• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kingdom Of Carantania

Characters
Here

Kakyoin

Official Nugget tester
B006A00B-4B6F-41EE-B468-0E039DE95333.jpeg
Drunk Duck-
The Drunk Duck is a popular tavern right in the center of Carantania. The lower level is normally filling with drunks, and the high level is filled with rooms. Quests are posted here daily, they are either found at the board or is given out by The Handler.
BBFE558C-55D8-4CE5-B214-0E4136691827.jpeg

Last edited:
~Noi~
It was mid October in Carantania. The sky was slightly cloudy, but the sun was still shining down, peaking through the clouds. Noi was still lying in her bed with her eyes opened, thinking to herself. It had already been five years since it all happened, but she still remembers it like it was yesterday. Sleeping was still hard for her. How could she sleep peacefully if she could still hear the screams of her people? Noi heard a knock on her door, which made her slowly sit up, “Come in!” She called out, hearing the door opened.

One of her maids had came in and walked over to Noi’s bedside. “It’s time to get ready. I’ve already packed your things for you.” The maid told her in a soft voice.

Noi had nodded before slowly sliding out of bed, following her maid into the bathroom. She had lived in the castle for so long that she could find her way just about anywhere, even without her seismic senses. She undressed herself and got into the warm bath, plopping herself down. The maid had helped Noi get ready every day of her life. She had viewed her as more of a friend than someone who worked for her. After her bath, she had gotten dressed, but left her shoes off so she was still able to ‘see’ where she is. The maid handed Noi her baggage with a small sigh, “Are you sure you should be doing this? You could just send a group of loyal people to do it for you.”

Noi smiled at her kindly before shaking her head, “What kind of leader would I be if I just sent people to do all my dirty work? I promise, I’ll be safe.” She bowed her head at the maid before turning to her companion, Rosie. “Time to head out.” Noi called out before the small creature came running toward her, and handed her a leash. The leash was attached to Rosie’s bag to make it easier for Noi to negotiate. They walked out of the kingdom together, making their way towards The Drunk Duck.

~Freya~
Freya had already been up for hours, she was finishing up with one of her kills. She had been chasing that beast for days, and finally gotten to them. As always, she took her large blade and chopped the head right off of it. She picked up the head, smiling to herself. “Thank you for that wonderful battle.” She looked around for Lady before bending down, allowing her to climb onto her shoulder. Freya whistled to call her mount, which was just a large horse. One that was big enough to carry her body weight and the small things she normally carried around. She climbed onto her mount before making her way to the kingdom.

Freya had made it there after an hour or so, heading over to the Drunk Duck. She swiftly got off of her horse, tying it to a post and grabbing the head of the beast she had slayed. Fae walked into the tavern, making her way right towards the Handler to claim the money she was owed. She plopped the head down onto the table before crossing her arms. “There you are!”
“Impressive. I can always count on you being here, Freya. I wonder how many kills that makes that for you. Are you planning on picking up another?” The Handler asked as she pointed to the board behind her, then started to gather the gold she had owed Freya and put it into a small bag.

Freya shook her head, “I can’t. I already have something massive planned.” She turned to Lady and grabbed the note in her hand before showing it to the Handler. “I’m going on an adventure! Slaying dragons, saving princesses…. The queen herself was looking for people like me.” She chuckled before reaching her hand out, grabbing the bag. Freya bowed to the woman, “Thank you! I shall be seeing you around.” She made her way over to the bar before taking off her helmet. Fae looked around quickly, but didn’t see anyone who looked like the queen just yet.

Sana with a terrible headache. "Ugh....Why did I let those guys talk me into drinking last night." Luna, her familiar, was sitting on top of the night stand staring intently at Sana. Sana glanced at her. "I know I know your hungry just give me a minute." Luna let out a loud and annoying meow. "Hey! Not so loud." Sana said as pulled the covers over head. After about 5 mins she got up and got ready for the day.

