• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

a19d2de468ea6045567081a46a837f1e.jpg

Tatsu Kama
Senshi
Interactions: Asahi Enlai( Remembrance Remembrance )
At first, Tatsu tried to ignore the man that approached him. He was a guard, and Xianliang was now a lord. Lords did not talk to guards, and guards did not talk to lords. Even so, he couldn't help but feel the slightest bit of elation at how the Sword Saint decided to notice him. That lasted as long as it took for them to speak. Tatsu's face went from that of a stony cliff face to a thundercloud as he spoke. How dare this man suggest such a thing. He may be a lord now, and he may have appropriated such an illustrious title as Sword Saint, but he saw now what this man truly was. A pirate, brigand, bandit, outlaw. He may speak such fanciful words and make grand assumptions about Tatsu, but he was wrong.

"You dare suggest such a thing," Tatsu hissed through clenched teeth, doing his best to keep from shouting the man down. "I will ignore this one transgression against my Lady's honor and my own. I suggest you learn to keep your mouth shut, and to not meddle where you are not wanted." And with that, he resumed being the resolute statue until the night drew to a close and they were ushered out to their quarters. It was by no means a luxurious sleeping arrangement, his mat and blankets were almost to small for him. But compared to some of the conditions he had to sleep in while on the march, this was fit for a king.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The morning saw him rise wearily but quickly for the summons where he stood patiently for the great Dao to blather on about titles and duties. He was surprised to hear his name called and be given the title of Captain of the Left as well as being given the joint responsibility of training recruits with Asahi Enlai. Last night's events were still fresh in Tatsu's mind and he chafed at the prospect of having to work alongside them. But if things were to go well, he wouldn't have to see hide nor hair of the man. And so he bowed his acknowledgement respectfully and began to organize a training detail. It would have to be drastically different to what he and the Mob are accustomed to, and he would have to see what he's working with first, but he was certain he could whip up the farmers into a decent enough fighting force. And once they were dismissed, he made his way to the Weilang Garrison Headquarters to no doubt be thoroughly disappointed.

VOL. 1-1: A FINER EARTH
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

sample-61702a9441e95303cf7fd02f8bb41200.jpg

Kyungri Dalnim
styled Aera

Interaction:
Nessi Nessi Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Malphaestus Malphaestus Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

Mention:
FiveElemental FiveElemental

Around:
Also yes

Dalnim’s mind had wandered quite a bit during the rest of the evening. Her state of drunkenness as well as disinterest in the royal proceedings left her quite bored. The food and drink was good though, and the company of Lei was what made it truly bearable. The night was comforting, and it evoked feelings of nostalgia and regret. How different her life would’ve been if she had never left home. Her mother and her shared such nights, a warm cup of tea, and some sweets shared between the two. She’d have to convince Lei to follow the tradition… maybe once everything was over.

A rude awakening followed in the morrow, for Dalnim had half a mind to stab whoever beckoned her forth from the comfort of the bed. Rolling out of bed with a half hearted shout of discontent, Dalnim brought a hand to shake her still messy bedhead. The pounding headache did not help in the slightest. A brief call for the servant stationed outside her door, and a message to her retinue was all she said as she dressed and prepared for the announcements of the morning. With the grace of a proper warrior and noble woman, Dalnim went to the Hall of Principles once more.

Seated and waiting, Dalnim watched the proceedings of Dao. The assignments of the gathered masses; it would be the beginning of the next chapter in their story. Many of the first assignments were of commanders and martial leaders, those who would take to the field, bannermen and women to the great Jinlong. Each of those positions given, the honor that came with such a spot, was nothing if not earned by those who would carry them. A sense of pride did fill her heart. These were her comrades, who she’d stand side by side on the field of battle.

When Lei was given her assignment, Dalnim had a sense of dread. What did the Governor mean, by his failure to accommodate her circumstances. Yet the answer came all too quickly. For after Zhu received their task, did Dalnim find her answer. Her name spoken, her assignment given, but the badge burned within her hand. It was a testament to the separation the two would have to endure. She only bowed by reflex, her eyes unblinking at the badge within her hand.

“Of course… my lord.” Dalnim spoke. “Your will shall be done.”

A pit formed within her stomach as she remained seated. The meeting around her would fade from existence. What of the battlefield? Where would she go, what would she do? She was not born to be an inspector, she did not train to handle cases. She trained, bled, and sweated to battle, to be glory itself on the field of combat. It was empty… she realized. Dismissed, Dalnim stood and walked from the Hall.

“I’ll see you in a bit, darling. I need some time… to think… before I go with Mr. Han on this case…” she whispered, uncharacteristically meekly to Lei. Her walk became faster and faster, until she was running. Only did she stop when she reached her room within the Companion Wing.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

f18fda3073f16603a0c869b1edce4e90.jpg

Long Xiyi styled Gao Ying
Wing of companions-Hall of Principles, Orchid Manor- storehouse

Interaction:
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean
Malphaestus Malphaestus
Mention:

Around:
People around

The festivities and toasts continued amongst others clearly some more rowdy then others making it easy for Long Xiyi to gauge who he’d fined easy to get along with and those that might become abrasive. Many in the court seemed to at least know one another. Not that it matter much the serpent scholar preferred that he remained undisturbed for the meantime. eventually such festivities concluded all retiring to there designated quarters. Xiyi taking time to admire the architecture of the wing of companions finding it rather interesting.

the next day was started with the call to a meeting, wasting little time in preparing himself leather armour donned before flowing robes, swiftly making his way to the hall of principles along with everyone else, as each of them where to be assigned titles and tasks to insure their fledgling rebellion didn’t falter upon its first hurdle. Long Xiyi himself being assigned title of siege captain as he expected. Assigned to assist Song Shen in the task of assessing their stockpiles and improving upon the systems in place or making entirely new ones if needed. “I shall endeavour to make sure such matters are dealt with swiftly, thank you for the honour of such a task“ Xiyi replied a tone of confidence in his voice.

once the meeting was concluded Xiyi would head directly towards the storehouse flanked by a pair of of soldiers form his personal retinue, even in this time of relative safety one could never be to carefully, their green clothing and silvery metal armour contrasting the white and gold worn by their charge, sharing in his mute expression. Eventually crossing with Song Shen. As they both made it to the store house more or less at the same time. “Greetings ,no need for any extended introductions, we both know one one another is, now let us get to work” Xiyi said, since the meeting already made sure everyone names where known to one another.

Evening / Yanura, 150 AC

KqVTtnV.png

Asahi Enlai
styled Xianliang

Hall of Principles, Orchid Manor --> Vengeance, Weilang --> Garrison Headquarters, Weilang

dyRL9xu.png

Li Luo
styled Fengbo

Vengeance, Weilang --> Inner Weilang

Interaction:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Mention:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (naturally)

Around:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (probably)

Enlai awoke with bitterness, the night before had his mind shackled and affixed like a man placed onto a large wooden pole. It shocked him to hear the denial of his request towards the Ogre. The Captain could do little with the conclusion he was given and he resolved to let Senshi suffer under the whims of a lady small enough to fit in a coffin with room to spare. No matter, he thought as he donned his attire, he'll show the Ogre what it truly means to be a warrior.

Departing from his room within the Companion Wing, his body recoiled as his hasty awakening brought about physical pains. He groaned, recomposing himself as best as he could. Alcohol still lingered in his body, it was a pain his body wasn't more suited towards the removal of toxins, it was an issue he could fix with the right training if he found the time. Enlai maneuvered towards the Hall of Principles, a place of debauchery and gratification the night before now turned formal. It surprised him to see such a drastic change, or rather that was his perception of it as he imbibed the congratulations and ceremonial practices. He had never been one for rituals besides a few select ones within his family; never had he partook in the customs of his soldiers apart from the heavy drinking of ale and wine.

He entered and almost as soon left after he was given his assignment: to be a bearer of a ridiculous banner and a trainer to the garrisons in partnership with Senshi for the latter. To be those things would be a disgrace to all that Enlai became after he left his family home. He would've asked for a reassignment but the shame it would bring him, as well as the mockery from others, was far too great for him to even try. Again, he resolved to undertake it, he would be no captain if he didn't attempt it. Before Enlai left the Hall of Principles, he turned towards the Ogre, a vicious grin forming on his face.

-- -- --​

"Captain's back!" A soldier yelled out as Enlai approached the ship.
Enlai looked up at the deck, seeing Ni Guang waving down at him. The vessel was in better condition than when they had first docked, truly a testament to Li Luo's ability. He'd have to congratulate him on that later. Enlai climbed up the ladder, making it to the deck and finding every man on the ship there to greet him. "I appreciate your welcome but I can only stay for some time." He walked towards the Captain's Quarters, which was presently occupied by Li Luo.

"Welcome back, Capt--" Li Luo welcomed Xianliang back, standing at full attention until his superior collapsed into the chair parallel to his. "Are you alright, Xianliang?"
Enlai slouched in the chair, side-eyeing Li Luo with full contempt. This contempt was not aimed at Li Luo but instead Dao Chaolong. "I am swell, though this brief bit of relaxation will leave me once I get up, thus I will not."
Li Luo had never seen Xianliang so downtrodden, so lacking in purpose, he feared this attitude would lead to not only his captain's downfall but the ship's downfall. "I do not understand. What happened?" Li Luo's face turned from enthusiastic to curious as he probed the issue pertaining towards Enlai, "Was it something Dao said?"
"It is a mix of issues that I am not willing to divulge except that Dao has put me in charge of training garrison troops and bearing a forsaken banner." Enlai looked towards his quartermaster, a mixture of rage and worry filling his expression. "I have naught trained men who do not seek plunder or glory, much less a wage from a garrison." He spat towards the ground, enraged by the dishonor Dao has shown him. "How am I to convince these men that they are fighting for a worthy cause? Even more important, why have I even gone to this court when they yet even have a proper dock for us?" Enlai muttered the latter part of his words.
Li Luo tilted his head in confusion, "Well did Dao request you to convince them?"
Enlai squinted his eyes and recollected the memories that were the arrangement given to him, "No."
"Then you needn't worry! All you must do is train them to be formidable, as best as you can." Li Luo responded, a smile forming on his face. "On the topic of bearing a banner, I believe I can handle that."
"How do you mean?" Enlai sat up, perplexed by his quartermaster's idea.
"Let us just say that... There is some fun we can have with it." The smile that once rested on his face turned into a grin, his teeth showing like fangs from a wolf.
Enlai rose from his seat, shifting his clothing and moving towards the door. "I trust you with it then, just as I trust you with the lives of our men!"

-- -- --​

Li Luo gave his farewells to his captain before pulling a large parchment out from the desk. What he had planned was daring, likely never done before, but would be the marvel of Jianki and likely the rest of the world. A large construct, standing taller than any man or giant, bearing not only the flag of Dao but a large wooden cylinder above it for the more heinous needs and wants of the crew. As Li Luo drew rough sketches of the construct, he imagined up all the various evolutions of it and what it could bring to a large garrison.
"It's... perfect." The Hanjin said as he looked upon his finished work. He was by no means a carpenter but he'd surely be able to find a coalition of some sorts to produce this monstrous idea. "The marvel of Jianki, all made by me." Satisfaction ran down his face as he rolled the parchment and went out onto the deck. He ushered several soldiers to his side as he disembarked from the Vengeance and made his way into the inner parts of Weilang.

-- -- --​

Enlai approached the garrison headquarters, a newfound sense of purpose and determination stuffing his heart. He would instruct the soldiers on the way of the sword while delegating the Ogre to fulfill the physical activities needed for the garrison to grow stronger and quicker. Senshi was not a man who would lack in his teachings, that much Enlai could assume, so he was sure he needn't worry about his fellow Seijin's part of the deal.

Now all Enlai had to do was find the pitiful Ogre. "How can it possibly be this hard to find a man twice my size?"

VOL 1-1: A FINER EARTH
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

83f4853bc3dcb4d393fb6f1c482e0a73.jpg

Tang Zhu
styled Beitong

Hall of Principles, Orchid Manor

Interaction:
FiveElemental FiveElemental (Master Han), Damafaud Damafaud (Master Cang), Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Shu Jin) Malphaestus Malphaestus (Lord Dao)

Mention:
Passingly mentions the recipients, xAlter xAlter (Madam Kyungi), and Nessi Nessi (Tumen)
Around:
Around everyone else, where do you think?

The celebratory banquet and feast had certainly raised Master Tang's hopes for this hastily assembled yet thoughtfully selected band of heroes, and demons, and legends in between. It would do well for the Viper to engrain the faces, mannerisms, and quirks of his future comrades in arms. Anticipating that he'd have to many waking hours collaborating with such eccentric persons. He did note that many of them had previously interacted amongst each other, in some cases even being romantically involved. Regardless, it soon ended then everyone was shown their abodes in Dao's manor.

