speak up than just let this pass through your fingers. Sai-kun, if you've felt this way for so long, then they're real. The feelings, I mean. If she's not invested the same way you are, you're hurting her more than you're hurting yourself." The Student Librarian said this with too much wisdom for a self proclaimed bachelorette. "It doesn't have to big or flashy."

Sai nodded, but internally he wanted it to be big and flashy. He just wanted something big to match his feelings. "I... I'm going back to the club room. I think have something that can help more there."

"Is it your courage? A book called Stop Being A Big Baby and Just Say It?" she quipped. "But for real, you're running low on time. Love isn't like library books... it doesn't expire. Communication... it's key to a happy ending. Isn't that what your club just proved?"

Sai moved to the door, opting to just leave rather than reply to that. How could he reply to that? He walked as if in a daze to the club room. As he went to open the door, a glow in the dark star on his sleeve caught his eye. He'd put those up because of her. Natori loved space and stars and UFOs...

The now empty club room didn't say anything beyond that the club was over and done. Picking up his usual chair in the corner, he sat down to think. Quickly, he fell asleep, softly dozing in his corner as he ran through scenario after scenario of admitting his feelings.

Natori Sannomiya
sample-bd550df527b4b7b78028781fc0d1a609.jpg
Outside the Gender Relationship Clubroom, which would only remain their clubroom for a little while longer, Natori Sannomiya paced back and forth for god knows how long. Occasionally, she’d stop in her pacing to stand on her tippy toes, peek through the rectangular window on the door, blush, then go back to pacing. Behind her back, she tightly clutched a plain white envelope. Anyone watching the silver-haired girl would’ve thought her insane. Fortunately, there weren’t too many students roaming the halls of Yuzu High after school. Natori didn’t think she could bear giving him the letter in front of a crowd.

Ever since the announcement of the American-style dance, Natori thought long and hard about how to ask Sai–the one boy she felt comfortable with–to the event with her. Many girls told her to wait. That it was the ‘boy’ not the ‘girl’ that was supposed to do the asking…but after all she’d learned in the Gender Relationships club, Natori didn’t think so. Boys and girls were the same. Boys got scared too. Besides…what if Sai didn’t ask her out? What if some other boy did? The thought filled her with dread. Natori hated rejecting people. However, she couldn’t imagine going to the dance with any other boy besides Sai.

It would just be an uncomfortable evening.

Certainly she’d gotten better at interacting with the male species, and no longer fainted after being touched by a boy, but they still made her a little nervous. Except for Sai. Sai was different from all other boys in Yuzu High. He was quiet. Kind. He liked stars too.

She liked him. She didn't know when it started, but despite her grandmother's many, many warnings, despite all the time that passed, the feeling remained.

Therefore, Natori decided to write a letter expressing her feelings and asking him to dance. She didn’t think her words would come out clearly if she spoke them. No. She knew they wouldn’t. A letter was the best idea she could come up with. Natori had spent the entire night writing it. After the bell rang and her final class ended, she rushed to find Sai Genjo. Waited for when he was alone.

Now she just needed to give it to him.

Natori stopped to look back at her first greatest obstacle…the door. “...Can I just slip it through the cracks…?” She asked herself before rapidly shaking her head. “No, no, no! What if he doesn’t notice it? Or w-w-worse. What if s-s-someone else finds i-it!”

Natori went back to pacing.

Karyra Karyra

Sai Genjo

Stirring from his unintentional nap, Sai realized someone was outside. Wait, was he even supposed to be in the clubroom after they disbanded? He just thought that if he was in here alone something would come to mind on how to confess and ask Natori out, but he'd fallen asleep. He pulled out his phone to check the time to make sure he hadn't overstayed his welcome, which thank goodness he hadn't yet, but he still had to deal with someone outside.

Going outside he heard, "-What if s-s-someone else finds i-it!”

Looking at Natori pacing with some kind of envelope, he wondered what she'd lost.

"Oh, did you lose something, uh, Sannomiya-san?"
he couldn't bring himself to say her first name at the moment. She seemed on edge about... something. "Let me help you find it."