Sana had been staying at this tavern and also working there. As long as she entertained some nights she get paid and a room. It was working out pretty well and normally staying up late and drinking wouldn't be a big deal but today she had to meet up for a job with a Queen no less. So showing up with a massive hangover probably wouldn't be a good look. After she was washed up and dress she headed down stairs and straight to the bar with Luna trailing behind her. She sat down and laid her head down on the bar. The bartender seeing her walked over smirking. "Haha that was some crazy party last night huh? I told you to stop while you were ahead." Sana lifted her head a little and gave him a glare. "You liar your one of the main ones that edged me on." The bartender laughed then glanced at Luna who now was sitting on top of the bar. "Should I get her the usual." Sana mumbled 'yeah' and put her head back down. The bartender left then came back with a small bowl of food and sat it in front of Luna. "Hey I can give you something for that hangover you know." The bartender said. "No way the that concoction of yours will just make me puke. I'll just sit here and get through it." The bartender crossed his arms. "Yeah but what about that job you were telling me about?" Sana lifted her head back up I'll be find just leave me be huh?" The bartender shrug and went over to serve someone else. Sana glanced around around the room to see if the queen had even arrived yet. After determining there was no queen around she put her head back down wishing she could just go back to bed.

Forvenbrand
The Elf brushed a few stray hairs out of his face as he took a seat by the roaring fire at the Drunk Duck. It was far too early for him to share or listen to stories or songs, but that didn't mean that he had to remain silent-- though he was relatively quiet in comparison to the general hubbub to be found at the Duck. He was humming to himself, vocal cords barely vibrating as the words to the tune flowed through his mind. The tune ebbed and flowed like the tide, washing back and forth like the waves. It was peaceful and calm in comparison to jovial voices in the Duck, almost happy, but just a tinge of mourning and sorrow law embedded in the fabric of the melody.

"Oi, Elf, quit yer whinin'!" a Minotaur grunted from nearby, mouth full of bloody chicken. "I ain't one ta listen ta yer fairy music at this time of th' day, it ain't right to be all Elf-y like that."

Forvenbrand looked up, a small smile etched upon his face. "You mean... moosic, do you not?"

"Aw, shut yer trap!" the bull bellowed. "Yer a menace, ya hear? Stop that mess."

"Twas merely a pun, my dear bovine! I was merely making a jest; I had no intentions of being taurine."

"Quit usin' them fancy words," the Minotaur replied. "Speak like normal folk, or I'll have yer pretty little skull as a trophy, ya hear?"

"I... er... hear." Forvenbrand's lip twitched just ever so slightly. "My name is Forvenbrand."

"I don't care," the Minotaur grunted.

I can tell, the Elf thought. You don't seem to think much, either... but surely that could be changed? "Did you hear about that quest led by the Queen? I'm here to join that."

"Can't ya leave a bull ta eat in peace, you bloody knife-eared brat?" the Minotaur snapped.

"Er... yes?'

"Then keep yer ears out o' my business, ya hear?"

"I... er... hear."

Clara Ravenwoods

The pink haired human is radiating with excitement as she gets out of the bed that she stayed the night in. It hasn't been that long since she left Falcon's shop and started her adventuring career which is why it was a huge surprise to Clara that a queen wants her for a job that isn't just making some fancy dress. "Sabrina are you as excited as I am for meeting with an actual queen?" The small black cat familiar laying next to the bag containing Clara's spell book lets out a lazy meow. Clara sighs as she then sends a decent amount of time getting herself prepared and making sure is looking her best for her upcoming meeting.

Sabrina doesn't follow Clara down, but that is no problem for Clara since she can just summon Sabrina to her if she needs her familiar for something. She glances around the tavern for looking for the queen and taking in all the strange fashions of the many inhabitants of the tavern for a few moments before realizing the Queen isn't here yet and then going to a random empty table to sit down. She did take note of another human woman with a cat that is wearing a really cute outfit and wonders to herself if she could make something like that and what fabrics should use to do it. To kill time as she waits she pulls out her spell book begins reviewing her spells while also peeking around every few seconds for when the Queen arrives. She doesn't want to risk accidently misfiring one of spells and embarrassing herself in front of the Queen in the future.

