• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaizoic: Earth Reborn (Season 2)

“Well it’s another holiday for the Vindav.” Cräga answered, shifting her attention to the younger Kendalt. “With the Kendian hunting rituals going on the forests will be safer for the gatherers.”

Crina perked up at that.
“Oh?”

“Yes. The predators have learned to avoid the area when the clan is here.”

Dracon remained silent, and looked to a nearby window same as his brother.

Darrek couldn't help but smile a bit at that as well. It's been a while since the last time the town was relaxed. It'd be nice to see that again.

"Sounds fun!" Darrek commented. "For us at least...dunno about Talom."

"What? For what reaso---oooohh." Darrek shrunk in his seat, realizing the obvious a moment too late.

"He does so much for that clan and yet they still treat him like an outcast..."

“Beren probably sees him as unlikely to survive without the clan’s protection.” Dracon commented. “He doesn’t see his nephew as an outcast, but instead an impaired.”

Crina scoffed.
“You’re defending him?”

“I’m can understand his judgment.” Dracon looked at her. “Bom would say the same, would he not?”

Cräga looked around. “Where is he, anyway?”

“He told me yesterday he would be praying at Kavera’s shrine until noon.”

The shrine was a great tree in the forest with an effigy of the Great Mother carved into its bark.
Darrek and Dracon were familiar with the tree all too well.

Darrek couldn't say that he wasn't at least somewhat irked by Dracon's comment. Darrek had grown up with Talom, and he'd proven himself to be nothing but capable during that time. He wasn't weak, he wasn't deadweight, and he sure as hell was not impaired. And Darrek would've spoke up if Cräga hadn't already done so for the both of them. As much as he'd like to voice his opinion, pushing something like this wasn't going to make the day's breakfast any more enjoyable.

"The festival working him up as well or somethin'?" He asks curiously.

“He is the former chief and the elder of the clan. Custom and tradition demand his supervision in these rites of passage.” Dracon explained. “I learned all this when. . .”
He looked away from Darrek and sighed.
“When Mother brought us to witness the ceremony.”

He took another piece of food to his mouth.
“Beren didn’t approve of our presence then either, and so that’s why it is only Bom present at the shrine.”

Cräga sighed, and Crina became inquisitive.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“Mother was the chief before Bom, and so she supervised ceremonies in his time as leader.
Beren, despite being Bom’s son, never approved of an Irokai having a place in Clan Khazid tradition.”

"He's just a bigot if you ask me." Darrek proclaimed confidently. He'd never liked Beren, even with his status as Bom's blood son. The way he treated him, and the way he treated Talom, no. No matter how noble or successful of a tribe leader he was, Darrek was never going to respect him.

"You'd think someone who'd seen an irokai successfully lead their clan would at least have some basic respect for them."

“Darrek . . . You shouldn’t be so spiteful.” Crina frowned.

Dracon remained quiet, which earned a glance from Cräga. His stillness was broken when he cocked his head, like a wild animal who had heard a noise.

“Speaking of Talom, he’s about to walk in.” He said.

"I'm sorry Crina. He just. He has a way of angering me." Darrek admitted, glancing briefly at her. Though however he didn't much need to explain himself further as the attention was quickly turned away from him and towards Dracon.

The irokai had been feral for quite a while, so something of this stature wasn't unusual for him. Though at this time, the road was rarely trafficked. He wondered who it could've been.

Luckily, he didn't need to wait long, as his elder brother remarked that it was Talom coming back. A toothy grin formed on his face at the expectation of his best friend. He swivelled in his chair, waiting for the half kendian to enter.

Stomping feet with three blunted-claw toes thudded on creaking wood and a figure stood in the opening doorframe.

Talom entered, painted in green and brown paints with a patchwork cowl of leaves and bound with vines.

He was smaller than the average Kendian, being a half-breed, standing at the same height as Darrek. His features too resembled Kendian heritage, save for a less broad snout and bearing only the front pair of protruding fang-like tusks common with the Hennasian nomads. The most glaring difference would be his color, which was not the average greens or browns of his kind. Instead, he sported a golden hue to his thick hide, which was almost entirely covered with paint and camouflage at the moment.

He groaned in weariness and looked around him.

“Morning.” He smiled weakly, and propped his spear by the door.

The toothy grin only grew as he saw the individual who practically passed as his brother entered the inn. The past bit had been busy for Talom, and it disappointed Darrek that the two of them didn't get a lot of time to catch up. He leaned over to a chair, pushing it out to allow Talom to join the table.

"Morning Tal. You're looking like death." Darrek joked endearingly.

“No he doesn’t.” Crina smirked and smacked Darrek on his side.

Talom smiled and sat down with them.

“He looks more like crap.” The young woman grinned widely.

Talom rolled his eyes, which earned a snort from Crina.

Darrek chuckled, trying his best not to also roll his eyes at Crina's comment.

"Beren give you shit again?" He asked curiously.

The gold Kendian shook his head and sat down in a heavy sigh.

“Bavek.” He said with exhaustion. The name was well known among the trio. Beren’s son, Talom’s cousin, and a most arrogant Kendian. Throughout childhood Talom would share stories of his cousin’s bullying tendencies at the expense of his color. He’d even shown disdain toward Darrek for being a ‘shield head’ Irokai.
“He and his pack are out checking the territory border and again I’m told to stay behind.”

Darreks eyes lowered, annoyance setting in as he heard the story that had been recounted several hundreds of times in his lifetime. It was bad enough that Talom had to deal with Beren's dissaproval, and yet the world seemed kind enough to add on an extra cherry on top in the form of Bavek.

"He'd do better without that god damn stick in his ass." He scowled, leaning back against the chair. "No worries...just means you'll get more time with us is all."

Another sigh. “Thanks, but it’s just exhausting trying and trying to prove that I can track and hunt just to get looked over on every pack choosing.” He wiped away some of the painted on camouflage. “I sometimes wonder why I even bother with this. It fools predators but not Beren.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back