• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Kimetsu No Yaiba; Who...and what we fight for.

Characters
Here
CODE / ARKNIGHT
Erwin Kott

Back for more
TAGS: ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ) ( Archdemon Archdemon ) ( Phayne Phayne )

Protect them? Had the Westerner heard the Kinoe right? As much as he hated to admit, and wanted to protest it, he was sure his episode remembering the horrors of war had left him in a defenseless stupor. And, even if that was a high-ranking demon, it was high time for the group to dispatch it. The inscriptions the being had on its face little mattered for the German, as it was unbeknownst to the man what it meant.

As the creature started to move towards him, Erwin already had his breathing under control. Slowly inhaling and exhaling the air from his lungs, his stance was low. Well, as low as someone as tall as him could manage. Turning his body sideways, with his right shoulder towards the creature, his vision was focused on a single target: its neck. That thing had to be cut clean if they were to destroy it. It was then that the voice, coming from the red-haired man, caught his attention.

In a moment, a gust of air, shot like a cannon, ripped the space between the German and the demoness, giving him just the right opportunity to execute his plan. Lightning quickly surged in the air and static filled the space between them - “First form: Thunderclap and Flash!” - and with that, the man disappeared as a bolt. His movement, however, wasn’t straight at the disgusting creature. Making it a double-step process, in a split second, the man covered the distance of around 5 meters in a right-diagonal towards the creature, actually stopping for an instant around 3 meters from it, positioned behind it.

In the next instant, another use of his first form would position him on the creature back - “Second Form: Rice Spirit!” - drawing his sword, he began slashing rapidly, aiming at the demoness’ neck. His technique, however, was different from the one he used against Akimine during their previous training. His slashes had, at the very least, the triple the speed than when he had used previously. The man was clearly focusing everything he had in a pure, brutal, offensive. His lungs began to protest as he used the technique not only once, but over and over again and, if the demoness’ tried to block his attacks, he would try to cut her, limb from limb - “Here is where I crush you beneath my jackboot!” - his face was livid, with pure rage.

1642686640317.png
(Current Setting: Shrine Area)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He'd listen carefully to the lavender haired man's explanation, his eyes narrowing slightly as he now glanced around at the areas his now ally seemed to point towards. A clash of auras was what he could pick up from his surroundings as the young man lightly coiled his fingers around the upper sections of the saya he used to hold his blade. He was curious though. Not at all about the demons they were fighting, no, but . . he was curious about something completely different. Now turning back towards his new found partner, he'd hold a serious expression as he gazed deeply at their face, soon uttering the words: " Which group has the most amount of females? "

Not a hint of hesitation resided in his voice as he said this.

Last edited:
1643400678629.png
Name: Tatsuo Mori
Interaction/mention: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Maxxob Maxxob Phayne Phayne

Tatsuo woke up from his dream induced state, and man was he not happy. To be forced to relive that scene, to see his sister blame him. It was not easy to deal with, yet he also felt relived. It was as if a great weight had been removed, he had finally spoke to his sister and said what he had always wanted to say. This instance had only released his true rage, a rage that had built up beneath all the guilt and blame. It was in a way liberating to finally spend such a lifesavings. He perked his ears up at the sounds of the Kinoe fighting saying she protected them, Makes sense because of the dream sequence. He gripped his sword with renewed fire in his eyes, ready to claim the life of this demon.

In the scene before him Renji had shot an air shot at the demon who was pouncing at Erwin. Erwin decided that instead of standing around he would use his superior movement to get behind the demon to unleash a flurry of attacks. It was time for Tatsuo to get into the fray and that's exactly what he had planned to do. Tatsuo breathed in and let the intake of oxygen pour into his very fiber, his body became hot to the touch almost as if he had an inferno raging inside him. He rushed forward past Renji towards the demon and into where Kott was previously before his attack pattern. Tatsuo was going to use the demon's movement against her. He gripped his Blazing red sword, he tensed his biceps up and slashed 3 times in a quick and powerful succession.
"Dragon Breathing 3rd Form: Dragon's Edge!" He first struck at the demon's legs intending to lob them off to hinder the demon if he missed the vital neck strike. He then slashed at the arms to prevent any form of defense towards the neck. Finally he went in for the kill with all his rage behind his final attack, learning from Erwin's first attack that the neck was a hard target, you can't half-ass the final strike. To everyone it looked as if Tatsuo imprinted a red claw mark in the air as he made his attack, similar to what a Dragon's claw strike would look.

