• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Kill Nothing but Time | OPEN | Supernatural Modern Mystery

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• N
    SERIES

Kill Nothing but Time

"Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time". That's the mantra that all campers and staff at the Sunnyshores Camp are taught on their first day. However, there are forces in the wilderness around them that don't seem to abide by the same rules...

TV-MA

POPULAR SCENES:

NETFLIX
HOME
PLOT
ROLES
RULES

ADULT

INTRO
"Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time". That's the mantra that all campers and staff at the Sunnyshores Camp are taught on their first day. However, there are forces in the wilderness around them that don't seem to abide by the same rules...

SUMMARY
Sunnyshores Camp for Wilderness Fun opened in 1984 with brand new facilities, sitting in a serene location in the woods and on the edge of a lake. It sported a variety of amenities, including electricity in the cabins, back up generators, phone lines, and air conditioners, as well as allowed campers to participate in many activities like canoeing and archery. Surrounded by wilderness for at least 10 miles in each direction with the only access being a dirt road, it advertised itself as the perfect way to get the kids out of the house. It took very little time for it to get popular and soon many parents were enjoying a summer of peace while their kids enjoyed the camp.

The good fortune of the camp didn't last long, however, and it soon found itself shutting down in 1995. A raging fire had burned down a good portion of the camp, taking out many of the facilities yet somehow managing to die down enough before it spread to the forest. Many didn't make it out of the camp before the fire got to the buildings they were in and those who did refused to talk about the incident. The cause of the fire was looked into heavily at the encouragement of grieving families, but nothing was ever found and it was labeled a tragic accident.

The area remained abandoned until recently, when one of the kids of a staff member who passed away during the first iteration bought the property. The old facility site remained untouched, but another was built on the other side of the lake with new cabins, fire pits, docks, and more. After the refurbishment, ads for the camp were put out under a shortened name, Sunnyshores Camp. While admissions were not quite as high as the years of its prime, it had been a long enough time that people in the area had long forgotten the misfortune that befell the last camp and enough families signed up to allow the camp to open the upcoming summer.

Now that June has come, the staff have arrived to set up for the incoming campers and the kids will be coming over the next two days to get settled in. However, last minute, a small group of researchers and the ranger assisting them signed on to help the camp in exchange for being able to conduct studies on the property. Apparently, there have been strange sightings in the area that warrant looking into.

SPARKNOTES
Welcome to Kill Nothing but Time, a supernatural mystery set in a re-opened summer camp! In this roleplay, players will play as the adults in the camp rather than the kids- the roles consist of things like the cook, counselors, groundskeeper, and more! Roles can be suggested, as there is no set number of accepted players; even the # of people accepted per role is up for debate. People can inquire about playing kids (the camp goes up to age 17), but would need to make a good case for it. The group will follow these characters as they deal with strange happenings in the woods and try to keep the campers and themselves safe.

It will run on a monster-of-the-week structure, with a series of small mysteries being strung together with an overarching larger plot. Other than these small mysteries and the events that correspond with them, players can also have characters wander the camp and the area around it, having the chance to stumble upon clues and tidbits about the camps history and what really happened the summer that it got shut down. There will be secret areas and items to interact with, along with mini-mysteries that the characters can look into alongside the main plot. Overall, this roleplay aims to be driven by characters and allow for plenty of development. If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Roles
Cook (1) - The Cook is the person who feeds the campers. Whether or not they're good at their job is up for debate, but they are the only one cooking the food, so it doesn't really matter all that much. Either way, the campers are eating whatever they serve up. (OPEN)
Arts & Crafts Supervisor (1) - The ACS looks over the arts and crafts cabin! They run the more creative activities for the campers like making paper snowflakes and such. (OPEN)
Recreation & Activities Supervisor (1) - The RAS overlooks outdoor activities like hiking, canoeing, manhunt, etc. (CLOSED)
Medical Supervisor (1) - When someone gets hurt, they're taken to the medical supervisor. Their cabin has basic medical supplies; they're not fully equipped for EVERYTHING, but without a hospital in close range, they're about the best anyone has. (CLOSED)
Groundskeeper (1) - The groundskeeper takes care of different areas of the camp. Cleaning the cabins, canoes, mowing, etc, if it has to do with upkeep its in their wheelhouse. (CLOSED)
Security (2) - Basically making sure everyone is safe and campers aren't sneaking out in the middle of the night (1 OPEN)
Counselors (3) - The younger, usually-college-age staff that watch over their specific group of kids and try to keep them in line. (OPEN)
Ranger (1) - The ranger is around to make sure the researchers of the Project Uregelrett team don't get lost somewhere in the great wild. Know the area like the back of their hand...or supposedly do, at least (OPEN)
Researchers (3) - The researchers specify in some area of science, probably natural sciences like ornithology or something like physics. (OPEN)

Rules
This roleplay is for those who can write around 2 paragraphs; we're not aiming for novella, but a little detail is appreciated! Quality is appreciated over quantity, though.

02. There is no posting order, but players are expected to post at least once a week, preferably more. If you can't, please just let me know; life happens and I'll always be understanding about it. This rule is just to keep the group running smoothly and avoid stalling due to ghosting.

03. Be polite OOC and engage with other players; I want this to be a fun experience in and out of character! While characters can be rude to each other, players shouldn't be. OOC will be on Discord! This is easier for me and I have had a greater success rate with groups that have a discord OOC than otherwise

04. This RP is not first come first serve; I may accept characters right away or deny them (which if I do, you can feel free to ask for me to tell you what's wrong with the sheet so you can fix it). Roles can be suggested by potential members, but there is no guarantee that I'll implement them.

OOC: Here
Lore: here
Character Thread: Here
IC: TBA

Last edited:
Interested!
super interested 👀
omg!!! love
Perhaps interested? 0.0

Thanks for all the interest so far, everyone! I should be able to put up the character thread tomorrow, and if people are interested I can get up an OOC thread or discord as well (just let me know if thats something people want while working on concepts and the like!)

Feel free to message me with any questions or comments!

I go to check group interests thinking "oh im sure theres nothing interesting" and lo and behold..........

Will be crafting ideas n Thoughts abt potential characters 👀

I go to check group interests thinking "oh im sure theres nothing interesting" and lo and behold..........

Will be crafting ideas n Thoughts abt potential characters 👀
That's what I love to hear! As I said in the main post, character concepts aren't restricted to suggested roles, so feel free to throw any concepts you might have at me 👁️ 👁️

Little bump! Still open

Users who are viewing this thread

Back