• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy King After King

Siren77

Bored Ancient
[NOTE: This roleplay is based off of the song Below called ‘King After King’ by Avatar! It’s lyrics provide the basis for which the story will be built off of! Please give it a listen to show the artist some love, it’s a fantastic song from a great album! The fully lyrics will be provided as well!]

The last spoken will of a warrior King:
"Bury me next to my soldiers
Set my horse free and let people sing
Of their son with the world on his shoulders.

Then look to the mountains
I left my grave wide open."
Eyes fixed on the mountains
"I was buried at dusk, at dawn I'll return."

Here it comes
Death undone
King after King

From this tomb we shall build you a throne
In your name we shall sing
Light your torch, let the flames lead you home
Long live the King!

The heart of a King can be measured in dreams
Reaching the sleep of his people
A whisper of ghost saying we'll be redeemed
From our sins he will build us a castle

One day we'll be stronger
We will ride right beside you
Until we are stronger
We put stone upon stone, await your return!

Long live the King!

The longing for sun and a heartbreak undone
Breaking the back of false idols
Bring our King home, for among us are none
Who is worthy to be his disciple

Out there in the wasteland, there's something coming for us
A call from the wasteland:
He was buried at dusk, at dawn he returns

Here it comes
Death undone
King after King

Long live the King!
.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.—.

Long ago, in a land long forgotten by time and reality, there was The King. A chosen prophet of the Gods, who protected and served his Kingdom as a warrior among his own soldiers. The land in which he protected and ruled, Örn, was a holy land in which the gods had made as a safe haven for the children of men that they might be kept safe by the many evils and horrors in the world. Kungen Hashima, The King, comes from a long line of these Prophets sworn to protect the land and fulfill the Gods will as it is spoken to them. But this past lineage matters not, for The King was the only one that mattered in these times.

Ever since his time of taking the crown, The King blessed the land with bounties of wealth and cultivation. He did sow the lands once unfruitful with multitudes crops so the people would harvest and eat without so much as a single starving soul, carved into the mountains to collect precious ores that their armies might be strong, constructed alters and temples that the Gods would be ever near to his people, and contested the many evils that’s plagued the unknown lands outside his control.

The Void Entity, a master of shadow and craftsmanship of all things opposing to the Gods will, was the one to create such abominations to destroy The Kings people. While nothing more than a legend as no mortal had ever seen this unholy amalgamation with their own eyes, the Gods constantly warned of its coming and the many evils it would bring with it. Despite the lack of faith in some of his subjects, The King obeyed his Gods commands to the last syllable, never doubting them or second guess their plans.

While others scoffed at the idea of eliminating the hungry and poor, The King blessed the marshlands and brought forth food. When all perils seemed hopeless with the mere aid of wood and stone, The King dove into the Earths surface to bring forth fine metals and jewels. Even when his very people doubted the Gods and demanded The King himself be removed from his position of authority, he continued to build and create new places of worship that they might find forgiveness and enlightenment. There also came the times when even the strongest of tools, and toughest of soldiers proved ineffective against the Swarms of the Void’s creatures, plagues, and famines, where The King did call upon the Heavens for its unending light to cast out even the darkest shadows from their midst. Where trouble and strife did come, so too did The Kings glory.

The people praised him for being the sole strand of fiber that kept the Kingdom from collapse and the ever dreaded Apocalypse. Statues were erected, Legends were told, and Silent Songs were sung to small children of the one man who would protect them and provide progress to the lands. However, none are immune to the ever present grasp of death, be it from old age or simply the perfect monsters created by The Void. In The King’s case, both were the cause for his fall.

Demons, horrific visages of lost souls enraptured by The Void’s tantalizing power. These monsters were raised from the very dead that once Hailed the King and Praised the Gods. Not just Kungen Hashima, but the entire bloodline of prophets of old. Millions formed one unfathomable swarm that did overrun the land and sought out The Kings life. Villages were wiped from the face of the earth, more souls were taken and turned against The King they once loved, and the panic of the people brought tears from the Heavens. But The King in all his glory stood firm, and did meet the foes in combat in a fight for the fate of the realm. His Armies fought valiantly, even unto the point that victory seemed to be just over the horizon, only for more Demons to cloud the skies so that no sun might shine through.

