• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Justice League/Avengers Style Supers Game using Hero System 6th Edition

Might be tempted to take a closer look at the rules again - never hurts to try something a little different, every now and then.

I'm not particularly familiar with the Champions system, but this sounds like it could be interesting.
As I told D. Rex, I have many characters nearly done that I can pull out of my folder and show you, and let you do some editing, depending on what you wish to do.

With you, I now have four people showing some interest in the game. That is enough for me to make up a game thread that we can start working on characters if you guys can commit to it.

Of course, there is still room for more if someone else is interested.

Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

Think I'll just try to give character creation a shot later today and see where it leads me.

Alrighty, first impression: I'm utterly lost. Feels like there's a hundred places where those points could go, and I don't really have a feeling where they are actually needed. I love the different options, though. At first glance, I feel like avoiding modern technology and going for more of a magical/psionic approach. Trickery instead of raw strength, force of will instead of high-tech equipment. Part of me wants to throw a druid-like eco-activist into the mix; another part wants to go stealthy and leave polite warning letters in some thug's office. I'll probably end up with something totally different.

Psionic and mental powers can be very effective in this system, as so many people and NPCs focus on their physical stats and defenses and leave their mental ones lacking. I'm running a metalist in my own Champions game, and he's doing quite well in the game.

Don't forget that I am here to offer up any and all assistance you would like. I have many characters ready to go that I could share with you if you'd like that kind of help.

No worries there, I know I can count on you =)
Think I'd like to try to get something together by myself first, though, helps a lot with understanding the system. This is about the third time I'm joining a Hero system game, might as well attempt to understand what the heck I'm doing. Roughly, at least.

That does sound good. We'd need a huge freezer to exhibit all your victims rightfully stopped villains, though.

Thinking about elements, I'm pondering if there's something cool to be done with a medusa-like character - slither around, turn people to stone...

I still think having a freeze ray would be pretty cool. Like Mr. Freeze or Captain Cold.
There are a couple of ways to be able to do that. The simplest is the Entangle power. It can take many different forms, and in this case, it would be that you are surrounding your target with ice, trapping them. But it can be broken out of, depending on how strong the Entangle is compared to how strong the target is. Another way is to Transform them into an ice statue. That is more expensive to buy, and quite a bit nastier to your victim.

There are a couple of ways to be able to do that. The simplest is the Entangle power. It can take many different forms, and in this case, it would be that you are surrounding your target with ice, trapping them. But it can be broken out of, depending on how strong the Entangle is compared to how strong the target is. Another way is to Transform them into an ice statue. That is more expensive to buy, and quite a bit nastier to your victim.

I think entangle then would fit more along the comic style theme. Like freezing their weapon, or feet to the ground. Or in case them in ice.

But then if I ever get serious I could transform them into an ice statue. However. As a hero I think bringing in people alive would be more there thing.

Could probably do some ice suit themed other stuff too. Like a jet pack, special boots, and increased strength and durability and other goodies.

I was also considering in the concept of an alien bounty hunter that crash landed on earth and is working now as a super hero. That would also be more tech centric. With stealth and traps and guns and stuff.

I don't freeze people. I just blast them with my laser beams.
I think you are just jealous cause my beams are not a one-trick pony. I can blast and freeze. Attack, utility, and defense.

And I might even use Arnold-tier ice puns if I think you deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back