• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Killing Games XX (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Blxrt

social reject
You sit strapped to a chair, unable to move your limbs. Unable to break free.
In front of you is a figure, leaning against the wall. A hood covers their face, thick and black; you can't make out their expression, their facial features, nothing.
"Greetings. You may refer to me as Mr. Kang." Upon hearing the voice, you're able to discern that it's male. You tighten your fists, straining slightly against the restraints holding you captive in the steely chair, its cold metal pressed hard against your skin. "You're here today because you agreed to slay beast in the arena in exchange for your freedom, and for your past crimes to be erased off of your record. To rejoin society, to gain a place back in the regularity of reality. Correct?" You say nothing; the gag in your mouth prevents you from releasing any comprehensible sound. "Well, I'm here to tell you a little secret. You, my friend, are the one I have chosen to place a bet on. You will be my champion. How, you might be thinking?" The voice trails off, and when Mr. Kang speaks again, you can tell he's smiling. "This arena contains beasts, marked as your enemies. That is true; they're terrible beasts, horrible monsters. But they aren't the worst beasts you'll face in that death ring, no. The real beasts, the real challenges... are the other players," he says, growling slightly at the end. Your mind begins to reel at his words, allowing what he's said to truly sink in within your head. "Yes, that's right. You don't just have to kill the beasts; you have to kill everyone around you as well. Now, you might be wondering why I'm telling you this. I already told you; you're my champion, the sole player I've chosen to bet on. You are the only one who has this knowledge. I implore you, use it wisely. Anything goes in this area; befriend the other players, make alliances, romance them if necessary. Do whatever you must to lower their defenses. And once the iron is hot," he pauses, then continues with a voice full of malice, "strike them down, and eliminate your competition. Do that, and you'll have your freedom." You move against your restraints, your muscles aching from the constant pressure applied on them.

"Happy hunting, my champion." With those words, Mr. Kang exits the room through a side door that slides open, and closes with a loud beeping noise after he passes through.

Ten minutes later, the restraints around you release and you spring to your feet, your eyes scanning your surroundings. The room is in near complete darkness, and you can't make out any distinct figures. The door has completely disappeared, leaving you trapped within the darkened box. After a few moments, a light appears in the upper left corner of the room, right ahead of you - you approach it, standing under it and peering up. Whether the light source is natural or artificial, you cannot tell; you squint your eyes against the brightness, and are just about to back away when it happens. The floor below you swiftly elevates, thrusting you into the bright light.

Once your eyes have adjusted, you look around you and are met with the sight of a large arena. The area in front of you holds a large lake, the sunlight blinding as it reflects off of the waters. To your left, there is an area that is reminiscent of the desert, to your right a snowy tundra, and behind you a forest filled with thick foliage and tall trees can be seen. However, you don't focus on these areas too long; your eyes are drawn to the group of people standing around you, their eyes following a similar path. Your fellow players, fellow hunters.

Fellow enemies.

In the distance, footfalls can be heard, and your mind goes to one thing: monsters. Where they are for sure is indiscernible, but they're there.

You take a deep breath, and spiral into madness.

Last edited:
Azra woke up with a jolt, trying to spit out whatever was blocking her mouth. If this is another one of my fucking exes I SWEAR TO GOD-- The unidentified figure than introduces himself as Mr. Kang, slightly calming Azra down. Haven't heard that one before. As he continued, the last twenty-four hours slowly came back to her. She remembered slumping in the dank cell, and signing away the nonexistent life she had to fight for a chance to get out of this hellhole. As Mr. Kang mentions the fact she will also have to kill her fellow players, Azra's heartbeat slows and eyes dilate, even though there was no change in light. A predatorial response. She sadistically grinned, not caring that he saw. This is gonna be fun. She leans back in the cold metal chair as he continues, detailing how he would deal with them. Sighing silently, Azra thought of how fun this would be, and how glad she was she signed up. Soon enough, his voice faltered and stopped. After a seemingly endless expanse of time, she heard a click and felt her restraints loosen.
Letting out a giggle, she wrapped the chains that had surrounded her wrists around her hands, ready to use them for whatever they were called for. She stopped suddenly, tightening her grip as she realized the hysteria was already getting to her. There was a time for that, but it wasn't now. Soon, she was elevated into a bright expanse of light. Looking from what seemed to be the pinnacle of several different biomes, she observed her next victims before jarring sounds rattled her out of her thoughts. Skittling over to the one closest to her, she meekly said, "Uh... Are those the monsters?" She was going to play weak, let them view her as someone who could never be a threat, and when the moment was right, end their miserable little existence.