Imps, Cambions, Balrogs, and Barons all came to fight for their evil masters plights. The more that came, the stronger they were. With ever slain Demon, came another in its place with strength scaled greater than its predecessors. Eventually, it was too much. In one final battle The King fought to his last breath, even until his face was white from a lack of blood remaining in his veins. Soon, he perished alongside the last of his soldiers, and the remains of the Demonic Horde retreated back into The Voids domain with a promise to return and fully destroy the Kingdom and its people in full. The people of Örn mourned as soon as the news came of their prophets demise, and fear and uncertainty spread like wildfire. But there was still the light of Hope in them all.

Knowing Death was at its highest risk, before he departed The King left behind his final will that was only to be opened should his soul finally pass into The Voids grasp. Given that it was the last shred of instruction they had from their now dead leader, the people followed it just as The King followed the Gods will. After that, they had no one else but The Kings eldest son as well as support from the second born, for they were the last blood of The King.

A tomb was to be constructed high into the Mountains, built in the very Halls in which The King had often retreated to as his own personal place of worship. Every soldier that fought with The King in this triumphant battle would be buried with him, for just as he he fought as a warrior, so too would he be buried as one next to his brothers in arms. The day after The King’s death, the people worked tirelessly to put stone upon stone to craft this final resting place for those who did fight. At dusk, at the Tombs completion, The King’s coffin would be laid to rest among the countless soldiers. But it would not be sealed, instead it was to be left open. The people were to light torches, and form a path from the front steps of The King castle all the way up to his final resting place. The final hope given, was that at dawn Death would be Undone, and The King would return with the flames of his people to guide him home.

For hours, the people stood by with their eternal flames alight, awaiting the hour in which The King would be guided home. Arvin, The King’s firstborn, was waiting next to his brother at the top steps of castle with torches of their own. An hour before sunlight was to create dawn, Arvin was swept away in the dark, such that he disappeared without a trace and without any subject to notice the Prince’s departure. Coming to his senses revealed that he was standing among the numerous caskets of the dead, with a gold light shining from his fathers open coffin. Upon examining, Arvin found that his father’s body was missing, and turned to see The King standing before him seemingly alive and well.

For that remaining hour until dawn they did converse about things to come. The King revealed that he would not be returning, and that Arvin was to be The King that would walk the path of torches. Death would be undone, only in the title, not the man. This was against the Age of Accountability, deemed by The Gods as twenty five years. The King said that his final word of prophesy from the holy ones he served, was that despite Arvin’s age only being twenty years he was the one destined to lead their people. It was a daunting task, given The Prince still had much to learn and the world was to be put on his shoulders. But just as his father had obeyed The Gods without fail, so to would he. Not only would he lead, but he’d need to prepare for the approaching battle of the Demons and the Voids return. The King promised that as long as Arvin remained faithful, he would receive the instruction needed from the gods to purge the land of this evil, and bring an end to The Voids terrors. The future was in his hands, as was The Kings crown.

With a finally goodbye between father and son, The King laid down in his final place of rest and demanded his coffin finally be sealed. Arvin laid his father to rest, and as the fifth hour struck, dawn came upon the land as The King did return to the people as he bore his fathers crown. All were astonished as The King walked the long path back to the castle, where he would take a seat in his father’s stead as The King of Örn.

Many did doubt the integrity of The Kings instructions, and speculated that he defied The Gods and the Age of Accountability as a means of taking the power for himself instead of letting the true heir be brought forth by the Heavens. Hearts were turned against The King, the old disciples stepped down, and once more faith was lost. He’d need to gain their trust and prove himself worthy, but how? He could not do this alone! Only his brother was able to aid him, and being younger than he was it wasn’t enough. Then, Arvin received his next instructions from his masters. He was to engage with the people, and find trusted individuals among friends that could aid him in establishing his domain over the people, finding a worthy Queen to support him in the oncoming struggles, and preparing for the Great War ahead.