Though as much as the gathering brought jubilating feelings, Tang's room did not bloom his plume. "Not everything can be satisfactory." The painter commented as he decidedly removed his facial covering for the night. This too in time could be rectified if it is allowed. He did took a liking to the courtyard, neglected but a profound resonance within Tang's soul. The night bites into Tang and the dreams deemed it so to succumb to their open arms.

As the morning sun shined upon the ambitious noble's home, the Vermillion Viper had already been awake for an hour or three. Meditating on his skills as a fighter and painter. It is then no surprise that with this new day, he had received a summons. He had decided to forego his striking black leathers, for an outfit that would better fit into these types of things. Plus he expected that he'd work immediately after so no use in having his spy attire along with him. His crimson gaze still adorned his head.

With appropriate etiquette adhered to, Tang had once again been in the grace of Dao Chaolong and his right hand man, Shu Jin. The companions were showered with titles and symbolisms that befitted their duties. Not all of them, but enough that the hierarchy could form. He admitted that his role as an inspector intrigued him. Appropriate for one with his skills, though he wouldn't mind for a higher role.

"I give my thanks for entrusting me with such duties. Your will be done." Low in tone but obvious confidence exhuming. He then turned towards the ones that he'd been working closely with. "Master Han, I wish you good fortune with your managerial duties as head of the Bureau." Then to Master Cang. "Master Cang, I have heard of your archery, if your mind is even a tenth as skillful then no mystery will be unsolved." He wished to express camaraderie to Madam Kyungi but noticed beforehand that she had left to... Process this decision. Or so the viper assumed.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

7dcb4a781188c35602f809e1d5974b4f.jpg
Yu Changmao
styled Fèi Hú

---> Weilang fields

Interaction:
No one but the wind.

Mention:
me, myself, and sometimes I.

Around:
The Whole cast it seems, for a time.

His was to be the Keeper of the granary. in truth, after seeing all the new combat roles doled out, all the authority given to those tasked with protecting people... he felt a tad jealous... but.. Such prestiege is useless, if none of them had a empty belly. Such was his job to assure that would never happen. So, he should take pride... And keep those granaries damn well filled to the brim.

He had alot of trouble ahead to be certain... he had alot to ascertain before he can truely get to making this place produce like no one's business.

"I am honored..." he offered, the moment after his new title was given, the fox will bark and the fields will flow ever more with rice, fruits of labors long past and seed sown to grow even more than the last.

Whelp, folks were leaving, time to get to it. last thing he needed to get sidetracked.

He had people to go bother and ears to bend.

And such, without a word more, he left to go to the fields, where his work will begin...

And his pains in the ass can finally fall in line and start administering themselves so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His men were in the fields already, well, men and women, there was always work to be done. Stones to be risen and carried away, soil to be turnt and dug, tools to be taken care of. they knew each of these and more, it was their job to be keen on their work... it didn't however stop them from being lazy.

For all their knowledge, that was the job of the Fox, and like the crack of a whip, his voice sounded out across the land. "You lads better not be taking my SMALL leave of absence as a chance to lay about! Come on! backs into it! These seedlings wont plant themselves! You think that just because it's the harvest festival we're to slack jaw around? Each day these seedlings are not planted is another day they falter! I'll be counting EACH INCH of damned-able stalk of these rice plants by harvest and you bet for every inch their down from the standard I'll give yea three lashings!"

He shouted out across the field, one of the bigger men creened his neck up from his position, he was carefully planting a handful of sprouts in wet soil. His mouth was a sturdy smile, unbreakable as much as his spirit. "Aye boss! if thats the way, you'd best start now and save your wrist!" which got a degree of laughter from from a handful of others, and Yu himself as well. "I'll start on you! Right after I find the ears i have to wringe for my new posting... Now.." Yu Changmao began turning his eyes to the world around the field, trying to spot people who looked out of place, staring at him, or simply have that air of expectancy that all people who have alot to say have...

Hrmm.. they better not keep him waiting..

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

Yang Jiuwan, styled Shangyi

monk-jpeg.941414

Interactions: Zhou Win Sen Celestial Speck Celestial Speck
Around
: Not much.

Yang Jiuwan eats with a content expression on his face, joining in on the feast. Moderation, however, was a virtue, and he does not indulge in drink nor does he quite eat to the fullness that other officers do. When he is given the Royal Guard position, it comes as quite a surprise to the Monk. He had been expecting many things, but a place so close to the seat of power was not one of them.

Still, it was not a position that he would reject. He receives these accolades and responsibilities with grace and serenity.

"Amitabha, I will strive to serve well, in this role."

He eventually leaves for his office, collecting his brethren with him, as he begins to examine various documents. Maps of the city, reports on supplies, and more, and Yang Jiuwan quickly comes to a realization. He could surely recruit men for the westward push. A great many men, even, if he did his duty well. But Yang Jiuwan has absolutely no idea what is actually required for such a campaign. He sends one of his brothers to Dao Chiaolong as a courier, the messenger requesting their Lord inform them as to what men in what proportions is the Lord requesting.

Another courier is sent to Zhou Win Sen, inviting the other man to Shangyi's office for some tea, and to discuss how they plan to carry out the task of recruiting men for the coming battle. They would have to cooperate in order to achieve this task, after all.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

2fbe5a0d105cec684a70fa8f3743a0d2-Copy.jpg

Zhu Xuexia
styled Lianjie

Hall of Principles -> Courtyard, Orchid Manor

Interaction:
Nessi Nessi Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Malphaestus Malphaestus

Mention:
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck xAlter xAlter

Around:
Everyone else

At the first sign of dawn, the girl stirred from deep sleep. A pair of round, robust shoulders rose from the comfort of soft beddings, though naked of armor and deceptively frail in the dark, once erected they became unmistakably those of a warrior. But for a good while, that sturdy frame was still, in search of lucid thoughts. Then, unexpectedly, where and when no one’s ears were present to notice, the sudden breeze of an unarrested sigh escaped and sounded almost despondent. Though the room was unlit, her face darkened.

Her mind was wandering over to the night before, during the banquet that had fouled her mood. When, for all the insensible reasons, she had silently made harsh condemnation of the new subjects of her lord. They, of foreign homes, alien minds and doubtful stocks, seemingly amounted to little more than vanity seeking mercenaries in her judgment. It is in such places that treachery, corruption, and worst of all vices: cowardice, are born.

She was not so naïve as to dismiss the benefit of number in realizing an ambition as grand her lord’s. And she wished nothing more than to be proved wrong. That all those people, though strangers at first, could become close comrades in a shared cause, a unified family to one father. But her sleep should be troubled so long as her lord was without a firm, loyal hand to suppress bad seeds before the hour of treason. And of all tenants, advisors, relatives and multitude sworn servants to Lord Dao, no one but herself she had found trustworthy for the task. Would that she had the jurisdiction, then finally would she be able to find the peace of mind to venture to the battlefield! But upon her proposal, it was proven once again whose voice hovered most close to the throne of her lord. She had not expected permission to march upon Hanjun, not in a place as disorderly as a banquet, no war council that, but she had expected to be rejected by the word of her lord. Before a certain someone at least.

Quietly she slipped to the ground, washed her face with the cool water the servants had prepared since last night. Unpleasant thoughts were forcefully cleared away in preparation for her daily exercise. She knew only one way to improve the current situation regardless: to train harder and harder, and try the hardest to be of use to her lord. No matter how futile the effort could be. In a simple brown tunic, she emerged from her room and walked in the direction of the Hall of Honor.

In the Hall of Principles, Xuexia stood quietly at attention. She had on fresh garb, not quite as fancy as the one yesterday, but still plenty presentable. The moment Shu Jin announced that titles would be assigned to Lord Dao’s subjects, her expectation was at once set to one most desirable assignment. None suited her more than the position to lead the vanguards, of course. Anyone with half a brain could realize the fact; she was made for the task. And herself favored the foremost spearhead of the army, a place most perilous, but in which glories to be earned are unmatched. Where else could she serve her lord better? Surely none. But that expectation, that great hope and desire were soon betrayed.

The girl glanced at Zhou Mengyahi. A frown was visible on her face, for which she made an effort to mask her true feelings, an art that ever eludes her. An unpleasant scowled marked her young, impressionable visage, visibly to anyone who cared to look her way.

Yet even in that moment of discontent, she had not the heart to judge the man without fairness. Out of all the people presented, Zhou was one warlord who had gained her respect, they having fought alongside each other in the battle against Dao Ren. There was almost no flaw to be found in his character. Such a man did not deserve her animosity. And yet it was a bitter defeat.

Her turn: Deputy Commander of the Wyvern’s Gate. It was no doubt a great honor, being granted personal troops from Lord Dao himself. But honor is one thing, opportunity to contribute is another. She hadn’t a very clear idea of her role in the coming warring effort. Was she to be the head of a ceremonious troop to be kept by her lord’s side? Or something more of a specialized force for extraordinary duties? She could only be certain of one thing: it was not her place to ask, not now. A dutiful servant needed only to be grateful for her lord’s decision.

“I am honored, My Lord,” she answered simply.

Then when all was said and done, Xuexia held firmly the grey cloak and the sword in her hand, only passingly thought of how its color would match rather well with her black lamellar. On approaching the newly appointed Captain of the Right, she noted a passing woman’s brief exchange with Tumen Batu. This gave Xuexia a pause. When Aera was gone, Xuexia presented herself to Batu with a bow.

“Master Tumen. To fulfill the mission our liege has given, I propose that we set out without delay. I shall be waiting for you in the courtyard should you wish to discuss further details.”

She made her exit. Long strides carried the girl past the halls to the courtyard. She was eager to prove her worth in a swift manner, evidently in her light steps. And if need be, to test this new captain’s mettle. Parts of her, the not-so-subtle ones, hoped for a skirmish, in spite of her lord’s anticipation of a simple reconnaissance.

In the courtyard, she sought a messenger to bid a message sent to her residence. Ever vigilant and disciplined were the Ebony Vanguards, she had confidence they could set out within the day. There was still the matter of Batu. She knew little of the woman, only that she had not the look of a coward. She also looked like an Orin, and if indeed she was one, her retinues shouldn’t have any trouble catching up with Xuexia’s own. The matter of discipline, however…

In wandering among idle thoughts, Xuexia reflected on Batu and Aera. She had noted how intimately they had acted in each other’s presence during yesterday’s banquet. Close friends perhaps. But friends don’t look in one another's eyes that way. No, there was something more than that. She thought it over. Then nodded. The answer came to mind rather slower than it should have. But when it came it made perfect sense. Why, the two could only be siblings! As for the matter of appearance, she knew from first-hand experience that some Orins did take many concubines.

Her heart caught a twinge of envy for the two. It prompted her to unconsciously raise her wrist. The cord bracelet touched her lips and had a gentle effect, warm and calming like the embrace of a long-lost loved one. The incense she had used to infuse it was the only luxury she ever allowed herself. And her late brothers, the pensive sadness memories of them carried, were the only regrets she allowed in her heart as a servant to Lord Dao. Just then, if only a little bit, her zeal for battle was not burning so fiercely as it was moments before.

Last edited:
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

imagine-yoriichi-tsugikuni-sempre-com-voce-21162898-031220202205.jpg

Zhou Wín Sen
Méngyáhi

Yang Jiuwan's Working Space

Interaction:
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe (Yang Jiuwan)

Mention:
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Shu Jin) Malphaestus Malphaestus (Dao Chaolong) xAlter xAlter (Kyungri Dalnim) Mqueserasera Mqueserasera (Zhu Xuexia)

Around:
N/A

The stars themselves are ambitious. Standing above the earth, who both worship and scrutinize them thanks to their vain nature. He had seen it, naturally -- the grace of these stars now standing betwixt them, his allies. It didn't become immediately clear when they had first met in the Hall of Principles, drinking and celebrating the night away. (even if he stood in silence) But, when the next dawn came hand-in-hand alongside Lord Dao's summons, he could understand that vision a little better, after all. Lord Dao's eyes were his own -- blessed they may be for being able to see so much with so little in hand -- and as such, he could see inspirations and latent talent.

And without a hint of a doubt, Méngyáhi's was seen. That little thing -- a spark of a master that yet not found roads.

They were all talented, of course -- undoubtedly so. He could see Lord Dao's vision, if only via compassion and emotion. But the fact he was first to be assigned a role, even if meaningless, made him shift in his place. His facade did not dare break under his Lord's gaze, but a kiln had formed inside his headspace -- memories of days past in his gentle home, a future yet not defined but held with conviction by his elders, whispering and nodding along to his progress. 'twas neither a pleasant nor an unpleasant feeling -- it simply was yet another reminder that he cannot treat this lightly, even if his heart didn't catch ablaze like his other companion's.