Last edited:
Jalali blinked several times and shaded his eyes from the bright offensive light overhead. The thought 'This is new...' ran through his mind. He looked around and noted the different environs and wondered where they were to have all three so close, or if it was artificial. Slowly he noticed his fellow players, giving each one a slow look over and a polite nod. As one would do to a neighbor or co-worker.

His stomach grumbled. Making a face he rubbed his stomach absently and tried to recall when he had eaten last. 'Was it breakfast? Or dinner the night before?' That was when he heard the distant heavy footfalls.

"Uh... Are those the monsters?"

He looked down at the small, seemingly sacred girl next to him. "Probably." He gave her one more look head to toe. 'Not much of a physical threat. Probably a black widow type.' He thought. "Which means we are either going to run towards them or away." His hazel eyes looked into hers and held her attention, if she looked at him that is. "Your call little one." He smiled warmly, though something in his eyes did not echo the warmth on his face. 'Better to keep this one close for now.'

Azra tilted her head down and smiled shyly. Inside her blood was boiling. I’m not small. The only thing that’s small is the amount of fucks I give about your life. “Let’s go end these bitches.” She said, unfurling the chains she had and bracing herself for what was to come.

Hale stared blankly at his opponents, facing them on a opposing side. They didn’t look too intimidating, really. He hasn’t no intentions on physically taking them on though. It would be too much work, and eventually they would turn on each other. All he had to do was avoid the beasts, find a nice hiding place, and allow the natural elements to take care of them for him.

Once they were weak and delusional from lack of sleep and hunger, he’d off the ones that were left. Hale was a sadistic bastard, and he was quite proud of it. The young man observed the players closely, scanning every part of them for an ounce of weakness.

Hale didn’t care if he won the game or not, death wasn’t really that bad, he had almost experienced it before. It was just like falling into a deep sleep, you quickly forget about any of the physical pain you have. It would be nice for him to have a second chance at life though, to make things better again, and to finally settle down and have a family of his own. Hale would have to change his ways though if he wanted to do that, and it seemed impossible.

“Best of luck, I hope you’ll last the first night.” Hale called out, trying to seem genuinely sincere.

Azra lightly chewed on a stale piece of bubblegum she had found in her back pocket, staring across the clearing at the man who has shouting. Blowing a bubble and popping it quickly with her teeth, she inwardly laughed as she imagined that's what breaking a bone sounded like. She'd find out soon, anyways. Barking back at him, she shouted, "Nope! Not today." Something about his sincerity and words didn't match to her, and Azra trusted her gut.
She knew what is was like to manipulate, so it was easier to see from the other end. She gently clutched the stranger's shoulder and looked up at him, trying to seem as demure as possible. "Hope you know how to fight," She catcalled to the others, "And try to keep up!" She said, dashing off into the dense forest.

"Let’s go end these bitches.”

Her comment caused his smile to shift to being humorous. "I like that little one." His drifted over the chains and made a note to pick up a weapon of some kind, too at least even the odds a bit more.

"Best of luck, I hope you’ll last the first night.”

The man across the way caught his attention and he waved on friendly instinct. "And you as well." Feeling the hand on his shoulder Jalali looked back to his new companion. "Rugby isn't a non contact sport sweety." He winked and watched her dash off, looking over his shoulder once more before he followed the black widow into the forest.

Bonnie woke up inside her chamber where she was struggling to escape. An individual who introduced himself as Mr. Kang. 'Well, this is quite an odd situation I have...', she thought as she proceeded to listen in on the man's conversation, something about an arena and beasts. She was confused on whether to try to hit the man, or just sit at the chair and wait for death to take her.

