• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Knight x Witch (Metal/Hilda 1x1)

Shibbie

The Charmer
The village market place was still full of buzz, even coming late into the evening. Torches lit up the street in a dimmed light that seemed to put a glow on everything. There was a small breeze that left a chilling sensation on his arms as Tahvo strolled down the streets. His bag, filled with various food and other little things he had picked up from the market night. His path trailed to the side, where he sat on a bench that was pushed up against one of the local taverns. He pulled out his coin sack, and opened it up, dumping its contents. "Thirty five.. thirty six..." His voice trailed and he let out a small sigh. He wasn't sure if he would have enough money to get until the end of the month, when he would be able to pick up his next pay. "What a drag," He spouted, flipping a coin into the air. Catching the coin, Tahvo placed it back into the coin purse it belonged to and stood up.

A small bit of yelling spewed from the doorways of the tavern, and just as Tahvo leaned to open the door, a body came through. Shortly after another came, swinging a wild fist at the first man to tumble through. A small crowd of people spilled out of the tavern quickly thereafter, making a circle around the two fighting on the dirt ground in the center of the street. Tahvo took a step forward to intervene, but he was quickly stopped by a large man with a broad stature. "It's a personal dispute, let it go, Solider," the man said, in a commanding tone.

"Watch who you're talking to," Tahvo huffed, however he did nod his head in acknowledgment. The man turned back towards the fight, watching as the two finally finished fighting and stood up. The one who had clearly won went back inside the in, and shortly came out with two drinks handing one to the man he almost just beat half to death. "I really, really, don't understand this place sometimes," Tahvo stated, turning away from the tavern and back down the streets as the sound of alcohol fueled laughter filled the streets of the village.

Ellizabeth stepped out of her customer's house. She had been there to deliver the love potion he had bought the other day. In fact, he had bought way more love potions this months than any man should ever need, especially since one potion per person were usually enough. She didn't really like what he was doing, and normally she wouldn't sell anything to him at all. He was abusing the power, and he was absolutely using them for something fishy. But, he paid almost double the normal price, and she couldn't decline that offer no matter how badly she wanted to.

She pulled her hood over her head and started to walk down the steps. She could hear the door closing behind her. Almost instantly she saw the knight sitting on a bench outside of the tavern not far away. She became nervous, but soon she understood that he weren't there because of her at all. She turned left so that she could get a closer look, but she didn't have to walk for long before she saw what he was doing. He was counting his money. In the street. Wow. She didn't know if he was cocky or just stupid. One thing was for sure though; he was asking for it.

Ellie slowed down to keep some distance from him. She watched him pack up and then head to the cavern, only to get interupted by some kind of fight. She saw the opportunity and hurried to get in to the circle of people, pretending to cheer on the two fighters, but she was actually focusing on the knight. As soon as the short fight was finished she waited for him to turn around and walk away. She walked after him, and when she where close enough she reached out her hand and carefully but quickly snatched the sack from his belt and hid it in her own pocket. She started to walk faster, and she avoided looking at him when she passed him.

Tahvo's head was tilted back looking at the stars start to fill the sky. Pretty soon he'd be sent back to the Capitol for who-knows-what. His mind started to wander and no sooner after he felt somebody bump into him. He glanced to his side and saw a shrouded figure avoid his gaze. "Watch it," He commanded as she continued to pull ahead of him. He went back to looking towards the sky and went to reach his hands in his pockets. His mind continued to wander again but before long he realized something was missing on his belt. He stopped dead in his tracks reaching around his belt. "Where'd it go.." Tahvo questioned himself at the disappearance of his coin sack.

He looked around on the ground to search but saw nothing and quickly averted his gaze to the circle still outside the tavern. He started towards it, but remembered he hadn't felt anything that would knock it down or anybody reaching for it. His head snapped around at the figure from before, now pretty far away, moving much faster than before. He had an idea though, and started to run to catch up to her, but didn't confront her. He walked a few paces behind her, his eyes fixed on her every movement. Tahvo reached down to notch his sword, his sheath not attached to his belt. Remembering the sheath being left on his counter, he scolded himself for forgetting it. "Whoops."

Dammit. He was following her. Elizabeth tried to step up the pace even more, but he made sure that the distance between the two of them was constant. She could hear his steps behind hers, and feel his gaze. Her eyes desperately searched for an alleyway or somewhere she could turn to and try to lose him. She couldn't find anything. But...He didn't do anything? He was surely close enough to catch her, and he definitely would if he knew what she had done, soo...Maybe he didn't know? But why did he run up to her again then? She weren't going to give him his money back if that's what he thought. She hadn't had the opportunity to inspect her catch, but judging by the weight in her pocket it weren't even as much as she thought it would be. But she surely needed it more than some stupid knight anyways.

Elizabeth heard him speak behind her. Don'tsayanythingdon'tsayanything, she thought but she was fully aware of that she were going to do just that. "Whoops?" She asked the knight with a slightly mocking tone without either turning her head towards him or slowing down even the tiniest bit. Why did she have to say that? The only thing it could lead to was trouble. But she could manage a little trouble, in fact, it was probably trouble that she wanted.

Tahvo's steps were evenly paced with hers, making sure to keep a distance where he'd always have a look at where she was, without risk of a knife or sword being swung at him. He had no idea what this pickpocket was planning on doing, but he still thought best to be careful. Thinking about it, it wasn't a ton of money in the pouch anyways, however it was all he had. He didn't want to let some petty thief walk free, anyways. He heard her seemingly mock him and he grinned. This could be interesting. Yet he didn't say anything back yet. They were still in visible range of the tavern. Soon though they were in a completely empty street with nothing but a few torches illuminating the two of them, still moving down the street.

