Eye Color: Brown

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 130 lbs

Body Figure: Slim

Tattoos/Markings: N/A

Distinguishing Features: Curly Hair

Clothing Style:
K I A R A

If There's So Much I Must Be, Can I Still Just Be Me... The Way I Am?

Personality:
Kamaria has a deep-seated, psychological fear of losing people. She hates the idea of her friends leaving her or her parents leaving each other, though she can only prevent one of these two scenarios. As such, she is somewhat clingy to those she considers her friends. Time spent with them is precious to her, as she never knows when those friends may tire of her, an inevitability she’s come to dread and expect. But she’ll hold on for as long as she can, because no matter her cynicism, she believes in the power of friendship.

Mari is always coming up with weird ideas. Well, really, they’re just incredibly creative. She mostly puts these ideas to use for writing, which results in some interesting concepts. This has made her quite resourceful when trying to solve a problem, whether it be social or a particularly awful math problem. Her imagination also stretches to her romantic life (or lack thereof), which often leads to her imagining less than likely situations involving a crush or someone else that she happens to find attractive.

More than anything, Mari is incredibly caring and selfless, though it sometimes comes across as more selfish. She tries to avoid rocking the boat, so she often keeps her true feelings a secret, unless something sets off one of her mood swings… then she becomes angry and won’t hide her feelings very well, or express them well, for that matter. She cares a whole heck of a lot about those close to her, and she’d do anything to make them smile and keep them happy, even if that means sacrificing the idea of her own happiness. In her eyes, others’ happiness is her happiness.

Virtues:
■ Accepting
■ Selfless
■ Devotion
■ Kindhearted
■ Creative

Vices:
■ Selfish
■ Lonely
■ Envious
■ Pessimistic
■ Moody

Quirks:
■ Very affectionate; will hug upon seeing a friend
■ Comes up with too many writing ideas but rarely implements them into anything coherent

Habits:
■ Carries around a notebook to write in
■ Twirls a certain strand of hair when she's tired until it's curlier than the rest of her hair

■ Friends
■ Anime
■ Her Father
■ Autumn

Dislikes:
■ Her Mother (Sometimes)
■ Exclusion
■ Cold Weather
■ Being Angry
■ Downward Spirals

Fear:
Being Alone

Our Place is With Our Pride

History:
Kamaria grew up in a loving household, with a mostly standard childhood. She figured out from a young age that she wanted to spend her life writing, for she had an imagination that spouted countless ideas she couldn’t wait to share with the world. Her friends and family supported her in her aspirations as she continued to grow in her writing.

Unfortunately, around the end of elementary school, Mari’s father lost his job. From that point on, her family fell into a state of increasing poverty, a middle-class family that straddled the line between poverty and middle class. It was rough on the family, especially since Mari had so many opportunities for music trips and even an exchange trip. This also included her father working in another state to help pay the bills.

With her family separated and her mother always keeping busy to avoid thinking too hard about their troubles, Mari found herself isolated. To hide the strange emptiness she felt inside, she began to act differently. She was over the top, often called “crazy” (in a good way) and was one of the most chipper people in her school. But what her friends didn’t know was that she was truly unhappy, miserable in fact. Not wanting to disappoint anyone, she often hid her hurt until it bubbled over and she ended up hurting her friends more than she would have to begin with.

Her only solace was in her friends at her church. They, more than anyone else, understood how exactly she was feeling. They knew how to handle her mood swings and comfort her when she was having a bad day. It was there that Mari felt happiest, like she wasn’t faking everything she was feeling.

Near the end of high school, Mari was hit with the biggest shock of her life. Her parents, who had stayed together despite the distance, were getting divorced. She was devastated, for though she loved both her parents, a part of her was completely furious with them, too. They spent all their time pretty much forgetting her, and now they weren’t even considering how this would affect her? She was, to say the least, pissed. She wrote furiously to express those feelings she couldn’t bury deep within herself.

Around that time, Mari noticed her friends drifting farther and farther away from her. She began to feel alone, more so than she ever had before. Her affection had no one to receive it, and her vulnerability increased. She was losing everyone she loved, in her eyes, and she couldn’t handle that.

So she tried to forget by going to Walt Disney University to study the one thing that could make her smile anymore: writing. It was her way of starting over from scratch, but hopefully this time her friends would be for keeps.

Theme Song: "Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin

A Wise King Once Told Me "We Are One." I Didn't Understand Him Then. Now I Do.

Year: First

Elective(s): Music, Writing Center

Major: Creative Writing

Club(s): Disney Sorority, Book Club, Glee Club

Relationships: Here

Crush: ~

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Users who are viewing this thread

Back