• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn

The sound the buildings made under the weight of the Tyravi was not promising. Those things couldn’t have been structurally sound, the Tyravi could probably destroy the things if they really wanted too. Kairo thought in horror that the very things protecting them against the Tyravi could very well be there downfall.

“Uhhh. Left.” He stated as they reached the two diverging alleyways. He turned the corner, continuing his hasty sprint, the new path seemed to be much more decrepit than the last, with fallen bricks and rocks from the building scattered across the floor. It made evading the Tyravi just that much harder.

Shadows swept over the dim light of the alleys as the two Tyravi walked over the chasm of the twin buildings. The clawed at the tops of the buildings, trying to tear away the building itself.
The third had left the alley entrance and was nowhere to be seen.

After ducking a tumbling slab of rubble, Rufus aimed his pistol and fired three shots. Every blast lit the alley with red light as the explosive-tipped rounds impacted on one of the predators. One round burnt and left a knuckle bleeding, while the other two blasted away small chunks of its chest. No true penetration into its scaly hide, but it yowled in pain and darted away. Its companion did similarly, avoiding the chance of harm.

Their footsteps thundered the through interiors of the buildings they stood upon.

“Nice shot!” He commented, that would definitely give them a few extra seconds to make their escape. A bit of a smile began to form on his face. Not because he was enjoying this at all, but rather he was finally beginning to have faith in their survival.

That wasn’t very long lasted though, as the two reached the end of the alleyway, turning the corner would reveal a huge road block in front of them. Blocking their path was an 8ft tall brick wall separating them and the Main Street ahead. His sprint came to an abrupt stop, and his face seem to light up with terror.
“Damnit!” He yelled, looking up at the top. “We’re gonna have to climb!”

Rufus moved past him and knelt with his back to the wall and his hands cupped together.
"I'll give you a boost." He nodded. "Pull me up when you're at the top."

Kairo didn't hesitate. Using the added help from Rufus, he climbed to the top of the wall in barely any time at all. Getting his legs on the other side, he balanced himself with his legs firmly secured on the other side of the wall, as to await the shift in weight. He reached out his hand to Rufus.
"Take my hand." He urged.

His companion holstered his pistol and leapt for Kairo's hand.
Above the two, the Tyravi returned and were clawing down the alley trying to snare Kairo on their curved claws.
He was only six feet away from a piercing doom.

As Kairo was in the process of pulling Rufus up, the shape sounds of clawing could be heard not far from where he was. He didn't dare look up, as he was pretty sure he knew what sight he'd catch if he was to do so. The fact that death was slowly creeping up to him made him work ten times harder, dragging Rufus up with all the might he could muster. Once the other man had gotten on the top, Kairo didn't hesitate to jump down to the other side of the wall.

Rufus quickly caught up to him, and saw they were reaching the end of the alley.
He glanced back to see the two dinosaurs watching them from the rooftops silently. That sight made a cautionary feeling rise in his gut as he watched Kairo move closer and closer to the alley's end. A ruined street and a corner were visible between the walls.

Then he felt that feeling intensify when Kairo was almost at the street. He snatched Kairo back once his foot breached through the alley, just as a massive claw raked from the right to stab into the nearby wall.
He watched with his hands on Kairo's shirt collar as the lead Tyravi snarled and carved its claws out of the brick. Within seconds, it started tearing away chunks of concrete to widen the alley, not showing its head to the humans.

Kairos eyes went wide in shock. In a moment of desperation, he’d almost gotten himself killed. He watched as the wall he was near got impaled. It was hard to imagine that it could’ve been him if it weren’t for Rufus.

There seemed to be another problem now though. They were effectively trapped now. There wasn’t a way they’d be able to get out of the alley, and he wasn’t sure if they’d have the time to climb the wall and run back. Kairo looked at Rufus.
“Please tell me you have a plan.” He pleaded.