Was it mean to really hope that she never found it?

That for just a moment... time would freeze while he found the words and that they could be together while he did. That was a little selfish, though, wasn't it?

"I didn't really find anything of note in the club room," he said, "so let's retrace your steps to find it, okay?"

Then it occurred to him, "if you don't want a boy around to find it, I can find another club member to help if you need it."

He smiled, trying to ease her nerves. He knew she was as skittish as he was when he finally opened up, so he didn't want to push her, either. It never seemed to occur to him that he was an exception to the rule, having even stayed over at her male hating home. That her cheers weren't just for the entire team, but for him. Some part of him told him that he was not someone that people fell in love with, that he could lay some trust in others, but love would be absent. The justification was a hurdle, but in his mind he was one step away from a rejection of a confession-

Oh. That's why it had to be perfect.

He looked outside to steady his heart when he saw the sunset.

"We should hurry, I think that the sun's almost..."
if he just delayed long enough the first star would come out and... yes. Perfect, all he had to do was delay just long enough and somehow get outside and it would be... flawless. "Set."

Natori Sannomiya
Startled out of her thoughts by the sudden voice, Natori let out a sound similar to squeal and a squeak. Or, at least, some sort of combination between the two. Swiftly turning towards the open door, the girl instinctively hid the envelope behind her back as she came face to face with Sai Genjo. Face to face with the boy she had a crush on for so long. Her face turned beat red. Normally the sight of the non intimidating boy made Natori feel relaxed, comfortable even, but today was different. Today she was determined to give him the letter. “H-hello Genjo-san,”

Fidgeting a bit, Natori rapidly shook her when Sai suggested finding another clubmate. “N-no, I didn’t lose anything…”

Except her heart, back during the Tri-City Sports Tournament. Or the Hot-springs trip. Or the school’s cultural festival. Probably all those times. The moments where he’d make her heart flutter with his gentleness were too numerous to count.

He really was too kind, offering to go out of his way to retrace her steps after assuming she’d lost something. Part of her wished that she really did lose something as the idea of walking around the school with him sounded nice…but it’d only give her the opportunity to procrastinate. Natori knew if she didn’t push herself, she’d probably run away. Tucking a stray silver hair behind her ear, violet eyes traveled from his shoes to the golden eyes that matched the sunset. “...I came to look for you.”

Feeling her ears heat at the sight of his smile, her eyes traveled back to the pristine shoes. “C-can we go somewhere more p-private?”

Even though the sun had already nearly set and the school was practically empty, the hallways felt too open. Like anybody could be watching or listening in.

Karyra Karyra

"Oh." Sai said. Maybe it wasn't the perfect plan...

But she wanted to talk somewhere private. Her hands were behind her back. The pieces started to click, but they were frayed at the edges. No way boy hating Natori would be confessing to him. More likely she had something to say about his behavior.

"I was... talking about myself." Sai said, piecing together his thoughts. "I lost... I lost the moon from that glow in the dark star set you gave me. It stuck to my clothes and I was looking for it. Can we find that first? I went down to the track field to look over the equipment again. It's the last place I need to check, then I think we'll be able to find somewhere private."

Delay just a minute more. If he confessed before she said something then at least she would know why he acted that way.

Plus, the track was sort of the first place she cheered for him. It would be a good enough place to confess. A little too public for him, but it would work perfectly. He thought about how much he'd wanted to prepare by buying a ribbon for her hair that matched her eyes. That her hair looked like starlight and how he wanted to touch it, because it looked so soft.

He turned to start moving quickly down the hallway, waving for her to join him.

Hopefully, she wouldn't notice the blush creeping around the back of his neck. He pulled his scarf tighter.

Last edited:
Natori Sannomiya

Natori blinked, her words mirroring his own. “Oh.”

O-ok...”
Rushing to follow after Sai, the silver haired girl tilted her head confusedly as she scrutinized the boy she’d been watching for a good part of the year. Sai was acting…a little bit strange. Talking a lot more than he usually did (not that she minded). And was he the sort to lose things easily? Natori recalled how much he seemed to like the glow-in-the-dark star set she’d given him. Her cheeks turned a bit pink at the memory. “Let’s go find it then.”

