• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Kimetsu No Yaiba - Cult of the Half Demon

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

TPBx

Simpin for Witch Tea
1567842177628.png1567842212213.png1567845188911.png1567845269165.png1567845400616.png

Ubuyashiki Manor

In the time since Muzan's defeat, the demons across Japan faded as well. This lead to the Demon Slaying Corps seeing many of its members leave and seek out a peaceful life as civilians. However that did not spell the end of the Demon Slaying Corps as volunteers, including the last generation of Pillars consisting of the men and women who survived the final battle against Muzan, remained in the Demon Slaying Corps to keep the peace. While initially, the new head of the Ubuyashiki family, Kiriya Ubuyashiki, thought that it would be a long time before their services would be needed, a string of coordinated attacks by a new generation of demons and humans ravaged the countryside and convinced Kiriya otherwise. Due to this revelation, Kiriya has assembled every available and willing Demon Slayer to the Ubuyashiki Manor for an emergency meeting to discuss their plans to end this threat swiftly.

Last edited:
Komakai Yasuda
The importance of this meeting was most likely an understatement. Being summoned to the Ubuyashiki Manor was a privilege reserved for the most pertinent of matters, but...everyone? Every single Demon Slayer called here on an urgent matter? Even if he'd only been a Slayer for a short while, Komakai couldn't have imagined anything like this happening in his lifetime, let alone while he was still a novice.
In times like this, he was taught to keep still and pay attention on top of always, always practicing his breathing. It was the one thing splitting him from being a willing Slayer and a walking corpse. And yet, no matter how much he tried to focus on the front of the manor, he couldn't shake the thought that he seemed odd. There he was, a living statue keeping watch instead of looking for anyone else or trying to talk to another soul. Not even the sight of the pillars seemed to fascinate him, only whatever reason the family could possibly have to call all of them here.
His raven was certainly silent on the issue, much like himself. Perched on the hilt of his Scimitar, it waited as patiently as Komakai, acting as one of the only signs that the person standing there was alive. Even if it was the worst news ever, he felt as calm as the raven on his sword. After all, every good person he'd met, he'd met when things were looking to be their worst.

Hikaru rode into the meeting late, his silver and white locks of hair blowing in the wind, striding in after leaving his horse at the gate in the reliable hands of the Kakushi who took good care of his steed. He took in the surreal surroundings of the manor, the butterflies that filled the skies, the peaceful koi ponds, and the soft and warm southern wind that would blow across the estate. It had been six months since he had last stepped foot here, though it wasn't nearly as crowded then. Though, Hikaru was disappointed. If this crowd of fifty or so people was all that remained of the Demon Slaying Corps, then there wasn't much hope for this conflict to resolve quickly. He walked towards the front, noticing that one of the new guys was scared stiff, standing at attention like he was in the Imperial army.

"Oi, relax, you're in good company" Hikaru told the recruit as he placed his right hand on their shoulder, giving him a warm smile as well.

Xenoxx Xenoxx

Komakai Yasuda

The hand on his shoulder broke his trance immediately. It'd been a while since someone approached him so easily. With a small glance he turned, revealing a sharp pair of eyes behind his spotted black hair. The rider speaking to him...he must handle himself with that much dignity all the time...They Corp. was lucky to have him. Komakai began to speak with the airy voice of a robin, trying not to tire himself.
"Aye, that much is true. I can feel the skill you have in the way you carry yourself...you're truly a blessing to the Demon Corps, I'm sure..." He praised, his withered, pink lips turning up into a smile. Without moving his hand from his blade, he began to turn and swivel to peek around at the sparse crowd.
"Do you know any of the other souls here? I haven't met many others..." The sigh he gave after the question was just about the only audible thing about how he moved. Maintain your breathing. That's what he had to remind himself. And like that, his chest went still once again.

TPBx TPBx

Last edited:
"I've really only gotten a chance to become familiar with the other pillars," Hikaru replied. He then realized that he didn't introduce himself, "oh, forgive me, I didn't even bother introducing myself, my name's Hikaru, Kamiya Hikaru, the Heaven PIllar. Its a pleasure to meet you, and your name is...." He paused for a bit before noticing the Beast Pillar, Inosuke Hashibara, approach them fuming with anger. One could see the steam pour out of musclebound Pillar's boar mask as he approached Hikaru and his new friend. "Yo, Inosuke-sa...," Hikaru said before the sentence was interrupted as the Beast PIllar laid down a fist into Hikaru's jaw, sending him to the ground.

"You bastard, you're late," Inosuke stated with a hoarse voice, "where the hell were you."

"Man that hurt," Hikaru replied while rubbing his jaw, "and what do you mean I'm late, the meeting doesn't start until all the pillars are present anyways."