So begins the tale, of the King After King.

Roles:
King - Siren77 Siren77
Kings Brother - Jack19XK Jack19XK
First Knight (responsible for gathering another army of soldiers) - Ramjammer Ramjammer
Second Knight (Same duties as the First Knight) - ItsKenAgain ItsKenAgain
Royal Doctor (tasked with fighting the oncoming diseases of The Void) - The True Plague The True Plague
Royal Advisor (Supports The King in decisions and strategies) - AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0
((Alright ya jack knobs! I’m really hyped for this as it’s been bugging my mind all day, and I want to see it come into fruition! By all means ask any questions you need and I will be happy to answer! Now you will notice there’s no roles to fill, and that is because I have no clue what the fuck to put down! The only certain roles are that of The King and his younger brother! There’s too many people a King would need to aid his rule, and I don’t want to include just a set few. So you’ll need to bring forth an idea of who your character could be and I’ll dictate whether it fits or not! We can discuss in the PM’s and work something out, I’d love to hear your ideas! Once everything’s worked out and accepted, I’ll send you a link to the Discord so we can start planning and scheming for this biz!))

Last edited:
I'm certainly interested in this! I'm assuming the King would need Advisors/Knights. But is this more a political oriented RP or is it Action/Adventure. I ask given the back story, and the nature of the Demons assaulting the Kingdom.

I'm certainly interested in this! I'm assuming the King would need Advisors/Knights. But is this more a political oriented RP or is it Action/Adventure. I ask given the back story, and the nature of the Demons assaulting the Kingdom.
Absolutely! But it will have some political elements, but it’ll be more focused on Action and Adventure.

Okay! Then I'd hazard that you'd want more dedicated warriors to the King than advisors as a general suggestion.

Given the nature of the King's rule, and it's credibility. I would think that political shenanigans would come in the form of rivaling Noble Houses. And perhaps less than savory members of the Clergy warping the teachings of the Gods.

Ramjammer Ramjammer
Yes, but someone filling the role of an advisor would be beneficial as well. Dedicated soldiers tasked with leading their own portions of the Kings Armies will have a more action based role of Thats what you’re looking for.

You are correct, like any kingdom there’s dukes and duchesses that are tasked with aiding in the King in bing an extension to the people all across the land. But it wouldn’t be surprising if some of them rose to the occasion in the people’s confusion to claim themselves as the one true prophet. This would tie in with the Priests of the Gods being paid off and bribed to do those who seek to dethrone the King’s bidding.

Alright I suppose political shenanigans will actually be a fairly decent focus point, but nothing end game material. The end game is obviously the oncoming apocalypse and the final war against the Void Entity and it’s Demons.

I must admit, I am rather intrigued by this personally as well. Would it be possible to be a supporting role, such as a Royal Physician, or perhaps someone a little bit shady working for a lesser noble who has pledged their support for the new king in the form of their, for lack of a better term, lackey serving the King directly in whatever manner he needs?

I must admit, I am rather intrigued by this personally as well. Would it be possible to be a supporting role, such as a Royal Physician, or perhaps someone a little bit shady working for a lesser noble who has pledged their support for the new king in the form of their, for lack of a better term, lackey serving the King directly in whatever manner he needs?
A royal doctor would be much needed! Given that The Void might just bring upon the land more manners of disease and plague. So Arvin would need to find a new individual to aid him in eventually curing those afflicted, as well as finding more trained and qualified individuals to help with the cure.

A royal doctor would be much needed! Given that The Void might just bring upon the land more manners of disease and plague. So Arvin would need to find a new individual to aid him in eventually curing those afflicted, as well as finding more trained and qualified individuals to help with the cure.
Then a royal doctor I shall become, perhaps a bit inspired by a plague doctor... But with much less of a hack job about it!

What's the word on the various Gods of the setting? I have a Paladin/Templar I could use but some info on the religion surrounding the story would be helpful.

