• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Kingdom

Ok: This will be sign up thread. I will make a rp thread with that suggestion.

And Holy Roman Empire/Half Russia is biggest you can go.

Smallest country you can go is a single large city.

And cons are used to give weakness while gaining bonus points to buying. Good catch but I hate cheats. Especially if I my self did it.

Well you guys can add six more as cons add points. Keep points. Hell I plan my others to be 12 only.

The first was only to show a 18 max build. In the math and I will play it out.

Also fantasy China is cool. And the zealots thing is a recurring gag here now.

Am I understanding this right: When the countries are done players can add their characters?

Yes. First countries then actually characters. Thinking Monday to do the rp it out thread as I feel this better served as country making.

Along with questions and answers.

Kingdom of Jin

Positive traits

• super human
  • Beast Tamers
  • Essence Power (Called chi, not seen as a form of magic)
  • Bounty
  • Mineral Rich
  • Noble Empowerment (Nobles are simply naturally superior physically to the already superior citizens of the Jin Kingdom and are also trained from a young age in the use of chi and martial arts.)
  • Elites
  • Mighty Ancestors (worshipped as gods)
  • Piety
  • Beasts of Fantasy
  • Magic Artificers
  • National Treasure
  • Master Hands
  • Special Training (Ivory Guard, hand picked by the king from the most skilled, loyal, and veteran soldiers in the army, all of which are trained in the use of chi to increase their physical ability and durability as well as given enchanted arms and armor to create the most lethal fighting force in the nation)

Negative traits

• Monsters
  • Here Lies Dragons
  • Wicked Sea
  • Raging Hordes
  • Strange Wilderness
  • Civil War

The Kingdom of Jin, an ancient and proud kingdom covered in fields of wheat and other assorted foods with cattle dotted across its landscape. Its bounty seemingly endless and its people proud and hard working, to most it would seem to be heaven on earth. However, the barbarian clans that live in the forests to the northern border constantly build their strength, pushing outwards every few years to try and take what it not theirs. Luckily however, the people of Jin are also a martial people, many of the men practicing several martial arts, and a lucky minority that are trained in the art of chi. A powerful and ancient art that was created by the ancestor gods is seen as the apex of martial study and has forced a great deal of invaders from the lands. Ruled by the king and his vassal nobles, the king as seen as the reincarnation of the most powerful ancestors, meant to rule over the kingdom one lifetime at a time and as such he is charged with the protection of the realm. However only months ago, the king was challenged by one of his vassals, a man who proclaimed himself the Emerald Emperor, a pompous but powerful man with the aid of nearly a fourth of the kings lands, twisted against the king through the use of foul magics. It is for this reason, that the kingdom is currently in a state of civil war, with both sides consolidating their power before they march out to face each other.

Just gave a really fast run down to give an idea what Jin is like and a hint at its past, I'll definitely be adding more when I get free time, just wanted to get this up as soon as possible.

On another topic, how big do you think the big country modifier would actually make the country. Something more of like modern germany or are we talking the Holy Roman Empire, or Russia?

I'm basing all my town/tower/location names on German. Thanks for the help, Google Translate.

The Kingdom of Hautsberg

Map.jpg

Pros

1 Big country

2 Amazons

3 educated

4 masses 

5 mineral rich

6 tech boost 1

7 tech boost 2

8 tech boost 3

9 elites

10 rich

11 brilliant minds

12 master hands

Cons

1 weak mana field

2 superstitious

3 super racism (can it please only apply to my country so all non-hautsbergan residents get killed but diplomats and diplomacy works as normal (with a bit of racism))

4 rare magic

5 raging barbarians

6 pact spells

History[Approved by the Kaiserabteilungdesunreinen]:

The Germanic people of Hautsberg were weak in their early years. They had only despots to lead them and they were weak and divided. They suffered at the hands of non-humans that used to live in Hautsberg they could do little against them the non-humans had magic and metal things that the Hautsbergan people did not have. But then in a great meeting of all the tribes one chieftain spoke up "We should unite as we would be stronger together" most people agreed but the tribal shamans didn't like the idea because of "heritage" but it went along fine and they joined together and made the Völken state a small city state which had little power or resources but managed to get along fine but then the non-humans stepped up there attack breaking into Völkten and killing hundreds of people and once again the Hautsbergan people became nomads but one day a young warrior decided no more he killed the Chief of the Völkten refugees and said "I have killed your best warrior now I am your leader BOW TO ME" and they did. This young man was Hans von Bismarck and his bloodline would have great power. Hans decided to prepare for war everyone was either training, making weapons or researching technology. Eventually the Hautsbergan people found iron and found it stronger than the bronze the non-humans used and they spend days and nights tirelessly forging weapons out of iron. A month later they were ready they marched on Völkten (now renamed Ha'kesh) and took it by force there were 10,000 non-humans living in Ha'kesh at the time... there were no survivors. Hans von Bismarck died the day after from a poisonous arrow this reminded the people that they were not indestructible. Hans's son Hans the second led the Hautsbergan people to make the Kingdom of Hautsberg and he was King Hans II in this time they accelerated to the medieval level of technology but still they had no magic the Hautsbergan were very inept with magic and as such it wasn't employed in warfare.King Hans II made minor gains to Hautsberg by conquering  the island of Hafen and building the port city of Hafen des Königs. Hans II was succeeded by king Hans III the peaceable who made a treaty with the non-humans and they divided up the area between themselves and while the non-humans constantly fought about which type of non-human was better the Hautsbergans sat there quietly working on technology.

