• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Killing the Magic Snatchers

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
[RP STARTS WHEN, I, THE CREATOR, DOES THE FIRST POST]
There are many creatures and monsters in this world. But there is one that everyone is afraid of, yet, not everyone knows it exists. Those who do know call them Snatches. These creatures feast on those who have magic inside them, also known as a Lillit. There are a few problems though. Snatches don’t know the difference between a normal human and a Lillit, so they often attack both. As well, Snatches appear to be human, they even go so far as doing human things. The more Lillits a Snatch eats, the stronger it gets.
What is a Lillit?
A Lillit is a human who has magic inside them. They are usually the ones who know Snatches exist because they are what a Snatch is looking for. (Some regular humans know that Snatches exist due to friends, family or run-ins.) Magic is located in the middle of the collarbone. Below are the different Lillit options rpers have. There can only be 2 of each role:

Detection – Amazing at detecting Snatches through things like smell or sound.

Healer – heal others from Snatch wounds. Many (not all) Snatch wounds cannot be remedied through a regular doctor. Thus the need of a Healer is crucial. (Know that most wounds can’t just be perfectly healed instantly, but helps the process better.)

Communication – Can temporary connect their mind with another Lillit and let them know of oncoming danger or if they are injured. This helps the Lillit community know what is happening, where the threat is and saves far more people in the end.

Ripper – There is a short amount of time where one could retrieve magic back from a Snatch. (Know that removal of ALL magic will cause death.) A Ripper is able to rip into a Snatch and take back the magic before it is entirely devoured and return it to its original owner before owner dies. This kills the Snatch as well. But the time to do so is mere seconds. If a Ripper is on the other side of the battle, they most likely wouldn’t make it in time.

---RULES---
1. Follow already established rules on RPnation
2. No overpowered characters. It's okay to get hurt, it's more interesting when characters aren't perfect.
3. No Godmodding. We all hate this, don't control characters that aren't yours.
4. (Not exactly a rule, but still important.) You do NOT need to force your character to always be somewhere. Sometimes it's fun to sit back and read a bit. So don't shove your character into conversations with no reason other than attention.
5. (Also not exactly a rule.) That being said with 4, nonetheless, do NOT let people push you away every single time you try to involve yourself.
6. Write at least one paragraph. It doesn't need to be huge, just something to work off of. (More is preferred.)
7. Tag those who need to read your post. That includes people in the conversation or those it could effect.
8. I'm okay with some cursing, but don't go overboard.
Other Notes - notes may grow as questions are asked.
This is set in a fantastical world. There are other creatures in here. Such as dragons, griffins, ogres etc. The age it is currently in is a "steampunk" age. Basically, it's a time where engines have been created, but no cars yet.

A team of Lillits tend to live under the same roof in a mansion. The RP will start with a newly formulated team put into a mansion (home base). Not everyone needs to join right away, especially if we get new rpers later in the roleplay.

Rosen stopped in front of a tavern, put down her suitcase and tugged on her gloves. Her shoulders quaked as the autumn breeze picked up the leaves. The gust of wind penetrated her coat, shed through her skin and quivered her bones. She didn’t exactly mind it. Autumn was always her favorite season, and the chilly air filled her with excitement.

She reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a small paper. On it was a poorly drawn map, with half executed riddles. Rosen read:

Dear Lillit,
The world knows that you exist, but so do they. So keep the place where people drink and eat a secret, so they don’t know the way.

She let a slight scoff escape her lips. The Hallowed Council was never the most poetic bunch of Lillits, but that was fine, so long as she knew where to go.

The footfalls along the cobblestone were strange to her. She enjoyed the sound, the pitter-patter of the feet as they bustled through the puddles of the cool season was inviting. Yet, every person, every laugh, every spoken word could be a Snatch, and that always made the world feel less kind.

Rosen watched the puffs of white escape her lips and then turned over the paper, that last bit read:

2 and then 1.

She nodded, picked up her suitcase, double checked the building and walked in. The placed buzzed with laughter. Rosen could hear people clinking silverware and putting down large mugs. No one paid her any attention. The maiden bee lined for the back. As she passed a short threshold, she knocked on the wall twice, waited a moment, and knocked one more time. Instantly, a door formed to her side. With haste, she opened it, walked inside and when it closed, it disappeared.