Ex-Lower Moon One, Slayers Strike Back!

The excommunicated demoness stubled as the air cannon came flying towards her path of trajectory, feet slamming down as she skid to a halt to avoid flying forward into the attack. Just a touch short, the air cannon carving out a portion of her torso, blood and viscera sent flying. Not that it mattered, it'd seem, the wound quickly closing up as if nothing had happened, the only sign damage had been taken was blood staining torn clothes. Just how supercharged was this demoness from priest blood!? "You annoying little-" She snapped her gaze from Erwin to Renji as if she changed her mind on who she desired as a target more than the other. A mistake, the distraction enough to let Erwin close the gap unabated and get into position. The demoness snapped her attention around, her arm coming up to block the first of the six strikes. Then, there it went, flying away as the German managed to carve it off. Her next arm went up as the first worked to regenerate, that one also flying off in an arc, a crimson arch painted on the ground behind her. Her own features were livid with rage, a sort to match the Westerners own. His next blows landed smartly, four direct hits, two to either side of her neck to complete the blows in his form. Slowly her arms were regenerating, but not quick enough...Deeper and deeper the cuts landed. Erwin had buried deep each time, but not enough to fully remove her head, connected solely by her spine, her neck sealing shut by the end. "I refuse to let you kill me, little boy! I've come too far, done too much!" If Erwin to glance at his katana, he'd take notice of hairline fractures and cracks in the blade. Given his lack of training with such a weapon to the extent the others had, and the sheer strength of this woman's neck and matching that with his unrestrained fury, he might just ruin his weapon before this fight was over...

The assault on her did not end, her legs going out from beneath her and as soon as her arms regenerated they were gone once again, new crimson arcs because of Tatsuo's assault. Alas, her neck seemed to heal just in time for the next blow, Tatsuo burying it three-quarters of the way before an arm erupted from the cleaved limb, gripping his sword and forcefully shoving at it, as if her anger at the situation was amplifying her healing...or was it desperation. At the top of the stairs, Akimine had been stooped into a low pose, sword over her shoulder as if she'd been focusing the entire time. Breath in...breath out....deeper each time, pushing her bodies ability to retain oxygen to its maximum limits, the upper capabilities of Total Concentration Constant. "This fight is decided...we end it now. Tatsuo...Renji...and Erwin. Thank you for giving me the time I needed." She shifted her weight, suddenly twirling in a sideways flip, and then two more. Steadily she moved forward, suddenly picking up speed with each step. And with each step, a new rotation to her form, stacking her momentum build with each motion as she rushed down the steps in tumbles and twists. "Water Breathing Tenth Form; Escoteric Art: Dance of Ryujin!" The tumbles and twists steadily blended into an almost dance-like approach, weaving and twisting steadily. At the end of Akamine's blade a steady roar could be heard, a raging torrent forming and growing with each approaching step and footwork. Halfway there, she had worked up enough momentum, a massive dragon forming from the torrent of water, an ear piercing roar filling the room. The size, the manifestation, it was as if the Kinoe had invoked the Shinto dragon god himself, maw open wide and claws out stretched. Another howling roar as Akamine seemed to 'blink forward' as she accelerated, the dragon lashing forward and clamping its jaws around the Demoness's throat as she was dragged forward by the beast. "No...NO! LET ME GO!"

