• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Knights of Lore (arc one: The cult of Kul)

DarknessSama17

A star can't shine without darkness
Queen Ahmeal sat at the desk in her office that sat inside Cilkian University. One of the four academies to train those with the potential to be Knights. As queen it she was also overseer of Laviria's academy. It was her job to run the school fairly, dish out punishment and groom these young men and women into knights for Humanity.

However, the people standing in front of her were not students. The Sun Knight Geoffrey Northcott. Beside him stood Lennon Eastbourne and Iris Eloclipes. Two holy knights and a Divine Knight. Lennon being of the latter. Being queen meant not only looking after greenhorns but tasking certain knights with secret missions. Well her job was a little more complicated than that. Being queen gave her a lot of responsibilities.

"Rumor says a cult sprung up in the ruins of Nyleol city." She stated bluntly leaning forward on her desk. The matter at hand being urgent. She watched her companions with serious eyes. "Clearly you see where I'm going with this. We'd just received word via beaten outcast?"

"A cult? Near the Wildlands? That doesn't sound good. Do you think that could be the reason for their silence?" Iris said. Not taking long to put two and two together.

Queen Ahmeal rose from her throne like chair and moved to star out the two tall glass windows that over saw the school's outside sparring area. "A several days ago, the kingdom of Lirheim communications went down and we hadn't received word from their baron, Sir Hyron. I sent a large convey of Knights with a generator four days ago and haven't heard anything since."

"I'll bet they're after that legendary beast that roams the wild lands." Lennon stated. "What kind a cult could tame a legendary beast? Why would they need that kind of power?"

"For whatever reason I'm sure their up to no good." Ahmeal said. "I've got a really bad feeling about this so I'm sending you three to the kingdom of Nyleol to investigate. Whatever the situation send word asap."

The three Knights bowed. "We'll take care of it my Lady. Leave it to use!" Geoffrey said with zeal.

The three turned to exit the large office that also acted as the Queen's throne room..

"Be careful out there." She told them as they exited the double doors.

(So this will be the first arc. I do have an endgame for this part of the story. If you're just finding it don't worry! I'll add roles for you. If it comes down to PvP don't kill each other early on. Come up with a way for the loser to survive but be as realistic as as possible. Unless you want your character to die or it'll fit the story will their be DEATH! I'll be controlling the monsters and NPCs for some battles. Any questions, comments or CONCERNS pm me!)

Knights of Lore
Fantasy - Knights of Lore cs

Last edited:
"卄͘乇̛ㄥ͠卩 ͝ㄒ͡卄̶乇爪.̨.."
"̸͂ͥͦ̈͑ͦ̎̆ͮ̌̚卄̵̶͐ͤͮ̒̇̓乇ͭͤ̈̓ͭͫ́͊͆ͮ͏̸̧̧̡ㄥ̶̨ͯ͌ͨ̿͐̊͑͋̍̑͆ͣͭ̋͢卩̶̡̢͂̔͒̃ͧ͂ͥͭͮ͛̉̐ͥͫͫ͒̀ ̸̷̧̑͆̄͆ͧ̀ㄒ̸̌ͨ̃͗͊ͪͥͫ͂͂͗̃͠͞卄̵̧̒̇̑̊̋̊̔͛̈́̃̍ͣ͋ͯͦͩ̚͢͝͞乇̢̡̉̌̀͌͑ͪ̐̚爪̄͒̓ͤ͑̅̑̃͐̔ͩͧ̒͗̔ͭ҉҉̷͏.̷̵ͣ͐́ͯ͒͋ͥ̽̇͐ͨͭ͜.̵̴̡͆̔͑̿̽̽ͯ̌ͦ́̒̿ͩͤ͞͝.̨͆ͯ̽͐ͦͩ̇҉̨"̵̂͒̂́ͫ͌͛͐̋ͫ͂̍̊ͫ͞