And there Rosen was, it appeared that she had walked through the closet door near the living room of the mansion. All teams were housed in these mansions. This was the second one she was transferred to. “Hello!” she called, but no one answered. She was the first one there. She pulled out her pocket watch, checked the time and tapped her foot. The Hallowed Council didn’t even send the room assignments yet, they wouldn't receive them till noon, and it was eleven.

Rosenkilde sighed and put her pocket watch away. “I suppose if tons of people walked into a tavern towards the back at the same time it would be suspicious,” she breathed to herself. She still couldn’t believe that the Hallowed Council chose her. She wasn’t that remarkable at getting to know people, much less starting a new branch in the middle of a town. “Well, we’ll see how this goes.”

(I do not expect this long of a post every time.)
Tagging due to first rp post even if you don't plan to join officially.
_Line 213 _Line 213 Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Gasmeros Gasmeros
Loki The Trickster Loki The Trickster Valkyira Valkyira Saccharine Cyanide Saccharine Cyanide @A-i-D-ee-Crisis Daxlan Daxlan

Last edited:
Anthea pulled out the small note crumpled in her pocket, left on her doorstep earlier that week and re-read it. She could never figure out how to solve riddles but these ones was far too easy, she didn't see how it would protect her location.

Dear Lillit,

Keep our hideout hidden from our shared enemy and travel to the place where the crows come to drink.

She turned her head towards the faded sign, aged from years of rain and snow. It read:

"Black Bird's Tavern." She mumbled to herself.

She felt a chill creep up her neck, she was too distracted to realize how cold it was, she reached her hand back and pulled the hood of her cloak over her head and entered the tavern. Her boots clacked as she made her way to the back of the tavern, weaving through the crowd. She took one last look at the piece of paper in her hand, she thought about how the Hollowed Council had found her, she tried to keep a low profile. She decided to stop thinking about it because she had thought about it enough on her way her with no definite conclusion. She took a deep breath and knocked twice, a door appeared and she walked through, the then noticed a girl alone in the room. She was relieved that she was not the last one to arrive. The girl did not seem to notice her presence, so as the door disappeared behind her she greeted the stranger.

"Hello?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethelbert has received a letter from a courier no less a week early. Upon opening the letter in his quarters and received a note and a black feather, it smelled like the feather been dipped in alcohol. To open the folded note reading,

Dear, Lillit
We must keep toes up and ears open for our hidden foes, as you know. Travel to where a murder of crows feasts, at the highest point. There, you meet your murder.

He turns the note over for anything extra,

The Crow caws twice but cries once

He looks at the note know where it's from and where he must travel Black Bird's Tavern. Taking his tools and his knife in a suitcase and three pairs of his clothing. Taking his coat and leaving his home.

Arriving at the front of the tavern, a cold breeze blew pass making his hair stands and able to see the cloud from his breath. He enters the tavern it was filled with people, it had life, drink, yelling, and singing. Walking through the patrons trying not get noticed to the back of the tavern seeing the wall and notice it had ware on it, under his breath trying to remember the note,

"The Crow caw twice but cries once"

He tries to knock on the wall twice then pause and knock again. A door would appear he would enter and, see two ladies in the room one trying greeting her and other staring off. And start off greeting both

"Hello, forgive me if I'm late"

Last edited:
“You’re not late, the message should be here at anytime with our room assignments,” Rosenkilde said as she stepped forward to the large window in the living room. “There should always be a window open in the mansion.” She reached out, undid the hinge between the two panes of glass, and left a big enough gap for a bat to slip through.

“Usually sleeping quarters are upstairs, while sitting spaces such as kitchens, this room are located. And the blacksmith probably has a building adjacent to the mansion,” Rosen frowned and peered at the two that had arrived. She couldn’t tell what type of Lillit each was, or how much experience both had. “This is the third mansion I’ve been called to, though, it is the first where I am the beginning team in it. I don’t know if either of you have been in a mansion yet, so sorry if this information is repetitive.”
With that, a squeak sounded from beyond the window. Rosen lifted her palm and there a bat landed with a note loosely tied around its neck. She undid the string and the little critter flew back out.

Rosen cleared her throat as she unrolled the paper and read aloud:

Dear Lillits,

Your room assignments are in the drawer of the table in the living room you are in. Each key has a tag tied to it indicating your name and room number. Do not change rooms, action will be implemented if we arrive and you have begun living in an incorrect room. When you do enter your rooms, you’ll find an outfit inside. Tonight, at seven, you’ll go off on your first mission. It may seem sudden, but we must see your teamwork in action, and, we very much need you to attend.

