• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Knights of Sin - Jackals in the House of God [DnD 5e]

The Faceless King

Most Likely Inebriated
The church in the mountains, like a purse stuffed with gold,
is surrounded by the hungry, the infirm, and old.
And though they make show of sweeping scraps from their table,
they stick it to the poor every chance that they're able.

There's lenders in the temple; jackals in the house of God.

So me and this drifter broke in there for funds.
We made out with the coffers as the clergy sat stunned.
I said, "This mansion was built on the backs of the poor,
so just pray for our souls as you lie on the floor."

The priest pulled a dagger as we ran out the door.
I felt the blade rip through me and I fell to the floor.
My partner stopped to help and was stabbed several times.
The money fell in the pool of blood, guts and grime.

The priest took to his knees, like a man meant to pray.
His vestments soaking up gore, his beady eyes glazed.
But he wasn't giving last rites to my friend growing cold.
The guards swarmed around me as he clawed for his gold.

Flip their tables, burn their notes,
let's string 'em up and slit their throats.

There's lenders in the temple...

Jackals in the house of God.
In the world of Ahnkailan, there is a country known as Austansia, which lay wreathed in the sanctified light of the sun god; Ghiran. Blessed be his touch, as he gifts these lands with his bounties to feed his herd, and his chosen - the Céile Giran - to rule over the many followers.

Though these lands exist in tumultuous turmoil, the Living Sun's faint touch wipes away this country's tears, his hallowed presence never leaves this place. Invading armies, monsters of dark hunger, and the mysterious Hadar's Curse encroaching from the south all threaten the light, but the zealous leaders keep their kingdom in order through strict, holy law.
austansia-jpg.300939

As it has always been, these heavenly lands are ruled by the Céile Giran, the holiest woman in existence. She is the closest thing to a god that walks this world, as her holiness is wed to the Ghiran himself. From the city of Silas, she sits upon a throne of platinum and white gold where it is said she communes with the Living Sun.

The churches and those men and women of the cloth are the Céile Giran's eyes, and nothing in these golden fields of sunflowers and wide reaching cities of light goes unseen by her. Her law is the will of Ghiran, therefore to stray from the law is to stray from the Living Sun's light.

However, not all see the holy order in this way. To many the laws set in place are merely a way to keep the rich men and women of the church lavished in finery whilst keeping the poor indebted to the "kindnesses" of the church. Some speak in whispers of the churches corruption, saying the priests twist the words of Ghiran to line their pockets with gold. There is certainly a tension in these lands, but unspoken it must stay for fear of the wrath of the churches is too great.

The Church is Spurious
The Church is Righteous
Burn it or Save it
What Say You, Knight of Sin?

***​

Howdy there friends! So welcome to my game I guess. The Knights of Sin is a campaign that is set in a world of my own creation with a pantheon of my own establishment. Besides that, there aren't a huge amount of changes from the regular DnD books, but I'll get into all the nitty-gritty in a second. First, let me explain what this campaign is about.

In this campaign you will be taking on the role of a Knight of Sin. The Knights of Sin is a group of criminals with abilities invaluable to the church, and thus have been given a second chance to redeem themselves in the eyes of Ghiran. Basically you're a criminal who was given two options; death/life in prison or join the KoS. The group is pretty new so no one really knows how well it's gonna work or what they'll be doing, but hey, it's probably better than being burned to death. Now I would like to point out that your character is not necessarily a bad person, - though I do encourage it - but they are a blasphemer in the eyes of the church, which I'll go into more depth on in the character creation tab, which can be found here! For now, what you need to know is that your character was rotting in prison with no chance of survival when a man(?) going by the name of Father Vicar walks into your cell offering you a contract. Weeks later your character would then be taken into a carriage with a burlap sack over their head, before being transported to a place far north with several others. Your group has been given complete autonomy by the Céile Giran, leaving Father Vicar in charge of you and the others.

The purpose of the KoS, in short, is to be able to operate anywhere in the world, no matter the danger, and have no connections to Austansia. Because your order isn't officially under any flag you can operate anywhere in the world with out causing diplomatic issues between Austansia and other nations. In a way you're a suicide squad, but more importantly you're a black ops. The KoS will be sent into lands considered unholy or dangerous, chasing down criminals, monsters, cults and armies.

The story will progress as your team is given missions. Initially you will start in the Kingdom of Austansia, but you will most likely travel to other countries as well. From there the plot thickens ;)

I should probably also talk about rules here... I haven't changed much from the original DnD rules, but I did tweak a few things to hopefully make this game a little more fun. Also please note that I'm a fairly chill and laid back DM, so I'm super flexible with most rules as long as there's a good reason for something to be changed.

1.) Most importantly, this RP takes place on RP Nation so please, for the love of the Living Sun ,follow those rules.

2.) Second most important; have fun! I know that makes me sound like a lame ass camp counselor, but it's true. If something is a hindrance to your enjoyment, let me know and I will do what I can to fix it. I know things can get kind of crazy when playing DnD, but were all human beings here and I expect you all to treat each other thusly.

3.) No Metagaming. I will smite you in terrible ways if I see this. Earlier I said I'm laid back with the rules - and I am - but this is one I do not bend on. I will fuck you up son, do not test me.

4.) The following are the tweaked mechanics and home brewed rules.
I'm using DnD 5e rules with a few revisions here and there. The following is what I'm all about.

1.) I'm allowing skill checks to critical fail and succeed. I have my reasons.

2.) I'm using the variant feat rule as an option. That means humans have the option to take a feat if they feel so inclined.

3.) During combat, taking a potion is a bonus action while administering one is an action.

4.) When scoring a critical hit, double your dice role instead of doubling the number of dice rolled.

5.) During this campaign player character deaths will probably happen at some point. That is the nature of these games. If this happens, and an immediate resurrection spell is not cast and successful, the body must be brought back to Fort Lapsus (KoS home base) so the resident cleric, Petra, can resurrect them with a ritual assuming she roles well enough. I do allow other characters to contribute to resurrection rituals to lower the DC for Petra.

6.) I will allow the Beastmaster Archetype for Ranger to have a pet with a CR of 1 instead of the original 1/4. There will also be ways to train and improve the base stats and AC of the Beast Companion since they are pretty frail if taken as is. On the topic of Beastmaster Rangers, I am changing the typical shared turn aspect of the archetype. I find it makes the class sort of weak if the ranger has to choose between taking an action and giving the companion an action. I do, however, realize that animals with low Dexterity should come lower in the initiative order. So, I've made a compromise. The companion gets its own turn, but it will roll it's own initiative, which will be a basic d20 roll with its Dex mod. (This rule I stole from another RPer on the site)

7.) I do not play with lifestyle expense.

8.) Over encumbrance is gonna be a little different in this campaign. I'm not going to make you look at weapon weight and all that jazz. We can guesstimate how much a character can reasonably carry and that'll be cool. Just don't carry around fifty swords and you should be fine.

9.) When crafting items and such, you can spend money to speed up the time it takes.

10.) Roleplay and fun are more important than any of these dumb rules (except the meta gaming one) so there will be rewards for good RP. Not DM inspiration, but other in game stuff.

5.) If you are wanting to make an action on another players character, PM and I'll tell you the roles to make and then take action accordingly.

6.) All roles are made in this Dice Room. Make sure you're using your RPN name when in the dice room and not the name provided by the site. Go to the site's homepage, click sign up and type your name and password. Done and done brotha'.

7.) If you're in a situation where a skill check might be involved, let me know either in a PM or the OOC page (linked below.) I'll then tell you what roll to make, you'll roll in the aforementioned dice room, and then I'll tell you the result and you can make your post.

Alright, so with all that you should be fine and dandy to make your character. We only have a few more available slots so get it while it's hot! Head on over here to start one up. If you have any questions, send me a fresh PM or just ask in the OOC.

