• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Knight Ascends {DC}

Characters
Here
~Wayne Manor parlor, one and a half months ago...~

Bruce Wayne, at 20 years of age was slumped in an armchair after a spectacular failure of vigilantism. The window had been flung open and a trail of blood led from the ledge to where master Wayne currently sat. He'd applied what he'd learned during his time away from Gotham, yet still it was not enough.

He had attempted to 'rescue' a young girl from a pimp, only to have a rather agile and combative prostitute meet him in combat. Unknown to Bruce this woman had been Selina Kyle..and they would come to know one another quite well. Law enforcement had arrived, shot him and promptly tossed him in the backseat of a squad car.

It took everything he had to escape, make his way back to his own vehicle and drive to the manor here. Yet Mr. Wayne was still dying...and as he sat there bleeding...he began to think things over.

"How father? How can I make them afraid?" Bruce murmured deliriously to the marble bust of Thomas Wayne before him.

"If I ring the bell...Alfred will come and heal me...his medical training just another one of your gifts to me father. But I would rather die here, than wait any longer."

"I've already waited more than eighteen years....since all sense left my life." Bruce's mind flashed with the images that had been burned into his memory.

Until the day death embraces him, he will forever remember the man cornering the three of them in Crime Alley. The gun being waved in his father's face as Thomas pushed his son behind him.

BANG!

Thomas fell on his back, Martha screamed before the gunman hooked his gun under the pearl necklace around her neck.

Joe Chill pressed the gun against Martha's chin...and pulled the trigger. Martha Wayne...or what was left of her hit the pavement as pearls scattered down into the gutter.

Bruce's eyes widened as he was brought back from that horrid evening, a bat had flown in through the window and perched on Thomas Wayne's bust. "Yes...father...I shall become a bat..."

~Gotham City, Crime Alley. 9pm.~

Batman crouched on a rooftop observing a mugging not unlike the one stuck in his memory. A mother, father and young son were cornered in almost the exact spot of the Wayne murders.

Husband was already knocked out, wife and child were frightened and clinging to each other.

As the first of two thugs dug through the husband's wallet, the second thug reached for the wife's purse. "You better have something more than makeup in that bag!" The mugger waved the gun threateningly at the young boy.

A wire hooked around the gun wielder's arm and yanked him up, the gun clattered to the cement.

The first criminal whirled around to find his partner had gone and the mother and son were taking off down the alley.

"Where the hell...Mick!" The thug called out. No answer...until a horrified scream erupted and 'Mick' came flying down from the roof...slamming down onto the dumpster.

"Jesus...!" The thug rushed over to find the man crying like a baby...his legs were broken and one had a bone protruding from the knee.

A dark figure landed behind the distracted robber...screams were heard by those nearby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back