"Well the sooner the meeting starts, the sooner we can get our assignments, and the soon we get our assignments, the sooner I can start kicking some demon ass again," the Beast Pillar replied, slamming his fists together like he was ready for a fight. "Besides who's this guy anyways."

"He's one of the few new recruits. I'm just getting to know him," Hikaru added, "he also has a weird sword, I haven't seen that design outside of pictures in foreign books." Inosuke took note of that sentence and examined the extraordinarily curved sheath of the sword that Komakai wielded.

"Yeah that's a weird sword, not as weird as your sword though, Hikaru."

"Says the guy that purposely breaks their katana to look cool."

Xenoxx Xenoxx

Last edited:
Komakai Yasuda

His haori was swept up in Inosuke's dust as he ran, revealing the scabbard of the Scimitar underneath and disturbing the raven so thoroughly that it soared into the sky, crowing the whole way. As for Komakai, the scene was a point of fascination for him. If he was still a child he'd be giggling at the exchange, alas, his eyes only widened at the sight. These were the pillars alright, free to horse around even at a time like this. If they were anyone else, he might've turned his nose up to them instead of bashfully turning his face away while they spoke about him.
"Yasuda Komakai. Pleasure, no, an honor to meet the both of you...And...erm...." He greeted, clearing his throat to try and fix his chirping voice. Then, putting his routine into action, he straightened his haori, turned to them, and kneeled in deference almost like a dance.
"If I might inform the both of you, my blade is a Scimitar!" Komakai's voice became immediately clear as he raised his voice, swiftly retrieving the scabbard from his side to show the rest of them. "That, and rushing into assignments is a quick way to shorten your life! I'd like our leaders to live long, peaceful lives!" He affirmed, raising his head to them.

TPBx TPBx

Ryuu Akagawa

Ryuu Akagawa is a lazy person. Especially now that Muzen was defeated. The number of demon attacks have slowly began to fade which meant less work for Ryuu. With so much free time, Ryuu would often relax and his daily training sessions to nap instead. In fact, Ryuu was taking a nap right now on the Ubuyashiki Manor's garden. He was summoned to the manor for some sort of meeting concerning all of the current demon slayers. Ryuu couldn't care less and even thought about not attending. His crow however wouldn't stop screeching in his ear about it so he had no choice but to attend.

Ryuu's nap was suddenly interrupted by the sound of bickering and voices. He opened one eye to see the vast blue sky. "So noisy....", Ryuu said softly to himself with a sigh at the end of his sentence. Ryuu closed his eye and tried sleeping again. Not too long after, he was interrupted again by the sound of louder bickering and voices. Ryuu opened both eyes slowly and said softly: "Who the hell...could be this loud...". There was no point trying to sleep again as he knew he would would be interrupted. Determined to find out who was it that interrupted his nap, Ryuu dropped from his tree and slowly walked to the direction of the noise.

He finally reached the origin of the noise and saw Hikaru, The Pillar of Heaven and Inosuke, The Beast Pillar. Knowing Inosuke, he was probably the cause of all the noise. Ryuu didn't bother to find out and just assumed so. "Will you ever shut up, you pig?", Ryuu called out to him in a menacing voice while scratching his head. He slowly walked towards the two and then pointed at Hikaru, "Hikaru, I appoint you as pig head's caretaker now. It's now your job to control this lunatic when Tanjiro isn't here". Ryuu turned around and noticed another demon slayer that he missed. He'd never seen him around. Ryuu looked at Hikaru and asked: "Huh? Who's this with the weird sword?"

TPBx TPBx Xenoxx Xenoxx

Komakai Yasuda

When you're faced with the attention of a pillar, it'd be natural to be thrown a little off balance. But now that he was all but surrounded by them, he could feel the weight of that attention almost at full force. The minute the next one swaggered out, his head lowered automatically, feeling a growing heat in his chest and beginning to speak through his teeth.
"Yasuda Komakai...user of the Breath of the Feather...and the sword you speak of is called a Kima...Kimatar." His voice had run dry and course again, forcing him to take a minute to collect himself until he was able to stand straight in front of them again. With his focus regained and no longer being on his knees, he repositioned himself, swiveling the scabbard around on the palm of his hand until he was able to balance himself just the same, ending with the curved blade balancing straight on top of four of his frail fingers.
"Ahem...It's difficult to be understood without breathing. I said it was a Scimitar, correct?" Komakai clearly croaked, continuing to gently spin the blade along its curve on his fingers. "I must seem so odd doing all this, please ignore it if you can." He went into a small bow, continuing to swivel the sword. "But, if I can say it again, it's an honor to meet so many of you...so many of us here. I don't think I could've seen any of you for miles even if I went all over the country and across the sea." He motioned slightly with his other hand, his attention on the pillars more relaxed once he regained his balance. "Could you grace me with your names again?" He chirped in polite inquiry.

