• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

“Uuuuh good question.” He said, trying to bring up any semblance of what the town was called. It was unusual for him to forget something so important, and it made him feel a little dumb. But then again, he hadn’t been able to get any real rest in a while. His mind wasn’t running up to par.
“I’m sure we’ll figure it out when we get there.”

Rufus thought for a few moments, silence hovering in the air.

"Drafisl." He finally said. "That's the name.
They'll probably have some work for us."

“Mhm. Especially with your never ending list of talents.” He answered.

There was a pause as Kairo entered a state of deep thought. With the newly found free time, his mind began to wonder again. And not surprisingly, it was going back to the camp. There entire goal of getting back there seemed to be completely sidetracked as of now. And he didn’t know if that was a good thing. Sure, the two of them wouldn’t change the situation at camp much. But being out here? He felt like he’d ditched Stryx to fend for himself.

“By the way. We aren’t going to stay there long right?” He looked up at Rufus. “We’ve still got responsibilities and ties to camp.”

"I know. That's why we need to get work." He sat up and held up his hand. "We don't know where we are geographically, so we don't know where the camp is." His listing came with a counting of fingers. "We need food and shelter to last us until we learn these things, and we'll need supplies to make the trip.
You follow?" He lowered his hand.

Kairo cringed. Not realizing all the technical details they had to figure out until Rufus pointed it out. He fell back on the bed, letting out a groan of annoyance.

“Fuuuck. Your right.” He said, looking up at the ceiling. “I’m getting the feeling that it’s gonna be a while before we go back there.”

He laid down and took off his scarf to drape it over his eyes.
"Get used to it, buddy. We're in the same boat on this one. Lucky for you, I've never left."

“So you’ll do all the hard work and I’ll just stand back and benefit from it? Sounds like a plan.” He says jokingly, ellicitng a small tired laugh .

No response came from his rugged companion. Exhaustion and comfort took hold, and Rufus Maye was quickly asleep and quietly snoring.

He raised his head, as to confirm the snoring was coming from Rufus. He’d never seen someone fall asleep that fast.

Making sure to keep quiet. He slowly rose to sit on the bed. He was feeling pretty drowsy himself, but sleeping now would signal some pretty bad jet lag for him later. So it might be a better idea to go out and take a look around. There was no harm in familiarizing himself with his environment.

He very carefully got out of bed and walked out the door. Making sure to slowly close it as he left the room. After that, he made a beeline down the stairs.

The two Kendians from earlier were now leaving, their footsteps soundes heavy even from Kairo's current distance.

From his current view, the inn bore furniture definitely suited for large patrons. The walls were decorated with hunting trophies of animals unknown to Kairo, and the doorway had a hanging symbol similar to the effigy found on the giant tree he saw on his first journey into the jungle.

Cräga was busy cleaning up after the two Kendians.

Kairo watched as the two Kendian's made to leave, then back over at Cräga. She seemed a bit occupied at the moment, but then again, she never really looked like she wasn't busy. At least when she was working.

He wanted to approach her, but it felt like there was a physical barrier blocking him. Every single time he tried to step past it, his mind would slowly move him back to the original spot. Forcing him within the confines of the bottom of the stairs. He just didn't know what to say to her, what to do, in fact, he just about didn't know anything at this point.

'Fucking hell! Just walk up to her!' Kairo thought to himself. He took a few deep breathes and walked towards her. He thought of what to say. He wanted to sound suave, cool, chill, or just anything that didn't make him sound like a dumbass. He walked over to the table, one hand perching on the top of a chair that looked way too big for him.

".........Hi."

Cräga stopped cleaning a beer mug made of wood and metal bindings to glance at him.

"Can I help you?" She asked casually.

"Um. YES! I mean not with anything important, but uhhh. Ahh fuck." Kairo stumbled. To his utter shock, forming coherent sentences seemed to be something he couldn't do when in the vicinity of a hot girl.

"Ummm? Do you need any help with that?" He asked, gesturing at the table. It was a lame save, but better than leaving the conversation at that.

"No I can handle it." She assured, returning to her own cleaning. "I'm expecting a food delivery soon so you can help my supplier with the meat when he gets here." She brushed a stray lock of ebony hair from her face.
"He's not too social so don't be too chatty."
She met hiz gaze.
"Trust me."

Kairo raised his eyebrow. That definitely didn't go as he expected. This supplier guy didn't sound like someone friendly. But he's never been one to turn down a chance to help. Especially for someone like her.

Not to mention, it was a chance for him to back away from this wreck of a conversation.

He didn't understand why. This person in front of her wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, and yet, when she met Kairo's gaze, he could feel himself getting just a tiny bit more flustered. He thought he wasn't the type to judge people solely by looks. But after meeting her, he had to guiltily rethink if he was really past that.

"That might be tough. But I'll try my best" He said. "I'll...I'll go do that right now." He backed away, before turning around and heading towards the entrance.

As he opens the door, he realized that in his flustered daze, he forgot the Cräga implied the suppler wasn't here yet. Seeing no one outside, he slowly closes the door. Glancing back at her with a nervous smile. "Uhhhh. You meant he'd be here later. Right?"

She was not looking in his direction in that moment, but still she nodded.
"In an hour most likely. He's been pretty consistent."

“ I guess I’ll Wait then.” He said. Turning back around and closing the door, he set off towards an empty table, carefully pulling out the chair and sitting down. Hopefully she didn’t mind it.

“Uh. So You work here alone?” He asked, resting
his head on his arms, which themselves were resting on the table.

"Mm-hmm. Kendians travel through here and so do traders from the coast. Sparse enough tenants to be managed alone but often enough to be profitable." She explained.

“Yeah. It’s pretty quiet here. I gotta admit.” He looked around in the establishment. Besides Rufus. The only person he knew was here was the neighbour in the room next to theirs.
“Feels like it would get kind of lonely working here alone though.”

"I get visitors from town." She shrugged. "You always ask this many questions?"

Sounds of the wind rustling the trees outside provided a soothing ambience to the prior quiet.

Kairo listened as the trees outside did their thing. It was calming, and in any other situation, would have killed him to sleep. But not when the nerves he had still hadn’t completely died down. Still. It provided some nice ambience. “Oh? Uh. Now that you bring it up? I guess I do. Especially recently” He sat bacK up. “Lots of things to learn!” He added with a small chuckle

Kairo tensed up at that question. He realized that what he just said could have caused some suspicion. But it didn’t dawn on him until now.

“A fishing village...up northwest from here.” He said, dawning his best poker face. He hoped that was enough to fool her.

She kept her look on him, as though studying him.
"Seems like there's a new town every day." She shrugged and returned to her work.

Soft footsteps approached from outside the door. Dirt and twig crunched in eveb succession with one another.

His body relaxed and he let out a sigh of relief. He couldn’t tell if Cräga knew he was lying. But if she did, at least she wasn’t bringing it up. His and Rufus’s secret was safe for now.

It wasn’t much later that Kairo heard footsteps coming from outside.
“Suppliers here. Awfully early too.” He said, stating the obvious.
Unwillingly, he got off the comfy chair, and went to open the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back