ㄒ̰卄̮̰̙̕乇͈͕̱ ͓̦͉͟ͅ ̶̖ ҉̗̘̞͎͚千̡̞̝̝̰̱卂̱͉̦̺̟͞ㄥ̰̩̟͓͠ㄥ̼͈乇̻几 ͍̰̩̹́ ͔͚̱ ̵̻̥̯̖̮̗͓匚̟͘ͅ卂̗̮̪͓͙卩͇̟͕̹̖丨̻ㄒ̠̖̳卂̧̻͕̱̙̣͖͕ㄥ̡̩̮̻̳̙̜
ㄒ卄乇 千卂ㄥㄥ乇几 匚卂卩丨ㄒ卂ㄥ
ㄒ卄̢̍̎乇ͩ̽͒̽̾ͧ ͭͨͮͧ̈́ͤ ̧ͣͦ̔̌ͨ̚ ̚千̨̉͛卂̸̾͛ㄥͬ̚ㄥ̢̐̈̑̾̉̽̌乇͂̋̏̃̋̊̉͜几̴ ̎҉ ͌ͮͣ ̆ͥͬ̌̒͌͐͘匚͊̊卂̛ͫͫ̎̓卩ͧ͑͂ͥ丨ㄒ̢̉̐̎̾̂̌͐卂͑͒́ㄥ̸ͤͫ

(??? ?????? ???????)

From high atop the hill that held the once-proud Capital City's Temple, a strange, otherworldly fog began to thicken around a lone, Unmarked Grave. From inside the fog, one would almost be able to detect movement.

Finally, the fog began to dissipate as quickly as it came... and there, standing where it once was, was a Human man, clad in strange garments, and wielding even stranger weapons... a wrench, a shotgun, and a large, thick Hiking Bag.

His clothing was primarily dark colors, with a black vest over a light blue button-up shirt, a pair of dark blue pants made of denim, a pair of dark brown boots fit for hiking, a pair of black leather gloves, a dark gray scarf around his neck, and a black and gray headpiece that protruded at the front, in a thin, visor-like shape.

• JasonWalker.png
    He opened his dark, bluish-green eyes, and scanned the area around him carefully.

To his relief, nobody was around the area at the time. Over in the distance, however, there was a little bit of life going on in the dilapidated-looking town. The temple that stood near him seemed old, likely abandoned for many years... centuries, perhaps, though who's to say how quickly things aged in this world?

"Great... another world to figure out..." the man said quietly to himself.

Quickly stretching his arms out and yawning, he rubbed his eyes and began making his way towards the town.

"Who knows? Maybe this place has a decent place inside it, or something..." he added, only to stop near the front gate, which was already torn apart, and lying across the ground.

From the looks of it, the town wasn't completely abandoned, as a very slim amount of people were seen either walking or shambling their ways across the roads. Everyone seemed to be under a very heavy state of depression, with many of the men even wearing odd, white masks over their faces.

What's worse, the town wasn't in much better shape than the people. Several fallen buildings, burnt homes and shops, and places with makeshift work on the walls were the most common sight. Not a single home, however, looked safe to live in.

"Well, then... guess I've got my work cut out for me, after all... damn. For a second there, I thought I'd get to relax for once... on the bright side, at least I don't have to look far on where The Fog needs me to go." he deduced with a sigh.

He could already tell that, by the attire everyone was wearing, he was definitely going to need some money. His phone, his modified Bank Cards, and his Cash would, without question, be useless at this place.

What's worse, it seemed that a bunch of the locals weren't exactly dressed in Modern Clothing, meaning he would likely stick out like a sore thumb, and be less likely to blend into a crowd... no, he would have to be more careful with his approach.

And so, he began to make his way over towards the area that looked the closest to an inn. If there was anywhere that he could at least gather information from, it would be there... that is, if it wasn't abandoned, already.

As he walked there, he kept an open eye and ear around his surroundings. Any conversations would be cut short as the inhabitants saw the unfamiliar face walking down their streets.

Some of them looked worriedly at him, while others would turn to whisper something in their neighbors' ears.

Already, the "Stranger" didn't like the feeling this place gave him...

The three Knights sat in the in the part of the aircraft. The two engines humming softly as the craft soared across the desert lands of Remyn. It wouldn't be long now before the pilot landed near the kingdom of Nyleol. Once their the three of them would start their investigation. Iris hoped the inhabitants were okay.

Taking her mind of that, she turned to her to companions for this mission. Sir Geoffrey and Lennon Eastborne. Iris had worked with Geoffrey on two prior occasions. Once in the battle against a few of Dracula's royal guards. Another time when they were task with exploring a dangerous under ground dungeon said to be left by past civilizations.