Character Sheet

OOC

Google Drive (Everything needed to make a character and all world info is found here)

Dice Room

Last edited:
The journey has been long. There were few moments of rest along the way, and even fewer where you were allowed to see your surroundings. The world around you has passed by in blotchy colored blurs that appeared just barely visible through the stitching of the burlap. Even still, one could see the verdant green eventually turn to stark white. And even if the color change wasn't enough to tip you off, the sudden biting cold would have been. North. That's where they were taking you.

Though sound was muffled, some of the more keen members of your group would be able to pick up chatter from the guards riding in this carriage with you. Most talk seemed to be idle chit-chat to pass the time, but one name did stick out. Lapsus Keep. The name would not be familiar to any, though those who heard it through context clues could piece together that this was probably the carriage's final destination.

All in all, the seats weren't much for comfort, and the constant jostling of the carriage didn't help the growing back pains either. The air around you was drenched with the smell of sweat, and pregnant with nervous murmurs. Where are they taking us? How much longer until we arrive? What's going to happen to us when we get there? The tension was enough to be cut from the air and spread on bread. Sadly though, there was no bread, no food at all in fact, so it would come as a relief to many when the carriage stopped and all were finally allowed to step out and stretch there aching backs and aching stomachs. Sure it was colder outside of the carriage, but it seemed you had finally arrived and maybe some relaxation could finally be had.

Strong hands take your shoulders, forcibly moving you into position. Now arm to arm with the rest of your group, your burlap sacks are finally removed from atop your head. At first, your eyes take time to adjust to the sudden wash of light, but eventually as your pupils leave their state of dilation, you get a good look at the world around. Just before you now, a large castle like structure stands tall, proud spires and turrets of white jutting forth from the snow. The walls of this keep are currently patrolled by guards armed with spears and other reach weapons, whilst adorned in white cloth and chain mail. Around the keep is a violent rushing river, its white water rapids crashing over rocks and the snow caked shores. Past the rushing stream you see massive pine trees, their branches fat with fresh snowfall. The forest these towering pine trees make up seems daunting, even standing next to this castle, which extenuates the feeling of seclusion that has slowly been creeping into the back of your head. However, as you all find yourselves taking in the sights, suddenly you are all pushed forwards and commanded by a disembodied voice to keep moving.

As you continue down the way towards this almost camouflaged keep, you reach a small bridge which at first had gone unnoticed. Below it, a moat filled with deep blue water rests with an uninviting and unknowable depth. Crossing the bridge, those observing the water would catch a glance of movement just below the surface. Something large. Alligators? Crocodiles? Or something more sinister? Some of you might lean over the bridge slightly to take a better look, or some of you might simply ignore it completely, not wanting to know what lurks beneath. No matter your disposition, you are shoved forward and told to continue before you can manage to gleam any more information, leaving you to simply speculate.

Pushed through the now open portcullis, past the keep's walls and finally inside the courtyard you are greeted by the sounds of training soldiers. All around your group are small regiments in the midst of skirmishes and drilling. The courtyard, you now see, is divide into four sections by streams of water, which seem to connect to the moat outside the walls. Each stream in the courtyard meets in the middle of this open space at the base of a large marble statue of Ghiran, holding the sun in one hand and a spear in the other.

Crossing over small bridges, your group eventually is lead to the main keep, its stain glass windows gleaming with beautiful color in the sunlight. The large wooden doors open as you approach, and immediately you are greeted by a man - or at least you're pretty sure he's a man - you had met only once before. Father Vicar bows to your group before speaking, and it is as he speaks that you realize you had never heard this entity talk before. When he had met with you in your prison cells, he had presented a contract but no words. His presence then was already unsettling; his towering stature, pale silver skin, androgynous features and unfeeling mercury eyes making him appear to be some unknowable force. And to top it all off his shoulder length hair, the color of which seemed to be that of freshly fallen snow, seemed unnatural on this creature whose skin showed no signs of old age. Yes, it was nerve wracking to be around him before, but as he spoke the unnaturalness of this entity truly began to set in. The muscles on his face didn't seem to move unless absolutely necessary, and he stayed completely monotone in his speech, with the exception of subtle lilts here and there. His voice carried to your ears is soft and rich, but it's unnatural calm sends shivers down the spines of those who listen

"Aw, finally you have arrived. Brother Tulio, by my side please." From behind you, one of the guards who had been guiding you steps up and walks to the side of father Vicar. He's a young man, broad chest and strong shoulders with a sturdy looking head set in between. The young man's hair is thick and wavy and kept at a medium length, it's color a brown so dark it seems black. Around his jaw, dark scruff seems to be forming, clearly a product of the nonstop travel the group had just gone through. Sizing up Tulio more, you see he wears thick splint armor and a yellow half cape draped over one shoulder which is clasped with a holy symbol of Ghiran. Though not much is left exposed, from what you can see of his light brown skin there are a few scars at the base of his neck and on the back of his left hand. His tired brown eyes regard you all coolly as he steps beside Father Vicar.

"The rest of you may leave. I'll take our new Knights down to their rooms." From behind you, you hear the sound of matched foot steps as the other guards exit the building.

Father Vicar pauses for a moment, his mercury eyes glancing at each and every one of you one last time before he turns on his heels and begins to walk, Tulio following suit. Vicar raises his right hand as he walks away, gesturing for you to follow him. Quickly, he leads you through this room - which appears to be a steeple of some sort - and down a hallway.

"So, Knights, I'm sure you're wondering what exactly it is you'll be doing here, or why the church even wants you. The answer to that question is quite simple really. You will be doing things the church can not. Your group will be sent on missions deemed too dangerous or too unholy for normal soldiers. Admittedly, you all have... abilities, considered invaluable to us, and so in exchange for your redemption you will go where you are told and complete the missions you are assigned." Eventually the hallway turns into a spiral staircase leading down. Without skipping a beat Vicar begins to descend and continues to talk.

"From now on, I am your leader. You will do what I ask without question, and in reward you will be redeemed in the eyes of the Living Sun upon your inevitable death. However, until then, while you remain alive - or undead in some cases - you will stay here at Fort Lapsus. Here you will be provided living quarters, food, water for bathing and drinking and proper medical attention should you need it. Anytime I send you on a mission and you find a treasure or valuable, you may keep it, with the exception of artifacts I have sent you to retrieve for the church." As your group continues to descend and Father Vicar continues to talk, you eventually begin to hear the faint sounds of song. A soft melody is being played upon a stringed instrument, and the deep gravelly tones of a man's voice is carried to your ears.

How's hope feeling today
Tired and sick of this place
Red wine is fast
At the lip of your glass
Saying I'm going to ruin
Everything
Everything
So its better my sweet
That we hover like bees
'Cause there's no sure footing
No love, I believe
Eventually your party reaches a wooden door at the bottom of these stairs, with which the song seems to be coming from. Tulio swiftly turns the knob and opens the door, allowing you to see what's on the other side. Immediately you are all greeted by variety of sights and smells. First, your nostrils are flooded by the scent of delicious, warm food combined with that of a wood fire. Then you see it, at the far end of the room is a table with plates set out and food piled high on serving platters. You also see goblets and tankards, all ready to be filled with wine, mead, or whatever else will quench your thirst. As you look around, one would see that the room is surprisingly well furnished. There are comfort chairs, love seats and couches that are positioned around a rug in front of a fireplace. Mounted above the fireplace is a landscape painting of ice covered mountains, reminding you of the ones you saw in the distance when you first arrived here. You also see that all up and down this room are doorways that lead into humble living quarters with a single bed and a chest resting at the foot. Strange floating orbs of pale white light float aimlessly at the top of this room's high ceiling, illuminating the area.