You’ll be going to a ball. It’s a grand ball that has been tradition for centuries between the rich and what ever royalty is still established. These balls always have a good amount of Snatches that get in. Also attending is a slew of Lillits and normal humans. In the past, before the Hallowed Council was formed, humans were often attacked and killed when a Snatch thought they were a Lillit.

This is a perfect time to bring down a few Snatches as well as, like I said, get a chance to see you all in action. It is vital that you are apart of the ball. We’ve chosen your wardrobe, you are to wear these clothes, else the Snatches will know you don’t belong. Rather than you hunting them, you’ll become the hunted.My remaining piece of advice is to dance with plenty of people. It is crucial for detection to be near people and for communication to stay near the detection. And, it is buzzing with people, communication may be tougher than usual, keep that in mind.

If you need any help with wardrobe, hair, style, your maids and butlers dwell on the third floor. Your Coaches are in the front. They’ll take you to your destination.

Best Regards,

-Kyne

Rosenkilde gave a sour face and put the note on the table for others to read as they arrive. “Kyne, aye? That bilge rat is our watcher and messenger?” she sighed as she opened the door and located her key. She was in room 14. “We have about six hours to prepare. What ideas do you two have in mind? What is your Lillit?”

After hearing the letter, and a woman asked a question about the Lillit that he possesses, inhaling he answers her question,
" Let me introduce myself first, my name is Ethelbert Fabre, but you can call me Elbert I am a blacksmith, my Lillit is that of communication, I can prove communication by using vibrations allow me to demonstrate " putting his suitcase down and moving hands forward and clapping. Somehow Ethelbert is talking without opening his mouth,
" The vibrations I can manipulate making it to speech as of right now you are not hearing it, you are feeling it, I am vibrating your eardrum like your voice, vibration itself is sound." stated Elbert, stopped clapping " This one part of my Lillit, " said Elbert.

Picking up his suitcase and walking to the door and locating his key, the 17th room, looking back at the woman "As if right now this is my second mansion If you don't mind me asking, what is your name "

"Call me, Rosen," she answered and examined the man more, thoroughly. She hadn't seen such kind of communication before. To her, it appeared that he was playing an instrument, quite beautiful, though she would never say that outright to him.

She narrowed her eyes. He was in room 17. One always had to debate why people were located in the mansion the way they were. Due to the Hallowed Council, everything had a reason. He was three doors away from her. He had already been in a couple mansions, so the Council had a taste of him, and, of course, of her as well. In past mansions, they were dead set on surrounding her with Rippers due to her lack of magic, it was easy to extract all of hers until she died. This was the first time someone, especially a communication Lillit, was so close.

She was certain that she understood the reason though. He was a blacksmith and she heated metal. There were still spots between them, rooms for Rippers, but if needed, Rosen could be an immediate heating tool.

A tool. Figures.

Rosen pulled down her hat to shadow more of her face as she cleared her throat. "Sorry, even after meeting so many, I'm terrible at introductions."

Joke Joke

Ruadhan felt like he was joining a cult. No really, what kind of crazy ass society was the Hallowed Council? He understood that they had to be secretive, but the crazy riddles, the backdoor passages, it just screamed cult. Whatever, if he was going to go out, being sacrificed in a crazy cult ritual was a dumb good way. Make for a great gravestone.

"Ruadhan. Died as he lived: Out of place and confused about when the goat showed up."

Ruadhan laughed to himself, ducking his head and running his mouth awkwardly as he remembered his was in public. He glanced down at the folded note he held.

A man of straw would see this place and cry. He calls for help from a dead end. His hands are two, and his brain is one.

Fun times. What in God's name did that even mean? A scarecrow doesn't like the place. Ok, cool, whatever. What doesn't a scarecrow like?

There was a harsh caw overhead. Oh. Crows.

So, after an hour or two of birdwatching and birdchasing, Ruadhal found himself at the entrance of Black Bird's Tavern. Shuffling in embarrassment, he entered the building. It was much more likely to be his target than the poor crows he'd been harassing.

He searched the place as inconspicuously as he could, walking into a staff room more than once before finding a dead end in the tavern. Okay, now hands and brain... Uh...