The shriek of pain and shock could be heard as the demoness's regeneration and power were overwhelmed by the team of Slayers, her head soaring off, eyes wide in shock, Akimine skidding to a halt as her body shook with exertion, legs trembling ever so slightly before she quickly steadied herself.. "No...no, how could this happen!?" The demoness's vision faded in and out, tears of shock welling in her eyes as she finally landed near a collection of blood splatters...funny, they looked like lilys, how they had been painted on the ground. "These look like...lilies...I remember loving lilies." Why did she think of lilies, at a time like this?

-----

It was another era, a hundred years or so, maybe more. She was just a florist... "What would you recommend? I'm getting engaged, I don't know what she'd like." She flashed a bright smile across the counter, starting to put together a bouquet of roses, chatting back and forth. Roses were perfect for an engagement, or anything romantic really. It turned out he loved water lilies, which surprised her, the two spending an excessive amount of time just talking about a mutual love for the lily flower before he bid her good day, leaving her to cough in peace. Her chest hurt...something was wrong with this building she had moved into. She was finding mold everywhere, she could never get it all cleaned up, but she couldn't afford to move.

----

The flower stand had closed, she was too weak to move anymore. It hurt to breathe, her only solace was that young man came to visit every so often. But eventually he stopped, his wife believing he was going to leave her for an ailing friend. How foolish...she hated his wife, how dare she take her friend away? Another coughing fit, a heavy puddle of blood beside her now. "Oh dear. This is dreadful, truly. To die alone. What sort of fate is that?" She glanced over towards the figure, dressed in a nice western suit and tie. "I don't want to die like this...the doctor said it was mold." "Let me help you...I'll make you healthy again, and you can pay back your debt."

-----

She couldn't believe she'd killed him....she'd killed him, and his wretched little wife! Not just that...she'd eaten them. What sort of monster was she? No...no, they both deserved it! They all did! No one even bothered to visit her besides him, and even he stopped. Everyone was going to let her die alone in that house! She owed her life...her everything to Muzan. He was there for her when no one else was!
-----

"Mold...I always hated mold. Why did it have to be mold? Why was my power mold....was he mocking me?" Tears streamed down her face, her head already starting to fade away to embers, though it was a slow and depressing process. "I'm going to die alone...just like I was always destined to. Alone, and surrounded by mold. I never wanted to be a monster...I just didn't want to die alone." Akmine glanced at the dying demon, her head and body dissolving moment by moment. A slow and soft breath from her as she knelt down beside the head, an awkward little pat atop the top of it. "Then we can stay here. You won't stay long, but you won't die alone. Maybe, when you pass through this world again, you can show that kindness to another." There was a sniffling and choking sob from the demoness, frantically glancing at the woman and the group of men. "Why!? Don't mock me!" "I'm not mocking you. This is a courtesy I offer you, because I would not like to die alone either." She glanced at her fellow Slayers, giving a nod to each of them. "All of you, tend to any of your wounds while we have the time."
1646950823283.png
1a488dde18ad46d19df9d7bb9b0f0eea409c069br1-1125-1677v2_uhq.png
EJrTaTVWkAMHQht

Maxxob Maxxob Phayne Phayne Archdemon Archdemon

The Garden
Team Kirisu
The demon continued its lopsided flight plan towards Tomi, his wing much slower to heal than the rest of his body, but whether this was because of the lingering blue fire or it was truly a weak point, it wasn't clear. Closer and closer, arms stretched out ahead of him. "I have you now- oh gods dammit!" Sakura's approach had gone unnoticed, the interception successful. The wing came off, the slice Kirisu had started finished to completion and causing the insectile excommunicated lower five to go spinning face-first into the dirt, standing upright with a grumble, his wing struggling to grow back. "I'm eating you next, you little nuisance!" Kirisu's attention snapped towards Korin as he called her out, shifting her grip on her katana. The understanding of the situation, almost innate and sudden on what the plan was. What was the worst that could happen, honestly? "You've got it!" Catching the waterskin of pigs blood she just as quickly redirected towards the demon, a small flip during her advance as she over the shoulder hurled it, the waterskin painting the demons face in red. Though, unfortunately, all that really came of it was spluttering and coughing, the demon forced to wipe his face. "Wow, you guys are ASSHOLES!" Even without his wing he was fast, rushing towards Sakura in a burst of energy, claws out stretched as he attempted to rake them across her belly, Kirisu still rushing forward. Just a second, maybe more! "Flame breathing, First Form: Unknowing Fire!" She could see it in her minds eye, the pedestals of fire lighting one after the other, a new one ignited with each rushing step forward. Finally she arrived just as the demon did, her katana poised to chop into his throat...but alas, he turned his head about, teeth locking around her swore, glaring at her, voice muffled. "Fucken annoyin!"
z61bb6uugwb61.png