TPBx TPBx L Libero

"Of course, Akagawa-san, its my job as your guys' senior to do things like that, right Inosuke," the Heaven Pillar replied, slapping his hand down on Inosuke's back leaving a noticeable hand mark on his bare skin. Hikaru realized then that he and his colleagues definitely gave the recruit a bit more attention than he could handle, being out of place in their crowd. However, Hikaru was more impressed by the young recruits ability to control completely focus his breathing that entire time. The fact he only now after facing the pressure exerted by three pillars did he break his composure. He smiled knowing that if the kid was at least decent at that he would be good hand in the field. "Also yes, Yasuda, the name's Hikaru. The man in the boar mask is Inosuke Hashibara, the Pillar of the Beast. And this flamboyant man in the red is Akagawa Ryuu, the Pillar of the Dragon," Hikaru stated while making sure to point at all three to make sure the recruit got their names straight.

Xenoxx Xenoxx L Libero

Ryuu Akagawa

"Flamboyant...? I like the sound of that", Ryuu said proudly as he unsheathed both his swords and spun them vertically with each hand. Ryuu then stopped spinning both swords and grabbed them in the reverse grip position. The demon slayer introduced himself as Yasuda Komaki, Ryuu walked around him and began closely examining him. "What a unique blade...". Ryuu was greatly interested and wanted to hold the blade himself and swing it around a few times. However, grabbing another demon slayers nichirin blade is considered rude. He forced himself to resist the urge of grabbing it and stood back. "Breath of the Feather hm? I like it", said Ryuu. "I'd love to see your forms"

TPBx TPBx Xenoxx Xenoxx

Komakai Yasuda
The breaths Komakai took were silent and motionless, coming each time there was a slight wistful whisper of wind, but assuredly, that breathing was constant even in the conversation. He stepped back to give the other pillars space as he balanced his weapon, turning his eyes on the rest of them now, even as Ryuu began to circle him.
"My forms? Well, I'd have to spar you or accompany you on a mission, but I'd be glad to do both, Flamboyant Dragon Pillar Ryuu." He answered, keeping his eyes on them as he spoke. The way they moved...the way they carried themselves, they could tell him what feelings they harbored, what styles they chose...Just as the pillar approached him, he swiftly turned the blade on its end, sliding it back beneath his haori.
"You might've already seen some aspects of the technique in the short time we've met...and if I might say..." Komakai continued, beginning to circle Ryuu right about now, taking notice of his own unique blades. He examined with his eyes without hesitation, having acclimatized to the presence of such skilled warriors. "My doctor would be very interested in your weapons as well, I don't think he's made me familiar with blades such as yours..." He gave a slight smirk, half-muttering to himself in his intrigue before stepping back.
"If we have this much diversity in our most hallowed ranks, whatever new threat has come to us should yield without much trouble...Even if I'm still wondering what that could possibly be." He crowed, quite pleased with the approval the pillars had of him. His right hand was calmly placed on the hilt of his Scimitar again, motioning his raven to return to its perch upon it.

TPBx TPBx L Libero

Sora Yasahiro

A meeting at the Ubuyashiki Manor, with swift arrivals and an urgent announcement. Were they going to be getting a new assignment, after such a long time? Sora hadn’t heard his crow speak in a long while, many of the demons he had faced up to this point being stragglers with no real power or challenge. While the news itself was concerning, the prospect of a new threat other than stragglers was annoying, the peace and quiet being something he enjoyed frequently. In a fashion quite in-line with his character, the teen slowly made his way toward the rest of the group, more so trying to get away from the abhorrently loud Inosuke and his ramblings.

That path had led his absent-minded walking directly toward the Dragon Pillar, bumping into his back and immediately looking up at the towering man. “Oh. Apologies… I didn’t see that you were there. Sora stared up at the purple haired man with his bright yellow eyes. “You must be the Dragon Pillar. Frankly, I thought you’d be much more annoying.” His eyes slowly trailed over to the other two. Slowly, he lifted his right hand towards Hikaru, “And you’re the Heaven Pillar correct? Why does lord Ubayashiki need me here if they have the pillars? Am I supposed to simply make tea?”

TPBx TPBx L Libero Xenoxx Xenoxx

Last edited:
1568144643588.png

The sound of a bell rung around the estate as a signal that the Emergency Meeting was about to begin. The young master arose from within the chambers of the house as two sliding paper doors opened in front of him. At his side were his two sisters that guided him out onto the stage. While only 11 years old, he carried with him the presence of a lord worthy of respect and honor. He gestured to his sisters to take a seat and so they did, kneeling upon two mats laid out in front of him. The eyes of all the Demon Slayers in the vicinity turned toward the young master as he came into the sunlight. Hikaru, Inosuke, and Ryuu ignored questions and comments made by the other other absentminded demon slayer and swiftly waded through the crowd, making it towards the front and joining the rest of the pillars.