Unsure of what to do, he placed one hand on the wall, followed by the other, both making a dull slap. And after a moment's hesitation he dropped his head on to the wall with a light thunk. Cuz two hands, one brain... On the wall...

It really didn't seem right to him, but low and behold, a doorway appeared. (Though if Ruadhan was crazy, he would say the door hesitated before shimmering into existence. But he wasn't, so he didn't.)

Opening the door, he stumbled out into the main fouyer of the mansion, seeing three others already milling about.

"Oh, uh, hey...” he greeted with a restrained wave. "Didn't mean to be late, I just got... Lost."

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Joke Joke Lydiam95 Lydiam95

"No, it's alright" he replied, seeing that she used her hat cover most of her face, It was a better introduction than others, he met only slobbering drunks in his first mansion reckless they were but did their jobs. It refreshing to see new faces maybe...

And then a young man came into the room waving it seems it was his first time here in the mansion Elbert would greet him " Hello there I'm Ethelbert Fabre but you can call me Elbert I'm a smith, nice to meet you, It seems you had a rough ride getting here."

Handing Ruadhan the note that Rosen had read " You should read this it unveiled the mission and the locations of the staff. "

" It nice meet you, as for right now I will go unpack my belongings in my room and explore the mansions for a bit if you need any help I'm willing to lend a hand." Elbert pockets the key in his coat the mansion seem a little bit empty with only four of them in the room and no distinct smells of an aroma maybe most of the preparations is most for the ball soon.

Heading upstairs it was a long hallway with 15 doors lined up and another hall leading to the other rooms and another 10 across the hall locating his room number 17 he opens the door it simple noting grand closet, a desk, a bed, and a few candles but a window show a view. He drops his suitcase on the bed and unpacking his clothes and placing it in the closet and seeing the suit for the ball. He stares at it for the craftsmanship of the suit. Taking off his coat and dropping it on the bed he exits his room and head to the kitchen.

Upon reaching the kitchen it was empty because the ball would likely have food there and showing on a full stomach is disrespect of the host of the ball not even eating the food his chef crafted for many. The kitchen itself was beautiful with the floors a marble reflection and a wooden table with cut marks shown of use and all of the chef tools neatly hovered over the table and walls.

Going to the third floor with all the staff is it was clean no small speck of dust was shown and the maids were carrying sewing kits and different fabrics and the butlers are getting ready to tailor the suits upon seeing me they were ready to stand up straight and said "Sir, how may we sever " Said one of the butlers " Elbert would reply "Yes, I'm trying to find the blacksmith workshop" The butler answers " It is located the right wing outside the mansion, Sir " he thanks the butler "Thank you" and walked to right side of the mansion.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Gasmeros Gasmeros Lydiam95 Lydiam95

Anthea quickly introduced herself to all of the house members present in the living room with her. She didn't leave anytime for anyone to do anything but say their names, she grabbed her key and rushed down the hallway. She didn't know where she was going, she had just left to get out of more conversation. She had known their names now, that was all she needed.

She yawned, she was tired after a week of traveling. She wanted to get to her room so she could rest before... a ball. She cringed in disgust thinking about it. She hated those kinds of events, she would rather just wear her everyday clothes but she knew that would be unacceptable as this was an 'undercover' mission.

After getting lost in thought, her wondering around had brought her to her room, room 10. She stuck the key in the door knob and opened the door, she didn't bother looking at her room or what she had to wear later tonight (It would only anger her more anyway.), she flung herself onto her bed. She didn't have the energy to take off her shoes, she just wanted to sleep of her tiredness.

She suddenly thought, "Sh!t, I forgot my bag."

Rosen starred at Ruadhan for a few heartbeats, and without saying a word, she picked up her suitcase and Anthea's. She walked past the man, up the stairs, placed Anthea's luggage near her bedroom and knocked. But, Rosen didn't wait for the door to open, she kept moving until she made it to her own door.

She stuck the key inside and looked back and forth at the doors. A detection was on the other side of her, that was strange. Rosen twisted the key and gazed at the door right beside hers. That's right, she was next to door 13. That was never a good sign. Nonetheless, she sighed and shrugged. As she shut the door behind her, she took a look at the gown.

