• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

Kairo seemed slightly amused by that. A bit of a smile was visible on his face. He was thankful that Rufus wouldn't be able to see it though, seeing as Kairo was in the front.

He listened intently, waiting for Bom to continue.

"As I was saying, Kendians come from the continent to the Far West. Hundreds of years ago, our ancestral clans migrated to Hennasia to escape the strife of the homeland." Bom continued. "We retain our nomadic culture, and have lived peacefully with the indigenous Vindav of Kavera's Forests."
He pointed ahead.
"I am taking you to one of their villages for shelter. They are quite hospitable."

Rufus hummed in thought.
"What do these Vindav look like?"

"They are small. Smaller than humans even, and are evolved to move through the greenery unseen." Bom answered. "They do not hunt often, most of the time they forage and farm."

"And what about the other Archos? Like . . . I don't know . . . One a little bit bigger than a man, and a crested head?
Black scales?"

Bom fell silent at the description.
"That is quite the specification." He said, quieter.

With his curiosity now peaked, he turned his head to look back at the two. He'd gotten only more questions from the Guest in his time as his captive. There were so many loose ends in his mind related to the reptile, hopefully Bom would be able to tie some of those up.

"Someone like that infiltrated our ship a few months ago. Saw the guy again just a few days ago. Took me hostage and left me out in the jungle." He added on. Turning back to face the front. "I don't know much about him. But he does travel with...bat monkeys? As companions."

"Bat . . . Monk-eaze?" Bom repeated the words with effort in pronunciation, as though they were alien.

"He had a lot of scars too, we should mention." Rufus added.

Bom fell silent.
"I know of whom you speak." He sighed. "The Vindav call him 'Taroz Gharm'.
Tattered Feral.
They are wary of him for . . . Superstitious reasons. The reality is, he is an Irokai who lives alone in the wild.
I have had to allocate my clan's hunting borders around his territory to ensure peace among us all."

"Superstitious reasons?"

"Yes." Bom nodded. His voice was somewhat solemn in regards to the Feral.

"Mind clarifying?" Rufus poked.

"Ah, yes. I forget you are unlearned of Hennasian custom." Bom replied apologetically. "Vindav live a harsh life outside their villages. Medicine is limited to only sickness, so wounds of a grievous nature spell certain death from either bloodloss or infection. Any who suffer such wounds are cast into the jungle to die to avoid drawing the attention of scavengers.
So the Feral has many wounds that would have meant death for any Vindav. To them, he should not be alive, and so is regarded as a vengeful spirit of the South Kaveran Jungle."

Rufus scoffed at that.
"So he's a ghost?"

"He is a survivor who suffered enough for a lifetime, despite being young."

The treasure hunter was silent for a moment.
"You know him, don't you?"

"I have had dealings with him when I led the clan, yes."

Last edited:
Well that would definitely explain why the Guest had been alone. He'd always chalked it up to be something much less grim. Maybe he'd just been wondering around, or maybe the guy just didn't like living with other people. The last thing he expected was that the Guest had been cast out of society.

He looked down at the ground. Kicking a rock that laid next to his foot.
"That's terrible." He mumbled. And it truly was. Surviving alone in this world sounded like a complete shitshow.

"The clan you led. I'm guessing they believed he was a spirit too?" He looked back at Bom.

"No . . . We knew better. Or at least I did, anyway.
My sympathy toward him was what lead to my removal as leader I think." Bom cleared a path through a denser patch of vegetation.
"But that is in the past now, and not important in this current moment."

"So where exactly are we going, old man?" Rufus questioned as he cut away additional vines with his compact machete.

"Drafisl." Bom answered quickly. "Trade village for Kendian clans upon visits and a prosperous Vindav home. You can find food and rest easily within its walls."

"And they'll just let us walk about? Pretty as we please?"

"I would advise withholding your weapons of course."

“That shouldn’t be much of a problem.”
He says, remembering that his rifle was already nowhere to be found. He’d probably lost it back in the Cricket.

“So this is Vindav village? That’s frequented by...Kendian’s?” He paused. “Just out of curiosity. How many different races are there?”

"Four . . . Or five depending on where you are taught." Bom began. "Kendians, Vindav, across the sea is the land of Arvekii where the Sabris rule much of the lands.
South are the Irokai of the Rithian Empire. Much bad blood between them and the Arvekian Territories.
The fifth are the Propheni; distant cousins of the Irokai." He slowed his pace as the terrain smoothed.
"They are a nomadic people seldom seen in Hennasia."

Rufus made mental notes of all this information.
"You said the feral guy was an . . . 'Ee-roh-kay'?"

"Irokai, and yes. Although a stunted one."

"Stunted?" Rufus cocked his head.

"You humans have a word for it . . .
Runt?"

The gunslinger was silent for a few moments.
"That crazy son of a bitch is a RUNT? Christ what's a normal one like?"

"He is a unique case, to be sure. A feral Irokai is something even their own kind are wary of."

“Yeah. I don’t know how I feel about that.” He added, half jokingly, half serious. The guest really did have a bunch of surprises up his sleeve, even if he was nowhere near to share them.

He gave what Bom said some thought. It seemed that this planet would no longer be governed by humans. Which he wasn’t really surprised with. What did concern him though, was the implications it meant for them. It didn’t sound far fetched that they could destroy the entire camp.

“But on a different note. Do any of them know that we’re here?” He said, a hint of concern laced in his voice.

