• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Just testing the waters for a western Rp... (A couple spots open)

The Silent Z

Just Here
I've always had ideas for western based Rps due to the writers side of me and fascination for the old west having grown up on John Wayne movies and other westerns like magnificent seven and etc. anyways my latest idea that I'll actually bring up is one set in 1876........

The idea takes place roughly 11 years to the day that the civil war ended in some town in New Mexico. (Undecided at the moment on exact location) The Rp involves a small group of people with intertwined pasts that come across one another by chance in this small town in New Mexico, unbeknownst to them this town is subject to terror, corruption, abuse amongst other issues that runs to the top of the town with its mayor, his chosen sheriff and deputies and a band of ruthless outlaws who visit the town from time to time to have their fill of the town and do as they please. Despite what may or may not exist difference wise or what have you between this group of folk with various backgrounds and lives/occupations they agree something must be done to right these many wrongs. They've gotten to know the good people of this town, they like this town well enough or more so and decide to ban together atleast one last time and put aside whatever differences they have to fight the outlaws, the sheriff and his deputies all the way to the mayor in order to free this town of their troubles.

A brief glimpse of this idea anyway.... Don't want to play my full hand just yet as I'm merely testing the waters first.

Awesome! Starting off I'm planning on a group of 5 to 6 then maybe I'll open it up to more members if it picks up steam and Interest.

Oh, wow, awesome! Already to four out of the six starting total I was looking for, honestly wasn't sure what the interest level would be. But cool (:

Are you thinking of what I'm thinking of?
Let’s Go, Eevee? You betcha

Of course I am.
The game is good, the interest it sparked in one of the best thematic/historic settings? Even better!
EDIT:
It so happens that I have a character already made and done for this time period. Formatting would need jigging, some minor backstory tweaking, but other than that, he’s ready:
Randall Callahan; Texas Ranger, Johnny Reb, Gun-hand

Last edited:
Let’s Go, Eevee? You betcha

Of course I am.
The game is good, the interest it sparked in one of the best thematic/historic settings? Even better

I mean, its snow alone will make you crave Western-themed settings.

2g9njmrqq7o11.jpg

Might be interested <3 I've got a love-hate relationship with wild-west RPs.. Generally the plots and lore are amazing and really enjoyable, however i've seen so many cliché 'John Marston / John Wayne' characters that i'm losing the will.. (send help)

Wow we've got quite the showing here.... Alright folks I'll have enough spots for the lot of you. However I'll be adjusting things a bit, 10 in total with 11 with myself included is over the intended mark but since all Rps suffer drops or other occurrences happen, so I'll allow this number, if some end up dropping or no showing we will least be covered with the leftover folks.

SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful Troldmand Troldmand StormWolf StormWolf Winona Winona River River Brax Brax okokapi okokapi _SweetCandy_ _SweetCandy_ Becker Becker lux-crescendo lux-crescendo

If some of you don't wish to use one of the intertwined roles so to speak, you're welcome to be part of the townsfolk in some way. But about five of you atleast will have roles that fit the referenced idea of characters that know each other in some way, we could still have more of said roles but atleast five besides my OC are needed.

I'll begin on Threads soon. Rules will be pretty simple and easy to follow, most of it basic courtesy and RPN rules. I'm not expecting a chapter per post for FYI, but on average keep it over a paragraph per post, a occasional short post is understandable and acceptable but don't do all short posts. And seriously don't do one liners. Cool? 👍

Any questions over characters or relationship ideas feel free to hit me up. OOC will be first thread up to make it easier for chatting about it all.

^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back