• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kingdoms of Iliest (Dungeon World) - IC

Achamian

"A free meal isn't dipping into your pocket, Lorne. I'll find a training dummy to keep you sharp." The dwarf chuckles, his heart not in it as his eyes bore holes into the back of Garren.

Who are you?

Panelophi

"Another withering night inside these false caverns that humans are so fond of. " Her face an image of personal angst and frustration, finally settles upon an expression of acceptance. "Is there by any chance a room without a roof or an open air edge I may use as a room for the night? Sleeping indoors makes me all mossy and let me tell you that it is not enjoyable to deal with any cave Dryad."

A slight bit of self deprecating humor could go a long way she supposed. There was still this odd sense of detachment from the group that she recognized and truly wanted to do something about.

Lorne

"Training with a hillman? I would never turn it down." He strokes his own bare chin. "Is it true, Akka, that a long braided beard is considered attractive in a highborn Dwarven lady?"

Dorian

"Is there by any chance a room without a roof or an open air edge I may use as a room for the night?

"I do believe there being tales of a central garden exposed to the elements within this castle on our journey here... Though I cannot account for the reliability of that information since the man who told me was incredibly drunk and under the impression that he was impressing a lady... " Dorian shrugged his shoulders stiffly under the weight of his cloak and mantle.
latest
“Is it true, Akka, that a long braided beard is considered attractive in a highborn Dwarven lady?”

"..."
rubbing at his bare chin mutely before he froze and swatted the hand down. "What is it with you folk and unkempt facial hair? Grow flowers, not furs! We're not beastfolk." he spoke a bit defensively which sounded harsh given his voice.

Last edited:
Panelophi

"I am in full support of this flower growing, though I will not be growing any sort of mossy coif just for the pleasure of a good laugh at my own expense."

Giving a little huff and puff in an expression of faux anger, she turns to face the elven magician. "It doesn't need to be any special garden, even a nice balcony would suit me well enough. As much as your bare flesh suits you, it's like a fresh sprout." The willowy Dryad stepping up to gently cup his hairless chin. "Free from the blemishes that come with growth, what a blessing you have amongst your kind"

Achamian

"There is no great honor, Lorne! It is said a woman who shorns her beard is a figure of tragedy and romance, especially if done in the name of love." Akka chuckles and watches the Dryad tease the elf. "Come now, elf, don't be so envious. We've gone to war several times over shorn beards in the past. Be not jealous! I'm sure there's fine moss to be glued to your cheeks."

Dorian

"Free from the blemishes that come with growth, what a blessing you have amongst your kind..."

"I assure you Pan... my blessings come with their fair share of thorns. While the matter of hair on my face is the least of my conc-" Dorian held and brought her hand down quickly. Her hand was the strangest of textures to describe. Like pulpy fruit or a highly coiled vine. While trying to make the defensive move seem less impolite, he was interrupted by the boisterous Akka. As much as the Elf enjoyed the jovial mortals presence and company it could be fairly grating when-

“Come now, elf, don't be so envious."
"As I said I'm not env-."

"Be not jealous! I'm sure there's fine moss to be glued to your cheeks.”
"...Can we please just be taken to our rooms ..." almost pleadingly to Lorne while backing away from the touchy dryad and the dwarf who looked like he'd enter into one of his laughing fits.

Last edited:
King Jorund holds up a hand, regretting he asked. "But a moment and Lord Garren will show you to your rooms."

He looks at you, Panelophi, and says, "Fair Lady, as our Elf friend had speculated, we do have a courtyard complete with a well-tended garden. It is open to the sun and sky. In all honesty, it is one of my favorite places in the caste. I go there often to clear my mind. If it'll suit you better, you may stay there instead. I will give word that you are to be given your privacy, as if it's your own guest room. I'll also say that the room I've prepared for you all does have its own balcony, as well. Which do you prefer, My Lady?"

Panelophi

"The Gardens would be marvelous actually. It will be a joy to see what they have to say about living in a palace, I can only imagine their attitudes. And If you spend enough time there, King Jorund, I half expect your garden to have a great deal to say about you personally."