The next you would notice is the woman standing in one of the doorways. Her hair is white like Vicar's, and she too appears young, but in no way do her mannerisms match that of Vicar's. Her skin is a soft pale with emphasized rosy cheeks and kind golden eyes. She wears a set of baggy white robes over a chain shirt and leather pants, which all seems to be slightly too big for her small frame. A golden holy symbol of Ghiran hangs from her neck and she plays with it absentmindedly whilst regarding you all with a warm smile. Another thing that would be noticed, is that as you all entered this room the music had stopped, but at the far end, sitting at the table the source of the song could still be identified.

A man, with his feet upon the table and chair leaned back holds a lute in his hands. He watches you all enter the room, a lopsided grin stretched across his bearded face.

The first thing you would notice about this man are the tattoos. From what you can see of his exposed skin, from the base of his neck down, the man is completely covered in black runic writings. And though he is currently seated, you can see he's at least six and a half feet tall and quite fit. He wears a simple brown hooded robe that reaches just above his ankle, and on his feet are a pair of sandals that seem ragged from use. The man's empty hand reaches for the top of his head where he scratches, screwing up his already unkempt hair.

Father Vicar steps into the room, Tulio trailing behind. "As you can see your living conditions will be rather pleasant considering. Certainly an upgrade from a prison cell I'm sure." Father Vicar runs a hand over one of the doors absentmindedly, "Each of you has a room, in the chest of which you will find the items that had been confiscated from you when you were initially arrested. Also note, there are extra rooms, but please leave those be for now, they are for future guests should this program be a success." You watch as father Vicar speaks, Tulio walks up to the white haired girl, both of them exchanging grins. He extends his hand as she does so as well, both of them clasping each other's forearm. Tulio leans down as the girl whispers something into his ear, his grin growing as she speaks. He then mouths a silent "thank you" before disappearing into the room behind the girl.

"You've already met brother Tulio," Father Vicar continues, gesturing to the man as he disappears from sight "who will be in charge of security here. Sister Petra," Vicar gestures to the white haired girl now, "will be here for you should you need medical attention. She will also be supplying you with healing potions for your missions, as she is an expert in brewing those. As for-"

Father Vicar is suddenly cut off as the tattooed man stands up, resting his lute on his hip. "Don't worry father, I can introduce myself." The man bows deeply to you all for but a moment before righting himself, his crooked smile growing. "Welcome fellow Knights! I am Samael, or Sam if you feel so inclined! Lover, fighter, cook, musician, -"
"Drunk." Petra says, cutting off the man's ramblings with a wry smile.

Samael returns the smile, and gives a low chuckle. "Now, now Petra, don't be painting me all up in a bad picture like that." He says in a scolding manner, before returning his attention to your group. "Any way, now with introductions out of the way, who's up for some drinking?"

A forced and strained smile comes over the face of Father Vicar - a truly unsettling sight - as he lets out a single humorless laugh. "Ha, amusing as always Sam."
"I try to be".
"I am aware."

A single faint sigh is exhaled by Vicar, though his face shows no actual strain or agitation. He slowly turns his attention back to the party. "Yes, this is indeed Samael. He is a fellow Knight of Sin, but I doubt you'll find yourselves on any missions with him. He's for some of the more... unsavory adventures the church requires." Father Vicar begins heading for the door as he speaks. "Anywho, please get comfortable and eat well. There is a well for you to draw water from for bathing and drinking, as well as beds to rest in. Get to know each other now, because tomorrow is your first mission, and who knows how many will survive..." Father Vicar gives one last unnatural looking smile, before leaving the room, closing the door, leaving you all to do as you please.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Lord Potato Lord Potato Scarab Scarab Brumock Brumock

Petra.jpg
^^ This but with golden eyes for Petra

upload_2017-4-19_23-37-0.png
^^ More or less Samael

I couldn't find any pictures I liked for Tilio or Father Vicar, so hopefully my descriptions were good enough.

Character Sheet

OOC

Google Drive (Everything needed to make a character and all world info is found here)

Dice Room

Last edited:
The journey has been long. There were few moments of rest along the way, and even fewer where you were allowed to see your surroundings. The world around you has passed by in blotchy colored blurs that appeared just barely visible through the stitching of the burlap. Even still, one could see the verdant green eventually turn to stark white. And even if the color change wasn't enough to tip you off, the sudden biting cold would have been. North. That's where they were taking you.

Though sound was muffled, some of the more keen members of your group would be able to pick up chatter from the guards riding in this carriage with you. Most talk seemed to be idle chit-chat to pass the time, but one name did stick out. Lapsus Keep. The name would not be familiar to any, though those who heard it through context clues could piece together that this was probably the carriage's final destination.

All in all, the seats weren't much for comfort, and the constant jostling of the carriage didn't help the growing back pains either. The air around you was drenched with the smell of sweat, and pregnant with nervous murmurs. Where are they taking us? How much longer until we arrive? What's going to happen to us when we get there? The tension was enough to be cut from the air and spread on bread. Sadly though, there was no bread, no food at all in fact, so it would come as a relief to many when the carriage stopped and all were finally allowed to step out and stretch there aching backs and aching stomachs. Sure it was colder outside of the carriage, but it seemed you had finally arrived and maybe some relaxation could finally be had.

Strong hands take your shoulders, forcibly moving you into position. Now arm to arm with the rest of your group, your burlap sacks are finally removed from atop your head. At first, your eyes take time to adjust to the sudden wash of light, but eventually as your pupils leave their state of dilation, you get a good look at the world around. Just before you now, a large castle like structure stands tall, proud spires and turrets of white jutting forth from the snow. The walls of this keep are currently patrolled by guards armed with spears and other reach weapons, whilst adorned in white cloth and chain mail. Around the keep is a violent rushing river, it's white water rapids crashing over rocks and the snow caked shores. Past the rushing stream you see massive pine trees, their branches fat with fresh snowfall. The forest these towering pine trees make up seems daunting, even standing next to this castle, which extenuates the feeling of seclusion that has slowly been creeping into the back of your head. However, as you all find yourselves taking in the sights, suddenly you are all pushed forwards and commanded by a disembodied voice to keep moving.

As you continue down the way towards this almost camouflaged keep, you reach a small bridge which at first had gone unnoticed. Below it, a moat filled with deep blue water rests with an uninviting and unknowable depth. Crossing the bridge, those observing the water would catch a glance of movement just below the surface. Something large. Alligators? Crocodiles? Or something more sinister? Some of you might lean over the bridge slightly to take a better look, or some of you might simply ignore it completely, not wanting to know what lurks beneath. No matter your disposition, you are shoved forward and told to continue before you can manage to gleam any more information, leaving you to simply speculate.

Pushed through the now open portcullis, past the keep's walls and finally inside the courtyard you are greeted by the sounds of training soldiers. All around your group are small regiments in the midst of skirmishes and drilling. The courtyard, you now see, is divide into four sections by streams of water, which seem to connect to the moat outside the walls. Each stream in the courtyard meets in the middle of this open space at the base of a large marble statue of Ghiran, holding the sun in one hand and a spear in the other.