"Kyne, you know me better than that," she grumbled and threw her luggage on the bed. "I hate bright colors, I hate skin showing, I even hate ribbon. The only thing you got right is the dark lace." Rosen stomped over to the dress, spread out the skirt and scoffed. "What Lillit ever, EVER, likes wearing these colors."

She cleared her throat again, hushing her voice. There was a note pinned onto the sleeve of the dress. It talked about the seamstress who made it, the type of fabric it was, the color and shape, but there, at the very bottom there was a note, she read:

You may need help getting this one on, considering that you only ever wear mens' clothing.

She rubbed beneath her eyes. This team was already having a tough time talking to each other, and now Kyne was making her more unhappy. They needed to strategize, they needed to talk, get to know the other, but Rosen was too embarrassed to even speak her last name. She flicked out her pocket watch again. One in the afternoon. They'd needed to leave earlier than seven.

Lydiam95 Lydiam95

Last edited:
Well, that went swimmingly. With everyone gone to where ever, Ruadhan huffed out a light breath. First introductions down, sort of. Maybe. Not really.. whatever. Where was that assignment thing? That was the meat of being a team, wasn't it? Quickly he found the note and skimmed it. Ball, snatchers, hunted, got it. Also, room 18 was him.

Snagging his key, he pocketed it and glanced around the sitting room. "This is pretty snazzy.." he mumbled. The place was definitely more ornate than he was used to. And bigger. The entire room was probably the size of his Aunt's home. Wouldn't it be nice if he could send some money home to help her and his father each get a more comfortable place?

But Ruadhan wasn't entirely sure what the terms of payment were for his services, and maybe it was best he didn't. He was doing this to help protects people, right? Putting a price tag on that wasn't ideal (even if it could make things much easier back home).

Well, time to find the mansion's secrets! Eagerly, Ruadhan scurried across the room, tugging at mantles and pulling books partially out of the shelves in search of some kind of hidden room. Of course, technically, the entire mansion was a secret room...

Last edited:
She heard a knock on her door, she groaned as she got from her slumber, it was not long nap, but it helped a bit. She could sleep all she wanted once the mission was over later tonight anyway.

She opened her door and saw her bag sitting propped up against the wall next to her door, she looked around to see who had knocked and retrieved her luggage for her. She saw the girl who had introduced herself as Rosen walking towards one of the rooms near Anthea. She grinned, Anthea grabbed her bag and quietly shut her door. If Rosen had left the bag and left, she didn't want to talk, so Anthea didn't initiate conversation.

She walked over to a small, dark, wodden desk to find a stack of paper and a pen and hastily scribbled the words,
"Thank You" onto on of the pieces of paper. She quietly opened her door and walked over to the door she saw Rosen walk into and shoved the note under her door before hurrying back to her own.

Once she was back in her room she mustered up the courage to look at the dress she would be forced to wear in a few hours. It was a small dark blue gown with arms that ended halfway to her elbows. She frowned, she hated dresses, she hadn't worn one for years, the last one she wore was to her parents funeral.

She decided to stop that thought before it made her mood worse, her stomach growled, she looked at the clock, 1 pm.
"Not too late for lunch right?" She said to herself walking out the door.

After one turn she found herself back at the living area where she started at the beginning of this, which meant she went in a full circle. She didn't care because right next to her was the kitchen. She walked in and made herself a sandwich, she was glad the cook was not there, she would not want to make the cook prepare lunch for her.

Ruadhan, unluckily, had yet to find a secret passage of any kind. He'd wandered towards the kitchen in his search. Just when he was about to give up, he found one. A small elevator hidden in the wall! Wait, no... It was a dumbwaiter.

He huffed in disappointment, closing the hatch. He placed his hands of his hips and glanced around, trying to find something out of the ordinary. Pots, pans, knives, person, freezer, sink, dishrag... Nothing interesting.

Er, wait, maybe the person was noteworthy. As the kitchen was practically the size of a house, Ruadhan wasn't suprise that the two barely noticed each other. He'd technically met her already. What was the name...? Anna..? Something... Whatever, not important, he could manage without knowing her name. He did it all the time.

She was enjoying a sandwich, which seemed like a really good idea. Luckily, the fruit bowl (that was like a good 5 feet away cuz the kitchen was too big) was fully stocked. Stepping over, he grabbed and apple and bit into it. The crunch did a very good job of breaking the silence, which made chewing all the more awkward in the quiet, too-big room.