1568175149665.png1568175467539.png

The Pillar of Flowers, Kanao Tsuyuri, noticed Hikaru and Ryuu join the line of Pillars next to her and Tanjirou. She greeted the waving silently towards them while several butterflies danced around her. Tanjirou turned toward the two as well realizing that the two other pillars had finally joined them and whispered to the pair, "welcome back, its been a while." He gave them that same enthusiastic and confident smile that the previous Fire Pillar, Rengoku Kyujuro, carried around with him. Hikaru was once familiar Rengoku, having sparred against him during the time he spent away from the Demon Slaying Corps, and he was glad that his successor had that same aura around him. Not to also mention that after having sparred against Tanjirou, Hikaru respected how powerful the young man was as a swordsman, as even with his strongest techniques, the Heaven Pillar could not best the Pillar of the Fire God in a duel.

Inosuke took his spot in between Zenitsu and Giyu. Zenitsu despite achieving the rank of Pillar, still shook in his boots scared out of his mind of what could have possibly happened and what kind of evil they would have to face. Meanwhile, Giyu as always kept the same calm complexion as he always did, now older and even more experienced, nothing ever phased him. As all the pillars settled in, Kiriya took a couple steps forward and began his presentation. The crowd knelt before their master, respecting and honoring his position.

"Good afternoon my children, my late father would have said, but many of you are older than I am. So you're not my children, but my brothers and sisters. Today I have gathered you all here to pass on some terrible news, one of our Pillars was killed in action two weeks ago by an unknown force, presumably Demon in nature. This is an unforeseen circumstance as the last time a Pillar was slain in combat was over two years ago in the fight against Muzan. The casualties in villages all around Japan are beginning to rise in number comparable to the days under Muzan's reign of terror, and its our duty as Demon Slayers to defend our homeland against these threats. That is why starting now we are fighting back against this enemy with everything we've got. I have designated each and every one of you to join our Pillars in defending key areas we have deduced will be the next targets in the upcoming wave of demon attacks."

Kiriya paused for a bit to catch his breath, the disease that afflicted his family was already beginning to show signs in his health even at this young age.

"You will all be sent to these locations tonight. I wish you all well on your travels and good luck out there my dearest family. I have faith in each and every one of you." Kiriya then took a seat by his sisters and rested as he watched the group of Demon Slayers mobilize and receive their assignments from the Kakushi as they directed each group toward the carriages that would take them to their posts.

Komakai Yasuda

For a moment before they'd all gathered, he could've sworn he saw another member of the Corps bump into that Dragon Pillar who looked like he had lanterns for eyes. He carried himself in a certain way too, a shifted way unlike, the normal Katana user's stance...Did he carry a foreign weapon as well? Komakai didn't even get a chance to voice that thought, brought to his knees once he noticed that Lord Ubayashiki was speaking. This was it; the voice he heard so much about. To think such a trait would be carried across generations, though, if he thought about it, he should know the most about the truth of that matter.
In the face of what that young master was saying though, the amazement he had on his painted face and the respect he had for those before him who'd reached the peak far before he could stand were naught more than idle thoughts.
A pillar had died.
By all means, they were expected to know the dangers of their work and just how much strain they were putting their bodies through. A shortened lifespan might even be part of the job description, but this pillar died in combat, and Muzan had already been killed! Something unidentifiable at that. That alone kicked the wind out of his sails. Komakai was rendered frozen while he tried to regain his breathing.
In those moments, a bittersweet feeling swirled and spun in his soul. For all that it must've taken to kill a pillar, it couldn't have been a demon that did it, right? Of all the things they should've been able to identify, a demon should be at the top of the list. Had someone already found the answers he was looking for? Had those secrets already fallen into the wrong hands? Every confusion tossed inside him combined into a special kind of drive, a drive his doctor had infused into his very being. The determination to know! To dissect this issue to its very core!
Before he stood, he began to whisper a lengthy prayer, as if he was trying to call out every deity known to the man until his lungs dried up.
And once they finally did, he stood, unfazed, signing to his raven to flock to his shoulder while he took in another breath. The hand he rested on the hilt of his blade was a sign as well; he was ready to face wherever his feathers may glide.