Crossing over small bridges, your group eventually is lead to the main keep, it's stain glass windows gleaming with beautiful color in the sunlight. The large wooden doors open as you approach, and immediately you are greeted by a man - or at least you're pretty sure he's a man - you had met only once before. Father Vicar bows to your group before speaking, and it is as he speaks that you realize you had never heard this entity talk before. When he had met with you in your prison cells, he had presented a contract but no words. His presence then was already unsettling; his towering stature, pale silver skin, androgynous features and unfeeling mercury eyes making him appear to be some unknowable force. And to top it all off his shoulder length hair, the color of which seemed to be that of freshly fallen snow, seemed unnatural on this creature whose skin showed no signs of old age. Yes, it was nerve wracking to be around him before, but as he spoke the unnaturalness of this entity truly began to set in. The muscles on his face didn't seem to move unless absolutely necessary, and he stayed completely monotone in his speech, with the exception of subtle lilts here and there. His voice carried to your ears is soft and rich, but it's unnatural calm sends shivers down the spines of those who listen

"Aw, finally you have arrived. Brother Tulio, by my side please." From behind you, one of the guards who had been guiding you steps up and walks to the side of father Vicar. He's a young man, broad chest and strong shoulders with a sturdy looking head set in between. The young man's hair is thick and wavy and kept at a medium length, it's color a brown so dark it seems black. Around his jaw, dark scruff seems to be forming, clearly a product of the nonstop travel the group had just gone through. Sizing up Tulio more, you see he wears thick splint armor and a yellow half cape draped over one shoulder which is clasped with a holy symbol of Ghiran. Though not much is left exposed, from what you can see of his light brown skin there are a few scars at the base of his neck and on the back of his left hand. His tired brown eyes regard you all coolly as he steps beside Father Vicar.

"The rest of you may leave. I'll take our new Knights down to their rooms." From behind you, you hear the sound of matched foot steps as the other guards exit the building. Father Vicar pauses for a moment, his mercury eyes glancing at each and everyone of you one last time before he turns on his heels and begins to walk, Tulio following suit. Vicar raises his right hand as he walks away, gesturing for you to follow him. Quickly, he leads you through this room - which appears to be a steeple of some sort - and down a hallway.

"So, Knights, I'm sure you're wondering what exactly you'll be doing here, or what your purpose is to the church. The answer for that question is quite simple really. You will be doing things the church can not. Your group will be sent on missions deemed too dangerous or too unholy for normal soldiers. Admittedly, you all have... abilities, considered invaluable to us, and so in exchange for your redemption you will go where you're told and complete the missions you are given." Eventually the hallway turns into a spiral staircase leading down. Without skipping a beat Vicar begins to descend and continues to talk.

"From now on, I am your leader. You will do what I ask without question, and in reward you will be redeemed in the eyes of the Living Sun upon your inevitable death. However, until then, while you remain alive, or undead in some cases, you will stay here at the bottom of Fort Lapsus. Here you will be provided living quarters, food, water for bathing and drinking and proper medical attention should you need it. Anytime I send you on a mission and you find a treasure or valuable, you may keep it, with the exception of artifacts I have sent you to retrieve for the church." As your group continues to descend and Father Vicar continues to talk, you eventually begin to hear the faint sounds of song. A soft melody is being played upon a stringed instrument, and the deep gravelly tones of a man's voice is carried to your ears.

How's hope feeling today
Red wine is fast
At the lip of your glass
Saying I'm going to ruin
Everything
Everything
So its better my sweet
That we hover like bees
No love, I believe
Eventually your party reaches a wooden door at the bottom of these stairs, with which the song seems to be coming from. Tulio swiftly opens the door and you are all immediately greeted by several sights and smells. First, your nostrils are flooded by the scent of delicious, warm food combined with that of a wood fire. Then you see it, at the far end of the room is a table with plates set out and food piled high on serving platters. You also see goblets and tankards, all ready to be filled with wine, mead, or whatever else will quench your thirst. You also see that the room is surprisingly well furnished. There are comfort chairs, love seats and couches that are positioned around a rug in front of a fireplace. Mounted above the fireplace is a landscape painting of ice covered mountains, reminding you of the ones you saw in the distance when you first arrived here. You also see that all up and down this room are doorways that lead into humble living quarters with a single bed and a chest resting at the foot.

Next you notice the woman standing in one of these doorways. Her hair is white like Vicar's, and she too appears young, but in no way do her mannerisms match that of Vicars. Her skin is a soft pale with emphasized rosy cheeks and kind golden eyes. She wears a set of baggy white robes over a chain shirt and leather pants, which all seems to be slightly too big for her small frame. A golden holy symbol of Ghiran hangs from her neck and she plays with it absentmindedly whilst regarding you all with a warm smile. Another thing that would be noticed, is that as you all entered this room the music had stopped, and at the far end sitting at the table is the source.

A man, with his feet upon the table and chair leaned back holds a loot in his hands. He watches you all enter the room, a lopsided grin stretched across his bearded face. The first thing you would notice about this man are the tattoos. From what you can see of his exposed skin, from the base of his neck down, the man is completely covered in black runic writings. And though he's sitting down, you can see he's at least six and a half feet tall and quite fit. He wears a simple brown hooded robe that reaches just above his ankle and on his feet are a pair of sandals that seem ragged from use. The man's empty hand reaches for the top of his head where he scratches, screwing up his already unkempt hair.

Father Vicar steps into the room, Tulio trailing behind. "As you can see your living conditions will be rather pleasant considering. Certainly an upgrade from a prison cell I'm sure." Father Vicar runs a hand over one of the doors absentmindedly, "Each of you has a room, in the chest of which you will find the items that had been confiscated from you when you were initially arrested. Also note, there are extra rooms, but please leave those be for now, they are for future guests should this program be a success." You watch as father Vicar speaks, Tulio walks up to the white haired girl, both of them exchanging grins. He extends his hand as she does so as well, both of them clasping each other's forearm. Tulio leans down as the girl whispers something into his ear, his grin growing as she speaks. He then mouths a silent "thank you" before disappearing into the room behind the girl.

"You've already met brother Tulio," Father Vicar continues, gesturing to the man as he disappears from sight "who will be in charge of security here. Sister Petra," Vicar gestures to the white haired girl now, "will be here for you should you need medical attention. She will also be supplying you with healing potions for your missions, as she is an expert in brewing those. As for-"

Father Vicar is suddenly cut off as the tattooed man stands up, resting his lute on his hip. "Don't worry father, I can introduce myself." The man bows deeply to you all for but a moment before righting himself, his crooked smile growing. "Welcome fellow Knights! I am Samael, or Sam if you feel so inclined! Lover, fighter, cook, musician, -"

Samael returns the smile, and gives a low chuckle. "Now, now Petra, don't be painting me all up in a bad picture like that." He says in a scolding manner, before returning his attention to your group. "Any way, now with introductions out of the way, who's up for some drinking?"

A forced and strained smile comes over the face of Father Vicar - a truly unsettling sight - as he lets out a single humorless laugh. "Ha, amusing as always Sam."
"I try to be".
"I am aware."

A single faint sigh is exhaled by Vicar, though his face shows no actual strain or agitation. He slowly turns his attention back to the party. "Yes, this is indeed Samael. He is a fellow Knight of Sin, but I doubt you'll find yourselves on any missions with him. He's for some of the more... unsavory adventures the church requires." Father Vicar begins heading for the door as he speaks. "Anywho, please get comfortable and eat well. There is a well for you to draw water from for bathing and drinking, as well as beds to rest in. Get to know each other now, because tomorrow is your first mission, and who knows how many will survive..." Father Vicar gives one last unnatural looking smile, before leaving the room, closing the door, leaving you all to do as you please.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Lord Potato Lord Potato Scarab Scarab Brumock Brumock

View attachment 302270

View attachment 302271
^^ More or less Samael

I couldn't find any pictures I liked for Tilio or Father Vicar, so hopefully my descriptions were good enough.

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room
At arriving the castle Eladon was annoyed. He didn't really want to be here but he had no choice. He listens to the boooring lecture and followed behind him not really paying attention around him. The sound of the song also annoyed him because of his pounding headache that he always has when he was annoyed. He looked at the living quarters and the mess hall and was excited because he never really had this close to nice living quarters. As entering the room his eyes directly go to Petra. He smiled at her and winked and started to say "Well, hello Petra very nice to meet you, my nam-" He was then cut off by whatever the drunks name was and rolled his eyes. After Vicar left he quickly goes and grabs his things. He then got back to the group. "Well, I'm Eladon. I guess it's nice to meet you."