She was released from her room and transported to the arena. She saw other competitors who looked much more older than her, some that she was guessing were in their mid-twenties to thirties. She wasn't fond of competition as it was something that she never liked. The pride of humans, thinking that they could win without any help from other is surely something dumb. "Oh my, how delightful.", she said as she spotted a small basket nearby her. It wasn't a weapon but atleast it was some kind of device for storing supplies.

The slim figure awoke with a jerk. If they seemed uncomfortable or surprised they were strapped to a chair they didn't show it. Seymour stared at the figure talking to him merely because the gag kept him from talking. If he could speak he'd tell the old fool to shut up. The only reason he'd agreed to this in the first place was simple. He knew information about all of the gangs in Speindal. If he were to talk to the police for a plea deal it would destroy every single one of them. Obviously the gangs couldn't let that happen. They would be sending assassins after him immediately. It was smart. Something Seymour himself would have done to anyone else in the same situation. So when the guards began making their rounds asking for volunteers it seemed like a better deal. Definitely die in prison or maybe die in some silly arena.

The man kept talking more nonsense. Seymour was barely listening at that point anyway. Kill the other players? Yeah no shit. What a revolutionary idea. The man strapped to the chair rolled his eyes at the sheer stupidity. Once the restraints were released the prisoner stood up casually and rubbed at his wrists where they had been against the metal. "Old fool..." He mumbled to himself as he paced around the room. The other players had never been what concerned him. He dealt with murderers and common thugs every day. They could be controlled. Beasts on the other hand...Seymour was no murderer. He didn't know how to fight. Hell he barely even knew how to use a gun. Just need to assess the situation first. Once I see what I'm dealing with we can work from there. Befriend one of these idiots. Make them do the dirty work for me.

The ceiling opened and the man shieled his eyes from the harsh light. The floor began moving upwards after he'd moved under the hole. He briefly wondered what would happen if he jumped off the rising platform but didn't bother testing it. For all he knew armed guards would just rush in and shoot him. It's what he would do if he was running this whole operation. Maybe feed them to the beasts. As the makeshift elevator rose Seymour took the moment to stretch his limbs in case running was immediately necessary.

Once at the top Seymour looked around. The scenery was strange and the forest seemed like the best location to lie low. Who the hell was going to willingly walk into a desert or snow field? He shook his head and turned his attention to some of the competitors. No one really stood out but in his line of work you learned the unassuming ones were dangerous. You expect the crazy looking ones to stab you. He listened to the conversation involving the female and male discussing the beasts. Charging towards danger. An interesting tactic. Not one he intended to employ. Let the murderers and psychopaths have their fun. As long as they stayed away from him he didn't care.

"Hey buddy." Seymour pointed at the man who had wished good luck to the two that ran off to fight monsters. "What's your story?" He wasn't looking at the man as he asked the question. He instead was searching the area around him for any weapons. Any immediate threats. "You too." He then pointed at the midget girl with blonde hair. "We're in this together might as well get to know each other before everyone gets stab happy."
-------
talking to thefinalgirl thefinalgirl , S Shibe

Bonnie grabbed the basket that she spotted near her. Right as she was about to grab it, "You too.", she heard as she looked around the area for who called her. She spotted the creature, blonde, tall, had yellow eyes, he was certainly a man that was outrageous in terms of living. The small girl didn't like how he looked as it reminded her of something evil. She stood up and grabbed the basket, carrying it to the side while she answered the man's question, "I'm just a girl lost in this world, how about you?", slightly smiling while she put her hands behind her and made direct eye contact to the man.

Interacted With:
Lurker Lurker

Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna
As the man that Azra still did not know walked into the small pocket of field she was in, she held up what appeared to be a small hyena-looking creature, it's eyes rolled back. Swinging it happily from it's noose made of one of her chains, she smiled brightly and said, "Hey, look! I found one~" She said, her voice taking on an almost song-like lilted tune.
Glancing around and tilting her head to the side, she asked, "Maybe this won't be so hard, will it?" Her voice was curious but with an undertone of coldness, her consciousness burdened with the inevitable fact that she would have to kill the others. She was, quite frankly, terrified. She had killed before, but not firsthand. Watching someone tip into anaphylactic shock and weakly reach for their smashed cell is quite different than killing directly, she thought calmly. Hopefully it won't be hard, though I doubt I won't have fun.