It's a knowing look she gives, one strikingly akin to the sort of look a lady in waiting gave before unraveling all your secrets in court. It matches well with her body language, recoiling ever so slightly from her hand being pulled away. Her face pouts but she obliges and steps out of the elves personal space.

Lorne

He gives the Wizard a wry smile. "Someone seems to have taken an interest in you. Be careful of splinters." He glances back at the king. Lorne still mistrusts the man -- Nobles can be trusted to do what is good for Nobles, and if he needs someone to accuse... they would be excellent pet scapegoats.

Dorian

"Someone seems to have taken an interest in you. Be careful of splinters."

"Some of us don't make a habit of picking flowers in every town we visit, Lorne. And as for splinters ...unlike you... my tree is far from chafing"
he gave of a laugh of his own before following the flow of mana as he sensed their weapons being brought to them.

"Now if you'll all excuse me I need to attend another important piece of woodwork. It was a pleasure making your acquaintance, sire." He performed a slight bow like the one he did in the court but with more respect seeing their willingness to return their items.

The King looks to Lord Garren and says, "See that our guests are shown their rooms. Make sure they have all they need."

Lord Garren nods. "Yes, Sire." He turns to all of you. "If you'll please..."

He takes you out of the Council Chamber through the Castle to the doors out to the bailey. He puts his hand on the door and looks at the ground, eyes closed, chin trembling. "I'm sorry," he says.

He pushes through both double doors to the other side. Out in the bailey, in the afternoon gloom, a squad of pikeman await you. They're in formation standing rigid. Above them, on the parapets, a group of archers draw their arrows aimed at you.

Lord Garren stands to the side, head down.

Sergeant Rykken steps forward, helmet under his arm. "Outlaws of the Kingdom, you are hereby under arrest for the utter destruction of the College of Gashak. We prefer you come peacefully."

What do you do?

Last edited:
Achamian

The dwarf simply turns to look at Lord Garren. "There's a cold, cold plain beyond this world where you will live forever. And you will think upon this day until madness pulls you so far beyond reason you come back to it."

He looks the General. "Do what you will."

Dorian

"Outlaws of the Kingdom, you are hereby under arrest for the utter destruction of the College of Gashak. We prefer you come peacefully."

"Is that really the reason for this capture?"
he focused his mind like a blade of cold iron and quenched in his mana reserves. Rushing the man while one of his hands was still occupied and cutting off the chance for the other archers to nail him. Casting the spell he tore through the mental shields of the man who was announcing their crime and saw it for what it truly was along with details about their capture.

Roll(2d6)+1:
3,5,+1
Total:9

Is his mind strong enough to glimpse into the details of their capture as well as how much they know?

Last edited:
Panelophi

The Dryad bristles, her bark, leaves, and moss all flaring while she stood in place, shaking. It would appear to anyone she was simply fluffing herself up in a fit of futile rage. Her face and expression certainly gave that image.

What was actually happening was a release of thick spores wafting on through the entrance to the bailey, catching on the wind and flowing into noses and lungs.

Roll(2d6)-1:
3,6,-1
Total:8

Hallucinogens leave a brief bitter taste on the tongue before kicking in, the night sky alights, the stars shine beautifully, noises are tinted with music and the very walls of the castle seem to turn pink and soft.

It's all so beautiful, even as Panelophi unsheathes her claws and tries to grab the traitorous Garren by the neck.

For a long moment, the archers, the pikemen, and Lord Garren are enthralled. They stop and stare at you, unable to move.

It's an opening and you grab Lord Garren by his neck.

What is everyone else doing during this opening?

Last edited:
Lorne

"They think four people killed four hundred mages and torched a city. They can't be reasoned with." Lorne whispers the secret name of his blade and it appears in his hand, a curving, enchanted saber from the distant Ateliers of the Autarchy.

"Catch me if you want me to hang."

Lorne charges into the mass of pikemen, his blade whispering through the air as he slices through them.

Using A Weapon of Power I can summon my blade, and then hack and slash for an 8. Rolling damage at a 3.

Achamian

I need me weapons...