Their trek down the halls and out the school building was quiet, but Natori didn’t dislike it. On the contrary, Sai’s quiet and gentle nature had been what had drawn her to him. He was different from the loud and boisterous ones that always made her nervous. Words that he did choose to share felt more soft-spoken and meaningful. Or, perhaps, Natori was just a little bit biased.

As they stepped out into the track field, Natori strangely enough, found herself breathing a little bit easier. She enjoyed nature and open space more than city environments. Just like she found animals more comforting than people most of time…though she’d hesitate to tell that to her friends and family. Her violet eyes searched the track field for a little moon sticker. And searched. And searched. All with little success.

She was determined to find it before giving Sai the letter. In fact, finding the item Sai lost became more important than the letter, which she stuffed into the pocket of her school jacket lest it get in the way or, godforbid, she lose it somewhere. However, even after checking the equipment shed, and a full circle around the track, the moon sticker was nowhere in sight. As the orange sky started to darken, Natori’s shoulders sagged and she glanced apologetically at Sai. “S-sorry I don’t think it’s here…”

Frustration seeped into her voice and imagining how sad Sai must be without his important item made her want to burst into tears, but she held it in. If there was one thing she learned while in the Gender Relationship Club, it was that crying didn’t solve any problems at all. "S-should we circle the track again? I-it might be easier to find in the dark..."

The dark didn't actually scare her. She loved the quietness of the night...so long as there were no monsters lurking.
Karyra Karyra

Sai felt the silence in a way differently than how he felt silence with other people. The silence with Natori was comfortable. Like a warm blanket on a frozen evening. As they walked he wondered how to phrase his confession. When was first time he fell in love with her?

He thought about the hot springs trip. He'd been barely with it, and to discover that politican was her father of all things... but the same girl who cried during handing out flyers and being interviewed stood up to the scumbag who ruined not just her life, but at least three generations. And she was ignored by him. Or was it when he caught the small of her cookies she'd made for the sports festival?

He never said that he knew it was her, baking those for the club.

As he was falsely searching for the moon to his collection, he caught sight of the star. The first star of the night. Staring, it moved and he realized it was a satellite. Yet, it said something to him. Why was he waiting?

"Hey, Natori..."
Sai said. "I wish I'd taken you with me around the school's culture festival."

He let go of the fear and let the words continue.

"I wish I'd said back then you were amazing. No, even further, I wish I'd thanked you for cheering for me in the sports festival."

The 'star blinked further across the sky.

"I wish I could have done more for you when I didn't have somewhere to stay and you let me stay over, even though if I had been caught I knew your grandma would have exiled you."

Sai took a breath, and said.

"Natori... I think that this first star of the night is broken. So... if it's okay with you... can I wish for you to join me at the dance?"

Natori Sannomiya

They ended up walking another round around the track. Sai didn’t seem too bothered by the fact that they couldn’t find the missing moon in his collection and his calmness eased Natori’s nerves some, but it was obvious–at least to her–that he was distracted by something. Anxious? The only reason Natori could think of for Sai to be anxious was the glow-in-the-dark sticker, so she redoubled her efforts, figuring he was simply masking his feelings for her sake.

Kneeling near a patch of grass, Natori’s eyes were glued to the ground such that the call of her name was met with a simple “hm?” as she continued to search.

"I wish I'd taken you with me around the school's culture festival."

Natori blinked confusedly, stopping what she was doing to look at Sai. Her eyes followed his golden orbs to a blinking satellite in the sky. “Wh-?”

"I wish I'd said back then you were amazing. No, even further, I wish I'd thanked you for cheering for me in the sports festival."

Natori’s face turned red and she tucked a loose strand of silver hair behind her ear as she glanced away shyly. “Y-you didn’t have to…”

"I wish I could have done more for you when I didn't have somewhere to stay and you let me stay over, even though if I had been caught I knew your grandma would have exiled you."