Rufus checked his pistol.
"Three rounds." He sighed. "All I got is to hope I get a lucky hit on this one so we can get a head start on the other two."
He glanced behind them to see the twin Tyravi clawing away much of the rooftop, now to where they could reach the wall. The buildings crumbled inside, the echoing rubble audible from the alley's sides.
The leader theropod had made progress as well, nearly tearing away enough concrete to pounce at the humans.

Rufus took his stance, and readied himself for the dim chances to play out.
"Whoever gets eaten first has to make it choke. Buy the other time." He joked, popping the clip back in his magnum.

Just when the near-certainty of death attacked from three sources, a high-pitched ringing pierced the air around the ruins.
It was enough to make Kairo and Rufus's ears pop, but the Tyravi groaned and ceased their pursuit of the humans. All three retreated from the two buildings with their claws gripping their heads as a shield from the painful sound.

Once the ground-shaking stomps had faded, the ringing stopped.
In their place, softer (but still quite heavy) footsteps approached the alley, with a wooden clank accompanying every other step thudding on stone.
Rufus glanced at Kairo, then at the alley, where a giant cloaked figure peaked around the right corner.
In its hand was a walking stick with a lantern as its tip; and a large whistle dangling from wrapped string around the handle.
The individual had to have been standing around ten to eleven feet tall, and wore layered cloth stitched from various fabrics and lined with ornamental beads and pockets.
The face was shrouded behind cloth, but the eyes were clearly reptilian of golden color.

Rufus noticed the hand holding the walking stick was coated in faded green scales, and that the claws were filed down to bluntness.

The stranger stared at the two for a few moments before clearing its throat.
"I . . . Was not expecting humans." It spoke in a voice that rumbled deeply but bore the soft tone of an old man.
"Forgive my surprise." He bowed his hooded head slowly.

The last few moments had happened so quickly. He was absolutely sure that he'd reached the end. That he was going to die here. He wasn't ready for death yet. There was so much he'd left unaccomplished.
But then something completely unexpected had occurred. He remembered the loud ringing noise. It was agonizing on his ears, but he noticed that the Tyravi had lost interest in the two of them. They walked off. Kairo couldn't tell if they'd hated the noise, or if this was some sort of command. Either way, whoever had made the sound had spared the two from death.

It was surprising for him, that when said person finally showed up, that he didn't have anything to say to the man.

He stood there in silence for a few seconds, looking once at Rufus, then back at the reptilian man that stood before him. Even though his appearance was mostly hidden, he could make out the golden eyes. They almost perfectly resembled the guests.

He knew that the Guest wasn't the only one. But being face to face with another person from his race was still jarring for him.
"I...uh. Who are you?" His mouth stumbled trying to get the words out. Even though the immediate danger was gone, he was clearly still distraught.

The giant reptilian shook his great head, jingling the beads around his neck.
"Once more I ask your forgiveness." He placed a hand over his chest.
"Bom Eregar."
The saurian began sniffing the air.
"You two are not from these territories . . ." He gasped.
"Are you Archaic?" Again, he shook his head. "Let me rephrase that: are you from that ship that landed months ago?"

It was only with Bom’s reply that he realized how rude he was probably being.
“No. You don’t need to ask for our forgiveness. It’s just. I really wasn’t expecting you to come out of nowhere like that, and everything with the tyravi’s just been a bi-“ He stopped himself, realizing that he’d gone off on a flustered speech. A e rather useless one at that.
“Uh. Sorry. Forget about it. Yeah, we’re from the ship.” He stated, rubbing the back of his neck.

Rufus glanced between Kairo and the giant being calling himself Bom.
"Just going to be all casual about this? Ok." He shook his head.
"Uh . . . Thanks for the help there, Bom. You saw the ship land?"

The reptile nodded.
"Yes. Such an event has not been witnessed in Hennasia for some time."