"Yes, whoops," he said, this time a bit louder. "It seems I've misplaced my coins." His voice was kind of teasing her in the same manner. She had it, he knew of it with that last remark. He looked around one last time, and started to slow down, almost preparing to run. "You wouldn't happen to know where it is, by any chance, would you? It would be a shame if i went hungry for no reason."

Elizabeth snorted at his teasing, but she couldn't hold back a smirk on her lips. She discreetly felt on the side of her pouch. Her dagger was there, she would be fine. Probably. She suddenly stopped and turned around, facing him. She were sick of playing follow the leader. She couldn't hide her slight smirk when she looked at him. He knew alright.

"Shame? Oh, I wouldn't exactly call it a shame..." She said playfully. "Everything happens for a reason, knight. And if I were you I wouldn't show off my gold in this part of town." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "No, actually, if I were you I wouldn't be here at all. Nighttime here could be dangerous for little soildiers like you. Haven't you heard that the streets here are full of thieves and scum? You don't want to get hurt, do you?" She pretended to talk to a small child, but there was also something threathening in her voice.

"And no, I haven't seen your coins." She didn't expect the lie to fool him at all.

Tahvo came to a halt when she did, still about 6 feet or so away from her. Even from the dim lighting he could see the smirk on her face, and he could tell this was a game. He didn't really know who she was and had never seen her before, so he decided to be a little careful with his next few moves. I could be in a risky situation, But who knows? This seems fun. I'll play your game, then. Tahvo raised his arm and put it behind his back, making it clear that he was doing so, trying to get her attention. He took a small knife that was on the back of his pants and started cutting a section of his shirt off behind his back. "Little soldiers huh," Tahvo laughed. "Such petty taunts make me laugh. Or was it a threat? I found it hard to tell."

He finally finished cutting a piece of his shirt off and held it tightly in his hand. His next move would be a weird one, he was forced with thinking on the spot since he'd forgotten his blade. "Well, I suppose you wouldn't have seen my coins. They're in a pouch after all," He jousted forward, quickly pulling his hand from behind his back and throwing the clothing up in to the air and then making a lunge towards the figure. I wonder if such a simple trick caught her off guard.

Ellie's eyes flickered unwillingly between his face and his arm behind his back for a moment. It were obviously a trick of getting her attention, so she tried to not focus on it, but at the same time she wanted to be ready if he pulled out a weapon. But his hand stayed there. "Maybe it was." Was all that she answered.

She opened her mouth to say something but was interupted by him throwing a piece of cloth up high in the air. Her eyes followed its way up for a moment before she realised that he were lunging towars her, probably trying to attack. She managed to jump out of his way right before it was to late, and she then instinctively froze on the spot and went invisible. She cursed in her head. Using her magic on an open street, in front of a knight even, was risky at best. She could usually only keep the spell up for about 14 seconds before she went visible again, and if she moved the spell would be broken immediately. She held it for as long as she could, hoping that the knight would be very confused and suprised when she reappeared. When the time was almost up she reached down and drew her knife. She pushed him into the wall and held the blade against his throat. "Whoops."

Tahvo frowned at his own trick failing, and he spun around to look for the woman, but she was gone. "Well, that's an interesting one." Tahvo didn't know much about magic, if that's what she was using, but he did know that it had its limits and if she was still there she couldn't stay there forever.

No sooner was his thought over that he was being pushed up against a wall with a knife to his throat. He managed to keep his footing though, having one leg in between the two of hers. "So, you call it risky for me to count my cash in the middle of the street, but you like to play with magic here?" Tahvo showed restraint though, not making any moves yet. "You do know what we're supposed to do if we catch a witch, right?" His eyes sharpened and a grin formed on his face staring his assailant in the eyes.

Elizabeth sneered. She hated that he was right. Using her magic like this would get her killed, but right then it had seemed like the best option. She quickly looked around to make sure that nobody had seen what had happened, and luckily the street were still empty except for the two of them. Killing the only witness would be easy, she could do it right now, but killing a knight wouldn't be a good idea either.

"Of course I know what you do, I'm not stupid!" She hissed at him. "And don't celebrate yet knight, you haven't caught me. Actually...It looks more like you're the one who's caught, doesn't it?" She said and added a bit more pressure towards his throat, just enough to make a tiny scratch. What should she do with him? He probably wouldn't be bribed, but she didn't want to give him anything anyways. Could she just run? Would she be able to outrun him?

Tahvo grinned giving a small chuckle to her last remark. "Dirty tricks, even for a witch, no?" She was right, he was caught. However he knew he had upper hand in any close range combat, and she didn't have any proper stance while having him pinned. "You know, you could have just given me my money back. Now I'm going to have to, well..." As his last word trailed, his used his foot that was in between her to swipe towards himself, knocking her off balance backwards. His arm shot up as she stumbled, grabbing her hand with the knife with a heavy grip.

Elizabeth barely even understood what had happened. She had seen him move his foot but it was way to late to try to avoid it, so she stumbled backwards to keep herself upright after that he had swiped her foot away. But right before she was able to get back into balance she felt him grabbing her hand. She looked up at him, but now more nervously than teasing. She quickly began to try to struggle to get him to let go of her hand, but he were obviously much stronger than her. She couldn't use her knife, she had to use both of her hands to create a flame so that wouldn't work either. She had some small bottles with potions in her bag, but none of them would be able to help her right now. She made an attempt to grab the knife with her other hand but it was hard to not cut herself. "Release me!" She shouted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back