This time Natori rapidly shook her head, her determined eyes seeming to say ‘There was nothing that you could’ve done. Please don’t beat yourself up over it. I wanted to solve my own family issues.’ but Sai was still talking and she didn’t want to interrupt. His words were few and precious, after all. He seemed to be struggling with something as well...making wishes? To a satellite?

"Natori... I think that this first star of the night is broken. So... if it's okay with you... can I wish for you to join me at the dance?"

It took a second before the words fully registered in her mind. Once they did, her eyes widened like saucers and tears fell down her cheeks. Rapidly wiping them away, lest they be misunderstood, Natori giggled as she approached Sai and turned his face westward. She pointed towards the brightest ‘star’ in the sky. “The first star of the night sky, the evening star, isn’t actually a star at all. It’s the planet, Venus.”

A planet named after the greek goddess of love.

Unlike all the other times, there was confidence in Natori’s voice as she spoke of the one subject she excelled at–astronomy.

Realizing how close she was to the boy she’d been crushing on for a good year now, Natori flushed a bit and took a step back. Instead of answering him, she dug her hands into her uniform pockets and pulled out the letter she had intended to give Sai. It was like he had beaten her to the punch by asking her to the dance first. Like he’d read her mind. But then, Sai had always been like that. Always surprising her. If he could confess his feelings, then so could she. Shakily she held out the slightly wrinkled envelope that contained her answer. “T-this is for y-you…”

Dear Sai,

You probably don’t remember this, but you helped me carry the new sports equipment back when we were preparing for the sports festival. That’s when I first noticed you. You’re small and quiet, so you don’t stand out, but you do big things. I watched you melt into the background, distant, as if you didn’t want anything to do with the club, but step up when it really mattered. The tri-city sports festival wouldn’t have gone so well if you hadn’t found the culprit. Watching you step out of the shadow made me feel braver. It made me want to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone, just like you did.

I can’t help but cheer for you. Whether it’s participating in the cavalry battle, passing out flyers, or dealing with your mother, you’re always trying your hardest.

I like your photographs, which reflect how you see the world.

I like your rare smile that shines like a star through the darkest nights.

I wish you would eat more. The cookies I made for the Gender Relationship Club were mostly meant for you, but please don’t tell the other members that. I don’t want to hurt their feelings ;-;

I’m rambling, but this is my first time writing a letter to a boy, and I’m not very good with words, so I hope you don’t find this bothersome. I just had to get it all out of my chest. I like you, Sai Genjo. Being near you makes me happy. I don’t know what this all means, or what we’ll do now that the club is over, but I hope we can continue to see each other. I want to get to know you better.

If you aren’t doing anything that night, would you go to the American-style dance with me?

Love,
Natori Sannomiya

P.S. If my feelings trouble you, please burn this letter.

P.P.S. I thought you looked really cute in the maid uniform <3

Karyra Karyra

Last edited:

At the revelation his plans were dumb anyway, that the first star of the evening was actually a planet and he had ruined all of it already why didn't he just wait he was so-

Then Natori handed him the paper. He took it gingerly, not quite sure how to respond. If it was a rejection letter that took way more foresight than would be worth it. Natori was so earnest and kind... he doubted that she thought negatively of him. Taking a breath he opened the envelope and read.

Then he read it again, the dimming light making it hard to be sure, and his own nerves making him skip over words.

He pressed the paper against his own face, hoping it would hide the intense blush creeping up his features. He needed a second to breathe.

"Yes," he finally said. "And here I was planning to be all dramatic..."

"Ya know... I don't really know what steps to take next either."
He finally lowered the paper. "But we're a couple of people who go slowly and take our time to figure out things. I think that's enough. I think for now, going to the dance together is the next step. And maybe... uh... holding hands...?"

He held out his hand, letting her move at her own pace. Her own amazing pace, considering where she had started from. He was sure he was still blushing intensely, but he was smiling rather than hiding. He still kinda wished he had thought to buy a her a new ribbon, though.

"And no, I'm not wearing that maid uniform again. Ever."

