Advice/Help Kicked a bad user from RP.

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
I've had a shady user who is no long apart of my RP that has been editing in/or parts of their posts, leaving out crucial information about their characters, trying desperately to change things or go against clear instructions I've laid out and being unwilling to cooperate.

I've never once had an issue where I personally had to remove someone from an RP. So I don't know the proper scenario in what to do to prevent further potential issues in this case.

Long story short, they're not in the RP and I'd like to know if there is a way to do something beyond just kicking them as I don't want them stalking my threads and harassing me or others which I don't think will happen but I think I want to know anything I should do regarding this situation anyways since I'm quite unfamiliar with it

I am not familiar with the inner workings of groups but if you've kicked the person out of your roleplay group and they continuously post in the group or bother you in some way, you should report them.
You can also use the ignore feature as well.

Long story short, they're not in the RP and I'd like to know if there is a way to do something beyond just kicking them as I don't want them stalking my threads and harassing me or others which I don't think will happen but I think I want to know anything I should do regarding this situation anyways since I'm quite unfamiliar with it
You can ban them from joining further RPs of yours and you can ignore them (pressing the "Ignore button"). Keep in mind the ignore button only prevents you from seeing their content and them from PMing you, it doesn't prevent them from seeing your content or even posting on it really.

If you absolutely don't want this person being able to see your things, you may have to give up on roleplaying on threads, and may have to try doing so in PMs or offsite. Personally I don't think that is worth it, but I don't really care who sees my threads.

That said, if this person actually comes to harass you or others directly, you can report them to staff.

Yeah if they’re harassing you than you can use the repot feature. I will say the ignore feature only hides their posts from you. So while you won’t be bothered your players might be. I would send a PM to your players going over the situation and telling them to tell you about any harassment the player might cause to them.

You can also tell them to ignore the person as well. As they shouldn’t be able to send PMs or contact you OR your players if you all ignore them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back