(I didn't know what else to put XD)

Strong hands take your shoulders, forcibly moving you into position. Now arm to arm with the rest of your group, your burlap sacks are finally removed from atop your head. At first, your eyes take time to adjust to the sudden wash of light, but eventually as your pupils leave their state of dilation, you get a good look at the world around. Just before you now, a large castle like structure stands tall, proud spires and turrets of white jutting forth from the snow. The walls of this keep are currently patrolled by guards armed with spears and other reach weapons, whilst adorned in white cloth and chain mail. Around the keep is a violent rushing river, it's white water rapids crashing over rocks and the snow caked shores. Past the rushing stream you see massive pine trees, their branches fat with fresh snowfall. The forest these towering pine trees make up seems daunting, even standing next to this castle, which extenuates the feeling of seclusion that has slowly been creeping into the back of your head. However, as you all find yourselves taking in the sights, suddenly you are all pushed forwards and commanded by a disembodied voice to keep moving.

Crossing over small bridges, your group eventually is lead to the main keep, it's stain glass windows gleaming with beautiful color in the sunlight. The large wooden doors open as you approach, and immediately you are greeted by a man - or at least you're pretty sure he's a man - you had met only once before. Father Vicar bows to your group before speaking, and it is as he speaks that you realize you had never heard this entity talk before. When he had met with you in your prison cells, he had presented a contract but no words. His presence then was already unsettling; his towering stature, pale silver skin, androgynous features and unfeeling mercury eyes making him appear to be some unknowable force. And to top it all off his shoulder length hair, the color of which seemed to be that of freshly fallen snow, seemed unnatural on this creature whose skin showed no signs of old age. Yes, it was nerve wracking to be around him before, but as he spoke the unnaturalness of this entity truly began to set in. The muscles on his face didn't seem to move unless absolutely necessary, and he stayed completely monotone in his speech, with the exception of subtle lilts here and there. His voice carried to your ears is soft and rich, but it's unnatural calm sends shivers down the spines of those who listen

"The rest of you may leave. I'll take our new Knights down to their rooms." From behind you, you hear the sound of matched foot steps as the other guards exit the building.

Father Vicar pauses for a moment, his mercury eyes glancing at each and every one of you one last time before he turns on his heels and begins to walk, Tulio following suit. Vicar raises his right hand as he walks away, gesturing for you to follow him. Quickly, he leads you through this room - which appears to be a steeple of some sort - and down a hallway.

"So, Knights, I'm sure you're wondering what exactly it is you'll be doing here, or why the church even wants you. The answer to that question is quite simple really. You will be doing things the church can not. Your group will be sent on missions deemed too dangerous or too unholy for normal soldiers. Admittedly, you all have... abilities, considered invaluable to us, and so in exchange for your redemption you will go where you are told and complete the missions you are assigned." Eventually the hallway turns into a spiral staircase leading down. Without skipping a beat Vicar begins to descend and continues to talk.

"From now on, I am your leader. You will do what I ask without question, and in reward you will be redeemed in the eyes of the Living Sun upon your inevitable death. However, until then, while you remain alive - or undead in some cases - you will stay here at Fort Lapsus. Here you will be provided living quarters, food, water for bathing and drinking and proper medical attention should you need it. Anytime I send you on a mission and you find a treasure or valuable, you may keep it, with the exception of artifacts I have sent you to retrieve for the church." As your group continues to descend and Father Vicar continues to talk, you eventually begin to hear the faint sounds of song. A soft melody is being played upon a stringed instrument, and the deep gravelly tones of a man's voice is carried to your ears.

How's hope feeling today
Red wine is fast
At the lip of your glass
Saying I'm going to ruin
Everything
Everything
So its better my sweet
That we hover like bees
No love, I believe
Eventually your party reaches a wooden door at the bottom of these stairs, with which the song seems to be coming from. Tulio swiftly turns the knob and opens the door, allowing you to see what's on the other side. Immediately you are all greeted by variety of sights and smells. First, your nostrils are flooded by the scent of delicious, warm food combined with that of a wood fire. Then you see it, at the far end of the room is a table with plates set out and food piled high on serving platters. You also see goblets and tankards, all ready to be filled with wine, mead, or whatever else will quench your thirst. As you look around, one would see that the room is surprisingly well furnished. There are comfort chairs, love seats and couches that are positioned around a rug in front of a fireplace. Mounted above the fireplace is a landscape painting of ice covered mountains, reminding you of the ones you saw in the distance when you first arrived here. You also see that all up and down this room are doorways that lead into humble living quarters with a single bed and a chest resting at the foot. Strange floating orbs of pale white light float aimlessly at the top of this room's high ceiling, illuminating the area.

The next you would notice is the woman standing in one of the doorways. Her hair is white like Vicar's, and she too appears young, but in no way do her mannerisms match that of Vicar's. Her skin is a soft pale with emphasized rosy cheeks and kind golden eyes. She wears a set of baggy white robes over a chain shirt and leather pants, which all seems to be slightly too big for her small frame. A golden holy symbol of Ghiran hangs from her neck and she plays with it absentmindedly whilst regarding you all with a warm smile. Another thing that would be noticed, is that as you all entered this room the music had stopped, but at the far end, sitting at the table the source of the song could still be identified.

A man, with his feet upon the table and chair leaned back holds a lute in his hands. He watches you all enter the room, a lopsided grin stretched across his bearded face.

The first thing you would notice about this man are the tattoos. From what you can see of his exposed skin, from the base of his neck down, the man is completely covered in black runic writings. And though he is currently seated, you can see he's at least six and a half feet tall and quite fit. He wears a simple brown hooded robe that reaches just above his ankle, and on his feet are a pair of sandals that seem ragged from use. The man's empty hand reaches for the top of his head where he scratches, screwing up his already unkempt hair.

"I try to be".
"I am aware."

View attachment 302270

View attachment 302271
^^ More or less Samael

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room

Its*
(I've highlighted the mistake in red.)

At arriving the castle Eladon was annoyed. He didn't really want to be here but he had no choice. He listens to the boooring lecture and followed behind him not really paying attention around him. The sound of the song also annoyed him because of his pounding headache that he always has when he was annoyed. He looked at the living quarters and the mess hall and was excited because he never really had this close to nice living quarters. As entering the room his eyes directly go to Petra. He smiled at her and winked and started to say "Well, hello Petra very nice to meet you, my nam-" He was then cut off by whatever the drunks name was and rolled his eyes. After Vicar left he quickly goes and grabs his things. He then got back to the group. "Well, I'm Eladon. I guess it's nice to meet you."

Kubo had remained silent for the entirety of the process. He was a good listener, and intended to remain that way. He was astonished by the amazing castle and the elegeance of the people in front of him. After they had all introduced themselves and the group had been told to make themselves comfortable, he darted towards where the living quarters were, and found a room with his name on it. He opened the chest frantically and pulled out several sheets of paper and his shamisen, and he spent several minutes tuning it. "I thought I'd never see another instrument again". Once he was finished tuning the instrument, he played a tune for a while, and the paper began to float up in the air and fold into a small person. He slung the shamisen over his back, and put the paper person on his shoulder, and walked back into the room where the food was. "Oh, sorry for not introducing myself. I'm kubo. I play the shamisen and make origami."

Knight remained in silent watching, listening, learning. The entire ride all the way into the keeps' walls absorbing his surroundings. little did he talk for he understood the path he chose, he retrieved his gear, and made use of the food available. He spins his time getting reacquainted with his weapons.

Both Petra and Samael watch as the party before them finds and enters their rooms, only to emerge moments later with their gear.