He silently bowed his head to Lord in Metal. A quiet man with quiet convictions he was, his actions spoke louder than words, that much Lord Dao certainly knew, if Weilang's conquest was anything to go by.

The rest were rightfully put in fitting positions, others perhaps not so much, not having yet had their cores fully understood. He had little to add or react to, their pride was theirs alone to hold onto, and theirs alone to share it with others if they so wished. As such, he had little to no right to speak his mind to it -- however, Aera's reaction was caught by the side of his eye, the fleeing sparrow, wounded by a force greater than arrows. It was an omnipresent force, bound to ties with this earth and those who stand over it like Gods and men alike: yes, indeed, a force not unlike Heaven; love itself.

He considered checking on her as simply a way to see how such news affected her, but he refrained. Little story existed between and forcing such could make the wrong idea of his motives be born in its stead instead. As such, he let that fleeing sparrow go.

Silently, he was dismissed, and long before Shangyi had sent him one of his men, another gaze was offered to Lianjie. Silent like a phantom he was, he offered a curt nod to her. One might mistake intentions, but Wín's being was pure as water: there was respect.

"Master Zhou?" A bald monk spoke, bowing respectfully to him before any words could be shared between the two; "Master Yang seeks you in his office. Preparations must be made for Lord Dao -- surely you understand, yes?"

"...surely." Surely.

It beckoned him, the spirit of lightning, towards the monk. The courier spoke naught a word in silent respect towards the man behind him. And Wín's itself -- himself followed suit until both found themselves standing before the entrance to Yang Jiuwan's working quarters. The courier knocked once, twice, and thrice, before stepping back and announcing his presence; "I bring Zhou Wín Sen, brother Shangyi."

Wín Sen hummed quietly, tactics running in that endless mind of his, and wonder of how to fight back against adversity growing. Lord Dao's trust was not misplaced, but he could not betray it, either.

Last edited:

• VOL. 1-1: A FINER EARTH
    Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

80fe6d5433c6012c278bf8eda2a08264.jpg

Cang Aili Si
    styled Chienying

Orchid Manor --> Bureau Office

Interaction:
    Master Song, Tang Zhu, Shu Jin, Lord Dao
    Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Malphaestus Malphaestus

Mention:
    Master Han
    FiveElemental FiveElemental

Around:
    Everyone else at the Hall

As soon as her head touched the bed, Aili Si drowsed into a blissful sleep. The beautiful evening had flowed like the calm river of Fuju, reaching the ocean before one could think twice. How pleasant was time spent with a man of such culture and presence of mind. Indeed he had been more receptive to conversation than she usually was, chalking it to the excitement and wine they shared. Ah, even now as she lulled asleep, she dreamt of the conversation earlier! Eh? Controlling one's dream? Surely everyone could do so. Again and again Aili Si sighed beautifully at their blessed time together. Of the stories he narrated regarding his travel to Weilang, his fateful meeting with Lord Dao, and naturally, his progress in cultivation. Blissful!

The sun had just arised when Aili Si awaken. She had instructed the servants to avoid her room, for she was not used to being served as a member of the Jianghu. Of course, all was to conceal her gender, vulnerable when she removed her disguise when going to sleep. With cold water she asked the night before, Aili Si prepared for court.

Chienying answered the hall summon in the clothes he usually wore to attend exhibition duels or matches. He held his hair up and the clothes, despite its relative flamboyance, did not restrict his movement. He scanned his eyes across the hall for a flash before focusing his attention at the Lord. However, that brief glance was all he needed.

Heavens, men in uniforms are the best.

His fantasy did not run as wild. To show disrespect by being late to answer when his name is called would be detrimental to his reputation. Chienying had all the intent to show utmost loyalty for the Lord. Just look at the quality of men surrounding him! If she was kicked out of incompetence, she would be vomiting blood. Even if it was just for Master Song- no, especially because Master Song was here, he must work harder! So he could continue meeting that gentle scholar!

With firm determination, Chienying received the badge. "Your will will be done," he echoed Master Tang's response, stoic in his answer. He merely saluted at Master Han, with Baitong's greetings suffice for them both. The rose-tinted world of Aili Si never left the confine of her mind. Chienying, to everyone, was a young heroic archer from the Jianghu. A bit distant, but there was no mistaking the strike of passion in his gaze nor the determination in his every move.

Thus, he nodded slowly at Master Tang. Tang Zhu's mask was a blessing for Aili Si. No face to focus on meant less chance she would be distracted. "Please call me Chienying. I'm more used to it." He paused. "I know not of your skills, but I wish for our good cooperation as well."

As the new inspectors left the Orchid Manor, they ran into a large man, running forward with a huge grin.

"First Brother! How was it?"

Chienying nodded. "The Lord has appointed me as an Inspector."

He flashed his badge, which widened the man's grin. "Haha, does that mean you will be the one asking people if they are suspicious now? And..." his eyes turned toward Tang Zhu, as his words trailed off.

"This is Master Tang Zhu. My new colleague. Master Tang, this is my Third Brother Leilin."

"Honoured to meet you, Master Tang!" Leilin saluted enthusiastically. "I'll go back to sleep now. I woke up early to see First Brother left, so it's all good that he's fine...!"

After parting with Third Brother, the inspectors continued for their destination; the Bureau Office.

[/font]

Last edited:

H3p8xXQ.png

Dao Chaolong
styled Jinlong

Orchid Manor
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe
xAlter xAlter
Nessi Nessi

The snow that had fallen, was now thawed and bare; through the treading of the ox and horse, and the maneuvering of the ordinary peoples, it had cleared. Whilst new flakes rained in intermittence, not for long would they remain, and thus all was dry and easy to inflame: winds of Chen at the rein. From dirt we came, and so too shall we return all the same. All would be one; peace to reign forever, once again.

The Governor, Dao Chaolong, whilst lost in thought though never in detachment, would carve upon fashionately emblazoned and ornately decorated bamboo slips, to free his mind from needless excesses; dividing reality from the immaterial, and beauty from ruggedness. He partook in the excesses his uncle had accumulated, yet saw in them little difference from the rudimentarily from whence all illustriousness herald. Even so, he must retain regal appeal, not to his officers, but to all others, lest his foundations for governance be shaken, steadily, and slowly, until the tumble at last initiates, unto which it cannot be ceased. At his side, his greatest. Not Shu Jin, for whilst he was always at his side when all must conjure, beyond those periods, he had much else to keep himself to. He had taken on many roles, to his lord’s benefit, whilst the Governor was yet inexperienced. Indeed, it was not Shu Jin, instead a staunt truant to warriordom: not in stature nor muscle, of height he was no giant, and of brawn he was no mountain cleaver. But what Yongliang did have, was excess of the median in all factors, and knowledge of all matters in equal proportion. For, whilst they may not be equal a contestant to the mightiest of Dao’s duelists and warrior-savants, nor a rival against the others’ mental might, he was nonetheless second to all of them in their preferred field of expertise, or so Dao would have spoken. And therefore first in importance, in the eyes of his master, at least. Guo Zhiqiang, courtesied as Yongliang, a man attaining age in such factor as to be irrelevant in future passage, much to the benefit of any sprouting ambition, in addition to embodying the bountiful fruits of his experience in military fashions for three office successions, from Yanjin, through Dao Ren’s ineptitudal lordship, and now onto the Jinlong. The shrewd Governor had no qualms, he could see far and true, through what mattered most to the now Captain of the Steel Dragon Pagoda, and as Jinlong raised his eyes to meet Yongliang’s domineering gaze, like the stars observing the worldly root, the ‘false dragon’ manufactured a most unsettling grin, and the old warrior trembled slightly. A face to which Yongliang was capable of doing nothing to affront, and upon him instead formed a deep and darksome scowl. Yongliang would grasp his fist with strength, and look upon the blade of his Guandao held against the ground. It’s edge appeared attractive in immensity, and the swiftness through which the deed could be done was truly incalculable. Yet, within Yongliang was a spirit which would rein him in, and his darkest, most self-serving thoughts were barred from their displayal. He once more looked down upon Governor Dao, and was frozen. As consumed as the Governor was in his own bamboo carving, he was not aloof nor dismissive of happenings, and made grave effort to comprehend all that happened in his surroundings. He saw far, and looked deeper, and saw all that Yongliang had displayed for him, for whilst he had carved, he had also gazed through his retinue captain’s very essence. And to that, Yongliang offered his cold sweat as sacrifice. The Governor obliged the offering, and Yongliang was visibly shaken for all to witness, were there any to share this moment between the two of them.

Locked within the innermost sanctum of the palatial estate Dao Ren had erected in his own image, since captured and outfitted with greater pragmatism by his forceful successor. Yongliang was all too aware the kind of man the ‘False Dragon’ could become were he simply to reveal it, for Yongliang’s circumstances were different from the vast swathe, and he had seen Dao Chaolong’s carefully masked ruthlessness as a recipient of it, though invariably through the faces of individuals such as Shu Jin and his intellect, and all else that the Governor could employ. Even so, whilst held within this comfortable space, table centered in the midst of the room, and finely tended-to carpentry enlivening the visual texture highlighted by swaying lantern flames placed throughout, anywhere beyond it seemed greatly compelling. The Governor had summoned his personal retinue, of which Yongliang now amounted, and even led. Circumstances naturally confusing for such a rooted persona as his. Thus, proving purpose had become an impossibility for the aging man, for the thoughts of the inconceivable cannot be known lest they, themselves, had conceived them. Still, it made the man think back on time- as they both stood there, exchanging in silence, speaking many lifetime’s worth in nothingness- of how Yongliang had ended up in this employ.

The days had just dawned upon the age of rebellion, and the strife which had long been absence from these hallowed Dao lands, surfaced due to the ineptitudes laid forth by the one who preceded it; when none is handed the rights of the crown, all assume they are its recipient, and through such, schemes emerge, and so it did. Yanjin, a genius one seldom witnesses through the course of many generations, had built a great peace, and fashioned a wealthy and prosperous people. But Ren saw it owed, and initiated a vast conspiracy which permeated the roots of all Weilang’s fibrous expanses. The child of the great prodigy exiled, with circumstantial additives, and it had been Yongliang’s duty to find a fittingly secluded space for the child to occupy until it was no longer a societal taboo for him to be executed. And, as flawed as he was, he obliged, and sat all of this into motion. Yongliang bears many curses, going so far as to alleviate others of them solely so that he, himself, may bear them, however this one was beyond his fathom, and beyond his power to rectify. Even so, when the dawn came upon Weilang, and the revolution had finally amassed at it’s gates, he was the first amongst the commanders to propose their plans of battle, going so far even as to lead them from the front, the east gate, which would see the brunt of the Usurper’s martial force. But he was turned away, one of many times. His karma had amassed, and his silence and admittance to faults would bury him within the great halls of Weilang’s military headquarters.

Once the gates had been pierced, and the fighting had resumed to the streets, panic sat itself deep into their flesh, and it’s fangs were too great for many to handle, and the deaths amounted steadily. Dao Ren, a man of poor character, sought relief, and self-perished within the gold-ladened halls of his personal treasury. Where his wealth would accumulate as he taxed the people within excess of reason. And now, with nothing to stand up to, and his plans for battle dismissed at every turn by the ambitious and the fool-hardy, Dao’s peasant revolutionary army had begun to set the headquarters ablaze. Yongliang proceeded to the vast office’s courtyard, and engaged with Dao Chaolong in conflict resolution, but failed with pittance. And pittance was awarded, so long as those most capable reunite with the region’s legitimate face, and align their wills with his own. Yongliang, who’s loyalty to the dynasty of Dao was the only thing greater than the responsibility he imagines he bears, relented, and the Headquarters, now ash and ruin, was spared from massacre. Though far removed from any of the battles which Dao Ren and Dao Chaolong had warred, he was nonetheless an enemy to many, and thus it came with great questioning when the man, born of the enemy, was permitted entry into the new Governor’s immediate personal employ, and, even in this moment now, where the two men share the same air, he could not wrap himself around it. Nervousness set foot, but he was too great to shake under its influence, perhaps his dogged will was the testament to which his life was spared, and even taken advantage of.

