• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kingdoms in Conflict OOC

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Jess Buck

HELLA QUEER
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is the Out of Character thread for the Kingdoms in Conflict roleplay. : )

Hey! I'm working on the character sheet for the prince's lover (still working on a name). My idea is he'll be a cook/server at the castle. Possibly having seen Bryson out gambling, and only realizing who he really was when he started working in the kitchens. Let me know if you guys think he should have a different role than "cook".

I'm also leaning more towards the Scela prince instead of the Rosaline's translator.

Jess Buck Jess Buck
Thanks! I thought Spencer as a middle name would make sense more than any other!

muffin muffin
That's a totally cute way for them to have met and properly met, sounds like a good plan :coolshades:

Who's the primary ruler of the Scela kingdom? The king or the queen?

Glad you both liked the cook idea ^_^ I had a few different ideas, but that's the one that stuck. Let me know if the chef/server style doesn't quite fit.

Next I'll work on the Scela Prince. How many siblings does he and Rosaline have?

muffin muffin
I hadn't thought of them having any other siblings aside from each other. If they did I would assume they'd be much younger than Rosie and her brother and therefore not able to come on the journey to Forella.

CherryTart CherryTart
What was the other character you were working on again?

Abendrot Abendrot
I love the Queen she is an icon. I also edited Anthony's Bio so it gives more information on how he feels about Carmella.

Last edited:
Jess Buck Jess Buck Hey again, it's me with more questions 😅 Is the plan for Rosie and Bryson to rule both kingdoms equally? Or are they meant to stay in Forella, and Rosie's sibling would rule Scela? Working on how Rosie's brother would have been brought up. And if there is anything I should tweak or just rewrite for Terrence let me know.

muffin muffin
The plan is for them to both rule equally. That would be the only way to keep them from fighting each other is if they were a unified kingdom.

muffin muffin
I hadn't thought of them having any other siblings aside from each other. If they did I would assume they'd be much younger than Rosie and her brother and therefore not able to come on the journey to Forella.

CherryTart CherryTart
What was the other character you were working on again?

Abendrot Abendrot
I love the Queen she is an icon. I also edited Anthony's Bio so it gives more information on how he feels about Carmella.

The queen of Scela, I've fallen behind a little bit due to having some work to finish but I should be able to get her sheet finished, finally, by late tonight or early tomorrow afternoon

EDIT: I'm also on board for cute, drama-free, natural falling in love. There will already be a lot of drama ahead, we don't need to make the backstory angsty too 😄

I might be getting ahead of myself since we don't have a full party yet, but I've had some ideas for Bryson and Terrence's background, and wanted to bounce ideas off with you CherryTart CherryTart . And also Abendrot Abendrot do you guys think Julius would know about Ter?

So I was thinking, they would have crossed paths a couple years ago at a bar/tavern Ter started working at. Maybe it was one Bryson already frequented. So they wouldn't have seen each other all the time, but it was enough for them to be interested. And Ter would find himself joining in the gambling circles more than he'd like if it was a night Bryson was out. Maybe they hooked up a couple times, or maybe not.

Either way, Terrence gets his job in the kitchens some months later. So they don't see each other again until they cross paths in the castle for some reason. And it's just a sort of "What are you doing here??" and "What, are you a nobleman? You're the prince???" (And if he'd seen Jules out in town, he'd recognize him too). And they end up becoming lovers, obviously, and over time they start to actually care about each other.

But I felt like they needed a push to realize their feelings, and one way for that to happen is they're separated for a time. Terrence gets a letter from his brother that their father had an accident, and his father wants him to come home to say their good-byes. But because of the distance it took a few weeks for the letter to reach him, and he's a mess thinking he's too late but he's going to leave as soon as possible. Wasn't sure how Bryson would react to that, or if he'd try to comfort him, or if they'd just both be kind of awkward. But Ter is gone for about a month, and when they see each other again they admit they really missed each other. And that's when it clicks that their feelings are more serious than they thought, and how they ended up where they are now struggling with the marriage. That idea's been floating around my head so I had to share, but I wasn't sure if it was too angsty with his dad's accident. (But his dad does end up being okay, and it actually helped the father-son relationship since he hasn't been 'home' since he left at 16).

And Jess Buck Jess Buck if we have trouble finding a couple more players, I could make one more character. For balance's sake, probably the translator or the king.

Last edited:
muffin muffin
Thank you for offering. That is something I'd like to ask everyone. If we aren't able to find anyone else who is interested, would everyone be okay playing one extra character? So we'd all have three characters. Abendrot Abendrot CherryTart CherryTart Thoughts?

muffin muffin I love the idea! I don't have much input, it seems positively splendid to me.

muffin muffin
Thank you for offering. That is something I'd like to ask everyone. If we aren't able to find anyone else who is interested, would everyone be okay playing one extra character? So we'd all have three characters. Abendrot Abendrot CherryTart CherryTart Thoughts?

Fine by me, I'm free now so I can easily pop out another one.

Jess Buck Jess Buck Thanks! If we go for three characters, I'll take the Princess' Lover. For now though, you should bump the interest thread again.

I love all the characters so far! I'm interested to see where this story goes!!

I've fallen into the food plating section of YouTube after imagining what Terrance would cook up..... Found a lot more than orange peels 😅 There better be some lavish feasts and/or dances in this story's future so I can use some of these ideas 🤣 I've seen some that could fit in the fantasy/medieval/renaissance type setting I think this takes place in.

muffin muffin Throwing that a like, I adore everyone’s characters so far.

This is a roleplay all about two royal families, I’m totally betting that Ter’s gonna get some chances to cater for massive balls/formals. Can’t wait to get into all the juicy drama, hopefully all the juicy food doesn’t make me too hungry XD.

Seriously, finding the food ideas on YouTube is worse than watching Food Network, everything looks so good 🤣

Oh God that sounds awful, watching anything with food is a sure-fire way to regret watching it. Even after a nice big meal where I’m left stuffed if I watch a show that has a scene with food I’m suddenly craving that food. Absolutely ridiculous these human brains, shaking my head lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back