Natori Sannomiya
tr.300x.jpg
Natori didn’t quite have the courage to watch Sai as the boy read her letter, so her reddened face found the ground, following a trail of ants that were barely made visible by moonlight. Still, she couldn’t keep her curiosity at bay and would occasionally peek up at him…only to glance back down again. Was it too gushy? Would he hate it? Either way, there was something incredibly embarrassing about the person she liked reading her written thoughts and feelings. Embarrassing, yet strangely exhilarating as well. Violet eyes traveled to the dark, yet alluring, night sky, dotted with numerous, brilliant stars that gave her courage, before landing back on the boy whose face was now pressed to the paper. She blinked, unsure what to make of that response.

Did he hate it after all?

“G-Genjo-san?” Natori called worriedly, reaching a timid hand out to pull the paper from his face because 1) she couldn’t imagine it would be easy to breathe like that and 2) she wanted to see his face. However, before she could even touch the letter, Sai’s sudden ‘yes’ startled her and she jumped, dropping her hand.

Nodding along with his suggestion that they take things slowly, Natori’s eyes widened and her face grew even redder when Sai expressed a desire to hold her hand. If it were any other boy, she would’ve shrunk away…but this was Sai. She trusted him. She’d gotten better at interacting with boys thanks to him and the Gender Relationship Club. She didn’t hate the idea of holding his hand either. On the contrary, setting the sheer nervousness such actions would induce aside, she rather liked the idea.

She wanted to be closer to the person she liked. The person she now knew liked her as well.

Therefore, Natori shyly fitted her palm into his and interlaced their fingers. His hands felt warm. Safe. His red face mirrored her own, but his beautiful smile made it all worth it. Even as she sighed in faux disappointment, her eyes radiated the contentment she felt at the physical contact with the person she liked. Boy? Girl? Sai was simply Sai. He made her heart pound, but in a good way. She giggled at the memory of him in a maid uniform. Truth be told, Sai's resemblance to a girl had been one of the factors that made it easy for Natori to relax around him. “That’s such a shame. You really do look beautiful in a dress, Genjo-san.”

Karyra Karyra

Last edited:

As their fingers touched, he was hit by the realization this was real. That he really said all that mushy stuff. Oh he was such a cornball, wasn't he? Well, if he was being corny, it was kind of worth it. The confession worked, didn't it?

"Well, Natori-chan..." he said slowly, letting the humor ease the nerves between them, "I'll only dress as a maid if you dress as a butler."

The gambit was worth it, honestly. No way boy afraid Natori would ever dress as a man, let alone as a butler. Though if she did, that's still a win in his book. Maybe he'd even get some pictures.

"Still, you can call me Sai, you know? We are kind of... dating now?"

Imagine just calling your significant other by their last name forever. that would truly be awkward, but then again they were both pretty awkward so that wasn't too terrible a fate, but he also just wanted to hear her say it too.

"Wait, that's too corny isn't it? I knew I didn't need to read that many shoujo manga to prepare for this! I should talk to the student librarian after this, I think she wanted to prank me."

Natori Sannomiya
tr.300x.jpg

The idea of calling Sai by his first name was incomprehensible to Natori, partly because it was informal, but also because she wasn’t used to it. Still…Sai wasn’t inaccurate to claim that normal dating couples weren’t so formal with each other. Were they dating now? Natori didn’t know. They only said they liked each other and asked each other to the dance, but Natori wanted them to be, so she rapidly nodded her head at the question.

“I guess so, S-S-S-S-S-S-Sai-kun,” Natori finally said through much stuttering and effort. Clapping her cheeks at the sheer embarrassment of it all, Natori nonetheless felt pleased that she’d managed to push past the awkwardness and address him as other girls would. Well, some girls at any rate. She simply felt like she had to match his ‘chan’ with something more…endearing?

Baby-steps.