TPBx TPBx L Libero Spiderverse Spiderverse

Kumaru Ishigari​
Kumaru let out a long yawn as she rested head against a wall. Her sword laying on her lap still in it's sheath. She wasn't sure why she had been stationed in this village but as long as she got to slap a demon or two she didn't mind. That said would it kill the demons to hurry and make themselves known so she can kill them. Looking around Kumaru watched people walk around not a care in the world. One might wonder how Kumaru could be sure a demon hadn't already walked past her, that was simply really. She couldn't really explain it but she just knew the vibe a person gave off something like her instincts. These very instincts that she often trusted her life with were the same thing that told her when a demon was near it was just a feeling. A tingle up her spine or sometimes the scar on her cheek would throb, this acted as a sort of alarm. In some cases she could use this instinct of hers to find someone but that rarely ever worked. It was like it was honed for demons Kumaru liked to think that was just proof she was born to do this kinda stuff. That always put a smile on her face. Chuckling to herself Kumaru scratched her scar just begging for her scar to throb.

Ryuu Akagawa

Ryuu felt a bump and looked down to notice another unknown demon slayer. "Hey, Breath of Feather, did you multiply?", Ryuu said while pointing at Komaki. Ryuu was about to question who the new demon slayer was but was stopped when the bell rung and the young master appeared. Ryuu dropped to his knees and carefully listened to the young master. A pillar was killed.... Ryuu didn't act fazed or surprised. Instead his eyes were stone cold and piercing. It's to be expected. Pillars don't live forever, Ryuu thought to himself. He clenched his fists and continued listening.

The pillars and demon slayers were instructed to go to multiple villages and investigate recent casualties that have occurred. This was Ryuu's chance to finally get moving again. He had been neglecting his training session as he had no motivation to. Now a days, only low ranking demon slayers were asked to kill demons as the demons were too weak for the pillars and there was simply no point. Now, Ryuu has found a reason to train once again. He found his motivation. After the young master's announcement, Ryuu's black crow appeared before him and gave him the location and objective. Ryuu stood up and didn't plan on waiting anyone. "I'm leaving now. There's no time to waste", Ryuu said in a serious tone while looking back at the others.

TPBx TPBx Xenoxx Xenoxx , Spiderverse Spiderverse

Hikaru Kamiya

Hikaru rode off to the village and joined Ryuu as they were assigned together. The Young Master expected the best results would come by pairing together the pillars that were the most compatible together in battle. So Tanjirou was paired with Zenitsu, Inosuke with Kanao, Giyu with some new pillar, and of course Hikaru with Ryuu. While it made sense, it was kind of odd since neither Hikaru nor Ryuu had any experience in combat together, but The Young Master was sure of their abilities. With him and Ryuu were the peculiar group of Demon Slayers they met earlier at the meeting along with a few other faces he hadn't seen yet, including a girl who looked like the spitting image of the Beast Pillar with the way she carried herself around and her general belligerent attitude. He almost wondered if Inosuke took on a Tsuguko to pass on his rather unique style of fighting, unbeknownst to the rest of the pillars. The Heaven Pillar decided that it was at least a good time to familiarize himself with the Demon Slayers assigned to him.

However, Hikaru noticed that the skies were beginning to darken and a storm was beginning to form above them and the evening was beginning to transition into night. With these conditions, it was likely that the demon raid could begin soon with the sun disappearing from the sky sooner than expected. There was something odd about the convenience of this storm, he lived by the sea and learned how to tell the weather forecast based on environmental factors like the movement of birds and the formation of clouds. This was a sudden storm that seemed to purposely form around this village, something incredibly unnatural was occurring, and it seemed like Kiriya and the rest of the tactical team was right in their suspicions about how the demons were moving.

He lead his horse to trod toward the other demon slayer, and asked, "hey you, bear girl, do you feel like there's something odd about this weather? It doesn't feel right...."

Direct: Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi
Mentioned: Xenoxx Xenoxx L Libero Spiderverse Spiderverse

Komakai Yasuda
No time to waste? Well, there was no arguing that. He was already on his feet, so Komakai had no trouble following after Ryuu. After all, their mesengers seemed to all be squacking about the same assignment, everyone moving together along the same path. He entered a brisk gallop to group up with the rest of the crowd, never even sparing a word towards the slayers he hadn't met yet. But...what was the harm in getting to know them now? Everyone here must already realize their lives are fleeting, so they wouldn't mind an introduction would they?
He slowed his pace, heading back towards the slayers that'd just arrived before the announcement started. If they were both on the same assignment, they'd be moving together anyway...
"Before we I head off, my name is Yasuda Komakai." He began, going into a swift bow as he faced the man who'd been going on about tea as he'd last heard. "I believe I'll be following the Dragon Pillar for now...but if you think our paths are the same and wish to tell me more about yourself, I wouldn't mind it." Komakai nodded towards the man before his raven nipped at one of his ears in it's annoyance.
Reading the message loud and clear, he set off towards Ryuu again, gesturing to the Slayer to follow along as he raced out of earshot, returning again to the pillar's side. He may have had to regain control of his breathing after talking for so long, but if their last conversation was any indication, Ryuu might just talk enough for both of them.