Kubo had remained silent for the entirety of the process. He was a good listener, and intended to remain that way. He was astonished by the amazing castle and the elegeance of the people in front of him. After they had all introduced themselves and the group had been told to make themselves comfortable, he darted towards where the living quarters were, and found a room with his name on it. He opened the chest frantically and pulled out several sheets of paper and his shamisen, and he spent several minutes tuning it. "I thought I'd never see another instrument again". Once he was finished tuning the instrument, he played a tune for a while, and the paper began to float up in the air and fold into a small person. He slung the shamisen over his back, and put the paper person on his shoulder, and walked back into the room where the food was. "Oh, sorry for not introducing myself. I'm kubo. I play the shamisen and make origami."
Knight remained in silent watching, listening, learning. The entire ride all the way into the keeps' walls absorbing his surroundings. little did he talk for he understood the path he chose, he retrieved his gear, and made use of the food available. He spins his time getting reacquainted with his weapons.

As the gnome introduces himself, Samael immediately gives Eladon a hardy pat on the shoulder, causing the towering man to bend down slightly. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance my gnomish brother! I'm excited for us to get to know each other!" He then stands up and regards Kubo with the same lopsided grin. "And sir Kubo! An honor to serve with another man of musical talent." He gestures to the shamisen. "That's a mighty fine instrument. I've always been partial to the string family myself," Samael gives a loving pat to his lute, "though, I must admit that I lack any sort of magical ability when it comes my music. That," pointing to the origami man now, "is really something special... Hey Petra! You see this kid's paper man?"
"I see it Sam." She says whilst seemingly examining the young boy from afar.

Samael gives one last nod, his grin disappearing. "Yeah... really something special." Smile returning after but a brief moment, Samael stands back up to his full height and begins walking back over to the table. "All of you, come now! Let us eat and drink and be merry! What better way to get to know each other than conversations over food and drink?" He resumes his position at the table, this time Petra joining him, taking her seat on the opposite side. She fills the goblet set out for her with a small amount of wine and begins setting food upon her plate. "Tulio will be joining us in a moment." She states in a soft voice. "He's currently bathing. Father Vicar has been working the poor man to the bone and he's in desperate need of some relaxation." Taking a bite of her food, a large smile begins to crawl it's way across the woman's face. "By the Living Sun's bounty! Fantastic as always Sammy."

Samael gives a humble nod in Petra's direction and a low chuckle. "I do try my hardest ma'am, I'm glad it is to your liking." He picks up a goblet of wine and takes a long drink before turning his attention to the bald man who had remained silent thus far. "And what about you my friend? I don't believe I caught your name." Samael looks to Knight expectantly.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Brumock Brumock Lord Potato Lord Potato Scarab Scarab

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room

Side note I work weekdays so I have few times during the day I can reply

I'm going to explain that I'm an assassin in theives' cant during this.
"Me? I'm Knight I was a merchant I traded no goods just services people paid high dollar for my services."

Knight rubs his head
In elvish "this is danger"
In common "If you would like to know more, please wait till we get moving... Stories are best saved to pass time."

He leans back showing the theives glyph for danger etched into his leather armor, below two daggers are hilted one of which is shinier than the other.

Both Petra and Samael watch as the party before them finds and enters their rooms, only to emerge moments later with their gear.

As the gnome introduces himself, Samael immediately gives Eladon a hardy pat on the shoulder, causing the towering man to bend down slightly. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance my gnomish brother! I'm excited for us to get to know each other!" He then stands up and regards Kubo with the same lopsided grin. "And sir Kubo! An honor to serve with another man of musical talent." He gestures to the shamisen. "That's a mighty fine instrument. I've always been partial to the string family myself," Samael gives a loving pat to his lute, "though, I must admit that I lack any sort of magical ability when it comes my music. That," pointing to the origami man now, "is really something special... Hey Petra! You see this kid's paper man?"

Samael gives one last nod, his grin disappearing. "Yeah... really something special." Smile returning after but a brief moment, Samael stands back up to his full height and begins walking back over to the table. "All of you, come now! Let us eat and drink and be merry! What better way to get to know each other than conversations over food and drink?" He resumes his position at the table, this time Petra joining him, taking her seat on the opposite side. She fills the goblet set out for her with a small amount of wine and begins setting food upon her plate. "Tulio will be joining us in a moment." She states in a soft voice. "He's currently bathing. Father Vicar has been working the poor man to the bone and he's in desperate need of some relaxation." Taking a bite of her food, a large smile begins to crawl it's way across the woman's face. "By the Living Sun's bounty! Fantastic as always Sammy."

Samael gives a humble nod in Petra's direction and a low chuckle. "I do try my hardest ma'am, I'm glad it is to your liking." He picks up a goblet of wine and takes a long drink before turning his attention to the bald man who had remained silent thus far. "And what about you my friend? I don't believe I caught your name." Samael looks to Knight expectantly.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Brumock Brumock Lord Potato Lord Potato Scarab Scarab

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room
Kubo smiled "yeah, it's a family thing. But for whatever reason the church thought it was evil for me to bring paper to life. So they threw me in jail. I don't really understand it." He sat down and began to eat "This is amazing. But, then again I haven't really had real food in months" kubo chuckled, "but why are you being so lighthearted knowing you're basically sending us on a suicide mission?"

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room

Samael's sudden hard pat on his shoulder surprised Eladon and angered him. He almost wanted to bite his hand and spit on him but he calmed himself down. He pulls out his spell book and looks at his spells and almost casted Magic missile on him but Eladon would get put back in prison for that so he stopped himself and closed his spell book. He then got himself ready. Putting his Ring on, putting his marked cards in his pocket, but his dagger in his boot and held his spell book close to him. It's time to start making money again sometime soon!He thought to himself as he looked around at his party.

Last edited:
As Segrain arrived at the castle he simple separated himself from the rest of the group and just stood in the corner watching and listening as everyone began introducing themselves. As most people finished their introductions' Segrain finally exited from his corner and fully showed himself to the group. "Hello everyone I'm sure you are all wondering who I am, well here's your answer my name is Segrain Ryze and I am a rather unique cleric."

Like most of the others, Kysthana watched and listened. She learned what she could the whole way up there and had felt somewhat secure in her grasp of what was happening. That was... until they'd arrived. The furnishings here were much more lavish than she expected, and the company provided more jovial. Of course, in her experience, much could be hidden behind a smile and a kind front. She'd expected a different type of prison, and she knew they were no more free here than in the cell, but this... this was not a handmaiden's shared quarters, that was certain.

As soon as the others had left to find her own things, Kyst did too. She felt naked without a weapon of some sort, and the clothes she had on now were torn and filthy from travel and prison both. Once she got to her room, she changed out of her ragged traveling clothing and into the fine clothes she'd kept in her bag. As she pulled on the turquoise gown, she caught a glimpse of her reflection. Her soft, light blond hair was darkened by dirt and dust, she looked tanner, and closer to brunette with all of the filth that covered her. Her hair was a veritable mess. Originally, she hadn't planned on leaving her room before morning, but seeing her reflection made her realize just how filthy she was. The thought of climbing into a nice, clean bed while she was so disheveled made her remember that she'd heard there were baths. After strapping a dagger to her ankle and hiding the other in her sleeve, she headed back into the main room. She came out in time to hear Knights introduction.

An assassin, then? Interesting. She thought, as she listened to the others talk. And a 'special' cleric who's got a penchant for the dramatic. She didn't want to cut in, so she stayed silent as she moved over and tapped the young woman on the shoulder. Putting on her own kind face, Kyst smiled, and introduced herself with a soft, shy voice.

"Hello, they called you Petra, yes? I was wondering, well, baths were mentioned, where might those be found?" She asked the woman, brushing her own hair back out of her face. Her discomfort was not as faked as she'd expected, she didn't like showing her face in so much light like this.
The Faceless King The Faceless King

Last edited:
Side note I work weekdays so I have few times during the day I can reply

I'm going to explain that I'm an assassin in theives' cant during this.
"Me? I'm Knight I was a merchant I traded no goods just services people paid high dollar for my services."

