• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Knights of Pine Shrew

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Selena collapsed onto the floor with exhaustion, her body done after the 12th fist fight with Baile. She had won none of them, but still managed to keep a smile on her face. This, even with how brutal it was, somehow felt familiar and good. She liked the adrenaline that flowed after being punched in the stomach, and the feeling of sweat trickling down her forehead.

"Thank you," Selena said, getting up slowly, "I really enjoyed that. I hope we have the opportunity to do it again. I'm going to go look for Esmerlada now."

And she ran off.

::::::

Esmerlada couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of these people's words. They truly believed she was the true root of the problem, as if she'd been there at the creation of Argos, planting seeds for the destruction of Pineshrew.

"He created Argos," she replied sternly, becoming more defensive, "He made an 18 year old a knight even though she had no battle experience, rather than going out to relinquish the problem himself he sent that girl out to scout for Argos, but when she came back with information about Argos's camp he did nothing. He even works with the beast now. Yes, I have committed many crimes, but none as heinous as his."

Baile was not satisfied with their training just yet. He had planned to begin using magic to see if she would react with magic of her own. All the same he was not king and he could no longer command. He let her be on her way. As she excused herself he simply added, “lets meet again soon.” He turned and went to go meet with Argos. After all preparations needed to be made. Pineshrew was no longer his but the larger issue of Vestoko was his first priority.

^^^

The people gasped at Esmeraldas accusation. One man erupted into a coughing fit from the surprise of it all. He recovered and spoke. “You must take us for a fool. Argos had long been the enemy of the king. He would never work with the beast unless he was planning to kill him.”

Dallas’s son chided in, “Besides, not like ya can prove any of this.”

“Let's be rid of her.” Another man with a wooden stake chimed in.

"You people are very quick to draw conclusions," replied Esmeralda, "it would be very foolish of you to kill me without hearing me out. So, I have a proposition for you. Come with me back to Argos's camp and I will show you proof of the things I say. If not, I would be more than happy to kill you all." Summoning black magic, Esmeralda imagined a bastard sword and a dagger, now carrying one in each hand. She balanced herself on her back foot, stepping towards the crowd, "It's your choice."

Last edited:
The people looked nervous. Visiting Argos camp did not seem appealing. Even if Baile was there. So was Argos the very being who brought the destruction of Pineshrew and so much death.
“We would never go to his camp surely he would kill us.”
Before they could say much else, Esmeralda drew weapons at them. A man with a pitchfork stepped forward and did his best to defend the group in case it came to a fight.
“What are you gonna do?” Cried out Dallas’s son. “Kill us yourself?”

Last edited:
"Considering the fact you all have weapons pointed towards me, I just might," Esmeralda shouted back, no longer holding back the venom in her voice, "You guys are obviously grieving and are looking for someone to blame, and according to the conversation we just had you intend that person to me. So yes, I could kill you, or you all could drop your weapons and slowly walk out of this barn before I make you."

She stared the crowd down with an intimidating look on her face, praying that she could scare them into submission.

::::::

Last edited:
A tense silence filled the air as the two opposing forces faced one another. The village people were already scared, yet their fear was what had driven them to such desperate measures. Now they faced a new threat and even this single foe appeared more than they could handle. "We could not fight a magic-user." said one of the men forlorn. That fear was the tipping point for some as they backed away. For Dallas's son however, his fear turned to rage. Armed with naught but a dagger the boy lunged at the girl knife in the head as he aimed for her gut. He would tear her apart as his father's head been. Or die trying.

Esmeralda saw Dallas coming from a mile away, he was the son of a farmer, not a knight. Moving quickly to the side, Esmeralda tripped the boy and disintegrated her weapons. Catching the boy in her arms, Esmeralda clutched him close to bosom as he burst into tears muttering angry words at her. Cradling him, Esmeralda began to whisper soothing words into his ear.

"It's okay that you're angry Dallas," Esmeralda muttered quietly, "I lost my mother to war as well when I was your age. I was confused and angry, but there are things we can do. I want to help Pineshrew rebuild itself and that starts with making peace with the people of Pineshrew. Can you help me with that Dallas."