qingwa qingwa FiveElemental FiveElemental kakemha kakemha

CODE / ARKNIGHT
Erwin Kott

A small victory
TAGS: ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ) ( Archdemon Archdemon ) ( Phayne Phayne )

They did it… they actually did it. The group’s action was enough to give time to their superior to finish the job and land the killing strike at that horrible and putrid being. Erwin was breathing heavily, his chest moving up and down every second. It almost looked like the was hyperventilating, but the only thing the man knew is that he needed to breathe. His face just got more and more distorted as his attack had continued. Visible veins were pulsing on his neck, moving with each breath. The dark rings around the man’s eyes had also many veins popping and visible. On the corner of his eyes, his age mark become more and more apparent, as well as on the corners of his mouth. And slowly, little by little, his expression relaxed, while he peered upon the now defeated demon.

And then the kindness the blue-haired kinoe was showing to the beast that, just a few seconds ago would have ripped every single one of them apart, impressed him and visibly so. While his expression relaxed, it was clear there was not a single hint of mercy or pity in his eyes. They were pinned towards the demon that, slowly, left that world. ‘Dying alone’, it said. The German sure was not strange to that idea, seeing the eyes of a young soldier slowly become lifeless, while they plead and call for their loved ones. But in the end, won’t everyone die alone?

Thinking about that, the man reached for one of his medals in his chest, grabbing the one that was awarded to those who served in the colonies of the German Empire. Disconnecting it from his uniform, he threw it towards the dying beast, and it landed just a few inches in front of it. Now only the Iron Cross remained on his chest. The man’s right arm started to raised, as to sheath his sword. At a certain point, his came at an angle that it started to reflect the moon light that permeated the place, and something curious caught his eye. His attention was diverted to the blade and, as soon as he landed his sights on it, he furrowed his eyebrows. The blade was quite a bit damaged, light cracks all over it - “This is… awful. If I need to use it again, it will surely break” - that was a certainty, not a possibility.

With a deep sigh, the experienced slayer told the recruits that it was the time to mend their own wounds. And, while the German wasn’t wounded per se, he was winded, tired and in need of much rest. Making his way to a wall, he simply sat down, taking a look at the fellow recruits and seeing if they were doing better than he was.

< sakura aka >

Sakura was glad that her slash gave her the result she wanted. The demon's wing was completely severed off, she landed nicely behind the demon, as she saw the wing landing near her out of the corner of her eye. She had also grabbed Tomi with her to keep her out of her line of attack and before the demon could attack her once more. She got a good distance away from the demon, or at least Sakura thinks she did. Looking Tomi up and down, kind of assessing her, she tried to see if Tomi had any visible injuries that needed tending to. Luckily her strike was fast enough, and it didn't seem that Tomi had sustained any physical damage at all so that was a relief to see.

She heard the demon fussing and shouting once more, so her gaze shifted to the demon once more. It seemed the Kirisu launched an attack on the demon, with the help of the human she had protected earlier. 'That human has some guts.' She thought. Most humans ran away at the sight of a demon, hell, some even fainted before her and refused to acknowledge the attack ever happening, saying that it was all just a nightmare. But she didn't have time to admire the teamwork. The demon was coming at her. She knew he would be slowed due to her cutting off his wing and it not having regenerated yet. Her reflexes kicking, she immediately stood in front of Tomi and held her blade up to block. She knew she wouldn't have enough time to perform a breathing technique, so she decided to protect Tomi instead. She braced for impact, but it never came, she saw Kirisu strike at him, but her blade got caught in the demon's mouth.