Knight rubs his head
In elvish "this is danger"
In common "If you would like to know more, please wait till we get moving... Stories are best saved to pass time."

He leans back showing the theives glyph for danger etched into his leather armor, below two daggers are hilted one of which is shinier than the other.
Samael nods, seemingly in understanding. "Well, I thought we were passing the time now, but if you want to keep your stories to yourself, that's all good and fine. People got their secrets, I understand." He brings the goblet of wine back up to his lips, taking a long swig and draining it's contents before turning his attention back to Kubo as the young boy spoke.
Kubo smiled "yeah, it's a family thing. But for whatever reason the church thought it was evil for me to bring paper to life. So they threw me in jail. I don't really understand it." He sat down and began to eat "This is amazing. But, then again I haven't really had real food in months" kubo chuckled, "but why are you being so lighthearted knowing you're basically sending us on a suicide mission?"
Samael answers Kubo's question with a chuckle and shakes his head.

Placing his empty goblet on the table, he pauses for a moment to ponder the question. He scratches his chin and lets out a low "hmmm" as he thinks. "Why are we being so lighthearted huh? Well, for me that's just my nature. Never had it in me to be the strict type, you know what I'm saying, kid? Plus there weren't nothin' in my contract saying I had to be an asshole to my fellow knights. As for Petra, well I reckon she's just good people." At this Petra snorts a little, suppressing a laugh just barely. "Sam, you flatter me to much."
"What?! It's true! You've got a kind heart, young miss. The real pure stuff, the kind of heart that most saints wish they had. You might take it as flattery miss Petra, but I'm just speaking the truth."

Petra smiles into her wine before taking another sip. She then places the goblet down on the table and pats her upper lip with a napkin, shifting in her seat so she can face Kubo, a warm and pleasant smile on her face. "In all honesty, you haven't given me any reason to not be kind, so I see no reason to be rude to you. Plus, we'll be working together, so we might as well try and get along."

Samael - who had been tuning his lute as Petra spoke - suddenly snapped back to attention, his smile gone and now replaced by a much more serious expression. "Keep in mind though, that while me and Petra ain't much to be mean to others, Tulio can be... a real piece of work sometimes." Samael spoke with a sound of warning in his voice.

"Oh, shut it Sam! You're too mean to Tulio." Exclaimed Petra, turning to face the tattooed Knight. "Tulio is nothing but a big sweet heart. He just has... a short fuse. That's all. If you two would stop butting heads with each other for just a moment, you would probably get along just fine." As Petra speaks, you can see she seems to be growing somewhat flustered. It seems this isn't the first time the two have had this talk.
As Segrain arrived at the castle he simple separated himself from the rest of the group and just stood in the corner watching and listening as everyone began introducing themselves. As most people finished their introductions' Segrain finally exited from his corner and fully showed himself to the group. "Hello everyone I'm sure you are all wondering who I am, well here's your answer my name is Segrain Ryze and I am a rather unique cleric."
As Segrain spoke, both Samael and Petra stopped fussing, seemingly startled by the introduction from a man they did not quite see only moments ago. Petra regains her composure and continues eating her meal - looking a tad embarrassed by her outburst - while Samael greets the new comer with his lopsided grin. "Well then, Segrain, why don't you step out of the shadows and come take a seat. Tell me, what makes a unique cleric? I only know mediocre ones." Samael says, winking at Petra, who in turn glowers at Sam. "And you too my gnomish friend! Come sit and eat the food I slaved over." Patting the seats on either side of him, Samael's jovial and slightly slurred tone meets your ears.
"Does this keep have a blacksmith? or parsay enchanter? Mr. sam?" Knight ask standing up.
At this Sam shrugs and points to Petra, whom looks to Knight and nods. She swallows the food in her mouth before speaking. "Oh yes! We do have a blacksmith. His name is Ignacio, but I'm pretty sure he's busy right now. You'll have to wait until after your mission tomorrow to talk to him. As for an enchanter... I can't say we do. Father Vicar might know some basic enchantment, but I don't think we have any sort of specialist."
Like most of the others, Kysthana watched and listened. She learned what she could the whole way up there and had felt somewhat secure in her grasp of what was happening. That was... until they'd arrived. The furnishings here were much more lavish than she expected, and the company provided more jovial. Of course, in her experience, much could be hidden behind a smile and a kind front. She'd expected a different type of prison, and she knew they were no more free here than in the cell, but this... this was not a handmaiden's shared quarters, that was certain.

As soon as the others had left to find her own things, Kyst did too. She felt naked without a weapon of some sort, and the clothes she had on now were torn and filthy from travel and prison both. Once she got to her room, she changed out of her ragged traveling clothing and into the fine clothes she'd kept in her bag. As she pulled on the turquoise gown, she caught a glimpse of her reflection. Her soft, light blond hair was darkened by dirt and dust, she looked tanner, and closer to brunette with all of the filth that covered her. Her hair was a veritable mess. Originally, she hadn't planned on leaving her room before morning, but seeing her reflection made her realize just how filthy she was. The thought of climbing into a nice, clean bed while she was so disheveled made her remember that she'd heard there were baths. After strapping a dagger to her ankle and hiding the other in her sleeve, she headed back into the main room. She came out in time to hear Knights introduction.

An assassin, then? Interesting. She thought, as she listened to the others talk. And a 'special' cleric who's got a penchant for the dramatic. She didn't want to cut in, so she stayed silent as she moved over and tapped the young woman on the shoulder. Putting on her own kind face, Kyst smiled, and introduced herself with a soft, shy voice.

"Hello, they called you Petra, yes? I was wondering, well, baths were mentioned, where might those be found?" She asked the woman, brushing her own hair back out of her face. Her discomfort was not as faked as she'd expected, she didn't like showing her face in so much light like this.
Petra was continuing to think, hoping she could remember if there was some sort of enchanter she had possibly just forgotten about, when a tap on her shoulder caught the young cleric's attention. Turning to see the source, Petra was greeted by a kind and soft introduction from Kysthana. "Oh! Baths, of course! You must be dying to clean yourself off after that long trip. Here, follow me to the ladies room. I'll show you how to use the baths." Quickly, the small woman stands from her seat at the table, and as she does so Kyst manages to catch a big whiff of what seems to be honey radiating from the cleric.

Taking Kyst's hand in her's, Petra leads the rouge to the far left door of the foyer. Opening it, the two travel down a small hallway that curves to the right, eventually reaching a large and mostly empty room. The room seems to be made entirely of white stone, possibly marble, and in the center is a large basin - four feet deep and approximately 10 feet wide - with two drains in the center. To the side there is a small bench with white folded towels stacked up and a variety of soaps and hygiene products laid out. In the basin, there is a lip about halfway down with strange runes carved into the side.

With out hesitating, Petra releases Kyst's hand and walks over to one of the walls, placing both her hands on what appears to be a large metal wheel. Flexing and tensing her muscles, Petra struggles to turn the contraption, but eventually manages to spin it two rotations left. As this happens, the sound of gurgling water begins to fill the room, and from one of the drains, water begins to rise. Petra stands, a proud look on her face as she watches the water, and once the basin reaches almost maximum capacity, Petra quickly turns the wheel two rotations to the right, stopping the flow. She then removes the Ghiran pendant from her neck, and places the holy symbol into a small slot on the wall, next to the wheel. Suddenly the runes carved into the stone begin to glow orange.

Petra turns to face Kyst, a pleased grin on her face. "Pretty clever, huh? Ignacio and Father Vicar worked this out years ago. Now every royal home, church and fort has a similar set up."

After a few minutes, the steam begins to rise from the water and Petra removes her holy symbol from the wall. Immediately the runes cease their glowing.