Lydiam95 Lydiam95

Fingers tingling, toes wiggling. Rosen felt antsy and far too uneasy. She removed her hat, weaved her fingers through her blood red hair and raked them through to remove snags. The dress sat there, hung on a hook, far to her right. Kyne was right. She hadn't a single idea how to put it on. Whenever she did missions like this, she was the one who always needed help. Every now and then a new recruit came in, needed a good lesson or two, and they were good.

Then came the mission. Rosen brought back her gloved hands and starred at her palms. She was detection, and the only way she could detect was by touching others. That meant at least one, no, both gloves off. Having one would be suspicious. Even more so. Rosen had to dance with others. She'd practiced before, but it had been awhile.

After much sulking to herself, and thinking of way to avoid such a situation, she got up, left her room and slammed the door behind her out of pure frustration. She stomped down the hallway, marched down the stairs and hunted for the other members of the team. As it became apparent that many of them congregated in the kitchen, she made her way that direction. There were no cooks, no maids or butlers. Usually there weren't too many when a new mansion was built either way.

The first thing that escaped her lips, "Okay, we need to make a plan. We don't have much time." Rosen flicked out her watch again as she tapped her foot from the fear that dwelled in her chest. "I was thinking, maaaybe I can wait outside. Wear dark clothes, sit in the bushes and, you know, keep watch."

Joke Joke Lydiam95 Lydiam95 Mqueserasera Mqueserasera (when you join) Gasmeros Gasmeros

The first note came to Dom while he was working. It was at a family owned restaurant, while he was preparing some dishes.

"Hey Dom, a new order came up." His manager said as he slipped the receipt to him through a rectangular slot. Finishing the grilled dragon feet, Dom plated his creation, and took a look at the receipt.
It read: Dear Lillith. That was as far as Dom read before he crunched up the paper to throw it in the trash.

The second note was on a trash bin outside, when Dom came out to take a smoke. Again it started: Dear Lilith. Dominique just blew the grey smoke onto the parchment and put his cigarette out on the paper.

Then the third letter came attached in front of his door: You are being summoned. It read. Dominique let out a crooked smile revealing his grayish back teeth. He put his gloved right hand on his cheek and brushed a bit of his facial hair.

"Summoned, my ass." He said to himself. They must have been getting real desperate, but Dom wasn't going to go that easily. He liked his normal life among the humans, and there was no chance in hell that some know-it-all shit was going to tell him otherwise.

Laughing a bit to himself he took the parchment off and threw it on the ground. He opened his door to expect a messy yet cozy home, but instead he got sucked into a portal and was spat right out into the kitchen of the mansion through the refrigerator door. Dom stumbled to the ground as bits of lettuce and cheese flew everywhere. While Dom was trying to get up, a piece of paper fell right in front of him and it read: told you so.

Dom let out a curse before gathering himself up. He was covered in lettuce and cheese and looked like a complete mess. He looked around to see three others who were conversing among themselves. "They better pay me double." He muttered as he walked towards them brushing off the debris.
AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Gasmeros Gasmeros Lydiam95 Lydiam95

Anthea was enjoying her sandwich when she heard the man that entered the kitchen a bit earlier take a loud bite out of an apple. She was fine with their silence as he explored and she ate her lunch, but this got her frustrated. As her detection skills have to do with hearing, her ears are very sensitive to sound, so the crunch may have been just been a little loud to some, was like someone yelling in Anthea's ear to her.
"You haven't spoken a word, yet, you are still too loud." She said, irritated.

Ruadhan opened his mouth about to say something in return, when Rosen walked into the room and told us her plan.
"For the mission? That would not utilize your skills, we need to think of another plan. Plus if someone finds you, that will be very suspicious." she said walking toward the entrance of the kitchen. Anthea seemed to have forgotten about Ruadhan, and the person... who had just entered the mansion through the fridge.

Last edited:
Anthea crossed her arms and thought about the best situation, after a few seconds she thought of a solid plan. She turned to the others in the room,
"If anything, it should be me and a communication Lilith outside. We could stay outside dressed as workers and once I hear a Snatcher I could alert the other Lilith with me and they could tell the rest of you."

She thought of something else she hadn't payed attention to before,
"It would be bad if I stayed inside as well, because too many people jumbles up my hearing, and I wouldn't be able to tell where the snatchers were."

