• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kings of Nadia

With a stable food supply and homes to live in it is best to prepare for the future. Stockpiling food, preserving seeds of all our crops, building walls for protection against storms and probably for defense if anyone else settles on the island and our peoples are exactly on good terms.

I'd like to dedicate a half a dozen farmers to studying these big horns to see if it is actual gold that their horns are made of or just something that looks like it, which is what I have been assuming.
If it turns out to be actual gold then we can profit from when our bighorns die by harvesting the horns and selling them to some one eventually. For now they would be put in a treasury until we have enough to distribute some wealth and jump start our own little economy.

(Sorry about being so slow, school and all that)

A small wall more of a palisade is built around your little village, really with no competition there aren't too many worries, your basically Spain in the 1500's

The bighorns do not like being studied and become very uh stabby when watched for too long, recently enough one of your settlers was killed by a herd of goats commanded by a bighorn, making the other farmers against the idea of further study.

Battle Report

Battle of Coret vs Goats of no faction.

Leader of Coret Army: A farmer by the name of Rodin leading himself

Leader of Goats: A bighorn named Goldie leading 50 other goats

1 death on Coret's side

(That battle report is worse than the Emu War of Australia)

The goat milk and meat makes keeping the bighorns a bigger priority than killing them but when one does eventually die we can study it's corpse.

I console the the surviving farmers personally and Rodin's next of kin. We should plan a funeral for our first dead to show everyone that they will be remembered respected when they eventually die regardless of the circumstances of your death or how you lived your life. The cemetary can be started just outside of town.

( I actually used to run a much sillier nation rp and due how random things were I agreed to make a battle report for anything that could be considered a battle, leads to fun stuff such as that)

The bighorns seem to prefer getting left alone

What will be the funeral be like, a large somber gathering with religious undertones, a small inner circle grieving on the dead or will you toss him on the mountain and wait for the birds to eat him?

This is a cultural question clearly so a funeral is whatever your people are used too (Read: whatever you think would be cool.)

I want the body to be buried and marked with a grave. The tone should be more celebratory of the man's life rather than somber. Everyone should feel encouraged to be happy and "communal?'
(closer to their community. I want my people to feel like a family regardless of how big we grow, to have culturally ingrained trust between each of my people.)
(Think Japanese celebration/memorium of their ancestors and how they encourage foreigners to participate as long as it is in the right way and they are happy when foreigners do)

(I sorta get what your getting at)

The village comes together to mourn the lost of Ronin a grave built slightly out of town, closer to the inland is made and people begin to speak of his achievements and memories of him from the old world and in Nadia.

Do you wish to say or do anything at this event?

The battle results said his name is Rodin. So that's what's on his gravestone.

"Like most of you, I did not get to know Rodin in our short time on this island. We have had our first death in this land, so to remind us that we are all temporary I declare these goats to be named Rodins."

(Ronin was a typo sorry)

The goats baa in agreement or disagreement, no one really knows due to a lack of translators.

The people seem pleased, and after a grand feast and funeral go back to their duties, Rodin will be missed.

(I honestly have no clue where to go from this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back