Spiderverse Spiderverse L Libero

Sora Yasahiro

Despite his words being spoken, the meeting seemed to begin immediately afterward, the white haired boy falling to his knees in the presence of their master and not even taking a second to question the Pillar moving away from him. It was quite easy to understand that it was in no disrespect, it was simply that the moment for conversation had expired, and now what they were tasked with was simply to listen. Master began by humbling himself, referring to the demon slayers as his own brethren, similarly to how his father would call them his children. That odd familial question made it clear how they should conduct themselves as Demon Slayers; they were all working toward the same goal, fighting against the same common enemy. So when their master had informed them of one of their own, a pillar no less, had been killed by an unknown enemy, their next course of action was obvious.

Sora had felt no grief for the death of their fallen brethren, but he would still avenge him nonetheless. Looking around, it seemed that the other demon slayers had been handling the news in other ways, some praying whilst others struck the ground in anger. Once they had been dismissed, similarly to the Dragon Pillar, he had stood up and made his way behind the man. There was no time for words. There was only need for action.

When he and the group he had been assigned to had begun riding, the blank staring Sora’s eyes only seemed to focus on the clouds above him. “Stratus…” His one track focus was only broken by the sound of one of his companions, announcing his name to him. The boy’s eyes drifted ever so slowly from the sky above toward the other, a blank seemingly unfeeling expression on him. “My name is Sora Yasahiro. I want to kill the demons quickly, so there could be some time to fish afterward.” The crow that sat atop his head pecked on the teen, nudging its head over toward the Dragon Pillar. It seemed as though the skywalker’s path had already been decided for him. “You use Breath of Feather right? Is it a wind variant?”

Xenoxx Xenoxx L Libero

Komakai Yasuda
"So I've been told..." He began, still looking towards Sora as he gazed up at the sky. "My doctor explained it to me this way...I move only when others move me. It's a deceptive type of control, but I don't know of you're one for the philosophies of such a thing." Komakai kept his pace, observing the scenery around them while they moved forward. He had to keep his eyes open, if anyone tried an ambush, he'd have to be the first on the defense. After all, the others here couldn't be bothered with the small fries that'd try and spring a team like this. Even if one wasn't even a pillar, he couldn't shake the feeling that he might be leagues ahead of him...
"I have three questions for you, Sora." Komakai began counting them out on his frail fingers while his other hand rested on his Scimitar. "What blade do you use? What breathing technique have you trained?" For the last question, he turned to Sora to try and get a sense of his gait- how he balanced himself.
"Do you finish a demon in one strike, or two?" Komakai inquired, the eye that showed itself from behind his hair peering into him.

Spiderverse Spiderverse L Libero

Ryuu Akagawa

After informing the other demon slayers about his leave he made his way to the village. Throughout the trip, Ryuu had a serious face. He was usually lazy and wouldn't give a care about the world. Ryuu would joke around and mess with others but now that he was assigned a job that was worthy of him, he disregarded all of that. He became focused and will complete his task.

Two of the new demon slayers were making light conversation and Ryuu couldn't care less about what it was about. Ryuu simply ignored them and looked straight ahead. Not too long after, the demon slayers were close to their destination. "Hey, hey, hey, are you two here to make friends or kill demons hm? Shut up and get ready. We're close to our destination", Ryuu said with a cold tone and intimidating eyes. Not being prepared and aware while on a job was the last thing a demon slayer could do. Demons always attacked when you're unprepared. Ryuu grabbed the handle of both swords in its sheath and became cautious. He could already sense the presence of death and whenever death was present, so were demons.

TPBx TPBx Xenoxx Xenoxx , Spiderverse Spiderverse

Komakai Yasuda
Whether Sora had answered or not, Ryuu's order struck Komakai in an instant. He couldn't spare any words, especially if they were so close to their destination. While his hand was still resting on the hilt of his blade and his eyes were focused dead ahead for any sign of death and decay, worry was still something he had to fight off. If he knew so little about how his allies fought, making a plan would be near impossible. Komakai had to bring himself back to his senses...there wasn't time for familiarity anyway, this might as well already be the worst case scenario after Muzan's death.
Even so, there was no way the sudden arrival of a bloody scene or a fierce demon could freeze him in his tracks. He was taught to adapt; he'd float along with the flow and strike with the wind. Those teachings were just about the only thing giving him comfort now. That, and the one thing he'd noticed before they arrived. The Dragon Pillar's demeanor had changed almost instantly after the announcement and if this was something he'd straighten up for, then they all needed to focus. If Komakai knew anything, it was that a focused fight was almost always a victorious one.
If they had to face a new threat, they could do it with confidence, as long as they kept their concentration. For him, that meant becoming more flexible in his movements. It was clear that he began to leap rather than step, turning the shuffle of his march into a glide along the ground as they arrived. His acrobatic approach was becoming more obvious...