Hautsberg eventually developed gunpowder under King Hans XII who did not realize its potential. Eventually the non-humans stopped fighting their civil war and were ready to attack Hautsberg but when they had stopped they realized that Hautsberg had much higher developed technology it was then under this new leader

King Otto II conquered the non-humans and Hautsberg became the Free state of Hautsberg a nice little democratic state where humans and non-humans could live in peace and harmony but the state I am talking of is not the kingdom of Hautsberg because this is the part of the story where things turn dark the human community were growing angry they believed that Hautsberg belonged to the Hautsbergans not the non-humans and as such they elected Hamlin von Bismarck grandson of

king Otto II was elected elected as king. He began to start prosecuting non-humans like in one case in the kings court were he said non-humans were filth and a cat man who was a representative of the non-humans attacked Hamlin shot him with a pistol. But when a non-human revolt took place in a factory important to Hautsberg Hamlin got angry he decreed all non-human be exterminated and in death camps he achieved this goal all non-humans were sent to this camp none survived and Hautsberg became a dictatorship Hamlin decreed the creation of many new war machines such as the 

Metalltier tank and the Panzerwagen and then Hautsberg reached `today a highly racist genocidal war like people with high technology.

Hautsbergan technology

Guns

Geweher 51 rifle

220px-Automatgev%C3%A4r_m1941_Mauser_-_Tyskland_-_AM.045875.jpg

Standard infantry gun used by the KreigenTruppen

it is semi-automatic and can be loaded with different ammunition such as incendiary ammo and explosive ammo etc.   

Geweher 89 smg

150px-Suomi_M31_Torpin_Tykit_2.JPG

Infantry machine gun used by the KriegenTruppen and the elite SturmTruppen

fully automatic sub-machine gun that can also be loaded with different ammunition

Panzerfaust 16

150px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-671-7483-29,_Reichsgebiet,_Soldat_mit_Panzerabwehrwaffe.jpg

5 shot rocket launcher especially used to target armored enemies and buildings

multiple different rockets are available for specific targets

einstossflammenwerfer 3

100px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-299-1808-15A,_Nordfrankreich,_Soldat_mit_Flammenwerfer.jpg

A weapon of mass destruction used by the SturmTruppen

it has an extremely long range and is the bane of the wood elves

Vehicles

Metalltier mk5 tank

slow but steady the Metalltier can take massive amounts of punishment while dishing out plenty of damage with its 4 machine guns and 2 shell cannons

it can hold 10 people (standard issue) and can plow through almost anything

Panzerwagen 75

Scout vehicle used as a recon vehicle but can also be used as a cheaper substitute for the Metalltier

armed with 2 machine guns one light cannon

Focke-Wulf Ta 154 Moskito

300px-Focke-Wulf_Ta_154.jpg

Basic plane very common featuring 6 machine guns and 2 missile launchers

easy handling and many variants made

words

SturmTruppen-highly elite troops used by Hautsberg basically commandos

KreigenTruppen-ground forces 

Kaiserabteilungdesunreinen-Department of written texts

Big enough for you?

Very good. As at tech level 3 can have really old air planes ( steam punk. Either big plane or close to ww2.) along with tanks and such.

Nice work with the Guns.

Jin: I love it. Asians with chi who have ancestor Gods.

Monday folks the rp will start and our people can finally interact with one another.

Second country:

Name: Nation of Rosetira

Theme: Science themed scholars. With dark secrets and monster minions.

Picks:

Pros:

1: Magic Sensitive

2: Educated

3: Alchemy

4:Tech 1

5: Tech 2

6: Tech 3

7: Ether Tech

8: Beast Tamers

9: Beasts of Fantasy

10: Geno Makers

11: Master Hands

12: Evolution Control

Cons:

1: Baby snatchers

2: Low numbers

3: Monsters

4: Here be dragons

5: Hell Maw

6:  Pact Magic

Story: Rosetira is a land with a deep dark secret. A land of the Shapers. Human beings who studied science and magic at a cost. It was great. For a hole straight to Hell opened with demons in tow. To fight against the horrors they invested in flesh and steel. As well as weaponizing the wild life. Thus came the society of Dragoons. Creatures spawned in Genesis pods with human blood, and other things to spawn forth creatures to be the soldiers. Lead by master shapers. Whom with their familiars who unlocked magic potential to cast their spells.