Azizi Abara (and Jayvyn)

Azizi opened his eyes. He had rented a room in the Drunk Duck for the night. The young (for an Elf) man sat up. This was important, the queen had called for him. It was about something important and if he were to guess, then this should be pretty serious. The Sharman remembered what happened that day. He remembered the deaths. He tried to heal as many as he could but...but it was no use, damn...this was a pain in the ass.

He quietly got up and got changed. His tribal like clothing seemed out of place, but it reminded him of home so he kept it on. Though over it he wore a large cream cloak that covered most of his small frame. Azizi gripped his staff, it was wooden with a slightly pointed metal tip. Slowly he moved out of his room. However when he did, a skull floated out of the pouch on his side.

"Hey buddy! How did you sleep?"

"Well...thank you Jayvyn." The spirit seemed to be in a good mood today. It's body, currently, seemed to be a human skull that floated around, with slmall blue energy lighting up it's eyesockets. Somehow it was still able to see. Something that to this day, amazed Azizi. The young elf and the skull spoke back and forth as they decended the stairs and headed towards the bar for some food, spotting Sana and sitting down next to her awkwardly.

Ugdar Barou wakes up in his room, and walks down the stairs, he looks around and everyone seems excited, he doesn't know that the queen is coming, so he yells "SHUT UP I'M TAKING A VACATION I HAVE TO DEAL WITH SCREAMING DEMONS EVERY WEEK I'M NOT IN THE MOOD FOR EXCITED YELLING! And anyways what is so exciting you all have to be so loud. The Orc pays for a beer and drinks the entire mug in under 30 seconds. "This is good beer don't ever change your recipe."

Ugdar looks around at all of the people and they don't even shut up, his Orcish side makes him want to get super angry, and he is super angry, but his Orc side wants him to kill everyone, but he doesn't, he had trained all his life to kill his Orcish side, he still has anger issues but he doesn't kill innocents, he wants to do the right thing. Ugdar sees Clara, and he hears her say the queen is going to meet here. "THE QUEEN IS MEETING HERE??? GREAT NOW I HAVE TO FIGHT THAT MONSTER KING! I guess I have nothing else to do right now so fine, when will the queen get here?"

(this roleplay is already fun, I get to play an Orc demon hunter with anger issues)

Clara Ravenwoods

Clara is jolted up a little in her seat and lowers her spell book when out of nowhere she heard a male voice yelling. She quickly spots the shirtless orc man that has been doing all of that yelling. She attempts to get back to her reading, but once again gets interrupted when the orc begins to yell in her direction after he overhears some random lady on the other side of Clara talking about the queen. Freaked out by all the random yelling Clara closes her book and makes a quick hand motion which causes Sabrina to magically disappear from the room was in and to appear on the table in front of her. Sabrina makes a quick glance around trying to figure out why she was summoned before she gets pulled into a hug by Clara. Clara simply ignores the orc's question that isn't sure the answer of hoping someone else will deal with this orc who she thinks is drunk and continues to hug her familiar.

Sana open her eyes and noticed a elf dressed in tribal clothes sitting next to her. He looked some what familiar as she was trying to remember her attention suddenly switched to the glowing skull. "Wow she was right..." Sana mumbled to herself. Sana then sat up and looked back at the elf then suddenly it hit her. "Oh I saw you check in yesterday that's why recognize you." She said suddenly speaking to the elf. "Were you around last night for the um..." Before she could finish her thought some orc starting yelling and it was going straight through her head. "Someone shut that damn orc up." She held her head with both hands. "It's way to early for this...." She looked at the bartender, who was talking to her earlier and called out to him. "Hey Jack...I'll take that...quick hangover fix." Jack smirk. "Sure thing." He left for a moment then came back with cup filled with blue liquid. "Here you go one hangover cure for the lovely lady." He sat the cup in front of her and before walking off said, "By the way the trick to not throwing up is drinking slowly." Sana watched him walk of glaring at him. "Now he tells me the jerk." She took a sip of the blue liquid and made a face at the terrible taste. "UGH....that's foul what does he even put in this?" Sana who had forgotten about the elf suddenly remember his presence. "Oh we were talking right?"