Seymour raised an eyebrow at the girl's blatant dismissal of his question. "Lost, hm? If it were possible to end up in a maximum security prison where the only way out was to agree to this game..." The man gestured around them with a hand, his eyes never leaving the smaller girl's. "People would get lost a lot less, no?" Even so he didn't push the girl any further. He shrugged at her question and turned his gaze to the surrounding area.

"I'm innocent. Simple as that. This is all one big misunderstanding. Make no mistake though. I intend to get out of here alive. Want to join me?" He didn't look at the girl after he asked the question. Her answer was only important to see if she would be willing to help him. The earlier he could build a psychological profile for all the other contestants the better. The sound of growling beasts was slowly but surely growing closer. Even so there was no immediate need to move so Seymour stayed where he was.

While the ultimate goal of this game was to kill the beasts, it was not unheard of to kill other players. It had grown to be expected in the past few years, even. It would be stupid to attack your fellow players in the open though. Everyone would see you and know you weren't to be trusted. This early in the game that could be a death sentence for anyone. Besides, there weren't any obvious weapons lying around. If he saw a gun on the ground Seymour would be much more likely to just run away.

"I imagine you're in for killing. Most people that wind up here are. I mean you don't look like you'd get locked up for tax evasion." He spoke to the girl again and returned his gaze to her. It was true and was easy to see why. People like him, that committed white collar crimes had no business here. People that were muderers however believed they could kill anything. As if doing something as easy as killing someone was difficult.

Talking to thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

As he followed the little girl into the woods he Jalali looked around and tried to get a sense the place.

"Hey, look! I found one~"

The cheerfully tuned voice called out to him. "Hmmmmph..." Was the only reaction he showed at the dead creature. After having killed a couple of deadlier targets, the hyena-like creature dangling from the chain did not seem all that impressive. "Good job. If we can skin it and clean it, we'll have dinner." He nodded at her approvingly. Thinking about it had felt on his first wilderness cajoling and having to kill a small cute rabbit. 'She does not seem all that comfortable with the act of killing a living being. How did you do it before I wonder?' He thought as he looked over the rather small rather creature. "Though I doubt that is what is hunting us."

dazzling dazzling

Azra's eyes went wide as she heard a small click not far behind her. "Mhm," She said dismissively. Don't let it smell the fear. Azra rapidly twirled backwards, whacking a creature reminiscent to a scaled bear across it's snout.
1547262744119.png
As it snapped at her leg, she delicately spun away, placing her hand on its ridged back. Placing pressure on the appendages to find any weaknesses, she vaulted over the creature. Lashing her chain whip at its leg, she slid to the side as it charged at her. Throwing it off balance with the chain anklet she had wrapped, she took a deep breath. This is risky... Azra ran towards the beast, snarling as she slid under its legs, sticks tearing her uniform.
The monster swiveled its head around to where she had been. Quickly working in the small time frame she had to pull this off, Azra scrambled up, gasping in a breath as she grabbed its jaw. Clenching it shut with so much force her knuckles drained of all color, she placed another hand on its spikes as she tilted its head up as if to snap the neck. Azra gritted her teeth, struggling as she dug in her pant leg to keep the creature's jaw closed.
I'm not strong enough to snap its neck, so I'll just go with the next best thing. Finally pulling out a whittled-down wooden stake, she jabbed it hard through the critter's coat, smiling slightly as blood splattered over her uniform. She had punctured the throat. Twisting out the stake, she turned around to the man as the creature fell. Brushing the dirt off her shirt casually, she asked, "So, what's your name?"

Hale shoved his hands into his torn ripped pockets, pursing his lips and thinking of a way to respond to the question. “My story? There’s a lot to it. I do know one thing, I messed up from the beginning.” He muttered, shooting a glance over at the girl he was speaking to.

Looks were deceiving, and Hale knew it. No one here was entirely innocent, if they were then a framing must have occurred. The sounds of the beasts in the distance lodged a spike of ice through his chest, his blood growing cold. A small pit of anxiety grew in his stomach, part of him knew he could succeed though. He didn’t want to rely on strangers for protection though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back