Lennon was a Divine Knight she hadn't been acquainted with until several hours ago. She had heard of the other woman though. They called her The Ice Phoenix. She slightly intrigued Iris so the holy knight figured she'd use this time to learn about her comrade.

She opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted when an alarm blared and a light began flashing red.

"We've got incoming!" Said the pilot. "Multiple Leostri heading straight for us!"

The man in the white mask had found The Stranger oddly dressed. His clothing did not match the clothing of the inhabitants of Nyleol. That in itself was a dead give away. The Stranger needed to be watched.

The man in the mask trailed the Stranger to an inn. He sat at table where two more men wearing white mask sat. He gestured to The Stranger. His accomplishes turning to see the man wearing off clothing. An outsider for sure. They all agreed to watch The Stranger for now. If he proved to be trouble they'd have his head.

Justin93Daniels Justin93Daniels

Voltsung Voltsung

Kaera Kaera

As they sat waiting in the aircraft, Lennon took the chance to look around. She recognised both of her companions, despite never serving under either of them. Word spread fast amongst the Master Knights while she was one of them, which is where she heard of Geoffrey, except she had no clue that was his name until recently. In her time as a Master Knight, they knew of him as the Sun Knight. He was something of a role model for the men she was assigned with.

The woman, Iris Eloclipes, Lennon had seen occasionally but never spoken to. Her reputation proceeded her, however, and had always left the lower ranked knight in awe. It was said she had a second form that used her unique element. Star Titannia was the name the Lennon had been told when the woman had been described. Lennon took Iris as her own role model, aspiring to one day be as impressive.

After familiarising herself with her companions for the journey, Lennon began to go over the armour's she still had ready to switch. She kept a list in a pocket on the sheath for her sword. Usual armour, fire resistant armour, and durability enhanced armour. I really should have created more armours after my last job. A small sigh escaped her lips, trying to work out how she'd fill in the gaps. Not all of her armours had wings either. Of the ones she had crafted, her usual armour was the only ones with wings.

"We've got incoming!" the pilot informed them. "Multiple Leostri heading straight for us!" Lennon got up out of her seat.

"We should probably take care of them. Make sure the rest of the flight is smooth sailing." Her hand rested on the hilt of her sword, adjusting the position of the sheath.

• JasonWalker.png
    Instinctively, the Stranger was able to spot the masked figures staring at him. However, he decided not to pay them much mind... for all he knew, they were probably just Security keeping an eye on him.

However, in case they weren't, he would still keep a subtle eye and ear out... because for what it's worth, they could also be the ones causing the doom and gloom that surrounded the city.

He cleared his throat to hopefully get the Innkeeper's attention.

"Hey. Name's Jason Walker. I'm new in town, and couldn't help but notice that a bunch of the locals here seem... Idunno... a bit under the weather. Could you... possibly fill me in on what all's been going on around here to cause it, please?" he asked, hoping they could at least understand him, and more importantly, view him as the kind who's there to help. While it was true, the Fog would oftentimes translate the otherworldly languages and his own to seem like English, he couldn't say he trusted its powers completely.

"Agreed." Said Iris to Lennon. The woman pulled a lever that hung from the roof of the craft. It opened the rooftop. She then thought for moment. "It is strange. Leostri don't usually travel up this high."

She then shook her head. Clearing her mind and focusing on the task at hand. "See you up top." She told her two companions before jumping through the square gap of the roof. Her violet Mana exoskeleton flaring around her as she did so.

She landed on the roof of the air craft. The Leostri had nine in it's pack by Iris's count. She summoned a large sword made of a stardust. It's heat only as hot as lava. The blue blade seem to sparkle and shine. The Leostri closed in. They sailed for Iris. The woman warped. One moment vanishing. The next, she reappeared above the crowd of Leostri. The birds, confused as to where their target had gone. Iris dropped down. Spinning and twirling as she slashed through three of the creatures, leaving blue dust in here wake from slashing. She warped once again before hitting the craft roof. This time landing on the back of a leostrix. She stabbed straight through it then used the great strength given to her by the Mana exoskeleton to toss it. The feather beast slammed hard into another of it's kin.

Iris landed on the roof of the craft. Holding her sword with on hand without struggle. She could have finished them all alone but wanted to see what Lennon was made off.

The in keeper grunted as he cleaned out a mug. "Those men in the mask." He said not taking his eyes from his work. "They came in a few weeks ago. Things haven't been the same since."

