• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Koibiito Communication - The RP Where you get Democratically Shipped with Someone Else

Uhm... I see a slight problem with this plan...
Y...yeah I sort of realized that issue in the middle of drafting. I'm almost done with the 2nd character on my side but yeah I'll redo that bit before I post up the cs thread.

Quick character question: is it possible to make a trans character that shifted after the merge of the schools? EX: they were originally male, then transitioned to female after the schools merged (or vice versa)?

Hello! Definitely an interesting plot and idea and would love to join when the time comes!

Quick character question: is it possible to make a trans character that shifted after the merge of the schools? EX: they were originally male, then transitioned to female after the schools merged (or vice versa)?

That's a really good question actually! Such a good question that I needed to have a little chat with some of our potential joiners about their thoughts on the matter.

In short, it seems like no one was able to come to a consensus as to whether or not a Transgender Character in this RP would remain in the 'vanilla of vanilla' category. I had some very understanding, interesting, but also very passionate answers on the topic. But, in the end, I could not find a general consensus to that answer. I received a number of responses whom said that they were perfectly okay with it. But I also received more than just 1 or 2 responses that felt that the topic was too controversial, or made them uncomfortable.

Because the GM wants to generally ensure that everyone can be comfortable with any character they may be shipped with, I will say that based on the communications I have made to please avoid the topic.

Eldarkon meepster meepster Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Karyra Tau Tau GuglielmoSaffaredi Rithas Rithas ATurei Stitches and Patchwork Shoya Shoya QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Averwyck Averwyck Skyswimsky Skyswimsky Nano Nano Lucipurr Lucipurr

The character sheet thread, and those two example characters are all good to go!
Feel free to check over there to see how to get started. Information on how to join the discord is also detailed there too. Thank you all so much for your interest and consideration!

Also a minor edit, Cookie = Boy Accepted, Heart = Girl Accepted, Pen = Both Accepted and Eligible for Shipping Pool

Last edited:
So does that mean that characters who use she/they or he/they pronouns (despite identifying as binary genders) are not allowed?

The discord is mentioned several times, but I can't seem to find a link for it? 🤔 Also does the school allow part-time jobs, or is it one of those ones where you have to sneak around behind their back if you want to work while attending school?

The discord is mentioned several times, but I can't seem to find a link for it? 🤔 Also does the school allow part-time jobs, or is it one of those ones where you have to sneak around behind their back if you want to work while attending school?
According to the character sheet thread, you'll get it via PM once you follow the instructions listed there* Probably to stop randoms from joining it, I guess.

You and me. Home Depot accomplices. Let's go.

According to the character sheet thread, you'll get it via PM once you follow the instructions listed there* Probably to stop randoms from joining it, I guess.
Sounds like a roundabout way to just posting a CS and wait for approval. Since you need the posts up to be invited to Discord.

Ehb Ehb
Never the type to let a sheet ferment before it suffices the information required. I'll just finish my sheet(s) when I have the time to do them in one-go and you can go over them then post-26th of this month.

I'm glad I have just over two weeks to work on mine. I'll try to get a first draft up within the next day or two, since I actually have a lot more free time on the weekdays, but expect it to change drastically by the time everyone else's sheets go up lol

So does that mean that characters who use she/they or he/they pronouns (despite identifying as binary genders) are not allowed?

Yes, you are correct. I am afraid it is not allowed for this RP.

Yeah, I didn't do any research on Japanese Labor laws but yeah you can have a part time job without any problem in this particular setting.

You and me. Home Depot accomplices. Let's go.

Sounds like a roundabout way to just posting a CS and wait for approval. Since you need the posts up to be invited to Discord.

Ehb Ehb
Never the type to let a sheet ferment before it suffices the information required. I'll just finish my sheet(s) when I have the time to do them in one-go and you can go over them then post-26th of this month.

To clarify, you don't need to have full CS drafts to get the discord link. You just need the names of your two characters, and a generic description of a romance trope or story in the post that will ultimately have your sheets. But yeah you don't need to have your WIP characters be sitting in that post till you're ready to have them reviewed either.

To clarify, you don't need to have full CS drafts to get the discord link. You just need the names of your two characters, and a generic description of a romance trope or story in the post that will ultimately have your sheets. But yeah you don't need to have your WIP characters be sitting in that post till you're ready to have them reviewed either.
Duly noted.
Since we won't be having any open discussion with the pairing until you review them, in addition to the pending election by the players that will determine said pairings, I will ultimately work on it independently in the meantime to get some traction.

Okay, then I’m going to have to step out of the RP. Wish y’all the best.

Hello everyone! Ehb here!

Anyway, this little bump is not a reopening of signups. For those who do not know, the Koicomi One-Shot was an experimental RP format where players were asked to create a boy and a girl character who would be fully detailed out to the tune of a 'fully completed story'. They would then have their characters be paired with one another in order to to conduct the RP's main in character part - which is having those characters RP out a love confession to one another.

Anyway to keep this short, I invite the general RPnation Population to look over the still in progress 1 x 1 threads all listed and summarized in this threads intro page for your convenience. Sometime after Dec 17th, voting will commence on topics such as best pairing, or best 1 x 1 with everyone invited to vote at their leisure.

( Here are some Noncanon CGs - Because the Gm's Characters were used for backup and were never needed TvT )

MahiruCg.jpg caughtangled.jpg OkaneCG.jpg Cg6.jpg

Alright! Those strawpolls have been posted! For all intents in purposes, the Koikomi One Shot Event is done. I guess this is where I put commentary now?

Koicomi was created to test out this strange format of 'A Bunch of 1x1s that share the same universe' and 'how far can people fill out their character sheets when given a complete story skeleton to fill out?'

The guiding philosophy I had was in seeing if a very detail character sheet would be able to inspire dedication from players who manage to complete it. Players were given the very difficult task of having to create two characters whom they had to detail out their (that character's) experiences through the story. A tough proposition. Next, they were challenged to figure out the nature of a romance with one of the other members of the cast, and write out the best confession between the two that they could come up with. They had about 3 or so weeks to create these characters, and after being paired based off of voting, they had a bit over a month to complete their 1 to 1s. All of that very hard!

In the end, we had 5 1x1s if which 3 were done to what can be considered completion. For me who was totally prepared for this to fall on it's face I would say that is very good!

Everyone who participated, a very big thank to you for the time and effort you all put in! Right now as I'm doing tidy work with no html skills, I am getting quality joy from reading what everyone had come up with, through-and-through! I hope everyone enjoyed what can be considered an exercise in fully detailing out characters and in writing out-of-nowhere romance on command! Considering the GM was very hands off for the running of the 1x1s, the fact that 3/5 managed to hit completion is a stellar showing of the dedication of the players who saw things through. Thank you so much.

As for me... I got the joy of reading things, got some practice in making those graphics! Apologies I wasn't able to pump out as much as I was hoping I could! Hopefully I'll be good enough to compliment a future high school based RP with more plentiful pictures!

Until we meet again!

- Ehb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back