“It is none of the sort,” Dao Chaolong worded, keenly aware of Yongliang’s internalized dialogue. It was words spoken softly, accompanied by a most soothing warmth emitted not solely from the extent to which his lips reached, but also the luminous aura which surrounded the Governor. Yet, Yongliang could not help but seek deeper into this apparent magnanimity, and as such, he would soon be rewarded: “your curse,” Dao resumed. Looking up from the bamboo strips upon which he had carved and pointing his right hand towards Yongliang’s steely heart. And it would beat, irreverent of rhythm, as Dao spoke forth. “Though it is nothing so illustrious, nor magical, as you would lead yourself to believe, Yongliang.” Jinlong would then resume his gaze upon his carvings, and return to the tools with which to fashion the sticks with imbibed meaning and purpose. Indeed, Dao Chaolong had a fascination in bookmanship, and the crafting of knowledge. Yongliang, complex as he was then and there in emotion, could not help but be surprised by the technique which his lord utilized to carve the strips. An iron quill, fully-molden, pierced and tore into the bamboo’s delicate yet rigid surface, and drew through its surface finely fashioned letters. In the moment, Yongliang saw something beyond expressionable words, and realized something no doubt Shu Jin must have already recognized within the Governor. For as off-put he was by him, he was nonetheless deeply engrossed, and this surprised him.

“My curse, your lordship?” Yongliang pried, seeking to question the depth in which Dao Chaolong could ‘see,’ and how far he could recognize. Dao Chaolong retorted in swiftness, illuminating his new retinue captain of his own ability: “you walk amongst man, but recognize in truthfulness that you are beyond most, and below few,” the governor began, his eyes still affixed upon his craft, but his mind in-tuned with the play at hand, and as such he continued, “so you believe, indeed, that what you ought to do is aid those which require it, and thus your chain was forged.” All too familiar with the strength of conviction, it was not Jinlong’s place to ridicule nor belittle the man who would stand by his side for a veritable eternity to come. But he nonetheless needed to reveal his foresight, and force recognition into his adjutant beyond the ordinary, as Dao Chaolong strove for something yet undone throughout history’s spanning. “First you pledged yourself to noble causes, an eternal ally to the dynasty so long as it upholds itself, but then it could no longer.”

“No place, society, or culture is beyond schemes, and so too did my ancestry fall to it: Dao Ren. Then you were bound to him. A natural transference, if saddening,” and a frown was born upon Yongliang’s face, accentuated by the never ceasing smile of his next master, one which he would need to analyze as the years went on, and fashion an understanding for. But Dao Chaolong cared little, it seemed, for the Steel Dragon Pagoda captain’s time in reminiscence and contemplation, erring onwards: “you then joined me, with little opposition. It stands clear where your allegiance lies; with a family, as opposed to it’s leaders. Not to me, nor Ren, or my father, but to the name we carry, and for that you are still here with me. And will be, forever.” Yongliang’s eye twitched; it was all so correct. Placed into such unenviable circumstances by little more than moral folly and contemptible creed, Yongliang could not help but bellow, within himself, an exhaustive laugh, though little apparent to his lord, who nonetheless gazed upon him confidently: “and that is why you are where you stand now, for I know you have trapped yourself here in eternity,” Dao concluded, having finalized, if for now, his thoughts on Yongliang’s place within his employ. Truthfully caught aback, Yongliang grew docile and silent, the vastness of his character meaning little to the feeble-bodied master of Weilang, though the force through which he molds bamboo spoke little of the truth. Dao’s will almost too vast, and too strong, for such wood to contain.

Still, Yongliang, having gleaned truth from Governor Dao, was now, if only slightly, eager to hear the reasons for his arguably strange placement of his retinue leadership. “Tumen Lei, your lordship,” Yongliang initiated, his hand firm upon his Guandao's pole, though yet loosened, realizing that the darkest nature he embodied would merely defeat his own purpose were he to commit to them. “And her wings, Kyungri Dalnim. Is it not folly to tear them apart so soon?” Having grown expectant of the young governor, in the eyes of Yongliang, a character wise beyond his years, he desired an answer. One Dao Chaolong was more than willing to proffer: “to join in union, is to join in defeat; as all upon Weilang should know by now, I seek neither defeat, nor half-accomplished victories. I aim for an absolute- an absolute of peace,” Dao Chaolong initiated strongly, his words, though soft, mighty enough and bold enough to raze the light of one of the candles filling the room itself. “I desire to empty a lake, and for that, I will require two pots, as opposed to one.” Yongliang began to contemplate his masters' words, and found them reasonable in immediacy: were they to face seperate tasks, then such is the same as draining the lake with two pots, as opposed to facing the same task together, and using only one.

It was no sagely wisdom, truly, for it was simple to grasp. Yet, it was too simple, in equal regard, to miss: too obvious to recognize. Yongliang felt his animosity towards Dao Chaolong loosen- they had seldom met sans the revolution’s conclusion- and desired to converse further with the Lord-in-Metal whilst he yet could. “I see. You must, then, have recognized-”

But they were interrupted, in Yongliang’s thoughts rudely, by a servant’s words accompanied by thrice-knocks at the room’s entrance. Dao Chaolong, in his impeccably samely visage, urged them in. The servant, accompanied by a monk no doubt in Yang Jiuwan’s employ, granted the brother of the silent temple to speak his message, to which Dao grew a radiant grin. Yongliang clenched his fist in irritance, looking upon Governor Dao, and then back upon the courier. The Steel Dragon Pagoda’s enmity was as vibrant as Dao’s beam. “A street’s worth in distance is seen as adequate for pigeon by the temple?” Scowled Yongliang in poor taste, friction evident. Dao Chaolong raised his hand patiently in response, however, and strode up from his seat and swayed to stillness ahead of his table before addressing the question.

“Yang Jiuwan is wise,” the Governor began, exchanging eyes with the monk as he furthered. “There is indeed a multitude of people within this domain, and far too many to recruit without thought nor strategy.” Jinlong placed his hands behind his back, and strode through the room in contemplation, and in observation. He felt many thoughts as he spoke, but made none obvious. However, he would raise one finger upwards, pointed at the roof ahead of him, and proposed that “there is no man nor woman who cannot overcome opposition, should they must.” It is within human power, rather, any sapient creature’s nature, to seek the future. So great can such power be, that what may seem a loss, under the influence of this ‘will for the future’ can turn endless tides.”I submit to the Monk this:”

Dao Chaolong paused, both in speech and in motion, for the purpose of gravitas. Even so, it was evident, and natural, for it was not without purpose, but rather drowned in it. “Assuming there were a special breed of people which would suit our conquest, who would they be?” A question without answer is an answer unquestioned, though it may not apply in its entirety here, all who witnessed could no doubt tell that, in the very least, Dao Chaolong wished to witness the actions of his newly obtained officers, as opposed to proving them of what he, himself, is capable of. Were the worst to emerge, and the purpose of these trials to become redundant, he had measures in place to safe-guard the invasion of Hanjun. Though the same would not always apply. And with that, he swayed his garbs towards the monk, who no doubt understood, bowing and leaving within one finely practiced motion, the piercing friction which heralded from Yongliang buried upon the monk’s back.

Last edited:
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

Face_claim_for_Saber_man_edited.png

Song Shen
styled Shen

The storehouses

Interaction:
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Mention:
Nobody else
Around:
Anyone around within the storehouse
As the new Captain of the Convoy made his way towards his chosen work destination, he crossed paths with his now coworker, Long Xiyi, flanked by his personal and matching retinue.

Song Shen retained his ever present polite smile, keeping expectations tempered yet knowing all too well how strongly his heart was beating with general excitement at this moment… it made keeping composure so difficult sometimes~

But stay sheathed oh faithful treasured saber, for the joy of combat will have to wait for the right time… dipping the blade in blood becomes so much more satisfying like that. At this moment, a more fiendish expression had started to take over Shen’s face, but soon enough he would feel it, and put it under control once again… everything has a proper time and place to be unleashed~

Regardless, the quartermaster, having gotten his mood under control, finally arrived alongside his new coworker to the storehouses… a place holding a great variety of goods, from materials to tools to food to some information as well… all valuable for the days to come.

As he was prepared to get to work while leading scholar Long, the other actually took the initiative! Short and sweet introduction, and a zeal for the task at hand…
”...ufufufu.” Song Shen chuckled in delight for a moment while standing besides the scholar, looking down on the floor in front of him, expression unreadable. Soon enough tough, he turned towards Xiyi

”You have the right idea, Scholar Long. But only straight-forward work from our part won’t do, no no no.” A slightly playful tone was purred from his lips for a moment, a slightly more genuine but wild smile sprouting for a moment, before it being pushed away by a new, truly serious and focused frown.

”If we are doing this, we need to use all hands available… even if it's our own retinue should we lack enough workers. And the older reports, if they didn’t get burnt, should also be scoured… if there was any thievery or loss or over-report, its all important information for our work.” A steady cadence, clear and proper enunciation and no hint of nervousness or hesitation.

”Also, Scholar. I trust you’ll be able to help me with making multiple copies of our inventories… we are a part of the new administration after all, and all branches will be in need of resources… for such, I was considering grouping a variety of items in usefulness as well, to save time, but such should come after having all accounted for.” the saberman was staring seriously and expectantly towards his coworker, adjusting his glasses during the pause of his speech.

”And we will accept nothing less than excellence!” And ultimately, his voice boomed with his inborn enthusiasm and discipline, his feet moving after communicating his intentions towards Long Xiyi.

”I will go seek any old documentation and divide the storehouse into sections for ease of sorting, if you wish, take over the summoning of more hands, or commence with the primary task… do remember, one is not wasting time for cutting down a tree by sharpening the axe!” Speaking towards the scholar while moving backwards, eventually Song Shen would take off in the direction of the main administrative area of the storehouse, seeking any possible old registers to get rough estimates and a reference frame of sorts… if they were not to be useful, it was fine.

All he cared about was the future ability to track fluctuation of their reserves… and right after, to orderly sort their inventories, for nobody enjoyed the loss of efficiency from a messy reserve of goods except one’s enemy.
”Today shall be a busy day” the quartermaster muttered to himself while showing an amused expression.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

06813ed952b012c95c3facc2d9b36f6e.jpg

Tümen Lei
Styled Batu

Orchid Manor --> Courtyard

Interaction:
xAlter xAlter Malphaestus Malphaestus Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Mention:

Around:
People around

Lei awoke just when the sun begun to rise, and could feel a slight pain in her head. Last night she had ate and drank her fill, however Lei was beginning to think she had over done it as she massaged her forehead. She gently unwrapped Dalnim's arms from around her, and carefully slid out of bed, making sure she didn't wake her lover. Lei stretched her arms and legs out, and draped a fine silk robe over her body. Lei strode over to the window, and despite the chill, opened and leaned outside the window. She took deep breaths of the crisp, cold air, and allowed her thoughts to drift.

Lei begun to think of her home, her tribe, and more importantly her father, wondering how they were doing without her. When Lei had come to her tribe asking them to aid Lord Dao in his endeavors, while many decided to follow Lei, many also choose to stay, her father included. She knew that he was too old for war, but sometimes she felt lost without his guidance. She learned everything she knew from her father, and he always knew what to do, even during the heat of battle. Even though she had only briefly met her fellow comrades, she already felt like they were leaps and bounds ahead of her, and Lei only hoped that she wouldn't get in the way.

Before Lei knew it, the sun would start to come full force, and she could hear her wife stirring behind her. She closed the window, and begun to prepare herself for the day to come.

In the hall of principles, Lei stood tall and proud, wearing cloths that Dalnim had made for her, which were always fashionable no matter the occasion. She resisted the urge to tug at the collar, and instead paid attention to what Shu Jin had to say, primarily about the titles that were to be given to every single one of them. Lei felt her stomach churn with anxiety as Shu Jin begun to read down the list of people and their titles.

When Shu Jin had reached Lei's name, and told her that he was unable to accommodate for their circumstances, Lei knew all too well what that meant.

Lei would be dubbed captain of the right, and was to work with Zhu Xuexia on a recon mission. And Dalnim was to be an inspector, a non combative role, they would be separated.
Lei turned to comfort her wife, but before she could, Dalnim would already be whispering into her ear.
I’ll see you in a bit, darling. I need some time… to think… before I go with Mr. Han on this case…

Lei could hear the distraught in her voice, and almost immediately begun to move after her wife, but was met with another woman.
“Master Tumen. To fulfill the mission our liege has given, I propose that we set out without delay. I shall be waiting for you in the courtyard should you wish to discuss further details.”
“where’d she get this master nonsense from” Lei thought to herself as she watched Lianjie exit into the courtyard. She would join her in a bit, but at the moment Lei had much more important matters to attend to.

Lei rushed to her room, and when she arrived, opened the door gently, and as she suspected, dalnim was present.
“Hey love….looks like we been separated, and your an inspector. I know that your upset, not because your not with me but because you won’t be seeing much combat…But we will have our time eventually to show our skills in battle.“ Lei said, her arms around Dalnim. She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a small, beautifully carved wooden totem.
My father carved this for me to protect me, and now I’m giving it to you, and if you miss me , just squeeze it and I’ll know your thinking of me.“ Lei whispered. “I have to go now, but remember that these titles are simply names, they do not define who you are or your quality as a warrior….and I love you, the distance between us won’t change that.“ Lei finished, exiting the room to leave Dalnim to her thoughts and devices.