The true power of shapers is shaping their own flesh and alchemy. Which rewrites science to their whim.

Lastly they gained the knowledge to merge magic with technology. To make artificial minds and souls. A legion is growing of fourteen tall automations that would render demonic flesh with ease.

Lastly they made magic stones to fuel devices to have quasi magic/ tech devices. And have flying machines akin to small flying boats. Of metal.

Hows that? And their baby abducting monsters because their birth rate is so low. The fastest way they figure to reproduce is snatch kids and covert them to shaper society. This. Makes them hated. Akin to bogey men of legend.

Very good. As at tech level 3 can have really old air planes ( steam punk. Either big plane or close to ww2.) along with tanks and such.

Nice work with the Guns.

Jin: I love it. Asians with chi who have ancestor Gods.

Monday folks the rp will start and our people can finally interact with one another.

Second country:

Name: Nation of Rosetira

Theme: Science themed scholars. With dark secrets and monster minions.

Picks:

Pros:

1: Magic Sensitive

2: Educated

3: Alchemy

4:Tech 1

5: Tech 2

6: Tech 3

7: Ether Tech

8: Beast Tamers

9: Beasts of Fantasy

10: Geno Makers

11: Master Hands

12: Evolution Control

Cons:

1: Baby snatchers

2: Low numbers

3: Monsters

4: Here be dragons

5: Hell Maw

6:  Pact Magic

Story: Rosetira is a land with a deep dark secret. A land of the Shapers. Human beings who studied science and magic at a cost. It was great. For a hole straight to Hell opened with demons in tow. To fight against the horrors they invested in flesh and steel. As well as weaponizing the wild life. Thus came the society of Dragoons. Creatures spawned in Genesis pods with human blood, and other things to spawn forth creatures to be the soldiers. Lead by master shapers. Whom with their familiars who unlocked magic potential to cast their spells.

The true power of shapers is shaping their own flesh and alchemy. Which rewrites science to their whim.

Lastly they gained the knowledge to merge magic with technology. To make artificial minds and souls. A legion is growing of fourteen tall automations that would render demonic flesh with ease.

Lastly they made magic stones to fuel devices to have quasi magic/ tech devices. And have flying machines akin to small flying boats. Of metal.

Hows that? And their baby abducting monsters because their birth rate is so low. The fastest way they figure to reproduce is snatch kids and covert them to shaper society. This. Makes them hated. Akin to bogey men of legend.

Alright

So, first question, what does this world look like, such as how many continents, how large, how much water, how much space between continents. I feel like this information is necessary so we know what stands between us and everybody else.

Second question, exactly how powerful is magic in this world? I mean I'd assume it would have to be ridiculous considering us players who don't have tech 3 would obviously be destroyed at a whim by those who do if it wasn't. Essentially this question is just, how the hell do people with tech 3 or more not just steam roll everybody else even if we do have monsters, dragons, magic, and enchanted arms and armor?

Everything compares to another. Magic and qi/chi is special as hell. A strong wizard with decent spell time can melt a tank or just blow it up.

Magic with ether tech/ master hands can have enchanted armor that can withstand gun fire to a degree.

Just no one can nuke a city out right. Even space tech.

The main world is 50 times bigger than our Earth. 60% water. Three moons as bonus worlds and alternative realities. Locations we will work on.

edit: oh and critters based on rank can match tech. Problem is getting them to stay tamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, in Discord you could make a chat for the main world and each of the moons and have an ooc thats much quicker to respond in. However, from what I've seen, most of the time you start an rp here and move it somewhere else, not everybody goes and the rp dies

So, are we going to be doing this on a weekly cycle that represents time in the rp where everybody gets one post to take actions as their nation like some nation builders or a post as you please rp?

Also, how do you intend for war to work?

I mean I'm down too so long as everybody else is willing to make that move. We'd just need to keep a thread here to post hour nations and to allow other people to join later.

/monthly_2016_11/5827f05171337_Map(2).thumb.jpg.9f18e43f9d997cc3b0655d0f1f34c148.jpg

So, big thanks to @player2 for making what would have been a pretty crappy map for my nation into something that I'd say looks pretty damn good.

As for wars: thinking the parties involve post and a vote in terms of who did it best via community. Or a ref sort of battle.

Victory in war is when one side completely defeats opponent in conquering land and people. If just land the people become nomads until reclaim land or dealt with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back