"Rithia and Arvekii? Not likely. They are far away." Bom assured. "However, it is hard to not notice a giant object descending from the skies when one lives in the jungle it lands in."

Rufus shrugged.
"Yeah, you got a point there. This spell trouble?"

"Hmmmm . . . It could. Then again, not many venture this deep into Kavera's Jungle."

That wasn’t good news. Even though they have the technology to fend for themselves. The idea of having to come to terms about sharing this land would be a diplomatic nightmare for both sides. For all that he’s been through, he was already beginning to think that he was far from the end.

“Let’s hope there’s no confrontation anytime soon then.” He said nervously. “Our people aren’t really....used to the idea of sharing the planet.”

"It is known." Bom glanced at Kairo. "Your culture has been part of history, you know."

Rufus looked at Kairo as well, wondering at the implications of that statement.

“Right.” He answered. Knowing that the ones who bore witness to their landing would hopefully leave them alone did bring a bit of salvation to him. But it wasn’t enough to quell his worries. Even with time to adjust, he wasn’t sure if the people aboard the Noah would accept this so easily.

There was a long pause while Kairo remained in his thoughts. All this integration stuff was really starting to give him a migraine.
“You know what. I’m sure we can figure that stuff out when we get to it.” A bit of a smile smudged on his face. “I’m too tired and hungry to think. How far are we from...Dra-fizel?”

"Dra-fissel." Bom corrected. "Not far. I will leave you at the traveler's rest down the road."

"Traveler's rest?"

"It is a walled building where hunters or wanderers moving from place to place rest and regain strength."

"Sounds like a truck stop." Rufus stated, liking the idea of getting a hot meal and a place to sit after all that had occured.

"Mayhaps." The old Kendian shrugged. "There is another human who owns the place. Cräga Vero. Tell her I sent you, and she will be less suspicious."

"Suspicious? Why would she be suspicious?"

"You both bear technology not seen in many parts of the world. The fact that you are human as well would give most folk caution for your intentions."

That last statement caught Kairo’s attention. He wasn’t completely sure what happened in the time since the last Noah arrived, but it must not have been very good if humans still had bad rep.
“Is there a reason for that?” Kairo asks.

"It is a tale too long to tell at the moment, but to gleam a portion of it . . . East of Arvekii is a land owned by humans who are not fond of Archosaurians, and have ventured to other lands specifically to hunt them." Bom explained. "Such men bear weapons of the Old World as we call it. The time when man ruled."

Rufus glanced at his own pistol, and ran a finger over his helmet, processing the impression they would give.

“....oh.” He said, pitch uncharacteristically high. He wasn’t sure how to respond to something like that. He didn't understand how anyone could be heartless enough to commit such genocide.
"That's....actually really terrible." He continued. His face scrunched in disgust.

"Such is the curse of civilization is to carry on the dark deeds of those before." The aged reptile said, as though quoting someone.
The three finally reached the smoothed dirt of a road.
"This is where we part. I hope we meet again under less stressful circumstances." He chuckled. "Continue down this road and you'll find the Traveler's Rest.
Regain your wits there, and best of luck."

"Wow." He exclaimed as he glanced down the dirt path. The road wasn't anything special, but to him, this thing was no different than a highway. Having the luxury of walking on a smooth surface was something he didn't have for a long time. That, and the prospect of a safe place for rest brought a smile on his face.

All of this was thanks to Bom. In fact, if it wasn't for him. Him and Rufus would have probably been dead by now. He turned over to face the Kendian, having to tilt his head upwards to meet him eye to eye.
"Thank you Bom. We really owe you one." He extended his hand for a handshake. Hoping the Kendian would understand the gesture.

Bom reached out his own hand, which was large enough to grab Kairo's entire head, and completed the handshake.
His grip was soft, but firm; yet it was clear he was holding back strength to avoid crushing the human's bones.

"I pass through Drafisl often, so we will most likely meet again." He smiled, and Kairo could finally see the old Kendian's face between the hood.
Dull fangs poked from a scaly lip, and the wrinkles provided further evidence for his age. Yet his green eyes bore a kindness to them.

Kairo's smile extended just a bit wider.
"Looking forward to it." He said, backing up a step to stand next to Rufus.

"Kavera watch over you both." Bom bowed his farewell, limping down the alternate path upon the road.
In a few moments, he was mostly shrouded by the dense foliage.
Rufus stood and gazed down the road meant for he and Kairo.

"So how bout it?" He looked at his companion. "Get another drink after running for our lives?"

Kairo watched on as Bom slowly disappeared into the jungle. The man was definitely something else. From what Bom had said, people seemed to be wary of humans, especially now that the Noah had landed. And yet Bom didn’t seem to hold any spite towards them. He and Rufus definitely lucked out big time.

Once Bom’s figure was concealed by the trees, he looked out onto the road ahead of them. He wasn’t going to stay here anymore. Especially when he knew what luxuries would be down the road.
“Oh. I’m gonna need more than one.” He answered. “Think dinosaur people have good brews?” He said turning to look at Rufus.

Last edited:
"I'd be fine with 'exploring their culture', if you know what I mean." He responded as he removed his helmet, smirking at his joke once his face was uncovered.

Kairo laughed heartily at the joke. “Yeah. Sounds like fun.” He added, as he began walking down the trail.
“Let’s get to the rest first. Getting blasted can come afterwards.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back