• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy -King or Kingpin?- A HIGH Fantasy Narcotics Story.

Snackofthefuture

A lil Woozy right now
Roleplay Availability
Andreasrocha; A place to deal drugs.jpg
Hoping for a better tomorrow

As you walk through the throng of the crowd towards your favorite inn, a figure rushes past knocking you to the ground. As you curse and lift yourself from the wet cobblestones, several blue clad guards rush past. Frustrated, you check your pockets for your meager amount of possessions before realizing a note has been slipped onto your person.

"The year is 1245 A.E. (After Empire) and the world is shattered. Hundreds of small and large countries vie and struggle for dominance in the ruins of the once great nation. The civil war that shattered the land and it's people is long over, but its effects will be felt for hundreds of years still. Misery and pain are abundant and for many it is a time of strife and poverty.

But it doesn't have to be that way for you my friend. The misery that consumes the world is something that can be fought, something that can be beaten. And the thing that defeats that misery my friend, well, it makes a helluva lotta money. So on behalf of my associates within the Black Wing Medicinal Acquisitions Company (BWMA) I would like to extend an invitation to join our illustrious unit in pursuit of the little, shall we say, refreshments(?) that make life worth living for so many of us gutter scum.

And yes, I know, don't think I haven't heard what those rats in the Glarehold city guard say about us and our business. The bastards call us dealers, traffickers, murderers even! Irresponsible and uncaring of the effects of our actions. But they are hypocites I say, happy to enforce these rules on the downtrodden while the upper class figures out best how to profit from the Madrug innovation! If we're that bad then they're even worse, going about enforcing their will on those who cannot defend themselves, telling us we can't do what we want with our own bodies. But they'll get whats coming to them one day, and you can be apart of giving them their just desserts.

If you want to be wealthy, or perhaps even just employed, come to the Glarehold 14th district north-side bridge on Sanday the 14th. Further sermons and info await the worthy and the intelligent."

"And Remember, If you don't take this oppurtunity, then someone else will."
  • The theme for the RP is that our characters shall live in a fairly open-ended fantasy world with many continents and magics and species and all that jazz.
  • Your character must be humanoid to an extent that puts you on the same level as pretty much any other humanoid character. The world will definitely have all kinds of non-humanoid creatures about but they will mostly be targets thanks to the fourth bullet of this section.
  • Power levels of your characters will be around a relatively normal threshold, so no blowing up villages and setting the countryside ablaze all by yourself unless you are a magic user which will come with its own drawbacks.

• Now for the important part. In video game RPGs and in fantasy tv shows and such, slaying monsters usually drops loot, potions or medicinal pieces or whatever jazz that can be used in an equipment kind of style. IN THIS WORLD monsters do not drop weapons or armor or potions but instead often have certain organs or body parts that through careful sorcery and al-chemical knowledge can be converted, crushed and purified into incredibly expensive narcotics.
  • These narcotics are often wanted not only for their incredible highs, but also for the abilities they grant the user.
  • These Narcotics are known as "Madrugs" and have been recently outlawed in a sweeping gesture in order for the upper class to get their hands and coin as deeply entrenched in the trade as possible.

• So the gist of this story is that you will create a fairly normal fantasy character that is in one way or another involved in the underground drug trade. Whether you are the police kicking down doors with batons, ice magic and rudimentary firearms, the criminal peons moving the weight armed to the teeth with swords, pyrotechnics and necromancers or just one of the unlucky former adventurers who found themselves addicted to crushed fairy bones trying to defend themselves from being mugged or locked up using their knives, crossbows and barely functioning light magic.
  • In terms of setting the world will be a very medieval fantasy up to 1700-1800s world in terms of technology so firearms and the beginnings of mass production exist, medicine has advanced to a better but not great extent, still wholly reliant on magic. In all honesty most things are still reliant on magic; But as the story develops you will see that other aspects of the world via fusion of magic and tech have advanced to a level past that of even the 21st century.
  • Of course you're not really limited to any of those above mentioned options, they are just examples, you could also be a drug lord trying to consolidate power in the underbelly of the city or a simple middle class citizen tired of the constant undead uprisings, police overreach and murders around the block, taking up his old battleaxe to right some wrongs. Maybe even an outsider from the countryside so utterly psychologically scrambled from eating the poor mushroom folk of the underdark regions below that they have come to the city in order to see if the flesh of other living beings give them the high they so desperately crave in abundance now. I imagine most people will be Hunter-Dealers (HDs) however, which are the drug addict adventurers who go out into those dark places with creatures bearing the weight of potential immense profits. HDs go out and find these creatures and slay them, harvest their goods and walk away still tripping balls.

• If you need more Lore I will be posting it soon in the Main thread.
  • If you would like to contribute to lore or help run the RP, just let me know, after you have proven yourself invested in the RP.
  • This is a fairly open ended fantasy type RP so if you have an idea you think might be too crazy just come to me and Ill let you know what I think and what we can do to make your concept fit.