Spiderverse Spiderverse L Libero TPBx TPBx

Hikaru Kamiya

"Yo, you guys took long enough," Hikaru yelled out to Sora and the rest of the gang who had arrived a little bit later than he did. His horse was more reliable and quicker than the steady march that brought the rest of his unit across the countryside. So it only made sense he would get to the village first. He took in a deep breath and looked around the village, something wasn't right about this place, but he could not put his finger down on what was the problem. Everything about the place seemed off, but nothing other than the weather gave him any suspicion, if he had a nose like Tanjiro's or ears like Zenitsu's he'd be able to tell in a heartbeat. He kept his guard up, placing a steady hand over the grip of his blade. With every passing moment his heart beat louder and louder, he could feel with his warrior's sixth sense that eyes were watching him from all around, waiting in the shadows for the perfect moment to strike.

Hikaru looked at the ground and realized what was going on, shadows were beginning to form around the ground, safe areas for the demons to attack, even though there was still daylight, the sky above was darkened enough where the sun was blotted out of the sky. There were demons already hiding in the town, and they had been lead into a trap...

A screech could be heard from one of the houses as a frog like demon lunged out from the wall next to Hikaru, Hikaru reacted quickly, dodging its attack by pulling back on the reins causing his horse to stand up so he could lean back farther. The Pillar murmured the phrase, "Breath of Heaven: 1st Form, Piercing Light." Small flickers of light were visible for a brief moment, and then disappeared as the clink of Hikaru's Sakabato returning to its scabbard could be heard. The demon laughed, thinking he had won the battle.

"You didn't even cut me once. And you're supposed to be one of the best!!!" The demon stated with pride before a grimace of pain appeared on his face and a slight crimson line was beginning to form across it. He tried to regenerate but couldn't summon the strength to as the Nichirin blade did its work in stopping the demon's healing factor.

"You're right, demon, I'll give you that. I cut you five times." The demon then screeched once more as its limbs exploded off his body and its head now cut into neat quarters came apart in neat chunks. Hikaru's horse reacted to the harsh sound violently kicking around, all while the now dead demon was vaporized by the effects of the beheading. Hikaru managed to calm his noble steed down, and he then turned toward the Demon Slayers that were arriving and yelled, "THE DEMONS ARE ALREADY HERE. SORA! KOMAKAI! RYUU!!!"

Direct: Xenoxx Xenoxx L Libero Spiderverse Spiderverse

Last edited:
Sora Yasahiro

The ride toward the village that they had been assigned to had been all in all quite leisurely, having the chance to speak to the other Demon Slayers, Komakai in particular, who seemed to have a vested interest in his particular style of combat. He spoke with a very polite tone and attitude, very punctual and complete in his sentences, taking long pauses to breathe. He did mention some kind of doctor? Maybe he has a condition? Wouldn’t his techniques be hindered by that? Just as quickly as the thoughts came though they had also faded, the Dragon Pillar Ryu calling out to them to quit the small talk and get ready, as they were nearing their destination. Not even a second could pass for the young man to let a word release from his lips, but that was for the best. The pillar’s instincts were correct, as just as they had arrived demons had begun to come out of the woodwork.

In a swift motion Sora had dismounted his horse and held onto the hilt of his nichirin sword, stepping forward slowly toward the demons that had made their way out of the darkness. Inhale. Exhale. Just like he taught you. The white haired boy closed his eyes, one of the more reckless demons rushing towards him on all fours before leaping high up into the air and falling straight down toward him, right arm reeled back to try and cleave through him. Take it easy… He gripped onto the hilt of his sword, unsheathing it in one smooth motion toward the demon. Second Style: Nimbus.

The sound of a blade cutting flesh had been heard, but all that was seen by those around the demon and the Cloud style user was a burst of gray air. The demon did indeed take the blow, but it had not fallen yet. Immediately, the demon yelled out. “HEY HEY! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!” Gritting its teeth, the pale bodied and sharp clawed demon rushed once again toward the demon slayer, his eyes wide with anger and his veins popping from frustration. Easy easy… Sora placed his other hand on the hilt of his blade as well, the gray air that surrounded the blade before beginning to fade, revealing his yellow colored flame bladed sword. The demon’s eyebrows raised slightly as it rushed forward, confused at the shape of the blade but still determined to kill the brat that dared strike them. “DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU WIELD! YOU’LL FALL LIKE THE REST!” As it approached, the boy dragged the blade across the ground, slowly, gray air beginning to for around the tip as he did so. As it rose off the ground, he let go of the blade allowing it to twirl in the palm of his hand, the air beginning slowly shape into small clouds that surrounded him. First Style: Gathering Clouds. Twisting his body to the right and allowing his other hand to fall on the hilt of his sword once again, he waited for the demon, and just as it got close, slashed forward. The demon hopped back, the attack whiffing and a wild grin growing on his face. “HAH! YOU AREN’T WORTH YOUR SALT AT ALL!” Immediately it pressed him again, lunging forward to strike him with a reeled punch that would surely send him flying back. But another surprise was up the sleeve of the demon slayer, as crouched downard to avoid the demon’s blow and jab him with the pommel of his blade. While it was still reeling, Sora rose up from his position and slashed downward, cutting cleanly through the demon, killing it. With that attack, the gray clouds began to fade, and he returned to his two handed stance: ready for the next one. Easy… Easy…