The man picked up another mug and began cleaning that one. He raised an curious eyebrow. "Haven't seen your face before. Judging by you're attire I'll take it your not with those bastards. If I was you I'd get out of here while you can." The bartender added that last part looking into The Stranger's eyes seriously.

Kaera Kaera
Voltsung Voltsung

"Agreed." Said Iris to Lennon. The woman pulled a lever that hung from the roof of the craft. It opened the rooftop. She then thought for moment. "It is strange. Leostri don't usually travel up this high."

She then shook her head. Clearing her mind and focusing on the task at hand. "See you up top." She told her two companions before jumping through the square gap of the roof. Her violet Mana exoskeleton flaring around her as she did so.

She landed on the roof of the air craft. The Leostri had nine in it's pack by Iris's count. She summoned a large sword made of a stardust. It's heat only as hot as lava. The blue blade seem to sparkle and shine. The Leostri closed in. They sailed for Iris. The woman warped. One moment vanishing. The next, she reappeared above the crowd of Leostri. The birds, confused as to where their target had gone. Iris dropped down. Spinning and twirling as she slashed through three of the creatures, leaving blue dust in here wake from slashing. She warped once again before hitting the craft roof. This time landing on the back of a leostrix. She stabbed straight through it then used the great strength given to her by the Mana exoskeleton to toss it. The feather beast slammed hard into another of it's kin.

Iris landed on the roof of the craft. Holding her sword with on hand without struggle. She could have finished them all alone but wanted to see what Lennon was made off.

The in keeper grunted as he cleaned out a mug. "Those men in the mask." He said not taking his eyes from his work. "They came in a few weeks ago. Things haven't been the same since."

The man picked up another mug and began cleaning that one. He raised an curious eyebrow. "Haven't seen your face before. Judging by you're attire I'll take it your not with those bastards. If I was you I'd get out of here while you can." The bartender added that last part looking into The Stranger's eyes seriously.

Kaera Kaera
Voltsung Voltsung
  • JasonWalker.png
    <So, a group of troublemakers, then... guess I'll have to play it carefully. They might not even think I'm aware of them, but I know they're hiding something more behind those masks... they ain't mere pushovers.> he thought to himself, before shrugging his shoulders and gently placing his arms on top of the counter.

"Alright, then... what did they do, and who brought them here?" he quietly asked the Bartender, seemingly unfazed by the stern look he was giving him.

If anything, this man seemed mysterious... like an unreadable book with text that, without clarity, remained a mystery.

His gaze would be neutral and unyielding, as if he were either unsure of the danger posed by the masked figures around them, foolishly uncaring... or perhaps, even familiar with the situation at hand... like a wolf in sheep's clothing, merely observing the flock while they, in turn, keep wary eyes on him in response.

He kept his main focus on the masked figures, save for his eyes, which were looking towards the Bartender.

Then he casually tapped his fingers on the counter, while whispering at the Bartender. He would be whispering quietly, while using the tapping to mask his words from those away from the two, while his mouth would be tucked behind his scarf, to prevent his lips from being read, just for the extra security.

"And more importantly, do you need someone to take care of it for you?" he silently asked.

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17

(Just a thought, but would you like me to stat all of Lennon's armours as and when she makes them? I can add them onto her CS under armour tabs)

Lennon nodded at the woman, following her up through the gap in the roof. Pulling herself onto the roof, Lennon equipped her normal exoskeleton. Standing still in a defensive position, shield in front of her, she observed the movement and speed of the pack. When she had figured it out, the leostri following after Iris, Lennon released the wings on her exoskeleton.

A jump into the air put Lennon at the same height, if not slightly higher, than the leostri pack. She drew her sword, shield still in hand. Thanks to her wings, she was able to keep with the leostri. With the speed of her armour, Lennon directed herself towards the pack, swinging her sword down through one of the leostri. A screech from her right prompted her to raise her shield as a reflex, blocking an attack from the leostrix. With the birds claws attached to her shield, Lennon brought the shield round towards her right side and her sword through the centre of the beast.