Ruadhan sheepishly swallowed his bite of apple, considering just tossing it when Fridge Man appeared. A man covered in lettuce, smelling of smoke, and looking rightfully peeved, had popped out of the fridge. Had he been living there? No, that was dumb. And apple hater Anna just completely ignored Fridge Man and went right on talking about the mission. Really, how was Fridge Man not the focus here?

Wide eyed, Ruadhan looked to the other two in the room, not wanting to interrupt apple hater Anna, but also Fridge Man. Was that normal? Was he missing something? His confounded expression easily conveyed his message: W ho the fuck ?? ??

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Diagonal Diagonal Lydiam95 Lydiam95

Sierra La Croix
Sierra was late. She blamed the Hallowed Council. Anything less than a nicely drawn map or detailed instructions in big letters wouldn’t be much help for a girl in her first time venturing into a strange town. Yet, for stylistic reasons and extravagant fashion, they saw fit to let her know her new home through a piece riddle.

There they dine in the name of that which thrive on the death. But yours is the path of none, so greet it twice and once.

Looked up from the note, Sierra wearily stared at the tavern’s wall. She wasn’t that pleased with their demand in the first place. Life in her hometown was great and she would gladly stay there for the rest of her life if the choice was hers to make. Deep down though, she was somewhat happy, it was no big surprise for a young girl to dream of a different life in a different place, to get away from their frugal daily life. But that isn’t something she would dare risk her way of life to get a chance on unless someone makes that choice for her.

Pulling herself from her thought, Sierra approaches the wall. She carefully checked her surroundings to make sure no one was there beside her, less because the caution the council gave her, but more for fear of making a fool of herself if nothing happens. The girl timidly tapped on the cold stone wall twice, nothing happened, but after another one, a door magically emerged from the wall.

Hah, Sierra’s nose got slightly bigger and thought, so I really am smarter than I gave myself credit for.

The mansion interior was nothing short of Sierra’s expectation, nicely decorated and especially clean, made her wonder if even the housework in this place was done with the help of magic. But this front room was empty of people, a fact that made Sierra felt a bit unwelcome.

“Oi!” She called out “Is this how people of the council welcome their new resident?”. The next ten seconds answered her with pure silence. And then, to save her from further embarrassment, the sound of footsteps echoed in the hallway toward her.

“How can I help you, Miss?”

The owner of the feminine voice was a girl in maid dress. Although not a beauty, with soft features and a faint smile always presents, her face was pleasant to look at. The girl’s dark colored hair was left resting on her shoulder, her figure, although slim, was no stranger to hard work.

“I was assigned to live in this place from now on”, grumbled Sierra as she checked out the maid “But I waited patiently in this place a whole minute and no one decided to show up. It’s an understatement to say that I find your welcome inadequate!”

“Is that so” the maid replied with an unchanging tone “We weren't expecting anyone to come at this hour. You see, the designated hour to receive new residents had well passed. It was unfortunate, but unavoidable that our staff wasn’t ready for any tardiness on the resident's side.”

“Hey, don’t you sneakingly blame this on me, if your council had done a better job I wouldn’t be late in the first place.” Sierra was irritated but the maid’s manner was too polite to get angry at. “Anyway, just show me to my room already.”

After checking out the note from Hallowed Council’s representative that was given her, Sierra followed the maid to her room – room 15. The room was as nice she expected, just like the front room of the mansion, and hanging on the wall was her dress for tonight, but Sierra decided to leave it for later.

With the door still opened, Sierra turned to the maid.

“You can go now. Um…” Sierra hesitated, half stepping inside her room. With a pause, she called out to the maid. “I… I still don’t know your name…?”

Surprised, fully expected to receive another order, the maid replied with a bow.

“Oh… right. Rosemary Williams, other maids call me Rose for short. If you need anything else, I can be found in the kitchen downstairs.”

"A worker can't just be standing in one spot, that's even more suspicious. And the rich and royal already have their own guards and people to help them out of their carriages. It'd make no sense for you to stay out. As well, you don't even need to touch the Snatches to know where they are. They just need to pass by you and you've found one, right? That means I'd be useless."

Rosen put her hands on her hips and huffs. Where was that other man, Elbert? Surely he'd agree with her. Well, if he didn't, then no one would back up her idea.