The small cleric moves over to the bench at the far side of the room and begins removing her robes, chain shirt and undergarments, folding them into a neat stack. "I actually haven't bathed in a day or two myself. We get so busy here I sometimes forget to keep myself tidy." Now no longer wearing her baggy clothes, Kysthana can see that Petra is surprisingly quite fit. Though her body is small, she certainly has a lean set of muscle on her.

Petra stretches out, a small yawn escaping her as she slowly steps towards the now heated water. With relaxed steps, she wades into the basin, finding herself closing her eyes as she leans up against the bath's wall. A soft and calm moan sounds from Petra, as she seems to find herself unwinding in the water.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Lord Potato Lord Potato Brumock Brumock Hel Hel
Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room

Last edited:
As Segrain spoke, both Samael and Petra stopped fussing, seemingly startled by the introduction from a man they did not quite see only moments ago. Petra regains her composure and continues eating her meal - looking a tad embarrassed by her outburst - while Samael greets the new comer with his lopsided grin. "Well then, Segrain, why don't you step out of the shadows and come take a seat. Tell me, what makes a unique cleric? I only know mediocre ones." Samael says, winking at Petra, who in turn glowers at Sam. "And you too my gnomish friend! Come sit and eat the food I slaved over." Patting the seats on either side of him, Samael's jovial and slightly slurred tone meets your ears.
Eladon still quite annoyed accepts this invitation. He slowly walks up to the chair and plops down onto it. He put his spellbook next to him and begins to eat. Eladon doesn't want to admit it but the food is rather quite nice and he was starving away. Of course, Eladon doesn't look relaxed at all. He seems to be always on guard. Always ready to grab his dagger or go for his spellbook. I mean he always is on the lookout for an angry merchant that figured out that he stole from him and now wants to cut his arm off. He also watches Petra move off with the assassin or what Eladon assumes to be an assassin to the bathing area. I mean Eladon sure wants to see Petra or even the girl in the bath so he's half tempted to go with them but at last, he stays. He finally decides to talk to Samael and says "So what do you do. I see you have lute so are you a bard?"

Knight stands there briefly "Sorry." He says "Thank you for the meal Sam" he says and heads into his room.

A moments pass before he comes back out.

"Sorry for lack of a proper introduction, I was not prepared for such accommodations, my name is Knight Steel and I might be a little slow to crack my shell, I just need time."

Knight offer his hand to Sam.

"How long have you two been here?"

Eladon still quite annoyed accepts this invitation. He slowly walks up to the chair and plops down onto it. He put his spellbook next to him and begins to eat. Eladon doesn't want to admit it but the food is rather quite nice and he was starving away. Of course, Eladon doesn't look relaxed at all. He seems to be always on guard. Always ready to grab his dagger or go for his spellbook. I mean he always is on the lookout for an angry merchant that figured out that he stole from him and now wants to cut his arm off. He also watches Petra move off with the assassin or what Eladon assumes to be an assassin to the bathing area. I mean Eladon sure wants to see Petra or even the girl in the bath so he's half tempted to go with them but at last, he stays. He finally decides to talk to Samael and says "So what do you do. I see you have lute so are you a bard?"
Samael responds with a sad shake of his head. "Bard? Nah. I don't have the raw magical talent to be a bard, unlike our friend Kubo." Reaching for his wine again, Samael brings the chalice back to his lips, only to be reminded that he had already finished his glass. With an annoyed huff he reaches towards the center of the table and picks up one of the uncorked battles of wine, filling his glass up to the brim, almost emptying the bottle. Satisfied with the amount of wine in his chalice, Samael once again brings his drink to his lips and takes another long swig, draining half of it's contents. "But what do I do?" He chuckles quietly. "I'm just a lapdog, Eladon. I do what I'm told, when I'm told. But hey, I guess it's better than rotting in a prison cell." Leaning in, Samael looks Eladon dead in the eye, any semblance of his usual chipper exterior gone. "But believe you me, gnome, when I die, I'm gonna be a free man." He holds the gnomes gaze, his eyes searching for something, before leaning back into his seat and letting out a hardy laugh, Sam's usual pleasant demeanor returning. "But enough about me, eh?"
Knight stands there briefly "Sorry." He says "Thank you for the meal Sam" he says and heads into his room.

A moments pass before he comes back out.

"Sorry for lack of a proper introduction, I was not prepared for such accommodations, my name is Knight Steel and I might be a little slow to crack my shell, I just need time."

Knight offer his hand to Sam.

"How long have you two been here?"
Samael gladly excepts the handshake, returning it with a tight grip. "No need to worry Mr.Steele, everyone needs their own time to adjust." The tattooed man stands up for a moment and begins to take cups from the table, filling them up with wine and placing them down in front of each person sitting at the table. He then takes two extras and fills them up as well, placing them in front of Petra's seat and in front of the seat next to her's. "How long have we been here? We'll I can't answer on behalf of Petra, but I'd say it's been a year or two for her. I've been here a month and I think Tulio's been here as long as Petra if not longer." He sits back down, a wry grin on his face. "I don't really know though, so you'll have to ask them yourself." Samael's chuckles as he speaks. "But enough of this jejune talk! While we wait exhaustion to take our bodies, why don't we play a little drinking game? It's simple, and it'll help us to, eh, 'crack our shell', as you so elegantly put it Knight." Taking his lute in hand, Samael sets the instrument on the ground, leaning it on his chair. He shifts slightly in his seat, situating himself, before continuing, a lilt of excitement in his voice now. "Alright, here's how it works. One person starts by saying 'never have I ever' and then stating something they have never done that they think someone else may have. Then, anybody who has done that thing takes a drink. It's simple, and we'll be warming up to each other in know time. What do you think?" Samael looks around the room expectantly.

Sunstone Sunstone Blu3 Blu3 Lord Potato Lord Potato Brumock Brumock

Character Sheet

OOC

Dice Room

(I'm guess people were waiting on me sorry)

"Alright I'm fine for that guess ill start this off then. Never have I have ever stolen anything" Knight says then takes a small drink

Last edited:
Kyst followed the small cleric down the hall to the bath chamber, and watched as she filled the large basin with water. As she seemed to struggle, Kyst moved to help, though she wasn't very strong herself. Kyst had seen this sort of arrangement before in the homes of the wealthy she'd lived with in the last few years. She could soon feel the warmth rising from the waters as a gentle steam took to the air. Petra grinned, as she spoke now, she seemed proud of the contraption, so Kyst fed that pride. She didn't like to be trapped in a place without friends, and Petra seemed to be pretty amiable.

"Vicar, I mean, a, Father Vicar helped figure this out?" She asks, "It's pretty clever, I've seen them before. They're very nice." As she spoke she stripped down, herself, and folded her clothes neatly. She placed the dress to the side and moved to slide into the bath herself, "Oh, a bath is so nice after a long travel. I couldn't imagine getting so busy I'd forget this was here," She joked a bit, after a moment of silence had fallen between the two.

The bath was very nice, and Kyst was sure to wash her hair early in case some stranger decided to chase them out - she half expected this luxury to be too good to be true, and not actually for the Knights to use. She asked Petra several questions about what sorts of things she did here, and carefully avoided much personal information beyond what was she figured to be fairly obvious

(Sorry for the lame post. Dead week and Finals week drains the creativity from my bones)

Eldon was momentarily surprised by how serious Samael become but while he talked he kept his gaze on him. After he stopped he listened to the game idea and thought since he had nothing to do he would play. As Knight said the first thing he took a drink. I mean he's almost done anything that was against the law. "I'll go next! Never have I ever..... played an instrument." He looks over to Samael with his lute but couldn't tell if Knight had before. If Eladon ever played an instrument he would have to have been super drunk because he remembers nothing of playing an instrument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back