• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Keep it Rolling: an Original Roleplaying System

thefoxybard

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello fine fellow folk of RpNation. I am, as you can see, somewhat new to the app, however after some preliminary exploration I feel as though I am ready to take a leap into the roleplaying world, but presenting and offering to you Keep it Rolling (shortened as KiR)

Keep it Rolling is a Core game system designed with customizability, and ease of use in mind. My design method was to ensure that players could learn it easily and somewhat quickly, some core features of the system are:

• Fully customizable and designer friendly Character creation system
  • A neat wounding system for tracking health as opposed to Health Points
  • The ability to create virtually any setting or character you want using the base game rules.
  • No leveling! Instead characters advance by spending points they earn through playing the game!
For safety reasons I will not be posting the full rulebook here, but if there is any interest in play testing this brand new and innovative system, please reach out to me!

I look forward to making some new friends, and hopefully having an awesome roleplaying experience!

Sorry, but - is there a plot idea for your system? Or, are you looking for people to create an idea with you?

Sorry, but - is there a plot idea for your system? Or, are you looking for people to create an idea with you?
Im flexible when it comes to plot, id rather organize an idea with the group, if there is a sufficient interest.

You may not find a huge crowd for a dice-based system on RPNation as we're in a new generation for roleplaying, that's for sure. Without a plot, it'll be a little harder to take interest. Maybe list things you're interested in that would be an option worth discussing. Saw your post about your dice system prior so I'm not doubting you have a good, fleshed out formula.

I'll keep a watch to see if interest brews. But, at this time, I don't have any particular plot ideas.

I may go in and edit. I was already considering that to be honest. Im just struggling world building at the moment, and to be perfectly honest just didn't want to go to the trouble. But I'll put something together.

You may not find a huge crowd for a dice-based system on RPNation as we're in a new generation for roleplaying, that's for sure. Without a plot, it'll be a little harder to take interest. Maybe list things you're interested in that would be an option worth discussing. Saw your post about your dice system prior so I'm not doubting you have a good, fleshed out formula.

I'll keep a watch to see if interest brews. But, at this time, I don't have any particular plot ideas.
Apologies for late replies. I have been out and about.

I am very curious about this d6 system of yours and seeing how it and the world engulfing it functions. Colour me interested.

I am very curious about this d6 system of yours and seeing how it and the world engulfing it functions. Colour me interested.
Glad to hear it! Actually the system itself is a "core" system meant to be used as an aid in the creation of your own worlds/realities, mostly to provide some stability while still giving you the ability to do pretty much... Whatever you want. In theory.

Ah-h-h, makes sense. I saw worldbuilding earlier and thought you were trying to flesh something out. Apologies. Still, I am quite interested in the wounding mechanic, as this seems hard to do without the bounds of hit points (I grew up on D&D, the Might and Magic series, and Battletech). I wonder if it is like a paper doll of sorts, tracking arms, legs, torso, and head.

Ah-h-h, makes sense. I saw worldbuilding earlier and thought you were trying to flesh something out. Apologies. Still, I am quite interested in the wounding mechanic, as this seems hard to do without the bounds of hit points (I grew up on D&D, the Might and Magic series, and Battletech). I wonder if it is like a paper doll of sorts, tracking arms, legs, torso, and head.
Aaaah! Im actually very proud of the wounding system!! It took me ages to perfect! Ive actually been working on this game in various iterations for probably about 8 years!

Its quite neat tho! Basically I divided lethality of wounds into three layers, and as your character accrue more wounds they begin to become negatively impacted by them. The most severe wounds will lead to death quite quickly!

Its quite neat tho! Basically I divided lethality of wounds into three layers, and as your character accrue more wounds they begin to become negatively impacted by them. The most severe wounds will lead to death quite quickly!
The element of risk is quite high in this game. I try to simulate elements of reality in a game friendly manner as much as possible!

Id be more then happy to send you the rulebook if you are interested?

Ooh . . . lethality. I like that. I wonder how that works with a dice system and if there are thresholds to roll and beat. For instance, two L1 (2x2 points) wounds and a L3 (1x6 points), and you roll 5d6, trying to beat a roll of 2x2 + 1x6 = 10. And ooh, yes, please do. I have been contemplating a few ideas for a group roleplay and game mechanics. This might be nice for that world.

Ooh . . . lethality. I like that. I wonder how that works with a dice system and if there are thresholds to roll and beat. For instance, two L1 (2x2 points) wounds and a L3 (1x6 points), and you roll 5d6, trying to beat a roll of 2x2 + 1x6 = 10. And ooh, yes, please do. I have been contemplating a few ideas for a group roleplay and game mechanics. This might be nice for that world.
Nope. Nothing so complicated as that! In fact its very straightforward and simple.... But then. You will see for yourself 🤣 would you mind terribly if I pm'd you the file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back