Lei went right from her room right into the courtyard, where Lianjie had told her she’d be. Lo and behold she was indeed in the courtyard.
Apologizes for keeping you waiting, as you already might’ve known, my name is Tümen Lei, and it seems as if we will be working together“ Lei stated.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

dcma6cu-7837a204-6c01-4416-a290-195407853337.jpg
Han Li Xiao
Hubei

Hall of Principles, Orchid Manor ---> Bureau of Security

Interaction:
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Shu Jin)
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Tang Zhu)
Damafaud Damafaud (Cang Aili Si)

Mention:
xAlter xAlter (Kyungri Dalnim)
Nessi Nessi (Tümen Lei)

Around:
Everyone else in the hall

The groggy Han quietly pleaded to the heavens to turn back on the sun. As the sun rose on this cold, winter day. There was light, but a cold, and murky light that barely managed to pierce through the opaque clouds.

"Why is Yanura considered spring? It's way too cold~ This certainly will not bode well for my body, I should've brought more layers with me..." As Han slowly forced himself out of the warmth and comfort, replacing the fluffy, warm, winter blankets that were given to the guests of the Orchid Manor residing in the Companion Wing hallways, with the cold morning air, the crisp winds filling his lungs. If it was any other day, he wouldn't have managed himself out of bed, yet today was unlike any other, it was the day after the soiree, and if his analysis of the situation is conclusive, the current head of the Dao family, Dao Chaolong, is currently preparing to receive those that were invited to the soiree. Many men and women of unique skills filled the halls. There was only one possible reason Lord Dao collected these jades, some more rougher than others, but all were powerful and skilled in their own right…

"I certainly hope the job I receive is befitting of my skills as a Detective God… bah! Who am I kidding?! The best I'll get to be is an investigator on the front lines in the Security Department!… That honestly sounds decent. Being on the front lines is grueling work, but always worthy of my attention."

Han was lost in his thoughts once more, until he was reminded of the cold seeping into his bones, a shiver goes down his spine, and throughout his body, as the cold as he is reminded of where he has arrived at.

"I can barely fathom the fact I finally made it here, weeks of traveling to get here was absolutely worth it, just to observe this divine craftsmanship that surrounds this Manor… simply exquisite." He observed Weilang from the window of his room in silence, observing his surroundings with his keen senses.

Weilang, once a small village lying on the outskirts of Jianki, has, under the benevolent guidance of the Dao family, prospered into a beautiful, and magnificent city for all of Jianki to behold. Despite the observable wealth of architecture and bustling populace that walked the streets, it felt… wrong. Master Han couldn't accurately pin it down. Yet, something was amiss.

Master Han's idle thoughts were terminated by a loud sneeze, the source, which came from himself. Covering his face with a practiced reflex.

"Too cold…" He sniffled as he began dressing himself properly for the cold. Taking a quick stride in dressing himself, so he may warm himself a moment sooner.

As Han finished dressing himself, a hoarse voice resounded across the manor. "All ministers and officers are hereby summoned to the Hall of Principles! The Governor beckons your attendance!"

"There's my queue." He quickly muttered under his breath, as he exited out of the room he was assigned too, a comfortable, yet small room containing the necessities for a royal guest to be quite comfortable. He felt comfortable as well, as thankfully, he managed to exert some control yesterday, and not indulge heavily in drink. He was beckoned by one of the servants, a familiar face. Han quickly recalled she served him during the night prior, providing him with proper accommodations which consisted of a bucket, which he promptly threw up into after a night of drink. "Follow me. My Lord requests for you." She spoke with a practiced stoic tone, as he was lead to the Hall of Principles.

After a decently length stroll of following behind the servant, Han had finally arrived at the Hall of Principles.

"I thank you for your time." He quickly utters towards the servant as he rushes into the Hall, he wasn't the first one in, he might even have been the last one to get through the door.

Lord Dao begins to speak, first of martial prowess, and begins assigning individuals of strength, and valor their respective roles, to both protect and fight for Weilang, both land and sea. Next the Lord assigned one to do logistics. An honorable, and grueling task lies ahead of this Captain of the Conveys.

The Lord spends a relatively minor amount of time before he finishes assigning those to their positions in his new court. There were still a grouping of people remaining in the Halls without jobs to be had, As the

As the advisor of the Lord himself, The Esteemed strategist, Shun Jin, had approached Han Li Xiao.

"Master Han. The truths shall be yours to make known by the stars. The Governor appoints you as Commissioner of Justice and Peace. There is a case that I wish for you to personally oversee and resolve to ensure the path at night is enlightened and that our citizens may sleep soundly, knowing that they are guarded by the law. More details shall await you at the Bureau of Security at the edge of the Eastern Gate."

“I humbly shall offer my services as…” As Han just realized the position he was granted.

“COMMISSIONER OF JUSTICE AND PEACE??!?” He yelled out in his mind, as he stood there, completely stunned at what title he had been assigned. “Wait wait wait. Oh heavens. He’s serious. Being a Commissioner means… so much bureaucratic work… What did I ever do to incur the wrath of the Bureaucratic Heavens… thankfully, I've been directly assigned a case. Bureaucracy shall be halted for a moment... I hope.”

“...Commissioner of Peace and Justice, I shall see this case through, Master Shun.” He shallowly bows, gracefully taking the spade-shaped jade badge, which engraved into, was the initials of the Dao Clan, he shifted his perception, and observed the strategist assigning the next in line.

"Madam Kyungri. You are to take up this badge and begin your duty as Inspector Commander of Weilang. You will assist Master Han with his case." Granting her an identical badge

“An assistant to help me with my case? Perfect! I always wished for someone to provide their insights and…” He examined the newly assigned assistant, recalling tales of her, from rumors at the tavern. Many were exagerrations, however, it seemed that one is true.

"Those eyes, a keen sense she has. And an unfiltered mouth, I shall enjoy the interesting tidbits she shall say about case, and me. It's always good to have someone who I can trust to be honest." He chuckled quietly. "However, she is clearly too used to the battlefield." He thought, noticing the shift of pride to that of dread and despair, staring at the badge with a somber look.

She looked over to the lady sitting next to her, his keen senses picking up on their conversation, her body language showed a twinge of despair, depression, and a meekness that must be uncharacteristic of her.

“I’ll see you in a bit, darling. I need some time… to think… before I go with Mr. Han on this case…” As she exited the Hall of Principles. The lady next to her, quickly following after her.

He could empathize with her predicament, as Han would be of similar despair if he were to be assigned as guard duty, and to be separated from the one you loved. However, he knew there were more incoming, so he had to shift his attention elsewhere.

Next up was Tang Zhu. Which he deduced was an esteemed artist in his own right, his hands were proof of this, his palms were battered, a show of skill and tempered practice, his fingertips were calloused in a specific pattern, showing he held a proper grip on his painting tools well, he is no doubt a painter, and a talented one at that. but the way he held his hands, it was held in a way to always seek an opportunity, he will be able to effectively utilize these sets of skills for the more… so long as he kept his hands away from my book.

“I greet you well, Master Tang, I shall make use of your skills in artistry and your unique insights to solve many cases with great haste.” He gave Master Tang a modest greeting.

Finally, was Cang Aili Si, a person renowned for their fantastical skills in archery.

"I greet you proper, Master Cang, I shall employ your keen senses and attention to detail with precision. Many pieces of the puzzle fit well when clashing ideas off of others." He returned the salute to Cang Aili Si.

"A interesting one, I wonder why they… well, we all have our own secrets to hide, I shall not pry unless necessary to the case." He thought, as he observed them both leave the Halls for the Bureau of Security.

"...I should probably follow them, they both seem to know where they're going." He realized, as he attempted to follow them.

Last edited:

MILITARY DISPATCH

Upon the Martial Officers' arrival at the Weilang Garrison Headquarters, much of the facilities were either being repaired or simply being used as ad-hoc storage rooms. Multitude of soldiers sashayed past the courtyard, barely kept in formation as their mismatched footsteps were evident of their lesser training. Fatigue plagued them not, for the spirits of the troops were situated home, along with heir morale. Months of lax schedules have made the men ill in their zeal and their equipment poorly addressed. Among the properly-equipped regular infantry were militias and volunteers with bare sandals and merely a lamellar vest without straps to secure them in place. By contrast, the court's recently acquired company of retainers and their retinues, though fewer in numbers, were leagues ahead of their subordinates.

The barracks were left in a state of despair, as the troops often sought the comfort of the forge's furnace for warmth, rather than their cold dormitories. Junior enlisted leaders would gamble behind the stables, in order to determine who would get to acquire the next shipment of equipment. A game of chance, as fair as it was to settle for armament priorities, was detrimental to the army's cause, for such distractions only served to divert their attentions from their immediate duties. Imbued with their recent triumph, many are less keen on keeping their body in shape and the standard of soldiering spirals further down due to such illusions.

To make matters worse, the regular tallies system for supply management, introduced by the Blue Tortoise during the reclamation of Weilang, was put out of commission due to insufficient mathematical abilities from the keepers. With poor hygiene conditions keeping the men ill, medicines are dwindling, while the arsenal and supply storage remain unorganized. One might even see a corporal in full lamellar one day and in rags and rattan the next.

It would take the might and joint efforts of the newly-appointed Martial Officers to save Dao's army from defeat, as many would perceive in this situation. With the arrival of the Captain of the Center, many of the infantry were put into training right away. With only a handful of swords in supply and the forge's gradual output, Asahi's effort to train the close-quarter troops have been slow. While reluctant to adhere to the Captain of the Center's words from the night before, Tatsu nevertheless have made himself present for the cause. What the man has to offer for the cause remains to be seen. Alas, many have come to salute the towering Captain of the Left out of fright.
Remembrance Remembrance Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

While the Captain of the Center had put the infantry to weapons training detail, the Captains of the Vanguards and the Royal Guards' meeting remained to be seen as to what their toils may prove for the Garrison.
Celestial Speck Celestial Speck ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe

The Siege Captain and the Captain of the Convoys' arrival beckoned the attention of the auxiliary forces that were already standing by for their tasks, albeit with less heart than their leaders. Song's zeal brought about an impetuous aura when they entered the room. Those that recognized their gray cloaks and ceremonial swords were quick to give way to the man, accompanied by snappy salutes. Those that did not, would simply concede to their peers' acts of respect and followed up with their own salutes to the Captain of the Convoys. Song was then met by the quartermaster, of whom would pay their respects to their new leader's presence.
"Captain, sir. These are our most recent report on the supplies. We have officers running around in straw sandals and missing rations. It's... quite a mess, if I must be honest, sir." The quartermaster said with a heavy sigh, handing a pile of bamboo scrolls to the Captain of the Convoys. Upon closer inspection, the scrolls are divided into different categories, from supply count to available equipment, for the Captain to review.
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

The Deputy Commander of the Wyvern's Gate were greeted by her able-bodied retinue. Considered as one of the few cavalry forces available to the realm, they were as rare as the Orin riders that accompanied them. However they wished to carry out their patrol duties was a factor expected by the governor and his strategist. While the Garrison began to stir by the work of the other Captains, so would the horsemen that now awaited their respective commanders in the courtyard of the Manor. Their regimental banner fluttered in the breeze, greeting the heavens with the same mind as they would when the sky falls.
Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Nessi Nessi

After Action Report:
- Sword infantries are being trained by Captain of the Center. They lack sufficient equipment to carry out full training exercise capabilities.
- Captain of the Left's arrival intimidates the garrison, putting many to work with slightly better efficiency.
- Supplies are in the process of being managed by Captain of the Convoys.
- Patrols have yet to gain any vital intelligence.
- Recruitment efforts have not been initiated.

The Dominion currently have 500 fully-equipped infantry and 50 horses, consisting of regulars and militias with mixed experiences. Army intelligence is mediocre. Supplies of equipment and rations are enough to last one season when garrisoned.

CENSORATE DISPATCH

Upon the Commissioner and their Inspectors' arrival at the Bureau of Security, they were met by an older gentleman, whose fine robes distinguished them from their brethren. His peppered hair and wrinkled features marked them as notable contributor of the city's work. Their aged eyes were quick to take note of the jade badge upon their sash, as they bowed and complete their greeting with a salute.
"Commissioner. We have been waiting for you and your Inspectors. This way, sir." He said, inviting the multitude into the office. A simple but organized space befitting of the Bureau's line of work.

Grabbing a bamboo scroll from the desk, the man handed it to Han. The contents, upon being unfolded, pertained to the case that was entrusted to the Censorate members of Dao's court by Shu Jin.
"Pardon my rudeness. I am Cheng Fan, acting Magistrate of Weilang. I am glad that the governor have saw it fit to oversee the matter immediately." The man saluted again, followed by a slight cough that he embedded between his sleeves. "Forgive me, for I am winding up in my years, particularly so when spring beckons. During your stay, I will do all in my powers to ensure that your case is resolved. Now, without further ado. Please be seated." Cheng said, offering the multitude their seats within the main office.