Luna had been ignoring Sana. She was most to embarrassed by her owner state at the moment. She glanced around the room and noticed another cat suddenly appear, clearly a familiar. Luna wasn't exactly fond of other cats but she could tolerate them though when it came to kittens she couldn't stand them finds them annoying. After determining this cat was not worth her attention she glanced around the rest of the tavern with judgment in her eyes.
DracotheStern DracotheStern (interacting)
GalacticWarlord GalacticWarlord (mentions)
Ilikepie Ilikepie (mentions)

Azizi turns to face the elvish woman and blinks. Yes...yes he had seen her before. They had checked in around the same time. While he might not known the silk wearing young lady, it was still nice to see a face that was at least familiar in one way or another. "Indeed. Indeed I was, just took to rest earlier then most last night." This tavern could get pretty wild sometimes so it was best to leave when one needed time to breath. He was about to say some more when he heard the loud orc burst in and he actually covered his ears a little and cursed before turning around briefly to speak to the other man.

"Please keep your voice down!"

The Sharman then turned back to Sana and rubbed his forehead. "Anyway yes we were talking, my name is Azizi, it's very nice to meet you." While the Elf was talking, the Skull floated around on it's own, getting strange looks from the bartender and other guests. It seemed to have noticed the cats. Familiars huh? The Skull, Jayvyn, was technically not a familiar but he could understand them a little bit. How cute.

It floated towards the other cat's owner and soon Clara could see a skull floating next to her. "Heya." a voice seemed to echo in her mind. "Is that Cat yours?"

animegirl20 animegirl20 (Interacting)

GalacticWarlord GalacticWarlord (Mentioned)

Ilikepie Ilikepie (Interacting)

~Freya~ (Mentioned: GalacticWarlord GalacticWarlord )

Freya softly sighed when the tavern started to fill up with more people, some more annoying than others. Nothing was worse than hearing that Orc yell, which made Lady jump. She haven’t even ordered anything to eat or drink yet! She had to be annoyed early in the morning on an empty stomach. Sure everyone had been speaking, and it might’ve been a bit loud, but screeching? The large woman stood up from her seat, “Have you lost your mind? Cause I’ll help you find it.” She called out to the Orc. It took everything in her to not yell back at him.

Freya wasn’t trying to get into any fights, but she certainly wasn’t worried about him doing anything to her. Her size did make her a bit cock when it came to fights, yet she never met anyone or anything she hasn’t been able to defeat before. She started to calm down when Lady jumped onto the table and softly meowed at her, probably telling her to calm down. Fae grumbled to herself as she plopped back down on her seat, waving down the bartender. “Can I get a Harpy Roast? Wait no….” She paused to think about it for a moment. “I’ll take the Meat Platter instead.” She smiled, giving him a thumbs up before he walked away. Freya looked around a bit, seeing a few cats, but none of them were a Felyne like Lady was.

Ugdar confronts Freya, breathing right at the back of her neck. "I am a demon hunter, trained since I was 13, fighting since I was 13, I have watched friends and comrades die, not so some little jerk could disrespect me. So if you think you can stand against the elite crusaders known as demon hunters, the one who is a orc, already known for their combat prowess, then you have another thing coming magic lady." He then saw one of the cats. "Oh hey there, here kitty." the cat climbed up his arm and sat on his shoulder. "Listen, I may be an Orc and I may have anger issues, but you have no idea the kind of abuse I went through to kill my murderous Orc side, and I don't regret killing that side of me, but it was extremely painful. So don't try and get me to bring back that side of me because you have no idea how hard it was to remove that side of me."

Kakyoin Kakyoin (interacting)

Clara Ravenwoods

Clara was surprised when she heard a voice start echoing in her head which is a clear sign of telepathic communication and then even more surprised when she spotted a skull covered in a blue magical flame floating right in front of her. She had never seen any mentions of something like this in the many books she has read about magic, but figuring out what this skull is not important at the moment since she still has a question to answer. She gently releases Sabrina from the hug and then places Sabrina on her lap and then begins to speak to the skull while ignoring how weird it might seem to other people.

"Well to the average person the answer would be yes she is my cat, but if you ask Sabrina she would likely say that I belong to her." Sabrina purrs approving at that last part. "In reality the familiar bond is a partnership where neither truly has ownership of the other. If you want to know more about that I can recommend a really interesting book on the subject and personally I consider Sabrina to be an amazing friend."

