• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Knew we shoulda nuked it from orbit... (An AvP Story!)

ManofManyRoles

Fantasy and Sci-fi Enthusiast
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
LV-767, a colonial world with varying biomes under the jurisdiction of the United Americas and controlled by the Weyland-Yutani corporation. Officially a colonial planet for human colonization as well as R&D, it's a wonderful place to live and work...leas that's what the brochure says. When a colonial uprising from the settlers seemingly forces We-Yu off their own planet, it's up to the USCMC to get involved and quell it. No one's happy about it, but the suits have enough pull with Hi-Com to get them involved citing 'infiltration from the U.P.P on a planetary scale that could become widespread' was the cause of the rebellion. But when they arrive, they find the human settlements destroyed and not a single body to be found. All too soon will the Marine Force be stuck in the middle of what can only be described as a 'war'.

On one side, the Xenomorphs, a foe they are not unfamiliar with. And on another, a foe they do not know, bipedal humanoids in a small group with advanced technology and a hell of a temper. Yet another participant is We-Yu themselves seeking to gain control of the situation in a means that benefits them. And in the middle of this brawl are the USCMC, and more than a few aren't looking to this bug hunt.

----------

Hello there, thank you for reading this. After getting back into the Aliens verse (Partly due to getting into Aliens: Fireteam Elite), I've had an idea I cannot sit on. The premise is simple, featuring both horror and action/adventure in a somewhat equal measure. The hope is to get a small chunk of people together with interest in this story, and see where it takes us. Will the Marines be victorious? Will they make allies of an unlikely nature, or will be the only one's leaving this hell hole? That's for us to decide! A few things.

1. Please try to post once every 3-4 days at the very least. This should be more than enough time factoring in work, school, and life obligations.
2. I will make a Discord for OOC once we have a group for this.
3. Acceptable races to play as are human (obviously), or even Yautja/Predator (this is something I'll have to clear one on one and elaborate on).
3b. The USCMC has a variety of allies at its disposal. Be they human, the newly legalized combat synthetic, mercenaries that have been hired to assist...or even the untrusted 'lab rats' of xenomorph-human hybrids (think Ripley 8). You could even be a We-Yu PMC but relations are typically strained with the Marines, and none of them is your boss...that's the company you're thinking of.
4. The Marines have encountered xenomorphs before to the point they have training in regards to them as a threat. While Marines have encountered Yautja before it's all just 'urban legend', as no one can produce a body to study, let alone their tech...that is, if they come back alive at all.
5. I have a character cap of 2 characters per person.
6. When doing your posts, please try to produce at least a semi-paragraph (roughly 3-4 sentences).
7. The story will be starting at around the end of the first day of touchdown when things have gone from bad to worse.
8. If PvP happens, remember no bunnying, auto hits, or godmode. That is all.

Please keep in mind I'm not a lore expert, so the timeline and such may seem a bit weird to those of you who are.

Did someone say Yautja? Color me interested!
As someone who collected a fair amount of the Predator comics from the 90s, and had the complete Predator Vs. Alien WAR series, AND pretty much grew up with the movies on VHS, I know a fair bit about the Predator alien (and I'm no stranger to the xenomorphs, either). That last movie from 2018 should be nuked from orbit, though. Fucking TERRIBLE! I like to pretend it never happened.

Anyways, I digress. I'd like to
1) put in my chip for a role as one of the yautja characters, and
2) ask if it would at all be possible if I make MC a female. I know it's entirely lore breaking, but it's a request, nonetheless. Feel free to say no. I wont take it badly

Also, how big would the Yutja hunting party be? Something this large does not make me think it would be a solo thing. And typically, they do not really operate alone, anyway. It has happened, but not commonly.

Last edited:
Did someone say Yautja? Color me interested!
As someone who collected a fair amount of the Predator comics from the 90s, and had the complete Predator Vs. Alien WAR series, AND pretty much grew up with the movies on VHS, I know a fair bit about the Predator alien. That last movie from 2018 should be nuked from orbit, though. Fucking TERRIBLE! I like to pretend it never happened.

Anyways, I digress. I'd like to
1) put in my chip for a role as one of the yautja characters, and
2) ask if it would at all be possible if I make MC a female. I know it's entirely lore breaking, but it's a request, nonetheless. Feel free to say no. I wont take it badly

Also, how big would the Yutja hunting party be? Something this large does not make me think it would be a solo thing. And typically, they do not really operate alone, anyway. It has happened, but not commonly.
Hey there, thank you for the interest and the eagerness present! I'm happy to go over the possibly as playing a Yauja a bit more over notes or the likes.

Point 1 addressed, for point 2 I see no reason to say no. It's not entirely lore breaking, as there are instances of female warriors if I recall. As for the hunting party size, absolutely no bigger than 6. If I get enough people interested, I'll probably make a Yautja I've used a few times.

I totes forgot about Big Momma from the Deadliest of Species. So yeah, female hunters... definitely a thing. Just not at all common

Hello there! :D

I would love to give this RP a try, haven't dwelled all that much in the Alien/AvP stuff in the past but i've always enjoyed playing the videogames (even Colonial Marines, which was so bad that it destroyed my hard-drive).

I would be up for playing as a Marine if that's all good? Probably just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe. I'll have a little think on what profession I will want him to be and what-not.

I'm a Yautja fan, what can I say? Been reading the comics and playing games like Concrete Jungle, and the late 2000s AVP game. I'm down for any avaliable race.

I'm a Yautja fan, what can I say? Been reading the comics and playing games like Concrete Jungle, and the late 2000s AVP game. I'm down for any avaliable race.
In regards to this, I am fine with you having two characters, so there is wiggle room there. If you want to make a Yautja, please send me a note just so I can go over a few things in regards to that

I'm definitely interested!

I'm a longtime Aliens and Predator fan, and I'd love to play a Yautja clanmate in mudergurl's group if it's an option!

If needed, I can play a Marine as well as I've no trouble playing an underdog in a war like this one!

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

I'm definitely interested!

I'm a longtime Aliens and Predator fan, and I'd love to play a Yautja clanmate in mudergurl's group if it's an option!

If needed, I can play a Marine as well as I've no trouble playing an underdog in a war like this one!

Cheers!

~ GojiBean
You're more than welcome to do so, on both accounts! If you can play a marine as well, it'd be greatly appreciated. If you can send me a note, I can give a brief rundown of what I have in mind/would request for Yautja.

So I know this is a little preemptive, But I'm just gonna go ahead and drop some art claims for my character as well as a (lore friendly) name: Bha'kuti
I have a background in mind, but I'll work that out in detail once we get a CS template going.
andrzej-marszalek-shot-03-hex.jpg

andrzej-marszalek-shot-05-body.jpg

vitalii-smyk-predator-helmet-01sm.jpg

Thread made.

(Note to Murdergurl: If you want to give Silent Knife and Bha'kuti some personal history, hit me up and we can figure out how they know each other and how far their kinship as Clanmates goes!)
You have been hit up

Made a very quick edit to the character sheets, I neglected to attach 'rank'.
updated. But her background may be subject to further edits pending on what GojiBean GojiBean and I wind up discussing

I was going to get a discord server made since I prefer it for real time communication, but I can make an actual thread if y'all prefer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back