• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Keepers of Reality Ooc

Main
Here
I was just checking to see if everyone was okay! I’m in the same boat when it comes to being extremely busy :)

I was officially laid off yesterday 😂 this Coronavirus is something.

Im good tho, I had some warning it was coming, and my previous job set me up well enough that I’ll be fine. My Bf’s still gettin paid from home too. I literally just started this job this week. They also said they planned on hiring me back soon as this mess is all over.

I was officially laid off yesterday 😂 this Coronavirus is something.

Im good tho, I had some warning it was coming, and my previous job set me up well enough that I’ll be fine. My Bf’s still gettin paid from home too. I literally just started this job this week. They also said they planned on hiring me back soon as this mess is all over.

Oh gosh! I know you said you're good--but if you need anything, let me know!
I'm hoping my little universities stay above water enough to have their favorite biology adjunct teach next semester.

Oh gosh! I know you said you're good--but if you need anything, let me know!
I'm hoping my little universities stay above water enough to have their favorite biology adjunct teach next semester.

Thanks : ) I was between jobs for a couple months and I finally found something that interested me and was ready to get back in the game when the world decided to blow up. It sucks, but it’s life.

There’s so much unknown right now. My whole state is shut down right now, and no one knows how long this is going to go on and if anything’s gonna be left once it’s over. It’s one thing to shut a state down, another to get it up and running again. It’ll definitely be an interesting ride, that’s for sure.

Thanks : ) I was between jobs for a couple months and I finally found something that interested me and was ready to get back in the game when the world decided to blow up. It sucks, but it’s life.

There’s so much unknown right now. My whole state is shut down right now, and no one knows how long this is going to go on and if anything’s gonna be left once it’s over. It’s one thing to shut a state down, another to get it up and running again. It’ll definitely be an interesting ride, that’s for sure.

Ug, that does suck. I hope they are able to hire you back!

Oh, I know that feel. My parents are both in the medical profession, and they are freaking me out more than I was previously concerned. I tend to be an optimistic realist, but yeah, this will definitely be an interesting ride. I'm sitting at home (with plenty to do--still gotta teach!) trying to find ways to help. I don't think they want my blood with all the places I've traveled in the past few years, but I have lab skills--put me to work fighting this thing, lol. Even an undergrad can run a PCR! The labs that have a monopoly on the tests are backlogged at least a week--but they won't bring on any help -_-. I'd do it for free at this point, lol.

Hey! How is everyone during this chaotic time? My job is considered essential so I’m still working but my city isn’t taking this pandemic seriously at all. I’m practicing social distancing as much as I can but I just wanted to check on yall☺️

Surviving!
I'm teaching from home which has not been my favorite thing in the world, but here we all. Hope you're doing well!

My whole state is in shelter in place atm. It’s a strange world we live in indeed. Hangin in there. To be honest, it’s a real eye opener into the complete lack of hobbies I actually have.

My state is, too!
I have so many hobbies, but most of them now include avoiding recording lectures xP

As a student, I never really cared for online classes, mostly cause I need the discipline of in-class learning, plus I just learn better in a classroom environment. I can’t imagine having to teach online. I refuse to face-time my bf cause I hate my face on a screen, I can’t imagine recording videos for students to watch

I did my master’s online so yeah, it’s rough, lol. And I’m super self-motivated.
it’s not my fav because I’m like the dog from “Up” and will get distracted. At least in class I have something to look at—all my students think I don’t see them shopping online in my class but I do. I also pace when I lecture, so I’ve resorted to spinning in my desk chair, bahaha.
At least it’s been too cold to sit outside recently because for a few lectures, I was on my porch and interrupted myself to yell at my dog to not eat the lizard she caught.
Though, today I was describing the reproductive process, and one of my teenage sisters, who I didn’t even know was in my house, came marching into my room with popcorn. XD
I’m pretty sure my students think I’m nuts.

Haha, I’m pretty sure most students think their instructors are nuts. Sounds entertaining enough tho. I mean online sucks enough as it is, so if you can make things a little more personal, then maybe they’ll be able to retain the lesson alright.

I get what you mean tho, I’m a fidgeter, so standing/sitting still is not my strong suit. If I’m sitting in a chair that spins, there is a 100% chance I will start spinning

Oh definitely! I hope the random interruptions make them laugh. They could use some levity right now. They’re all so stressed, poor things.

Good! Staying busy with work and stuffs. Been thinking about the little world we created here and how our characters would handle a pandemic like we are😂

Death would be yelling at everyone to social distance and walking around like "you see how long my scythe's shaft is? that's six feet" and he doesn't understand why people keep fainting. The only one not bothered is a spry 90yo who had a heart attack last year and she remembers him and thinks he's just the sweetest thing and could he grab her the last package of toilet paper since he's so tall? Everyone in the Costco is freaking out but the Grim Reaper isn't there for the lady's soul, he's just helping her shop and keeping people six feet away from her.

Time is annoyed as heck because she keeps slowing way down and then speeding up and loosing entire days and what the heck happened to the entire month of May?? Did it get eaten by March?? It's very annoying why don't these humans just stick to a schedule. There's a large pile of calendars and clocks and planners and bullet journals in her house and you can hear grumbling and cursing coming from inside it.

I assume Chaos just explodes out of issolation like "KILLER HORNETS AND UFOs!!"

That sounds about right.

Meanwhile Mother Earth is taking full advantage of the lack of humans stomping around, and slowly reintroducing the wildlife to their original habitats. Maybe if this lasts long enough, she will manage to build up a whole army of wild critters to take a stand when the humans attempt to return to their destructive and intrusive ways.

Seraphina halfway listened to the stay at home orders but still took her nightly walks past the closed bars and coven houses. She probably taught her cat a new game to make things less lonely.

Meanwhile Love is having a blast with couples in self isolation together, whether theyre fighting or creating children. But she wishes that people could go out on dates like they used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back