Dallas was lost. His attempt to kill Esmeralda had failed and no one else had tried to help him. He contemplated what the point was anymore. He dropped the dagger and sobbed for a while. He ended up clinging to Esmeralda as he poured out his sorrows. "Why did we have to lose this much?"
The other townspeople lowered their weapons and shook their heads. They were all weary.
"We are willing to come back to Pineshrew with you, we have nowhere else to go. But we need protection. Can you offer that to us?"

"I wasn't well equipped to protect you then," Esmeralda replied, "But now I'm able to. Things will get better, I swear by it."

Hoisting the boy up onto her shoulders Esmeralda walked out of the barn, feeling better about herself.

"Let's go home."

And they walked off into the sunset.

Argos was impatient. This impatience was not a new feeling. It had lingered with him for many years now. It was his desire to defeat Vestoko and to change the rule of the world. As he sat on the throne of the former Pineshrew he tapped at the armrest with the ruined building around him. He watched from here the workings of his dark kingdom. His army pillaged and burned the surrounding areas for their supplies. He gathered more creatures as often as he could. Even with all that he had before him, he could not strike yet. Vestoko was not a simple man to slay. His magic would need to Rival the kings. He slammed the armrest and cursed at the sky. It could not be soon enough. Yet Esmeralda brought a promise of progress. She could help him secure a human army large enough to bolster his own forces so they could move against Vestoko. Then he and Esmeralda and Baile could strike down the king. After that, he would surely have to slay Baile. Esmeralda however had a partial contract with him. Their shared power could be used together if he could get the girl to cooperate.

Argos snorted suddenly as a new scent on the wind caught his nose. He stood from his throne and walked to where he could see the walls of the castle. A small group of humans approached the gate. He snorted and began making his way down to see what was happening. Several guards came to his side as he beckoned them along the way. Stray humans could at least feed his men.

However, as he laid eyes on the group his gut was only met with Disappointment. Baile had beaten him here and Esmeralda was with the humans. "Baile!" He shouted. "What is the meaning of this? I told you I do not want any more humans here." He gripped at his ax readying to strike. Baile lifted a hand. "You have slain enough humans. These are survivors of your onslaught. However, I alone do not make claim to them. Esmeralda brought them."

Argos stepped forward and drew close to Emseralda. "Explain yourself. What do you plan to do with these people?"

The villagers who came with Esmeralda were of course afraid to see the one who wrought destruction to their home, yet they stood behind the girl as though she could be stalwart enough to stop the Minotaur.

"The people you refer to which such distaste are the army we will be bringing with us to meet King Baroque," Esmeralda replied sternly, "Having more humans in your army may cause the King to become even more sympathetic to your cause. Your army currently seems very anti-human and given Baroque's track record that won't go over well. They, with a few day's training, could be quite formidable after all, beside Argos, didn't you say I could go wherever I wanted. If I hear any word of anyone in this camp harming these people in any way I will take them and go, and you will get to try and kill the King with only half your power."

Argos growled first at Baile then at Esmeralda. HIs hand clenched into a fist as he kistened to her reasoning for bringing people here. His desire for subjugation of humans was absolute. Yet even with the power he had and the forces arrayed before him he still needed a larger army. “You think you can make them warriors? You think they can be of use?”
Baile cut in now. He kept his usual tone even and his demeanor calm. “ Yes Argos we are going to keep these people and I will train them and you will arm and Armor them. They will come with us to Barouque’s kingdom. It will better ensure us getting Baroque’s assistance if he see’s you can work with people.”

Argos stomped over to Baile and towered over the man. “We will speak more of this later.” He began stomping away.
“Argos. You are forgetting something.”
Argos whirled about. “What now?”
“Ensure the safety of these people. It has to be by your word still.”
A long breath fell from the Minotaur. He turned to one of his guards. “Tell my commanders that the new humans are not to be harmed. See they have provisions provided.” Argos walked away without another word.

Baile turned to Esmeralda and nodded. “ I do not look forward to my future conversation with him. However. You have done very well bringing these people back here. Here I can at least keep them safe.” He began gathering his people calling each by name or at least the family title he knew them by. “One more thing Esmeralda, Selena was looking for you. You may want to find her.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back