• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

Kairo gave it some thought. “Just before I got the guy in the stomach.” He answered. “Was he just being a dick or?”

Darrek thought about the events that transpired.
"You mean when you stabbed him in the chest? What did he say? I was on the ground."

“Uuh. You were talking to him in another language.” He said in between huffs. “Or was my mind just messing with me.”

"Oh that." Darrek laughed. "My Rithian is really bad. I only know a few phrases and words.

Only few things I heard him say was 'bastard son of a bitch'.

All I told him was 'shut up'." He shrugged.
"I don't really speak Rithian."

Rufus cocked his head and kicked some water out of his boot.
"Thought that was the Irokai language?"

"I'm an Irokai, yes, but I wasn't born or raised in Rithia. I can chat with a Kendian or Vindav of most any clan fine, but Rithia or Arvekii . . . Not very learned."

"You seem to know English alright."

"What's English?"

"What you're speaking right now. What we're speaking."

"Oh that's what you call it?" Darrek smirked. "I was taught it was one of the dialects of Sapish."

"Sapish?"

"Language of humanity. One of many in your day." He paused. "Wait, you guys are real Archaic? That's what Victor said."

There wasn’t much use hiding it anymore, especially after the fight they’d just had.
“Yeah, as real as you’re gonna get.” He said with a nod. “Sorry we dragged you into this mess.”

"Well to be fair, I've been wanting to shoot those 'kaldün' for a while, so thanks for the backup." He joked. "Plus . . ." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small coin purse that jingled full of monetary contents.
"I know Bazin had the heaviest one of these." He chuckled mischieviously.

Kairo raised an eyebrow in surprise. How did that Irokai manage to grab Bazin’s coin purse in such a heated battle? That was more then just a little impressive. There had better be a fortune in their, otherwise this would have been terribly not worth it.

“You’re absolutely mad.” Kairo shook his head, a bit of a smile forming on his face. “Hopefully he doesn’t miss it too much.” He chuckled, before remembering what had happened to the man in the first place. He shook a bit recalling the image of the burning irokai. “Uh. That’s if he’s still alive.”

"He's alive." Rufus answered bluntly. "Remember our friend from the Noah? Wasn't easy to even knock him out." He wiped his visor of water once more.

Darrek glanced at him.
"Noah?"

“The Noahs. There the big ships we come from.” Kairo answered, removing his now soaked hood.
“I think a couple of them landed here before we did, it’s the exact same thing as those ones.”

"Oh those things." Darrek nodded. "Heard the story of the one that landed up North a long time ago.
It's why there are humans at all in Hennasia you know." He clarified. "Descendents of those Archaic that landed and survived."

Kairo smiled. “Yup. But I heard most of them weren’t well.” He paused. “Model citizens.....least not the ones the Rithian’s saw.”

"The ones down in this part of Hennasia aren't too bad." Darrek admitted. "Been hearing the Empire has been having firefights with some up North though."

Rufus sighed.
"Always something going on."

“Yeah. By the looks of it we may have made things much worse.” Kairo said. His original thoughts on integrating seemed we’re quickly flushed down the drain at that. It seemed no matter what they did, things would be pretty rough for them and the rest of the others. He shivered at the thought of what would have happened if Bazin had gotten his hands on them.

He kicked a rock conveniently laying on the floor. Instead of bouncing, it lodged itself in the muddy dirt floor. It didn’t help much to get his mind off the direness of the situation.

“You think Bazin and the others could still be lookin for us than?” He asked.

"Bazin definitely holds a grudge." Darrek chuckled. "But with the storm covering our scents, I think we're in the clear."

Rufus glanced around them as they moved, looking at the shaded treeline and the water soaked branches. The leaves dripped water in a discordant, but soothing, pattering of droplets upon greenery.

Kairo sighed in relief. “That’s good.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. “Last thing we need now is a pissed off gang coming after us.” He chuckled nervously.

There was a momentary pause before Kairo spoke again. “know how long it’s going to be till we get to that den?”

Darrek snapped off a water-covered leaf from a branch and slipped it into his mouth.
He chewed three times and then swallowed.
"Less than an hour." He glanced backward.
"You guys got any food?"

With the mention of food, Kairo began to take notice of how starved he was. Maybe they should have ordered something from the trading post, if they had drinks they were destined to also offer food. Sure they had the little food Rufus was carrying, but he would have killed for actual food. Not dried mystery meat.

“Yeah we do.” Kairo said, glancing over at Rufus. “Time to bring out the goods.”

Rufus checked the contents of his soaked backpack.
"Well the jerky's still good, and so are the . . . I dunno . . . Beans?"

Darrek stopped to sniff the bag.
"Oh it's Barbhorn jerky and yakpi seeds." He clarified. "Save em for now, when we get to the den we'll use one of the pots to get a stew going."

Rufus's stomach growled loudly, and he shut the pack.
"Nice hot stew sounds pretty damn good right now."

Kairo had to admit, the stew sounded much more appetizing than eating the meat and beans alone. Thank gosh they had someone native travelling with them now, otherwise tonight’s meal would have been much harder to bear.

“Yeah. I’ll second that. Haven’t eaten a good meal since last night.” Kairo said, remembering the berries and fruits Cräga had given them. That truly was such a long time ago.

Darrek laughed and continued on.
"You mammals and your appetites.

I haven't have a meal in six days."

Rufus cocked his head. "Mind explaining that one?"

"What's the word? Metabolism?
Archos have slower those."

Kairo looked at him, face filled with confusion and surprise. “Damn.” He managed to utter out. The concept of not eating regular meals was something completely unfamiliar to him, and these guys could go day’s without food? He wondered how a Archosaurian was even suppose to stay alive with such little nutrients.
“I’d think I’d rather die then go 6 days without food.” He chuckled. “Better get used to watching us eat everyday.”

"Oh don't get me wrong, I'll be eating." He blurted out. "I've just been broke cause of Bazin's boys.

I can eat." The Irokai grinned wolfishly.

"Just get us to this den and you can eat all you want." Rufus sighed.

Kairo laughed lightly, giving the Irokai a slap on the back. “Yeah yeah. Long as you leave some for me.” He joked. “Rufus’s share though, that’s all up for grabs”

"Fuck off." Rufus chuckled.

The three continued through the soaked jungle until they reached a rocky slope that jutted from a large mountain.
Built into the mossy mountainside was a wooden structure that would remind the humans of a medieval structure. Windows lined the sides and the door was caked in vines and other vegetation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back