"There have been many reports of illegal gatherings within the eastern districts. During our last encounter, Master Guo Lai, my trusted captain of the police was slain by one of the assailants." Cheng sighed, with his eyes bearing grievous sorrow over the matter before turning towards the Commissioner. "We haven't the slightest clue who they are, but I believe their intentions are beyond a mere hostile encounter. Last month, we have confiscated over twenty sabers and rattan shields during a raid. We managed to capture one of the members, but they have refused to cooperate. They are currently being locked up in the dungeon." The Magistrate explained, pointing to the scroll's details that reflected his knowledge over the matter. "I shall support your investigation, but can only act upon concrete evidence and processing, lest the detrimental sentiments of Dao Ren's tyranny revisits us all. With the lack of skilled individuals, you are all that we have. I wish you luck in your case, Commissioner and Inspectors. If you will excuse me, I must review some evidence and tend to a court case this morning. If there is anything else I can do, please do not be afraid to ask of this old man." Cheng smiled, rising from his seat to take leave, but not before saluting the Censorate members. As he left, his subordinate would enter the office.

"Commissioner, Inspectors. This office will now be yours to direct, effective immediately per my master's orders. The eastern wing is the court room. The western hall are private quarters should you wish to take respite or converse in privy. Lastly, our jail cells are located to the north, just beneath the guard post. If you require anything, we are at your command." The sentinel snapped to a salute, before taking his leave.
FiveElemental FiveElemental xAlter xAlter Damafaud Damafaud Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

After Action Report:
- The Commissioner of Justice & Peace is given limited manpower and access to all of the Bureau of Security's facilities.
- The Inspectors' presence managed to strengthen the resolve of local law enforcers.

Law and order within the city is slightly above average. Reports of unknown belligerent organization is slowly causing fear among the populace. Stability is threatened by said organization, while their agenda remains unknown. The Case of the Hidden Knives is now underway.

CIVIL DEVELOPMENT DISPATCH

Beyond the walls of Weilang and into the fields of the southern district were the Keeper of the Granary's finest companions. Their presence alone inspired the many that have worked beside them. Due to the lack of tools, their work has been gradual and tiring. Being the only Civic Master thus far to adjust to his role without fail, the Keeper's voice carried the hearts of his retinue as it did the souls of the governor's subjects. The sight of seeing their ruler's own retainer putting themselves in the mud helped to inspire the population - reminding them that their young governor is always looking out for them like his father before him. Thanks to the Keeper's efforts, where the farmers lacked in tools, they quickly made up for it with their hearts. By midday, more than a third of the southern district's combined fields have been planted.

A small-profiled silhouette approached the Keeper, their steps inching towards the man with a pail of water. Their robes were covered in dirt, as were their hands. A young soul with dedications to the field as their parents. Their sweet voice called out to the man responsible for the southern district's agricultural efforts for the day. "Water, sir?" The young child inquired, lifting the bucket of serene well water over their head towards Yu. A firm and bright smile stretched across their blemished visage, accompanied by a pair of round brown eyes to complement their offer. The young girl then lowered the pail, taking the ladle into their hand and procured for herself a sip before the Keeper could.
"It's fine water, sir!" She proved her claim, raising the bucket towards the man that towered over her.
Orikanyo Orikanyo

After Action Report:
- More than 1/3 of the southern district's fields are accounted for.
- Peasants' support for Dao's regime is growing slightly.
- Keeper of the Granary have managed to discover a fresh water source from the nearby compound. Planting water crops will yield better results.

Agricultural development is gradual due to lack of farming tools and equipment. However, peasant happiness is slowly growing, while the fields are being worked. Merchants and scholars have little to offer at the moment. Building projects are slowed due to the lack of leadership.

VOL 1-1: A FINER EARTH
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

83f4853bc3dcb4d393fb6f1c482e0a73.jpg

Tang Zhu
styled Beitong

Orchid Manor ------> BoS

Interaction:
FiveElemental FiveElemental (Master Han), Damafaud Damafaud (Master Cang/Leilin), xAlter xAlter (Madam Kyungri);

Mention:
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 (Magistrate Cheng), FiveElemental FiveElemental (Master Han);
Around:
Bureau of Security, colleagues;

As the masked man moved towards his new destination, the words of his new superior bounced around in the Viper's skull. Make use of [his] skills of artistry. He pondered, Master Han is not one that Tang knows, behind the mask or out of it. Likewise, he assumed that he'd only heard of him as the Vermillion Viper so why did he imply that he'll utilise Tang's artisan skills? Even considering the fact of prosing praise, it was too specific for it to be a coincidence. Then the walking warrior brought his hands before himself—which up until now, comfortably embraced each other behind his back.

Then the epiphany struck. Ahhhhhh! The Viper nodded his head, he sees how Master Han deduced he was a painter. It was his hands that gave away the secret of his daytime profession, perhaps he should consider hand coverings.

While the newly minted inspector and colleague led the way towards the Bureau, Tang Zhu and Master Cang had been stopped by a man of considerable strength... And exhuming a valorous spirit. If he remembered back to the invitation ceremony yesternight then Tang recalls that this man belonged to Chienying's cohorts. During the brief exchange, the man—who Tang Zhu came to know as Leilin—turned to address him. Luckily, Chienying had done the introductions for him. Upon finishing, the Seijin-turned-Hanjin did a half bow to show respect for his colleague's associate and honour to Tang's own heritage. Typically, he uses Hanjin greetings for when he is without his mask. "As am I, Third Brother of my associate." And gone back to his dwelling, though by the candor of his splendor the Viper doubted that he'd simply fall asleep again.

"Your brother strikes me as a man who likes to give others the point a lot of the times. Hhmmhmhahaha" A quick pun on Leilin's choice of weapon, followed by a minute giggle.

---------------------------------------------------------------Security Bureau-----------------------------------------------

In their new headquarters of which they will no doubt pursue many criminals and their various escapades, the assembled personnel were greeted by the acting Magistrate of Weiling. A man with the epitome of experience, age, and weariness, it seemed. He laid out, in detail, the criminal ordeals that had plagued the Lord's realm. The less-than-legal gatherings in the east, the presence then confiscation of weaponry and shields, even the death of an esteemed member of the force. This told the Viper many things alas not much can be confirmed as of this moment, this calls for an investigation! The wizened and wise man bid his farewell while reminding them, that they could approach for whatever manner of aid they may need. Soon a sensible sentinel came to inform them of the buildings layout. Handy fellow.

Once the contents of the bamboo scroll were revealed, Tang Zhu thought it over carefully. A metallic piece, most likely belonging to a segment of lamellar armour. Sabers and Ratten shields from an unknown maker. A segment about mossy zies. Reports about the police raid, and three possible locations for a staging ground in the east. All conveniently one day of travel. "While I do wish to wax my knowledge of the intricacies of the human body, I believe the conspirator should be left for later while we scour the east for evidence." His voice had been low, to not gather attention and remained aware in case of any man or woman with a curious ear. A finger pointed to the segment about the watchtower with a small pond. "Quite likely, the zies were stored around the looking tower with the tiny pond. The moss also indicates that they had been there for an extensive time as—from experience of tending my own personal dwelling—it takes a good portion of time for it to grow, even under the best of circumstances." He waited for others to voice their thoughts before concluding: "As for the rumours or sightings of gatherings, I believe my skills may be used here. I could hide from shadow to shadow, giving the ground my ear while I troll for wayward whispers of knowledge."

Evening / Yanura, 150 AC

kbehCDI.png

Asahi Enlai
styled Xianliang

Garrison Headquarters, Weilang

nnddaes.png

Tatsu Kama
styled Senshi

Garrison Headquarters, Weilang

Interaction:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Mention:
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Around:
Whoever else is at the Garrison Headquarters

Enlai approached the garrison headquarters, his mind filled with grand expectations. Dao would not set them up for failure so it was only right that the men drafted would at least be of some good quality if not equipped with gear more befitting an actual garrison, he thought. The region that was Dao’s influence over Jianki was small, so he had not fantasized that the number of troops would be plentiful, though what little expectations he had were considerably high.

He ventured into the headquarters, finding an open field aft of the central building. Enlai could say for certain that the place was glamorous enough and he withheld any thoughts of plunder. The captain was now landed, he was a court member, there would be no allotment of downtime unless requested and permitted. It was the sorry fate of getting himself involved in the politics of lands he’d rather have just raided. No matter, he thought to himself, he would find time nonetheless.

He entered the field, looking upon the masses of dirty soldiers and conscripted men was enlightening and humbling for him. Enlai had not started like this, much less gotten men such as these. He could not imagine this would both be the start of a nation and its possible downfall if handled incorrectly. His mind pondered briefly before hearing a door open behind him. Enlai turned about, looking up at his old albeit recent fellow court member. Senshi, the Ogre. The grin he presented only hours ago reappeared; it was not of his own volition to do so, his mad instincts bringing it about.

“Why, welcome, Ogre.” He spoke softly, turning back around to face the unwashed masses before him. “I have a plan if you are willing to hear it out.”

Tatsu was slightly annoyed that Enlai had beaten him to the garrison. But he refused to let it show. He had stopped along the way to get the Mob, after all, and the gargantuan soldiers filed in behind him as he stared down the pirate.

“If it is anything like your last plan, sir, I think it is for the best that you keep it to yourself.” Turning to address the garrison as a whole, he bellows. “Who here is in charge.”

“I am, Lord.” squeaked a rail-thin man as he was pushed forward by his peers. “I apologize for not meeting with you sooner. I was….” He trailed off as he frantically looked for something to say other than ‘I was scared half to death one of you would put my head on the end of a pike for the conditions of the garrison.’

All Tatsu did was study him. He had potential, he just needed to bulk up and grow a spine. Turning once more to Enlai, Tatsu speaks to the erstwhile pirate captain. “You know nothing of training simple men such as these,” he gestured broadly to the gathering rabble of troops with armor either too loose or too tight and holding onto their weapons if any as if they were very venomous and very alive snakes. “I will train them, by myself, and you will go away to play lord somewhere else.”

Enlai’s smile had yet to fade, it was a ridiculous thought that such a brute would be defaming his name. The Ogre was not wrong, these men were simple, they had little to no experience and a fighting spirit that was considerably lacking. There was one thing that Senshi could not teach them and it was, in this case, sword discipline. When comparing the difference of their weapons, one wielding what is a large metal stick and the other carrying a sword of a tight fit, it was clear that Senshi could not teach them how to wield the weapons they utilize.

His attention was still turned to the garrison but his eyes peered to the side, digging deep into the large man’s inner machinations.

“What will you teach them? How to swing a large pole? Will you feed them nothing but meat, in hope that it will somehow teach them order and balance? You are a boar, I am a hunter. We specialize in different things, no?”

He wandered around the Ogre, viewing to his side the disinherited men that filled Senshi’s entourage. Enlai stopped at the other side of the large warrior, though only slightly smaller than the man beside him, the troop before them had much to look up at.

“I will teach them discipline and tactics that will scare our enemies into routing in utter fear, not to mention I can show them the ways of utilizing their equipment; what little they have.”

Enlai lightly threw his hand at Senshi’s back, the toned back muscles nearly giving him a bruise on his poor hand. He moved forward a few paces, turning back around to look at his fellow court member. “Now, if this is not a learning experience for the troops, it will be for me. I will learn.” He removed his grey cloak, the soft cloth landing gently onto the dirty stone flooring. “So, without any chatter, let us begin, no?”

Tatsu gave Enlai a predatory smile before speaking. “The hunter that underestimates the boar, is killed by the boar.” He let the pirate lord continue his impromptu speech, talking about teaching a garrison on tactics. ‘The only tactic they need is how to defend this city’ he thought to himself, but held his tongue.

He nodded in understanding as Enlai handed over command of training the garrison to him. He would prove his point before he began writing up a detail of who in the garrison would assist in repairing the barracks, and who exactly needed new equipment.

“You lot!” he bellowed from his position, “form up!” And as they did so, he turned to his Mob. “Who wants to find their weak spot?” he rumbled softly to them, keeping his plan from the rest of the garrison.

“Hasegawa Shin,” someone rumbled back as the mob pushed the brute forward. Hasegawa wasn’t as tall as Tatsu, yet his bulk of muscle more than made up for it. He wore a scowl on his bald head, clearly not pleased with how he was chosen.

“They will scatter before I even take a step,” Hasegawa said, trying to get out of it by stating the obvious.