Nothing for it, then. The dwarf took a deep breath and strode around the Dryad clutching her prize. He would follow Lorne like the tail of a comet, only to break away and shatter the ground of their formation. Few knew the hidden shot-put talents of dwarves--very dangerous in short distances.

Achamian charges into the mass of archers and pikemen, tumbling foes, breaking their precious concentration, hurtling through to the other side with nary a mark on him.

Using Clearing a Path (2d6 + CON mod of 2) I'll charge through their lines with an 13! I get two options which will be 'the noise does not attract further danger' and 'you do not damage yourself or leave yourself open.'

The enthrallment is but a collection of moments: the wind's sigh through city streets. Yet, you seize it like pouncing pumas.

Lorne, magical blade in hand, you flash through the pikemen like lighting, striking and rending. Several of the fighting men are slain then and there.

Achamian, nearly the same moment, you smash the pikemen's ranks like a charging rhino, tossing men aside as if empty casks. You cross the yard and arrive at the stone wall opposite.

Panelophi, all the while, Lord Garren is in your grasp, limp like reaped wheat.

And then: the pikemen, the archers, Sergeant Rykken, and Lord Garren regain their wits.

The pikemen form a circle of spears and glistening armor, surrounding you, Lorne. They poke and prod, looking to provoke you into an opening for their skewers. Revenge burns inside them and patience runs thin. Several of them, no longer able to contain themselves, thrust their pikes at you in the center of their death circle.

Sergeant Rykken draws steel and charges you, Achamian. Overhead, the archers, leaning over the parapets, take aim with their arrows on taught bowstrings.

And Panelophi, Lord Garren struggles against your wooden grasp like a cornered dog separated from his pack. A deep fear clouds his eyes and he fights to speak. A thin whisper escapes his lips, lost among the clamor of battle. His skin becomes to color of a plum. A tortured hand searches for the hilt of the blade on his belt.

What do you all do?

Lorne

He has been surrounded by blades before. The spears of fools are not to be feared. His saber whips around him, slicing the heads from more than one spear -- then he grabs another, twisting it free of a garrison soldier's grip. He twists it round and then he takes a quick dash, and he's vaulting with the spear over their shoulders.

Defying danger with Dexterity. Get a 5.

Panelophi

Audibly cracking through the tips of her fingers come the razor edged claws hidden under a layer of bark. Like hardened thorns of a rose bush, her claws beg to be hooked into flesh and bone. A wish granted as Panelophi digs her grip into the Lord Garrens neck.

"You've betrayed us? For what? A momentary reprieve from the actions your people took in slaying a great oaken seal. You deserve this you weak being. You deserve to die for what you've done.

She grips tighter, letting her claws dig in further. "But I am not a weak fleshy thing like you" She suddenly releases him, letting his body tumble down to the ground. "Your punishment is knowing these deaths are of your doing and knowing you are traitorous filth. Nature shall forever abhor you."

Quite nearly galloping off in her haste to enter the fray proper, chasing after Akka on his path of destruction.

Dorian

"Is that really the reason for this capture?" he repeated, pitting will against will. Mental constructs fought silently even as things took a heated turn around them. Dorian drowned the noise out using his years of training in this aspect while the poor soldier had to deal with a new sensory threat unlike one he'd likely faced even as his body, trained to fight, most likely wished to rebel and fight off the only threats it knew how to deal with.

There were too many unknowns since this all began and he sure as hell wasn't going to be denied any true answers now!

"Give a few moments, friends." he spoke in a monotone despite the gravity of the request. Panelophi seemed ready to blow while Akka was already knee deep in combat. Their familiar mana surging like waves.

Roll(2d6)+1:
3,3,+1
Total:7

Is his mind strong enough to glimpse into the details of their capture as well as how much they know?

Achamian

"Come, Sergeant! I am unarmed. I'm sure that is to your liking in a foe." Akka spits, then calmly leans down stretch a beat.

In that moment, he launches forward in a dead-eyed lunge. A glint of metal slips from his sleeve--one of the guard's spearheads neatly shorn by Lorne's blades--and thrusts forward for the kill.

Hack 'n slash for this man.
1,5,+1
Total:7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back