Once more slipping her hand into his, she giggled as he continued to talk. “It’s not corny at all! A-and I don’t have any problem getting into a butler uniform…”

Female butlers existed, after all, and the Gender Relationship Club had torn down perceived gender roles for her. No. She’d always known in her head that boys–especially Sai–weren’t the big bad wolf her grandmother claimed. She just needed to get used to them…like she’d gotten used to the boy whose hand she currently held. Holding Sai’s hand didn’t feel uncomfortable in the least. It was Sai, after all…but it helped that he was the sort to look absolutely gorgeous in a dress (she still had the picture from the cultural festival), liked to bake, was her height, and also liked to read shoujo apparently; No different than a girlfriend she was attracted to. It wouldn’t be a lie to say that Sai Genjo was one of the biggest factors that helped her realize boys and girls weren’t all that different, after all.

That said she had no intention of emasculating him or asking him to do something that would make him uncomfortable either.

“B-B-B-B-But you don’t have to wear a d-d-dress if you don't want to!”

Face turning completely red at what she’d just said, Natori’s eyes found the stars, trying to draw bravery energy from them. What did she want by telling Sai her feelings? Nothing really. She just had to get it all out–what she’d been holding back for the better part of the year. But, if she had to describe her current feelings, she simply wanted to be closer to him. To get to know him better. She also learned, from the Gender Relationship Club, that in order to do so, she’d have to open up about herself too. That was how communication worked.

She peeked back at Sai. “Most of my friends read shoujo. I-I do too,” because other girls did. “but I never really related to the main characters until now. I’d always thought how n-n-nice it would be if I could, but b-b-b-boys scared me in real life so…”

Her hand tightened around his and she took a deep breath before meeting his gaze with more determined eyes. No way she could be an astronaut if she couldn’t speak to an alien like Sai straight. “So please don’t worry about being corny! I like corny! I think you’re wonderful just the way you are!”

Infinitely grateful that they were alone in the track and field with only the stars watching over them, Natori wanted to cover her hot face with her hands, but she didn’t want to let go of the hand she held onto either. She compromised by twirling strands of silver between her fingers and shading her face with her ponytail. If she could, she would’ve stayed like that forever. Holding his hand. Maybe another walk around the track. Alas, it was getting late and her mother was probably growing worried about her.

“W-What I mean to say is that I’m grateful you thought so much about this…” Natori whispered, embarrassed to have raised her voice during her embarrassing declaration of liking corny stuff. “I-I’ve got go now, but I’ll s-s-s-see you at the dance, S-S-Sai-kun.” Leaning closer, she planted a quick peck on the boy’s cheek before running off, partly because of the sheer audacity of her action and partly because she really did have to go. She couldn’t help it though. Sai just made her feel braver. Turning around, she remembered her manners and bowed, giving a final wave to her fr–boyfriend. Date? Whatever they were, she hoped it let them grow closer without changing too much.

“I’ll help you find the moon sticker tomorrow!”

Karyra Karyra

Last edited:
He'd just been teasing her with the first name thing, honest. Then she went and did it anyway because despite seeming like a coward, she was the bravest person he knew. She even said she's dress as a butler if he dressed as a maid. Which, nope still wouldn't happen, she called his bluff.

Still, he was floating on air, and frankly that was all he expected of her. Hand holding and saying she like him too. Though... the latter was lie, he wasn't sure she liked him. That was why he held off saying so much for as long as he did. Imagine doing all this and then it turned out to be pointless and heartbreaking?

Before he could reply through his now love addled brain, she kissed him on the cheek and told him she had to go home. He waved absently, still in too much of a whirlwind of thoughts to rely that he didn't usually read Shoujo manga he just needed ideas... but now he guessed he'd have to keep tabs on the good ones?

The cold night wind blew in, shaking him from his reverie.

Bundling up his scarf and sweater, Sai started for home when he noticed the softly glowing sticker still on his sleeve. It wasn't a moon sticker, not by a long shot, but still. He said, "thanks for giving me a little courage. Even if you are just Venus."

Then as he thought about it, another thing occurred to him. The last thing Natori said as she left. He had completely forgotten everything but his first name when she said it and he nearly lost that when she kissed him. There was another important thing he'd have to explain to her, later.

He was going to have to explain that there was no Moon Sticker out on the track, wasn't he.

°°°°°°°°°THE END°°°°°°°°°

Users who are viewing this thread

Back