• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kingmaker

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Niko does his best to conceal the grin that is struggling to get out at the comments from the two of them, but wisely says nothing.

Gerak rubs his nose, grateful for once for the thick, green skin his father passed down. He can feel the warmth in his face, but he knows it won't show like it would on a human or elf. "Right. Conversation topics for the road will include 'things you can and cannot say about acquaintance's bodies.'" The half-orc may have a commanding personality, but his confidence fades when it comes to pretty people. And everyone here but the gnoll is pretty, dammit. He'd managed to forget it for a bit while he was in a planning state of mind, but then Gorgorigo opened his big toothy mouth and he's struggling to keep his eyes off the human's hair or the elf's hands (she's so gentle with her bird) or the aasimar's smirk or –

Focus. He closes his eyes, inhales slowly, exhales sharply. Work to do. Be professional. Be the leader they deserve. "Everyone's packed? Are the horses saddled up? I'm going to go purchase some provisions, and then we hit the road."

You set off. South by southwest. The morning is beautiful. The sun is low in the early morning, bathing the lush land in a deep gold. The sky is empty of clouds allowing you to see the last remnant of stars.

Before you, a sea of plains stretches to the horizon. Your horses look as living boats moving through golden water as the wild grasses and thistle reach their bellies and chests. It's hot and muggy, but the occasional cool breeze makes the trek bearable.

As the morning wears on, the plains seem to have no end. You see the occasional misplaced sapping or cactus, but nothing of interest.

By mid-morning, you crest a hill to see the forest edge ahead. It's a good distance still, but well within the a few minute's reach of your horses' pace.

When you reach the forest, you find a lush and dense wood. Pressing on, your horses pick their way through the forest floor.

Gerak, after some time in the woods, you caught off-guard as branch from a tree seemingly swings out of nowhere headed straight for your chest. Roll reflex DC 15, or be knocked off your horse for 2 damage.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- , Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Spiderheart Spiderheart , Wondertainment Wondertainment , Orikanyo Orikanyo

Niko pulls his horse up short, reaching for his crossbow as he searches for targets. "Ifrit! Do you see anything?"

Gorgorigo is to busy laughing at Gerak.

Gorgorgio's perception +1

For some reason, I am unable to open my post to edit it for a roll. I'm going to have to send word to the Admins about this.

EDIT It was apparently the web browser I was using. Obviously, I figured it out.

Last edited:
There is relative silence. The occasional bird chirp and chittering of some form of insect is all you hear. Leaves rustle in an unseen wind. Sunlight glistens through the canopy above.

Miren, Gerak, and Gerak’s eidolon see movement up in the trees above. There’s a flash of two colors through the branches heading deeper into the wood. They move tree to tree with ease.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- , Sherwood Sherwood , Psychie Psychie , Spiderheart Spiderheart , Wondertainment Wondertainment , Orikanyo Orikanyo

Niko glowers. "It is most likely a alarm trap, set to warn the bandits that someone is coming. Be on the alert."

Seeing the trap go off, Athaclenna quickly casts her Mage Armor spell to provide protection for herself.
Mage Armor in effect for 1 hour

Cantrips
Daze
Mage Hand
Ray of Frost

Level 1
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Sleep x2

Force Missile - 1d4+1, 8 / 8

"No." Gerak's attention is fixed on the movement in the trees. "Whatever set that trap off was here in person, and it's more nimble than any bandit I've ever heard of." He points in the direction of the departing colors. "Athaclenna – send your raven that way. Have it on the lookout for –" here, he names the unspecified colors he saw in the treetops. "Looks like they're staying below the treeline, but above the ground."

"That being said, I don't think those of us moving on foot could catch up with them – certainly not through all the underbrush. And as much as my ribs hurt –" not to mention his dignity – "I'm inclined to interpret that as mischief rather than malice. Besides, we're in the wrong place to run into the bandits. I'd be on the lookout for more swinging branches, but arrows are less likely."

Athaclenna nods once, then turns her attention to Riku. "Go and use your keen eyes to see what is out there. Just be careful!"

"Awk! Careful! Awk!" With that, the bird takes off and flies away to see what is out there.
Mage Armor in effect for 1 hour

Cantrips
Daze
Mage Hand
Ray of Frost

Level 1
Mage Armor
Magic Missile
Sleep x2

Force Missile - 1d4+1, 8 / 8

"...I worry not, no branch hurt Gorgorigo." he finally stopped laughing, for abit at least. "it either tree rat or something, pay no mind to branches."

With everyone on heightened alert, you all continue deeper into the forest. It's slow going as the horses pick their way through brush and tree roots. The forest canopy thickens narrowing shafts of sunlight to thin lances piercing a green armor. The air is thick with moister, trapped within the a prison of leaves and wood.

Another half-hour passes. All is quiet.

Gorgorigo, roll reflex, DC 15. If you fail, take 2 HP damage as a hive of bees is dropped on you. If you succeed, you deftly avoid it. Either way, tell me what you do when the bees are sprung.

Everyone seeing this, if you have it, roll knowledge nature, DC 15.

"Shit." Gorgorigo tried to get away, failing to get away from the sticky situation.

Ah yes the raven! Riku had flown ahead and circled. The bird’s keen senses had caught movement in the direction Athaclenna had directed, but then it was gone as if vanished.

Riku does not see anything before the bee hive is dropped. No strange colors or movement.

As the hive falls into Gorgorigo’s lap, Riku does spot movement through a hole in one of the trees. Some creatures seem to be hiding inside.

Meanwhile, the hive drops on Gorgorigo (2 damage from impact). Before he can react, a cloud of beee explode out of it. They’re hellbent on protecting the hive. They start swarming you all.

What do you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back