DracotheStern DracotheStern (interacting)

Marcus had awoken later than many others (as had become something of a habit for him), so he quickly got himself cleaned up in his room on the second floor and pulled on his boots before making his way to the stairs. As he arrived at the staircase he heard people chatting among themselves and one very angry patron of the tavern apparently shouting. Well, that just wouldn't do, now would it? Marcus swaggered his way downstairs and saw the angry patron, an orc because of course, getting in the face of a rather tall and muscular woman. He had no doubt the woman could fend for herself, but turning a blind eye to a man being verbally abusive to a woman just wasn't his style.

He approached the orc and got into the small space between him and his woman. "Now, now good sir, surely you're aware yelling at a woman in a tavern, no matter Amazonian in appearance she is, is bound to give people the wrong idea," he said to the orc.

"I'm sure you are a reasonable man...er orc underneath all that anger, that I'm sure is completely justified. So let's just sit down and relax and wait for her royal highness to show up, alright?" To emphasize his point he gave the orc his most winning smile and moved out from between the two massive people to sit down on the barstool on the other side of the Amazonian woman.

GalacticWarlord GalacticWarlord (interacting) Kakyoin Kakyoin (mentioned)

~Freya~ (Mentioned: GalacticWarlord GalacticWarlord ; Interacting: Flintstone Flintstone )

Lady was facing the strange man that her master was speaking to before, just trying to keep an eye out on him. She noticed him getting closer to her, but before she could notify Fae, he was already breathing down her neck. She started to back up, hissing at him.

Freya’s eyes widened when she felt someone breathing on her neck, which made her very uncomfortable. Out of everything he could’ve done, he decided to do that. She would’ve rather have him hit her than to breathe, what she viewed as his stank breath, on her neck. There was a couple of places on her body that has hated being messed with, and he just messed with one of her biggest spots. Fae had reached back her hand, she held onto the back of her seat with a death grip. She felt the wood snapping underneath her grip. She turned her head to face the Orc, but before she could even get up, another man had placed himself between them. Part of her was interested in what the man had to say, trying to talk reason into what seemed to be a brick wall.
It must’ve been the Orc’s lucky day. Freya would never harm anyone who was in the way, so she decided to just drop it… For now. She took a deep breath before letting go of her seat and turning her attack towards Lady, who still seemed terrified of the Orc. She opened her arms, allowing the poor little thing to run to her and cling onto her. Fae rubber her head softly before whispering to her, “You’re alright. You know I can handle anything.” She cooed, trying to calm her down. She turned her head slightly to look at the man who sat besides her.

“You know… You didn’t have to do that, but I appreciate it anyway. It’s hard to be ladylike when idiots come around to bother everyone they see.” Freya sighed before noticing the bartender coming back out with the food she had just order. Seeing all the food on the plate made her calm down pretty quickly.

~Noi~

Noi had been making her way to the tavern with Rosie as an extra guide. Sure, she could’ve probably maybe it there by herself, but it was a bit hard to pick up vibrations of everything and non moving items were a pain in her ass. Noi was almost to the tavern when she suddenly stopped. Weird vibrations were seeming to come directly from the tavern. She walked up to the door, takes off her glove and placed her bare hand on the door. Perhaps things would settle down itself. Why did she have to stop it? She wasn’t here to babysit a bunch of oversized children.

Noi sighed softly as she gently swung the door opened, walking in with Rosie by her side. She was wearing her armor, just without her boots, so it was a bit hard to recognize her. She honestly wouldn’t have been that surprised if nobody recognized her at all, even without her gear. Noi didn’t feel like much of anything, let alone a queen. She didn’t feel ready to be one, nor did she feel like she earned it. How could she be a queen when her people still lived in fear every day of their live? That’s why she felt the need to go and do this. Who else was going to?
Noi decided to keep to herself for a moment to obverse everyone there, until she either reveals herself or is found out. She kept her helmet on and walked over to an empty table, sitting herself down. She knew a waitress would more than likely swing by.

