• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Katawa Gakkō (School for the Disabled) (CLOSED)

Rusty of Shackleford

Nine Thousand Club
(As of now, the RP is currently closed!)
05e4609c4d9377dd181ee8e153cfaaa2.jpg

The town of Yamaku, located in the Shiga prefecture of the Kyoto region, is nothing remarkable. The only odd thing about it is how...disconnected it is. Despite an hour or so long drive from Kyoto, the population is incredibly small, mostly made up of locals from the area, and the occasional elderly couple looking to live out their retirement in peace. Well, with one big exception. The town has an abnormal amount of teenagers, due to it's most notable feature: the titular Yamaku Academy. On the surface, it seems like an average, if very well-to-do school, complete with ample facilities, clubs, and funding. But it serves another purpose. Yamaku specializes in accommodating those with physical disabilities, the idea being that while they are mentally capable of handling themselves, they may need some help, be it medical or otherwise. The school has multiple facilities that accomodate these students, including a 24 hour nursing staff. People with all manner of diabilities attend Yamaku, be it physical or health, although the school does not discriminate by health: technically, anyone can enroll, the Academy is simply designed to help those with physical disabilities. You are one of these students, beginning your final year of high school. How will you spend it?

Hello! Welcome to my most recent request thread! As the riveting info dump text crawl states, this is an anime inspired RP focusing on a high school for those with physical disabilities, whether it be health related, some sort of disfigurement, etc. But like I said, it's not a requirement. The school is simply catered for disabled students. Characters can be...pretty much anything, just as long as it's grounded. This is set in crazy anime land with impossible hair colors, but it's still reality, if that makes sense. They don't even need to be from Japan, as foreign exchange students are also allowed! Now that I've continued to bore you, allow me to bore you even further with the rules. I know, I know, you've seen them before, but I'd love it if you'd read them!

1. Charles Cheese Charles Cheese Is my co-mod, so feel free to ask them any questions if I'm not available! Their decisions are also law, pretty much.

2. 18+ for all characters. I know this is a high school RP, but I'd prefer every character be 18 or over. Your age doesn't matter, though.

3. I usually don't require much in terms of literacy, but I'd prefer if you post at least 2 paragraphs a post. I don't need a novella every post, but I expect some level of literacy.

4. No NFSW stuff. Love is beautiful, but if things get a bit steamy, please do a fade to black. I would really rather not have anyone get banned from the site.

5. Be respectful in general. I expect everyone to do research on their character's condition. Granted, you don't need a degree in medicine just to join. Know enough about it to write a sizable paragraph describing it.

6. Have fun! Feel free to provide any ideas you have for plots!

7. Please have Discord. It makes OOC communication much easier.

That's about everything! Feel free to post here if you're interested!

t s u k i t s u k i

Last edited:
this looks like fun! although i do have one question. if all characters are to be of age, is there a specific reason for staying true to the game and keeping the setting a high school, rather than a university?

this looks like fun! although i do have one question. if all characters are to be of age, is there a specific reason for staying true to the game and keeping the setting a high school, rather than a university?
I don't really have a reason, honestly. Good question, though! If it goes on long enough, I may have it follow everyone into college!

Katawa Shoujo, now that is a name I haven't heard in eons...

Must... resist... urge to make... blatant expies of existing Katawa Shoujo characters...

Katawa Shoujo, now that is a name I haven't heard in eons...

Must... resist... urge to make... blatant expies of existing Katawa Shoujo characters...
I jsut got into it! I actually forgot to mention that this takes place about 20 years after the game, as I've changed it so the game took place in the erly 2000s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back