I'm gonna be honest I am going to be picky about who can join as I want players who can write in a proper and grammatically correct manner as well as be fairly dedicated.
Basically that just means:
  1. Be Considerate.
  2. 2 to 3 paragraph minimum responses
  3. We need to be able to understand your writing, doesnt matter if its bland, it just needs to be coherent.
I've run an RP or two before, one for almost 2 years so I have the knowledge to get this off the ground if you guys work with me.
What I need in coming here, is to create an enjoyable RP with plenty of violence, edgy, adult but also mature themes, romance, comedy and intricate writing in order to push myself to crank out more art of both the visual and literary format. This will most definitely contain a lot of the aforementioned adult themes.

If I can get up to 3 good authors genuinely interested I will create a Discord as well as start crafting the links needed for starting this dang thing up.

Here is the CS Link:

Last edited:
Hey, this seems like a great idea! Gotta say that the whole drug giving players superpowers idea seem like a cool concept.

I ain't gonna pretend like I'm Shakespeare reincarnate, but I know how to write a few lines that some have claimed to be legible. Mark me down for a spot if your still looking.

I'm interested in the idea, but how am I going to work with the drug dealer players if I'm an officer, for example? I'm pretty new to RP, but not to writing...

Hey, this seems like a great idea! Gotta say that the whole drug giving players superpowers idea seem like a cool concept.

I ain't gonna pretend like I'm Shakespeare reincarnate, but I know how to write a few lines that some have claimed to be legible. Mark me down for a spot if your still looking.
Welcome aboard lol glad to have you

I'm interested in the idea, but how am I going to work with the drug dealer players if I'm an officer, for example? I'm pretty new to RP, but not to writing...
Good question, personally I was thinking there would be npc type groups that cops and criminals can collaborate against (Glarehold is pretty big having about 15 districts with about 5 sections each; with cop/criminal units for each) as well as having special events that force cops and criminals into pvp and pve scenarios. Im also hoping to get enough people in the RP that cops and criminals will always have individuals to interact with; im definitely going to be making characters of both occupations.

Hey, this sounds pretty interesting!

If you're still after people, I'd play whatever character will fit in with the current mix of players, but some ideas that come to mind:

-A cracked doctor/medical researcher. Once highly respected in his field, an accident left him badly injured... a head injury that has healed, but he's not quite himself any more (though whether it's the injury itself or the medicines he was given to treat it that have caused his erratic behaviour is uncertain). He lost his medical licence, but that hasn't stopped him from practicing medicine...

-A low level drug dealer with dreams of making it big and becoming a real businesswoman. So far, the stuff she's cooking up has more side effects than actual effects though...

-Right hand gal of a great drug kingpin or other leader within the slums. She's loyal, she's sly, she loves getting high, hahaha

If your setting allows it, I would be interested in playing a character that sort of sits in between the law and everyone else:
-an inquisitor/witch hunter (but think more like a wizard cop/investigator type character, not a zealot trying to burn everyone at the stake or whatever). They'd need to be endorsed by the state but their organisation is semi-independent. Thus, their mandate is purely "make sure magic isn't being used harmfully/illegally". So unless it's being used to commit magical crimes, drug law enforcers is not their jurisdiction... so sometimes this character is helping the law, sometimes they're helping the dealers, but they will always be helping the people.

Absolutely happy to work with the gm and other players to adapt any of these characters to fit the setting or fill a niche. 😁

Last edited:
Hey, this sounds pretty interesting!

If you're still after people, I'd play whatever character will fit in with the current mix of players, but some ideas that come to mind:

-A cracked doctor/medical researcher. Once highly respected in his field, an accident left him badly injured... a head injury that has healed, but he's not quite himself any more (though whether it's the injury itself or the medicines he was given to treat it that have caused his erratic behaviour is uncertain). He lost his medical licence, but that hasn't stopped him from practicing medicine...

-A low level drug dealer with dreams of making it big and becoming a real businesswoman. So far, the stuff she's cooking up has more side effects than actual effects though...

-Right hand gal of a great drug kingpin or other leader within the slums. She's loyal, she's sly, she loves getting high, hahaha

If your setting allows it, I would be interested in playing a character that sort of sits in between the law and everyone else:
-an inquisitor/witch hunter (but think more like a wizard cop invest type character, not a zealot trying to burn every at the stake or whatever). They'd need to be endorsed by the state but their organisation is semi-independent. Thus, their mandate is purely "make sure magic isn't being used harmfully/illegally". So unless it's being used to commit magical crimes, drug law enforcers is not their jurisdiction... so sometimes this character is helping the law, sometimes they're helping the dealers, but they will always be helping the people.

Absolutely happy to work with the gm and other players to adapt any of these characters to fit the setting or fill a niche. 😁
Sorry man, but as far as I can tell this thread is pretty much dead. We got as far as the OC crafting phase then it fizzled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back