What's the word on the various Gods of the setting? I have a Paladin/Templar I could use but some info on the religion surrounding the story would be helpful.
Ah yes, the lore! I had a general idea that I need to write up so give me a moment!

I'm intrigued, but I'm admittedly pretty rusty on my role playing as it's been a few years and I'm just starting again. I'd be interested in playing some type of supporting character, as opposed to a main player, so I can kind of have a lead to follow, at least in the beginning. Maybe another knight, or a squire? The plot really caught my eye though, so let me know how I might be able to fit in if you'll have me!

I'm intrigued, but I'm admittedly pretty rusty on my role playing as it's been a few years and I'm just starting again. I'd be interested in playing some type of supporting character, as opposed to a main player, so I can kind of have a lead to follow, at least in the beginning. Maybe another knight, or a squire? The plot really caught my eye though, so let me know how I might be able to fit in if you'll have me!
A second knight would be useful, as The King will need as many starting soldiers as he can get so that they can begin recruiting and training an army! But a squire or advisor would also prove beneficial!

I would like to take the position of a Third Knight if possible. Perhaps the King have a small squad of personal guards picked from the most skillful and talented in the Realm?

I also have a question in regards to the amount of characters we can have as well as whether or not we can take up the role of antagonists? e.g, a Demon Prophet of the Void. He could perhaps be the one who the entity had put in charge of spreading the Pestilence and to lead the demons.

I would like to take the position of a Third Knight if possible. Perhaps the King have a small squad of personal guards picked from the most skillful and talented in the Realm?

I also have a question in regards to the amount of characters we can have as well as whether or not we can take up the role of antagonists? e.g, a Demon Prophet of the Void. He could perhaps be the one who the entity had put in charge of spreading the Pestilence and to lead the demons.
I’d actually like to gather more diverse roles as opposed to more of the same. Arvin will have no use for personal guards, and instead just needs trusted allies to gather an army that he can aid in training.

For now I’ll be taking charge of all antagonists up until later on in the Roleplay where we learn about the demon horde a bit more, then I’ll let players create antagonists that fit the mold I require for the demonic armies. A prophet of the void would be interesting!

That’s fine. Just let me know when you’re ready for it and I’ll be happy to discuss with you my ideas regarding the Prophet of the Void.

So for now, I guess I’ll be fine with taking up the role of the King’s brother if that’s open. And if needed, maybe a high noble as well.

I would also like to ask about the political geography of Orn. Specifically if there’s other kingdoms out there consisting of other races? I was actually thinking about making a King of Beastmen or Undead Race. The idea revolving around it is to see just which side they would align with in the next conflict. I think that could be an interesting plot point regarding the political side of the rp.

That’s fine. Just let me know when you’re ready for it and I’ll be happy to discuss with you my ideas regarding the Prophet of the Void.

So for now, I guess I’ll be fine with taking up the role of the King’s brother if that’s open. And if needed, maybe a high noble as well.

I would also like to ask about the political geography of Orn. Specifically if there’s other kingdoms out there consisting of other races? I was actually thinking about making a King of Beastmen or Undead Race. The idea revolving around it is to see just which side they would align with in the next conflict. I think that could be an interesting plot point regarding the political side of the rp.
Kings Brother it is! We’ll need to discuss the personal relationship between himself and Arvin but that’ll be a topic for another time.

There are other races in the form of tribes, but for the most part Örn is the sole kingdom in the Realm. As I said before though, extra and secondary characters will be charged by me until we delve deeper into that section as well. For now scheme some ideas and should I need some aid I’ll be happy to help.

Kings Brother it is! We’ll need to discuss the personal relationship between himself and Arvin but that’ll be a topic for another time.

There are other races in the form of tribes, but for the most part Örn is the sole kingdom in the Realm. As I said before though, extra and secondary characters will be charged by me until we delve deeper into that section as well. For now scheme some ideas and should I need some aid I’ll be happy to help.
That’s fine. So when will the discussion begin? Are you still waiting for more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back