Other Just dropped without a reason.

Is it normal to have someone stop an RP and the unfollow you?
I mean I was following the RP, it was going well and then suddenly they left, without a reason, just unfollowed and stopped.
Found it a little weird but oh well. I guess that happens sometimes right?

They may have...

1) Gotten uncomfortable. This can happen for any reason at any time even, if nothing seemingly happens.

2) Didn't like where it was going and couldn't tell you.

3) Just wanted to drop it because of no motivation to continue posting.

4) Been unable to keep up with the commitment of the RP and had no other choice but to drop.

5) A reason not listed.

Basically, users stop RPs all the time. Some just ghost, some actually put an end to it, and a very few may even be rude about it. Don't worry, there are multiple partners you can find on this site. Maybe you two just weren't a right fit. If you've become friendly with them, try giving them a message. If not, then, well, can't say anything else but move on.

I've been dropped before and I'm embarrassed to say i have dropped, though that's usually just me forgetting after I've been putting off replying for a while.
It's also a bit scary to tell someone you want to stop and a lot of people on the internet have anxiety.

I have been dropped before and even blocked when we were setting up the bases of the RP. Nothing sexual or breaking the rules. They had not replied for a few days and when I decided to read over the discussion just to refresh my memory I realized it had not exist anymore in my inbox. I tried to go to the profile,I couldn't. Some people rather not say why I guess. I understand how you feel with it. I've been dropped before outside of this site after a 3-year long friendship and I was blocked without reason and we saw each other nearly every day. I was later told to "grow up" and that "it's not healthy to RP" by this person a couple weeks later when she could've simply said she wasn't interested anymore and we could have continued being friends but I suppose that was not an option in her mind.

I’ve been dropped from roleplays quite a few times. But I’ve also discontinued them.

When I’ve discontinued them, I’ve always made it quite clear that I no longer wanted to roleplay. On another site, I was rp’ing with someone whose OC was a mary sue.

I thought I would grit my teeth and see if it improved. But it never did. She never included my OC in anything. So, I stopped and made it clear that I wasn’t going to continue.

However, she has been bugging me ever since.

I hate it when people discontinue the roleplay and can’t tell you why. All it takes is a few seconds, maybe a minute, to say they don’t want to rp anymore. If they’re triggered, in my opinion, I think they should make that clear before the rp starts. Or, just send an OORP message to partner and explain. Things can be worked out, but only with communication.

I'd never block someone unless they were harassing me. That's just rude! :(

But I have dropped a bit. I don't mean to. Sometimes I find it hard to muse the character, but sometimes I just don't like their character. I only drop a RP during early days though, after a few posts because that's all it will take me to get into it or not feel it.

If they were a long term RP partner who suddenly dropped you, that sucks but if it was something that just started, don't be offended. It's likely someone like me who knows people might not like it if I say I'm not into their character, and I'm feeling other things right now.

I've dropped only due to health reasons and then being overwhelmed by getting back to folks, afraid they'll be angry (this has happened before and has scorned me). So basically, anxiety, I think a lot of folks develop anxiety after they drop to return to the roleplay because it's an awkward scenario that breeds anxiety.

Don't feel anxiety from the way us random strangers might feel. Most people won't care. Just go with it and start again.

Exactly. I don’t think that anyone should be anxious to continue with a roleplay after a break. Best thing you can do is maybe just explain to your partner that you’ve had to take a break due to personal life. If they understand, great! If not, then that says a lot about them as a person.

Related to this - The reason I allow ghosting is because I've had partners suffer legitimate setbacks in life.

Deaths in the Family, Food poisoning, Losing their Jobs, Losing Computer Access, Mental Health Issues, etc.

The most extreme example was a girl who was in a car accident and was hospitalized for a few months.

Because of these experiences I am like super laidback if people ghost then come back. I mean I might not always be able to roleplay again ( sometimes I'm busy or whatever ) but I never get mad. I'm just like - oh i'm so glad your okay and [ x life thing ] has resolved itself.

I agree with rae2nerdy rae2nerdy Real life always comes first. If you've got to go, it's polite to drop a line saying goodbye, but sometimes circumstances won't allow that. Unless you actively tell me "I hated writing with you, drop dead" I'm going to assume you have encountered something they needs your full attention and wish you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back