Xenoxx Xenoxx L Libero TPBx TPBx

Komakai Yasuda
And so it began...The carnage of a demon's fight was already shifting the feeling of the earth beneath Komakai's feet as blades clashed and cut through demon limbs and demon heads. He watched the air fill with falling ash from the recently killed. From the looks of it, they were all coming from the front...which meant...
Once he realized his game plan, his breaths became invisible, and his legs ceased to stand. Komakai fell into a controlled set of tumbling backflips towards the trees, beginning to go into several acrobatic twirls as he threw himself between the trunks and brambles of the foliage behind the village. Now he was in position, righting himself and regaining his wide stance, freezing in his pose and attuning his ears to what surrounded him. The sneakier of them all would come from behind...creatures who came from behind shifted their weight to their legs in an effort to quiet their footsteps. Which meant the presence approaching him would reach him...now!
"ARE YOU A BLIND HUMAN OR JUST A STUPID ONE?"
There was a clanging ring as the slender, sneaking Demon caught his sword on the side, clutching it with a cocky grin. Komakai only whispered one thing as he used the strength of the demon's grip to throw himself into a backflip while still holding his blade.
"Memento...Mori..." Synchronized with his breaths, as freely moving as the still blowing of the wind.

Breath of The Feather, 2nd Form; Swaying Sparrow
"WHAT'RE YOU SAYING, MONK-KHHHHAAAA!" The demon began to yell and screech as the blade bobbed and bent in his hand until cleaved through his fingers and eventually his entire neck in a single cut. Komakai didn't have to answer the croaking demon, it's lanky, crooked body crumpling before him. By the time it hit the ground it would know what it meant.
No time to sit and ponder. Footsteps, multiple pairs of them were beginning to echo in the distant edge of the village, running in towards the cries that had rung out from the killed demon. Komakai leapt out to meet them, leaping and dashing with his arms and his Scimitar seeming to float on the air behind him as he gathered speed. All of a sudden, it was claws and fangs, heading right in his direction in savage, sweeping attacks. Just as a feather sways against the wind, his blade replaced where his body would be against each attack, even to the point where his scimitar was caught in the jaws of a particularly long-fanged demon.
"WHAT'S THE MATTER, HUH?" It teethed on the blade, but its tempering wouldn't allow it to give way.
Nothing was the matter really, except for the screeching noise his feather-pattern blade made when he ripped it through the demon's teeth, spinning around to smack him with the pommel, then the side of the blade, then the edge. Continuing to swivel around further and further, clashing and ripping and tearing away at the demon each time it blocked one of his advances. Getting faster and faster until his blade got stuck in the demon's neck.

Breath of the Feather, 4th Form; Spiralling Eagle
"WHAT NOW? WHA- WHOOAAHHH!!!" The demon couldn't believe what it was seeing. A human, spinning him up into the air as it cut past his neck, spiralling past him as his head and leaping past his body as his head fell on the path.
"Memento Mori..." was Komakai's only reply.
The last demon he saw exiting the forest? Barely even running towards the Slayer as it strolled towards him, fangs bared and claws scratching at his face.
"REALLY? AN ACTUAL SLAYER? TODAY'S MY LUCKY DAY!" it exclaimed. Komakai only looked disappointed, strolling towards them in turn. "Move...Hurts less..." He wheezed, the demon only cackling and increasing their pace. They were staring each other down, near running at each other just to see who would strike first. But that wasn't the problem here, it was more how he was standing in front of the only exit.
"DIE!" The Demon yelled, running past the Slayer as a glint of light flashed in front of them. They hadn't even realized what happened...

Breath of the Feather, 6th Form; Culling Crow
It was like a peck on the neck as they ran, and the Demon was no longer an issue. Komakai was free to leap out of the forest, rest assured that the thud behind him was the demon he just killed. But, this mission was far from over. He began to leap over towards the main village again, not bothering to sheath his scimitar as he leapt onto a house near Sora's position and nodding to him, attempting to gesture that he'd be staying up there and they'd be exploring down and ground level. Hopefully they could understand the message.
Once they got into the rhythm, they'd be unstoppable in battle.

Spiderverse Spiderverse L Libero TPBx TPBx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back