• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Hecotoro

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Suicide Squad Kamikaze Team, is totally inspired by the DC Comics famous team. The idea is to create a fan made world, for which I have several ideas already, which mimics Marvel/DC comics. I specify those two specifically because lately the line between comics and anime has been getting a bit blurry, I would like to lean on the comics for this, specially regarding superpowers. So, I haven't done much of the plot yet, but your OC would be part of this team, made up of criminals, forced to do the government's dirty work. Here are some things I would like for the rp:

• No overpowered beings, altering reality, creating dark holes, nothing that can easily solo the missions. The idea is to have people work as a team, so if your OC can do it all on their own, they probably shouldn't be part of this.
  • A balance between good drama, serious scenes and comedy, fun ones. Sometimes a character has to be the comic relief, I get it, but if the whole team is just a bunch of comedy based characters, we won't get anywhere.
  • Give the world a Deadpool vibe, not breaking the 4th wall, but how there are characters who can't keep it in their pants while some are hardcore religious fans or depressed adults. Have the world react to how people would really, if super powered people ran all over the place.
  • Respect backgrounds of other OCs. I know we all want to be the very best like no one ever was. But if you have a Kung Fu master who has trained for thirty years to perfect his style, don't have your newbie with a bat dunk on him like it was just some warm up.
  • While most of this will be PvE, we might have some PvP every now and then, please come to a conclusion together so that fight doesn't lead to a discussion.
  • Since the rp will rely on the plot a lot, communication will be very important. This means, if you want to have your oc go off to the side and ignore the plot, please talk it out with the team. Don't create "secret" plot twists that nobody is aware of and can change things drastically, like having your oc secretly be a super sayain and starts killing everything or it turns out they were the bad guys all along.
  • Speaking of communication, this goes for OOC also. If you have things to do, busy month, going through a break up, your anime wifu died, whatever the reason, you need to step away, that's completely fine! Just keep us informed, it sucks having to hunt down people to see if they're still interesting.
  • Last of all, for now, looking to have a team of 4-6 people. Start the rp at 4 and allow 2 more to join. It is a suicide squad, so OCs can die, which means if you want to drop, we can just have your oc taken out.
There's more things to go over ofc, world building, OC limitations, why the new Spiderverse movie is so dope and so on. Let me know if you're interested and specially if you would like to join :3 I will create a discord server for it and we can start dropping down ideas.

Id be up for this, first idea was a character like Flatline from DC, but can go a different direction if thats no good.

It sounds like a fun mechanic to mess around with, we're just gonna need plenty of fresh dead people for her to use xD

I was interested in this, but my writing itself inherently drifts towards Anime since Western Media Production Companies kinda just fall into the same repetitive stuff.

I don't know how serious you are about the anti-anime/manga sentiment. So I mostly just wanna know if it would conflict with my writing style.

I'm interested. Initial premise is an undead detective with a one or more ghosts in her mind that occasionally take control and get into trouble.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma the anime style is more based on the powers, while there are some incredible ones, there's also some completely weird xD
I don't mind if you have an anime writing style, as long as your powers aren't completely based on anime, that's fine with me

RikuXIII RikuXIII love the idea!

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma the anime style is more based on the powers, while there are some incredible ones, there's also some completely weird xD
I don't mind if you have an anime writing style, as long as your powers aren't completely based on anime, that's fine with me

RikuXIII RikuXIII love the idea!
Weird powers have always kinda been part of stuff like suicide squad or even just standard rogues galleries. Think about characters like polka dot man, his powers in the modern incarnation are throwing parasitic semi-dimensional spots that can eat through matter.

Or sportsmaster who can use sports equipment as lethal weapons.

It’s true, Americans prefer the classic Flying Brick and Superpower lottery powers, but you don’t have to look hard to find weirdoes.

I think the main difference is that in Japan those powers are generally treated with the same respect as a lot of superpower lottery stuff, and in America, if you say, have “bubblegum powers” you’ll at most make it onto a top ten list of the “lamest villains.”

Well I'm more referring to having super strength is cool, but going all might or Goku is a bit far. We don't want people busting a hole in a mountain because they did 100 pushups, pull ups and ran 100 km every day.

Well I'm more referring to having super strength is cool, but going all might or Goku is a bit far. We don't want people busting a hole in a mountain because they did 100 pushups, pull ups and ran 100 km every day.
So it’s not the weirdness factor so much as it is the exaggeration and flashiness?

That’s not a problem, I completely get it and I’m willing to abide by it, but I think saying that anime is way out of the league of comic books in terms is a bit shortsighted, since it’s not like heroes in DC and marvel — especially characters like Superman or Sentry, for whom characters like All Might, Saitama, (and to a minor extent Goku) — are inspired aren’t like that too.

Yeah ofc there's always exaggerations, literally beings who can change reality with just a thought. But we're avoid those for the sake of the rp xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back