Rosen lifted a finger. "And, you must-- " she went dead silent as she turned her gaze to a man who she hadn't noticed was in the room until now. Brushing off food he was covered in. "What?" she asked aloud and then saw Ruadhan biting at an apple, appearing to be far more bewildered than any of them. Last was a sound behind her, it seemed as if another member just came in.

And instead of introducing herself, greeting the food-ridden man she simply stated, "You guys agree with me right?"

Lydiam95 Lydiam95 Gasmeros Gasmeros Diagonal Diagonal

While walking in the halls towards the west wings seeing that he won't able to reach the workshop in time due to the sky turn to an orange hue outside the windows, so he turned back and back to his room, there was time for the ball wearing his suit to see how it fits the suit fitted like a glove.

"Now, I need to find the others"

Closing his eyes to feel all soundwaves bounce off the walls of the mansion noticing a group in the recent vacant kitchen. Exiting the room with the suit and walking down to the kitchen and would seeing everyone trying to plan, but two of arguing who would stay outside, one eating , another covered in lettece in the fridge, and one seeing what is going on. Sighing,

" Its seem everyone is not yet dress, it the afternoon and the ball is coming up and everyone should get dress up, there's the staff who would help, as for the plan, everyone has be in the ball, this is a undercover mission, we must be cautious with our hidden foe because they look like us, they could be the guest or the workers, if you don't want go into the ball then get ready be assiged a partner I won't pick them but the staff will, also inform the ones who arrive late, So any objections."

Elbert was some reason agitated maybe he was the only person that was suited up or that everyone was focus on diffrent things than the objective at hand.

Anthea thought about what Rosen had said, "You are right that would be suspicious, but we could stand and hand out drinks or take coats. And as for you Rosen...".

She didn't know what Rosen could do, she put her hand up to her chin and went through the situations in her head.
"I got it! You are not useless! You could be used for seduction!" Anthea declared.

She grinned proud of her plan, it was (almost) full proof.
"I could detect when a Snatcher comes inside then the communication Lillith could alert Rosen and the others. Once the Snatcher entered, Rosen would ask them to dance to make sure they were a snatcher and flirt with them, lead them outside and then some of us will be waiting to attack!" She mumbled to herself, not loud enough for anyone to hear more than a few words.

She looked over her shoulder to look at the annoying one and a man she had not seen before, she gave them a confused look. Why was one of them freaking out... and why had the other one rubbed food over his clothes?

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Gasmeros Gasmeros Diagonal Diagonal Joke Joke

Fridge Man... No one was shocked by.... Alrighty, whatever, apparently that was the feel of the group right now. Ignore each other and argue over roles instead of like... Getting to know the person and figuring out where they would be useful and comfortable.

Really, Ruadhan didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable. Uncomfortable people made for unpleasant people, and unpleasant people made for bad team dynamics. (That is, if his high school group projects were anything to go by.) But did he know how to confront the situation? Not really. He was still very accustomed to those older than him taking the reigns.

Apple hater Anna and the hat lady didn't really seem like people persons. And Elbert, the only one who really clearly introduced himself to Ruadhan, was trying to herd cats. A rocky start, in Ruadhan's opinion.

A small huff escaped him, and he bit down into the apple again, slowly, in an attempt to quiet the sound. It didn't work that well.

AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Lydiam95 Lydiam95 Joke Joke Diagonal Diagonal

Anthea heard a loud crunch just as a few minutes earlier, she quickly spun around to find the same person from before with an apple in his mouth. It was a slow, long crunch. It was like he was insulting her. She stared right into his soul with a terrifying look on her face, breathing quickly and too angry to think of anything to say.

This had no reason to be that angry, she was just letting her anger out on the guy, he didn't know her ears were very sensitive. He was just eating an apple. She knew what she was making the wrong choice, but she couldn't stop herself in the moment. She would have to apologize to him later, once she had calmed down.

Anthea never was good at confronting people so she would probably do something like leave food at his door to say sorry. She didn't think she would be able to go up to him and say what she did was wrong. But in the moment she wasn't thinking about consequences and she found the object nearest to her and threw it at him, it happened to be an apple.

As it flew through the air she regained her common sense and regretted what she had just done, less than a second before. Her anger always made her do crazy things. Her eyes widened and she gasped as it was about to hit him.

Gasmeros Gasmeros AEONmeteorite AEONmeteorite Joke Joke Diagonal Diagonal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back