Kairo felt the need to explain himself to Rufus. The giant that stood before them would have scared Kairo if he hadn’t been taken by the Guest just a day ago. But after spending that night with the Guest, he found it much less intimidating to stand next to someone like him.

Especially since this guy didn’t have a knife against his throat.

Then, something about Bom’s word caught his attention.
“Some time?” He asked. “Have other ships landed here before?”

"One other time, long ago." He said, pointing in a direction further down the road with his staff.
"We can't linger here, however.
I can lead you out of here and happily tell you more."

Rufus holstered his pistol.
"A way out? I like you already." He chuckled, making his way out of the alley.

Kairo let out a long, heavy breathe he didn’t even know he was holding. He was more then happy to be out of this place.
“Yeah. Thank you.” He genuinely added, a smile beginning to form on his face.
“You’ve got no clue how glad I am to hear that.” He followed along.

"I have an idea." Bom looked over his broad shoulder at the human.

Rufus noticed he walked with a limp. Accounts for the walking stick, evidently.

"However, I cannot fathom what humans would be doing in these caves." The saurian shook his head in pondering. "Not my business, but still my curiosity."

“Yeah. About that.” Kairo laughed nervously. He remembered what had happened beforehand. How the floor pretty much collapsed right under them. He wondered if things would have changed if he decided to drive in the forest just a few moments longer. Or at least been more careful.

“That’s on me. I was driving me and Rufus back to camp, and all of a sudden the floor kind of just...gave out on us.” He sighed dejectedly. “Next thing we know, we’re in the middle of this damn cave.”

"Yes . . . The Tyravi have been quite a nuisance since your ship provoked them in their dens." Bom admitted. "That's why I'm here you know. To check this pack's numbers to ensure there aren't any that splintered from the main group." He made a right and a decayed rail tunnel lay ahead.
"Not a far walk if you've the strength."

Rufus glanced at every building, wary of any other surprises.

"We didn't mean any harm landing here. At least I don't think so." He said, the last part came out as just a mere mumble. He knew he couldn't speak for everyone at the camp, but he wanted to believe that they were open-minded enough to accept they weren't the only smart ones now.

"Cause and effect, youngling. Merely cause and effect." Bom assured, going into the rail station with his walking stick clacking on the stone.

Rufus caught a glimpse of a tail protruding from underneath the rags. It was long enough to sway, but not very. The tip splayed into a fin-shape with a small row of spines down the middle. The color was faded grey, and the scale texture looked hard and thick.
Remembering the Guest's appearance, he discerned one thing about this Bom fellow. He stopped Kairo with a hand on his shoulder.

"This guy isn't the same as the Guest. Different type, I think." He whispered. "Not sure if that makes him more trustworthy or less."

Hearing Rufus’s word made Kairo curious. He looked discreetly at Bom in an attempt to find a difference between him and the Guest. But unfortunately for him, the cloak did a good job of hiding the creature. He was just going to have to take Rufus’s words on this one.

“Don’t think It matters too much.” He replied in a hushed tone. It was a bit concerning that this guy wasn’t the same type as the guest. But after spending so much time in this foreign place, the fear of the unknown was something he was now able to cope with.
“As long as he’s helping right?” He added in the same whispered tone. He didn’t dare say more than that though. It was rude to talk behind someone’s back. Even if the two had a good reason to do so.

"Yeah . . . But after the last encounter with a giant lizard, I'm a bit jaded." He glanced down the subway staircase where Bom's light still flickered. "And I'm STILL getting past the fact that these guys can fucking talk ok? A lot for me to process here, Kairo." His whispering became fierce.

"Are you two coming?" Bom boomed from the deep ruins.

"Well we gotta try to get along. Especially if he's our only way out." He said, before being interrupted by Bom's rumbling call.
"Yeah! Give us a second!" He shouted over at Bom, before looking back at Rufus.
"Look. Just, trust me on this one okay?" He whispered, his eyes seemingly pleading Rufus for agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back