If he were being honest with himself Justice probably should’ve ignored that tip about the bandits. He figured he’d have all of yesterday to get that taken care of but he’d never been the best when it came to directions and he also wasn’t used to tracking in wild country. One nasty ambush later and a quick wash in a stream the kitsune was walking through a city street absentmindedly whistling while looking around at his surroundings and he was pretty sure he was late.

According to memory he was supposed to meet the queen at some sort of tavern named the drunk goose, or no… Drunk Duck. Justice had no idea why he was supposed to do this, he didn’t think he deserved the attention but he’d answer the call if he was needed.

He stopped whistling as he spotted what he believed to be his destination and by the sounds in his sensitive ears he could pick up quite a bit of noise in there, so it seemed to be quite the popular destination. The door was still swinging as someone else had gone in and so he hurried a bit and grabbed the still open door before slinking in with a quick excuse me to the pair of women that’d come in before him.

After a quick look around Justice decided that this bar was probably full of other folks that’d gotten called on, at least that’s what it looked like due to the colorful crew inside. He moved over to the bar and spoke a quick word to the bartender. “Mug of water please” Justice asked the bartender who gave him a bit of a lookover before tossing him the drink he’d asked for.

Justice gave a nod before tossing a coin for the mug before going to find a seat to have a drink and wait for the queen to appear, assuming she wasn’t already inside.
Kakyoin Kakyoin (mentioned).

Last edited:
Adrianna had been walking in circles for what seemed like forever. Stopping on the brick road, she encountered a massive blue dragon. The fairy was dazzled and in love with the beauty of the blue dragon. Adrianna would have liked to think that this dragon was a water spirit that had come to guide her to her goal. The celestial dragon opened its mouth and, in the most obnoxious, loud unbearing voice, screamed, "THE QUEEN IS MEETING HERE???"
Huh? Adrianna was sucked into a vortex of confusion, causing her to hit rock bottom with a loud thump. Opening her eyes, she found herself lying on the floor. It took her a moment to realize what had just happened.

Laughing at her dumbfounded self, she untangled herself from the covers. It was good that she had made her journey to the tavern the night before since she had woken up this late, which was quite unusual for her. Adrianna was a morning person wanting to become a knight. She would wake up before most to train. All that hard work, and she never made it. Brushing her hair, she made sure to untangle it gently. Adrianna put it up in a high ponytail to control it. After checking out herself in the mirror to make sure her ponytail was nothing other than perfect, she began adding a bit of powder to her face to conceal her freckles; she was finally ready.
She noticed the number of people in the tavern coming down the stairs—it's way too obvious to know who would be on this quest. It seems that Adrianna was hooked on analyzing who was going to be on this quest.

She missed a step down the stairs. Missing one step took her down three steps hitting the floor. Adrianna didn't spend a second on the hard wooden floor and quickly picked herself up. She walked over to the bar, slumping herself on the stool, motioning for the bartender who walked over to her. He gave her a friendly smile before saying, "You took quite a tumble...you alright?"

Adrianna put up a thumbs up stiffly, "
I will be once I get some alcohol." Alcholol always made things better, although Adrianna had to be careful how much she consumed because she tended to forget herself when drinking.

The bartender nodded, "What do you want?"

Adrianna heard the door to the tavern open as another man walked in with white hair. Turning back to the bartender, she shrugged, "
Um...Something strong."
Arching his brows, the bartender looked like he knew what that was. Nodding his head, he walked off. This gave Adrianna more time to sightsee around the tavern.
Mentioned: Yahhah

"Azizi? Nice to meetcha. I'm Sana and sorry I'm usually much better company I'm just out of it this morning." She continue to sip her drink and while trying her best not to gag. She looked back to Azizi and looked up and down noticing his attire again. Now that she was thinking about it what was someone like him doing here? "Not to be rude but we don't usually see um your type." She said referring to the way he was dressed. "What's someone like you doing here?" Sana looked at her glass and then downed the rest of her drink. She breathed in deeply and then relaxed. Well she definitely felt better she was still a little tired but all in all she felt back to normal. She looked back at Azizi.
DracotheStern DracotheStern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back