After taking out the two leostri, there were only a few left to go. Parrying another wind attack with her shield, Lennon was blown backwards slightly. My wings won't keep me level much longer... Realising this, Lennon dropped back to the roof of the aircraft, folding her wings inside. This move let her dodge a swipe from one of the creatures. Back on the aircraft, Lennon closed her eyes and switched out her exoskeleton, a light blue glue enveloping her as it changed. Now wearing bulkier armour that almost resembled a tank in appearance, Lennon wasn't going to be knocked about by the wind attacks. Sure, the armour prevented her from moving as quickly, sacrificing speed for durability, but it allowed her to stand firm for longer.

Lennon raised her shield, planting her feet into the aircraft, as more wind attacks came their way. From behind her shield, she could just about see the remaining leostri. Using her sword as a focus, Lennon released a small barrage of sharp ice shards at the birds. The accuracy was a little off compared to normal, but another leostrix was injured by the attack. Her aim now was to just block attacks as she could, not having the speed to keep up with the leostri. She'd be able to strike down those that got in close proximity, but catching the ones further away was more difficult. Lennon had a plan. The defensive stance was to allow her to regain enough mana to give her ice element a moveable form.

Iris whistled. "Impressive!" She shouted to be heard over the engine of the aircraft. "To switch armor like that mid battle is a skill truly worthy of a Divine Knight."

Iris spun, then threw her large sword at a leostrix. The beast dodged. The brown skinned woman warped to her sword. She caught it before plummeting down and impaling her sword through the beast head.

She kicked the beast away before landing on the air craft. It was then that aircraft shook violently. An explanation could be heard. Iris turned to see one of the engines had been blown out. She spotted a leostrix flying top speed at the other.

"Brace yourselves!" Iris yelled yo her comrades.

The beast slammed hard into the second engine. The aircraft started falling. Slowly at first as the pilot tried his best to steer. Then it fell with great speed towards the earth.

Iris cursed. This was their ride home.

The bartender eyed the stranger as he spoke. "Word is they're after the legendary beast that roam the Wild Lands not for from here. Our humble village is nothing but an Outpost now."

He then liften a curious eyebrow when the stranger asked to take care of them. "You don't look like any knight I've ever seen. I will repeat myself young man.", The man tossed his dish cloth over his shoulder and leaned in close. "Get out while you still can."

Just then the door to the inn flew open. Another man in a white mask appeared in the door way. His breathing was heavy as if he had just finished running.

He scanned the interior until his eyes landed on the men who were watching The stranger. "Lady Marylyn has spotted Intruders nearby!" He said after catching his breath. "Master Larius has called half of us to arms! They have a Holy Knight in their mists! Hurry!"

The three men previously watching The stranger immediately picked up their arms and rushed out the inn with their comrade. One could see more men in white joining them as they went to their second in command.

Kaera Kaera (yes please.)

Feeling smug at the praise cause Lennon to let her guard down briefly. It wasn't until the first engine blew that she realised her guard was down. Cursing under her breath, Lennon switched armour back to her usual exoskeleton. If only I had put the wings on my durable armour this time... She sighed and took off at a run. It was too late for her to save the second engine. "Is everyone okay?!" Lennon found herself yelling over the roar of the wind passing her by. Stupid. We're hurtling to the ground, of course not.

"Can you chase that one away?" Lennon called to Iris, meaning the Leostrix attacking their aircraft. "I'm about to do something hopelessly reckless." She offered a grin, before letting her wings loose. Lets just hope I've got the mana for this... She thought to herself. It was then that she took a jump off of the aircraft, hovering near it before closing her eyes and opening her arms towards the aircraft. It was falling faster now.

Curses. I gotta slow it down. Lennon thought, slipping under the aircraft and putting her arms above her in an attempt to slow it. That's not all she was doing. Eyes closed, and the strain of the weight evident on her face, Lennon hummed quietly to herself to distract from the pain. Her armour was pretty durable, sure, but that's not why she was under the aircraft. With the mana she had left, Lennon summoned ice in the form of the Phoenix. This. This is what she was known for, although it was a bit more intimidating on the battlefield. She just about had enough mana to give the phoenix the ability to fly. That was all she could do.

With the help of the phoenix, their descent slowed a little. Hopefully that bought the pilots time. Lennon huffed with a small smile, running out of strength to help. She slid out from under the aircraft and stayed alongside it as it fell. With virtually no mana left, Lennon was somehow able to sustain her exoskeleton as she landed back on the top of the aircraft. She was exhausted, and it was obvious.

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17 (I'll work on it now. Do you want pictures of the armour too, or does it not matter?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back