“Yes, they will, and I will line them back up again so that you may reach them. If they can’t stand in front of one man, what hope do they have against charging hundreds? I will break them and let them get a taste of real combat before Asahi puts lofty ideals in their head.”

And with that, he sent Hasegawa charging at the assembled formation. Which promptly broke apart to let him pass. “Form up!” Tatsu shouted immediately as Hasegawa returned to his starting position. “This is an enemy that wants to burn down the city you are tasked with defending, and you let him pass? Form up, and stop him.”

This repeated a few more times, Hasegawa testing different parts of the line, and each time showing just how skittish they were as they broke before his approach to let him through. “The sword is an effective weapon, at close quarters,” Tatsu began to speak after the fourth charge. “But against a charging foe such as Hasegawa or cavalry? You may as well be unarmed. You will be trained in the use of spears alongside swords. And then perhaps you will survive the first engagement.”

With that, he turned to Asahi. “They are all yours, Lord. I will inspect the barracks further, though I doubt I will be any more disappointed than what I saw from the outside.”

Enlai watched the demonstration with glee, a lone man of great stature charging lone into enemy forces and then an entire formation falling apart. The Captain could feel the fear radiating off of the men; the kind of fear unreplicable, lest the demonstrations repeat. These were not men in search of glory or battle, they were expendable fodder, a concept that pulled at his heart.

“I will take of them,” Enlai said before pulling back and standing parallel to Senshi. “Ensure you search for corruption, quarters such as these are typically rife with them.” With that, the Ogre was sent off. Enlai was unsure of how a place like this ran. In his world, a hierarchy not based on the merit of strength and guile was confusing. He was, however, certain of one thing, any place, no matter where was not safe from those willing to extort and deceive them. It needn’t matter how open or the size of the extortion, only that it happens.

The Seijin looked back upon the misshapen form of the garrison troops, cursing at himself for undertaking such a mission. He had not only cursed himself but both the heavens and Dao himself. What a farce, he thought.

By his count, there were roughly 120 soldiers present in the courtyard. He arranged them as best as he could, 15 rows and 8 columns. It really was the most he could muster with how his brain had been stuck cursing whatever ancestor brought about his lineage.

“Listen well, men of Weilang! This city and the dominion of your governor will fall into darkness, the ever-consuming void of treachery, greed, and warfare! But we, we are the light that will purge these attackers from our lands!” Utter nonsense, that’s what he was speaking. In this world, there are no good and evil, only the incredibly distorted perceptions by which men and women judge their fellow people. “Every one of you is the spark that will light the fire that is Dao Chaolong’s rule, the warriors of conviction that will bring these lands under one unified banner! So do not think of me as some noble leader too scared to enter the fields of battle or as some brute who only knows violence, I am the wood that will stoke this fire and the wind that will push it forward! For the glory of Weilang and Dao, we fight!” In Enlai’s mind, the speech went well enough and the little mantra that doubled as a conclusion was a decent touch on the finish.

With his address over, he split the group in half, resulting in roughly 7 rows and 8 columns for each. With what equipment there was, he swapped them with each group as each took turns. Enlai taught them basic movements, focusing on stance and positioning. The garrison had to both look formidable but orderly and in control and so, he presented to them the idea of a predator. When still or in movement, they would assume the posture of a predator telling their prey that they are no match for them. Backs straight, feet firmly pressed onto the ground, and their weapons sheathed. In the median, when charging, they would rush like a mad animal. When simply moving to meet the enemy in a manner not so urgent, it would be in order and sequence. On the far of the concept, when the opponent is charging, the garrison can then brace and meet their exhausted opponents with a vigor not wasted.

Once Enlai’s lecture on posture was concluded, he went forward with teaching them basic sword movements and assigning them words for easy training. He presented them using his own movements, demonstrating a slash, parry, and riposte. These three sword movements would be all they needed for the moment.

He could not say he was impressed with the garrison but the potential of a real force to be reckoned with was there, all it needed was time and care to make it truly actualized. Or in the case of his metaphor, it would only need wood and a gust of wind.

• VOL. 1-1: A FINER EARTH
    Morning/ Yanura, 150 AC

80fe6d5433c6012c278bf8eda2a08264.jpg

Cang Aili Si
    styled Chienying

Bureau of Security, Eastern Side of Weilang

Interaction:
    Master Han, Master Tang, Madam Kyungri
    FiveElemental FiveElemental Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian xAlter xAlter

Mention:
    Magistrate

Around:
    Bureau of Security Personnels

The joke took but a moment to land, where a slight smile returned it, and a nod. "He often spears ahead without thinking."

AHH MASTER TANG! I thought you would be glacier as cold your exterior was, but your youth shines through like lustrous summer rays at the tail end of Moxis! My expectation for your look... it's soaring!

The Bureau of Security, located at the east end of Weilang, was a fair walking distance from the Lord's manor. Chienying, walking at the same pace as Master Tang, was not one of many words. If asked for conversations, his answers would come succinct each time. Peaceful might his expression be, but his surreptitious gaze around hinted at the awareness the hero had to his surroundings. True was the rumors about Chienying the Graced Archer. He never wasted time, even during a simple walk.

Average. Average. Average. Refreshing look- tsk, a woman. Average. Cute...!

Face full
    like the moon, smile enlivening like sandalwood's fragrance with adorning dimples like laces of gold! Steamed bun vendor, soft and ample body like knitted mandarin ducks. Warm Bear, twelfth stall on the third eastern street. Average. Average. Average-

Yes, not a single breath of time wasted indeed.

Upon arrival at the bureau, Chienying saluted the man who greeted them with a swift internal judgement. His advance age was too far from the hero's preference, but at the very least it was not an affront to the eyes. Well, if the man was muscular it would be a different story.

It was only once they were at the confine of the office did Chienying notice a woman with Master Han. Madam Kyungri, he recalled her name after some effort. She was here for... helping Master Han? He didn't really remember. At the ceremony, he was too focused on recalling the men's position to see which faces he would see the most. Chienying kept a neutral look as he listened and read the briefing of their current situation.

Illegal gatherings, smuggled weapons and armors, an imprisoned member, needs for evidence and legal proceeding.

Jianghu wanderers often held such meetings to the chagrin of Inspectors and city guards. The death of a captain, too, could happen in a scuffle with authority. The sabres and rattan shields... only bandit groups or martial art sects would stash so many weapons at the same time. Even then, twenty of the same weapons and shields were too uniform for a jianghu group. Subtly, Chienying nodded. His intuition aligned with the Magistrate; perhaps something more was afoot.

The officer that came in... average. Regardless, It was nice knowing where everything was.

"I shall take a look at the clocktower." Chienying chimed in. "It is normal for jianghu wanderers to be curious." He would need to change clothes first. The one he had now was too conspicuous. A day journey... he should invite some of his brothers. It was better to work with familiar faces.

He glanced toward Master Han and Madam Kyungri. Commissioners and Inspector Commanders didn't usually jump right into the field, but as new personnels, they might be eager to have some actions. Chienying couldn't help but add to Tang Zhu, "ask for Linley if you passed by Night River Pavilion in the north side and mention my name. My Fourth Brother should be of help if he is available."

If anyone could be in touch with the less favorable side of Weilang mere weeks after their arrival here, it would be the seediest of the Hued Gang and the former assassin Fourth Brother Linley.

Last edited:
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

monk-jpeg.941414

Yang Jiuwan, styled Shangyi

Interaction: Zhou Win Sen Celestial Speck Celestial Speck
Mentions: Dao Chaolong Malphaestus Malphaestus
Around: Not much.

Yang Jiuwan receives the returning courier in serenity, simply arching an eyebrow as he hears Dao Chanlong's words, before humming thoughtfully. If there was a certain breed... This was a test of Yang Jiuwan's abilities on his lord's part, as much as a mission, and so Shangyi finds himself considering the words of his lords in a different light than what he would normally do. What would he desire for the work of war? The answer is most simple.

In the business of war, one must endure.

Strength, speed, bravery, wisdom, all these great virtues and more can be instilled and taught, with the proper tutelage. Skills can be learned, talents cultivated and nurtured. But these require trials and tribulations, and if one cannot endure them, one cannot grow.

"Mengyahi, my current designs for my lord's mission is to recruit with speech, attracting men to our cause at the gathering places of the people. Our lord desires us to choose, with out own judgement, what sort of men are required, so I wish to ask what sort of men would you have in mind for such an endeavor?"

Last edited:
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

696c32202088b0ddff1096d6901d02a2.jpg

Xiang Jinhua
styled Xingjuan

Interaction:
Shu Jin ( Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 )
So Long ( ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool )

Mention:
Dao Chaolong ( Malphaestus Malphaestus )

Around:
People in the Hall

I wonder why the Lord-in-Metal has summoned us so early.

Jinhua had particularly hoped it would have been a short meeting. Quite fatigued from the affairs from the day before, she would like to be able to relax today and perhaps even indulge herself with a nap. The hours that she spent in sleep was significantly lacking compared to what she was accustomed to. Up until now, she still felt sleepy as she stood there waiting.

When the purpose of this assembly was revealed, she lowered her head and narrowed her eyes. Half of her face from nose down was covered by the fan that she carried. This is going to take a while, she scans the room and it had basically consist of the faces she had seen the night prior.

Out of all the individuals present, Jinhua was sure that she had been the one to retire first from the banquet. She wasn’t aware when it had exactly ended but based on her own understanding, they should have drank until early morning. And yet, none of them appeared to be tired or at least appeared to be.

Was this something that came with age or would it be something that she would grow more accustomed to with more experience?

There wasn’t much she could do in the current situation but watch and scrutinize the individuals being conferred their titles and the duty that came along with it. It was going for such a long time that she started becoming absent-minded.

Jinhua was taken by surprise when her name had been called that she wasn’t able to control her expression momentarily. She managed to somehow recover her bearings and glanced at the woman that was called before her, who was referred to as ‘Miss So’. The young girl pursed her lips as she thought over what had been given to her.

In the past, she had also participated in Soup Kitchens that her family has hosted. Of course, those activities weren’t made entirely of the goodness of their hearts. It was all strategic goodwill to win over the townsfolk. Needless to say, she didn’t do any actual work in the activity aside from being the poster girl. However, this would give her a good reason to acclimate herself with the environment of Weilang.

This experience will surely be an educational one.” she hummed in response.

The meeting was adjourned and now, they were all expected to go to their designated post. The Jade Princess went to meet the person she believed to be ‘Miss So’ that she was supposedly meant to assist. She greeted her with courtesy and introduced herself before moving to the matter of business “And I believe you are,-” she paused, inspecting if she had gotten the right individual, there had been something about her that made her feel familiar but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. “Miss So?” Jinhua wasn’t aware of her name aside from the one that the Blue Tortoise had referred to as thus a bit hesitant in speaking her name.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

7dcb4a781188c35602f809e1d5974b4f.jpg

Yu Changmao

styled Fèi Hú

Weilang, Fields of Expectant Plenty > Storehouses, Fortress against Waste.

Interaction:
@ GM

Mention:
@ GM

Around:

Our storehouse managers of war and trade. Hunted down for information.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean

Yu had his focus on the ground, this field was as much to him a war map as one to a general. Weeding, even as the frost was covering the land not to long ago the little bastards grew nonetheless... Stopping them is next to impossible, seeds come in with the wind, but the wind is also good for temperature...

But, speaking of a thing that grows like a weed.

"Hah, good to see the kids doin' their part. Good on yea kiddo." Yu's face softens, taking a moment to drink of the water. "Brilliant, hard work besides even they know you need only plant once, it is everything up to it and after that is rough work.

A good planter can plant a field in but a few scant hours.

Know why child?

Because his or her body has rhythm!

When men toil they sing! Keeps their mind at play when they work all day! Some migt say farmers are dull, but that is not the case. Their focus is upon the land, the ground beneath our feet!

look here child." The keeper of the Graineries, by in large a man with a title who would be, if he were any other, laying back and watching others work, began to dig with previously clean hands, loamy dirt spreading beneath the practiced hands put to task. This tassels were already startung to collect dirt, such is the way.

"Dirt, lots of it, your mother or aunties probably say not to play in it, but here this dirt is more than just simply something to get one your clothes.

Hmm... The smell... This earth was fertilized late last year, shows signs of health, probably something was in the water that filled it with some life. And here!"

He reached in, two fingers piercing the ground like a sparrow spotting a treat.. He plucks out... An earthworm!

"Here! A friend, believe it or not. A good sign this dirt is well for planting. Back in you go." He places the worm upon the ground he made and covers it back up. "Coming soon, i'll have need of you kids.

Ever catch frogs? We'll need them live and hearty! Frogs eat bad bugs, they tend to come when things get hotter. Still plenty of time, we'll leave them be for now. Ladybeetles have a bite but also eat little blighters that eat the rice..."