She knew, she could strike him right now, she had too. "Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo" Sakura said as she breathed for the technique. She unleashed her breathing form, aiming for his neck. With the sword connecting to his neck, she hoped that this would be the strike.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles qingwa qingwa FiveElemental FiveElemental

5104c588e58414588321d3d743b2b44bc1d8e3f4.jpg

Akashi Kazuko
(The Shinto Shrine - Outside)

Akashi's eyes drifted up as he tried to feel out the slayers' movements. It was not exactly a precise science, but he could draw some comparisons between gender; the distribution of weight with each step, the frame of the body or their behavioural reflex responses. Hardly anything that could allow the slayer an utmost certainty, but it gave him a better idea with which to answer his new friend's question. Perhaps it was due to his social ineptness, but Akashi wasn't entirely sure as to the reason for Ukito's question. His fellow slayer seemed of decent character, so he had no idea as to why he wanted to know such a thing.

"Oh, I think..." His head tilted to the side as he focused, "It seems a demon inside has been slain already. I am not certain, but I believe there are several female slayers in the garden behind the shrine-"

The gravity slayer's eyes flicked back to Ukito with an alert excitement. A hand already rested on the hilt of his purple blade, steady and clenched.

"Oh! You'll have to excuse me a moment-" Akashi had already dashed off before finishing his sentence, his words trailing in the wind for the other slayer and the puddles of demon-gore.

(The Shinto Shrine - Inner Hallway)

Having disappeared through the smashed oaken doors leading further into the shrine, Akashi's eyes swept side to side as he scanned for signs of ambush. He could generally sense those kinds of things, but he'd been told that some of Muzan's spawn had demon blood arts specific for it. It felt less like art and more like magic sometimes. The slayer had heard stories of rooms twisting end over end and levitating balls that could blow holes through walls. It was stories like these that made him wonder as to just what Muzan and his children were capable of.

Dashing through hallways, the shrine opened up into a larger reception area that seemed to have seen quite the battle. There were slayers gathered by the far side of the room, but Akashi kept going and took a right up a flight of stairs. He was getting close now.

He could feel the vibrations of nichirin on claws...

"Before I kill you, I'm crushing your bits."

"Oh, you seem like a curious fellow indeed~"

Almost coming out of nowhere, Akashi flickered into view right before Jin as the slayer recovered from the previous attack. With his ever-present smile of serenity, the purple slayer regarded their opponent with curious impulse and the tightening of hands around his sword. Taking up the kendo 'Chudan' form with his left arm placed on his bicep, Akashi waited for the demon to make a move with eyes ready to react.

Although he wouldn't take his attention away from the fight at hand, he called back to the slayer behind him, "Hello! Are you okay?"

Orikanyo Orikanyo ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
1647555554757.png
Name: Tatsuo Mori
Interaction/Mention: Maxxob Maxxob ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

It seemed like the assault had worked in the end, and the killing blow was from their teacher no less. Still the fight was over and those who needed to recover could rest. The demon's head began to spout out their sob story, and how they didn't want to be alone. Tatsuo simply ignored it for he heard this all too many times when he was a Yakuza. Only one thing separated a person from a demon, supernatural ability. Tatsuo had dealt with and killed people who should have been demons yet were just a human. They all spout the same nonsense to justify their actions, and yet they choose to indulge in their baser instincts instead of resisting. Plus he also just wants them to go to hell quieter.

Tatsuo ran a brief check over his body, but he wasn't really injured nor tired. Erwin on the other hand looked like he needed the rest the most. Tatsuo went into his pocket and pulled out his pack of smokes and a matchbox. He decided to smoke while waiting, since he had nothing better to do during this time.

"After we're done resting where are we going next? I'd assume further into the temple but we could also help our friends in the back since I'd imagine that demon was telling the truth about her working with others. They could already be fighting one or more just as tough or tougher than this lady."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back