His eyes turned to incoming workers, he gave them the go ahead on the field, he had just finished checking it's health.

"Get some water lads.

Nearly half way through the south! Right damn planting gods you lot. I'll get an idea on our tool situation soon-

Wu Mi stop showin' off and put that boulder down you'll wear yourself out yea muscle-bound ape. Yea wont make the fields swoon just flexin'!" A woman, part of his troop was hoisting a boulder, a large stone either way, over head, far above any height Yu could reach. She placed down the stone upon a pathway nearby, grunting with an affirmative.

"What?" Yu called out, the woman seemed to make some hand movements, the stoen, houses..?

"They asked for em? Least they coulda offered to grab em themselves." Yu barked, to get another flurry of movements, that which Yu and others of the retinue get, other farmers seem to just had thought she was one of those silent giant types... She grunts with a shrug at the end.

"Can't be helped, see if you can trade for some lunch for these lads water alone a healthy farmer doean't make. Good stones worth something...

...blast it, what was I doing...?

Tools!

To the warehouse with me. You lot, breathe, work light, we've done magnificently lets not burn ourselves out.

but don't let me catch yea snoozin or come the flooding period i'll have the leeches eat yer toes!" This got a laugh from even the giant woman, which bellowed out across the slopes. Yu would catch the tailwind of thus and moved his way on out... He had a few things to get settled.

Tools.

What their supply was current.

...and possibly the most important thing...

Night soil... Behind him, a certain foc who may or may not be there tailed, slipping between footsteps with as much effort as a sparrow on the wind.

========≈==

The storehouses... It doubled as many things at the moment... it looked more like a dorm than a workplace... How many soldiers were here...? Enough that it was troublesome to find where the front was. Where were his fellows here? No doubt they thought themselves supieriir already, Yu was used to underestimation.

With men sticking their nose up, it leaves their neck open to a blade, remember this Fox.

A familiar creature leapt up and furled into his clothing again as he stepped inside.

"Yer bosses here? Storemen, not the ones to break your arms training." He regarded one of the sleepy eyed guards, who pointed the way.

"Alright, stay sharp, folks eager to prove themselves tend to be quick to snap at any sign of lazyness." He bid the man farewell with some wisdom... He would find these two men he sought...

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

f18fda3073f16603a0c869b1edce4e90.jpg

Long Xiyi styled Gao Ying
Wing of companions-Hall of Principles, Orchid Manor- storehouse

Interaction:
Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean Orikanyo Orikanyo

Mention:

Around:

Xiyi quirked an eyebrow at Song Shen reaction he seemed rather excitable? perhaps that was to be expected for now the scholar remained quiet as Song seemingly stared down into the storehouse before responding in again a rather excited way it was good to see the enthusiasm in a task any would believe beneath them, but an empire was nothing without its resources. and in fact, it seemed they were both on the same page when it came to managing and bundling resources together into what would be useful for a given task for it was no good to store a material alone if one tool's needed to work it where located in a far more inconvenient spot.

but it was double true that they needed to take inventory of what they actually had, for now, it was no good organising if they did not know what they were organising in the first place. "indeed your plan for continuing is most sound I shall requisition more assistance while you retrieve the required knowledge of our stocks" Xiyi replied with a small nod "and copy them for future reference will be but a simple task" he added and with that, the captain of convoys left to retrieve the scrolls that would inform them of what mess lay ahead for them to fix.

with that rather quick discussion over with Xiyi would turn to his two bodyguards a simple hand signal indicating that they were to collect the others so that they could assist in the task at hand, for the Serpents fang were not adverse to manual labour as setting up trebuchets was simply part of the job, however the sounds of someone else entering piquing Xiyi's interest turning around he'd quickly find another of the minsters to be specific the Keeper of the granary, Yu. "hmm yes? what do you require for the storehouse.. we are hardly in a state to properly hand out supplies until with know our current inventory" Xiyi would say calmly to them.

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

imagine-yoriichi-tsugikuni-sempre-com-voce-21162898-031220202205.jpg

Zhou Wín Sen
Méngyáhi

Yang Jiuwan's Working Space

Interaction:
ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe (Yang Jiuwan)

Mention:
N/A

Around:
N/A

Méngyáhi pondered the question posed to him with a contemplative face. The very idea of what determined a 'worthy man' was something mysterious and elusive to him. But at the same time, this matter was not only one of ideals and beliefs but something that would determine the strength of their forces in Weilang.

It was clear that their Lord, Dao, was placing this as some sort of test. While he had proven himself as a capable ally to him, the fact these matters are placed to him and Jiuwan to ponder is proof that they have much to work for. So for a few moments, he sat and thought next to the monk, murmuring various answers as if he was visualizing Dao in front of him, and choosing what would be the most correct thing to say at that very moment.

"Such matters of what defines men worthy to pursue are elusive to me, Shangyi," he answered with honesty, eventually speaking what came to his mind. "However, I know this; while men and women alike may join our cause, those with strong motivations and powerful loyalty to the visage of Lord Dao will come to us. They believe in him as much as they do you and me. They see him as their ally, a friend of the people. And where loyalty appears first, talent can be proven and shown."

That was, at least, what he believed. He spoke after all from experience -- he saw the people loyal to him, their allies. They were men and women of convictions.

"At the same time... we can't go purely out of ideals. I've decided we'll require both spearmen and archers if we are to march to our next conquest. Our retinues are a last-ditch effort, used purely if we are desperate or without resources -- therefore, we must repurpose them for our objectives. It is only natural we use our contacts to train these men and women, while we cultivate our own strengths and weaknesses. Shangyi, I propose you seek those old and experienced while allowing the younger generation to grow and take their place eventually. My clan shall train them and so will I. I will rotate around specific groups, training them and checking their progress, while also training my own ability with spears. I would also recommend requesting our other allies' retinues that are doing nothing of note to aid us in this. Is this agreeable?"

Last edited:
Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

Face_claim_for_Saber_man_edited.png

Song Shen
styled Shen

The storehouses

Interaction: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 and Orikanyo Orikanyo
Also nearby auxiliary workers to aid Yu and the quartermaster

Mention:
Those that he spoke to
Around:
All people in the storehouse, specifically centered around the captains.
Mentally, the industrious captain had managed to split the warehouse area into a number of zones that would be given specific objectives and staff to work on them soon… his mind soon wandering into the matters at hand.

”Hm… all our personnel have been having a rough time… don’t fret quartermaster, soon enough everything will be under control again, ufufufu.” A confidence that came naturally finished by a chuckle, accepting the official documents with a smile and eyeing them with inquisitiveness, each piece being observed for only a couple dozen seconds before swapping into another…

If one who practiced baqi was particularly observant at this moment, they would notice slight fluctuations of qi around Shen, the kind that seemed quite purposeful as well, The Song scion’s grey eyes moving at very fast speeds, scouring the texts without even a moment’s pause.

”Hm… the situation shall be bothersome, but solvable. I’ll probably be back soon quartermaster, continue your steady work, I shall see to starting the accounting” A surprisingly kind smile was shown to his worker before making his back to his fellow captain, making record time in his stride with obvious energy and enthusiasm.

Soon enough, the captain of the convoys met back up with his coworker and… a familiar face, a man that was responsible for the toiling of the land… an eyebrow was raised before facing Scholar long, hanging over the copies of documents he held to his fellow captain.

”Here are the old registers… roughness permeates them in some regards, but they shall suffice for our endeavors with their decent organization.” Business serious tone had been engaged by now, Shen turning to face the lead farmer with the same style of business-like expression.

”And I assume you will require tools, yes?” The quartermaster didn’t even wait for a confirmation before audibly raising his voice for his surroundings to hear.

”A group of about 10 people, aid our keeper of the granary by filling a requisition form and moving the goods needed, even if it causes some supply shortages! A harvest is far too important!” Shen readjusted his glasses for a moment before bringing out his brush, an inkstone and ink stick and soon enough finding a flat surface and using one of the blank documents he had chosen to carry at the start of the day…

And once again, qi started fluctuating softly around his person, this time specifically around his head and hands, swiftly moving as he obtained fresh ink from his tools, starting to scribble a long list of items from the inventory he had read previously, seemingly all related to farming implements and the like… once finished, Shen observed the piece of paper carefully before nodding with satisfaction, and smiling politely in Yu’s direction and handing him the new (if rough) document

”There you go, take this with you and cooperate with the staff… if you need aid coordinating men, Scholar Long may be able to aid you…” Adjusting his glasses once again with a smile, Song Shen bowed once towards the pair before turning to the storehouse as a whole.

”For now, work takes priority. Help me coordinate the auxiliary soldiers if you could, scholar Long… I’ll manage writing more copies for each of the numeral areas I’ve established…” The Captain of convoys paused, and repeated his previous behavior of swiftly writing, this time what took form was a very rough map of the storehouse area, split into a number of zones, each with a specific numeral and short codename.

”Here, you can lead the individuals to form groups and start working from there… should also somewhat minimize the amount of copies our workers will need for cross-checking goods, and minimize the possibility of error from too much continuous work.” Shen smiled in a pleased fashion as he handed over the new paper to his peer, this time awaiting from an answer instead of plainly leaving… for it was better to have a proper conversation with your co-worker, was it not?

Morning / Yanura, 150 AC

b16cc883d148257a4028caf919ea2877.jpg

Yu Changmao

styled Fèi Hú

Storehouses, land of... Not so plenty > to the fields woth yields in tow.

Interaction:
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Thexcentrichilean Thexcentrichilean (Yu rooting the place up like a hog looking for mushrooms, but making out like a raccoon)

Mention:
^

Around:
^

He was attended to immedately, that was GOOD, it was nice to know that he wasn't the only damn person working of the new ministers. "Aye, this will do, come on lads the sooner I get this crap the sooner i'm outta yer hair lets get this goin.

You, with the long front teeth, fetch me any hoe you can find, don't matter how broken it looks or if it's falling apart just bring it here. Outside the door lean them against the wall.

You, eyebrows, yes you. Rakes, same as Haretooth, bring them to the same location but don't haphazardly toss them together.

You two and you two, you got with the Hare and the other two go with Eyebrows.

Rest of you with me we'll be hunting down everything else.

As I said, earlier done, earlier i'm out of your faces now get to it, or should I ask your bosses to watch yea work!" The little man wasted no time setting people to work, hell his echoing voice sort of got a few lazier folks actually moving instead of pretending to work.

His group of four would be coming for picks, shovels, and, to the chagrin of the men helping him, soured bags of food...

"I'll figure out whos dealing with night soil soon... May just be private farmers making an extra coin or two... Fine, but with controll comes standards..." he pauses as one of the men helping him carrying some ruined fruits in a bag, spike up, admist gags.

"Whats night soil? Is soil dug up at night better?" The man asked, hating every minute of this bag.

"Eh? Never been a farmer's boy have yea?

Night soil is important to fertilizer, main way to get the soil living again. Good soil is good crops." Yu explained but the man just shook his head.

"So... what is it?"

"...Yea know, I best not say it. It's night soil, just think of it as such." Yu dismissed the man, who went off to drop the bag outside. He didn't have the heart to say it to a man carrying rotten fruit... Largely because he didn't want the floor covered in vomit...

Night soil was... Well... The return to nature.

And... Well... It was needed no matter what it was.

Had they cows, they would be handy for it...

No matter, Yu hefted up a bundle of picks and began hefting them to the door. The head of one falling off, illiciting a groan from the man... Up hill battle the whole way... Soon he would have his tools, most in states of disrepair, but they would do, for now. Once everything was together, he had a good number, even if he had to take a hammer to that really bent up sickle. But by the end... There was alot of scrap metal he dug up. He thought on saying goodbye to the two ministers in this place... But by now they were likely as busy as he was. He would take his leave without fanfare.

They were too... Refined for his taste, anyways. One looked like a whirlwind of ink and paper and the other he had no read on. Well, both he didn't, perhaps at the end he would commend them to the lord for their expedient movement to work when called upon by their peers.

...To think, he was considered a peer in status to such people... Hell, he could be considered peer to the many military leaders... Or at least, in the cohort.

Such things are normally unthinkable for a farmer... But here he was... And here he will stay, for it was his duty to fufill the desires of those around him, in turn he will ask of them in kind.

"Alright you lot, report back to your bosses, don't dally or i'll tell yer mothers and have them whip you to shape. Go on! Get goin!" He dispersed the crowd, leaving the minister with a good bit of tools and a cart... Which he may be sneaking off with from the store house.

He would return it later! He needed it now!

With tools in cart, he began pulling it by hand, a sight in truth to see the little man pulling this weight, the tools clattering and clanging as he rolled over stone or bump, his size did little to show his strength. Inside his jacket, a furry friend mutted and yipped...

It was soon time for lunch, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back