• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

Max sat down as they pushed her out trying to calm herself down. She cried quietly as she rubbed circles on her stomach shaking her head some. She was beyond scared now and knew this wasn't good for the baby but she couldn't help it.

Clay gave a small nod and sighed some "I've got a job at the garage again. I'm working longer hours at the moment trying to save up. You need anything?" He asked softly

She shook her head. “The man I love back. Not this person he’s become.” She muttered, getting up carefully and made her way to the kitchen.

Jon was in and out of consciousness over the next couple hours as his body pushed him through several seizures in a row, some bigger than others until he was no longer waking up between them and by the time the last one finished he was barely breathing on his own and it became clear soon enough that he had become comatose, his doctor stepping out finally to speak to his wife.

Clay gave a heavy sigh and nodded before making his way to the kitchen with her. He saw the state of it and frowned as he started on the dishes for her as well as wiping down the counter tops.

Max sat outside of his room just staring at the door waiting for someone to get her..her tears had dried and she just sat there scared to death about him and if he was okay.

“Mrs. Bernthal? You may come in now…” he gestured for her to follow behind him, holding the door open and waited til she was sat down. “In all honesty we don’t know why he had the seizures. There were six of them in total and the best guess we have is that it was a lack of oxygen…. The last one however was a lot worse and it’s left him comatose.” He explained carefully.

she sat down and watched him, not about to protest. She was so worn out by everything these days. “Tomas comes over twice a week now… helps the kids with homework. Helps me with dinner. Giulia got into the undergrad program at Notre Dame. She’s busy getting her transfer ready. Full ride. She’s moving to Indiana next month.” She told him.

Max followed the doctor inside thinking Jon was finally asleep. She sat down showing a face of pure shock as the doctor explained evrrything before she yet again bursted into tears.

Clay gave a small nod and smiled softly hearing of Giullia's schooling "Good for her...she deserves it with everything she has worked towards." He said softly before giving a heavy sigh as he leaned on the counter "Well for now if you want, the days Tomas isn't here I'll be here. Unless you would like a different arrangement."

She shook her head frowning. “No… no I want you home. Where I can… keep an eye on you… where Bea can get comfort with…
With you again.” She muttered worn out from talking already.

He gave her the rest of the important information then left her to it.

Clay nodded some and sat down with her once he got the dishwasher going "Alright, tomorrow then. I'll bring my things. Guest room still set up?" He asked watching as she nodded "Come on, lets get you to bed. I'll wait for the kids."

Max whimpered quietly as she looked at Jon taking his hand in hers before she called his family

His mother was the first to answer and frowned. “Max? Is everything okay?” she asked. If it was about the baby Jon would have called himself and these days it was usually bad news about her son.

she nkdddd and frowned leaning heavily
Ana isn’t him to get up there. “Lay with me?” She mumbled once he had her settled, reaching for hkm
She had missed that more than anything.

Max sniffled before shaking her head some "He's in a coma.....he fell in the pharmacy and then had seizures and now a coma.." she whimpered barely able to get the words out.

Clay gave a small nod and layed next to her giving a heavy sigh "What time do the twins get home? Do they need a ride?"

She shook her head. “Bus. Same with Alana.” She slurred, burying her face into his anojoder and inhaling his familiar scent for the first time in forever.

“he…. We’ll be there tomorrow night.” She promised her and for ready to book flights with her husband to go see him

Clay nodded softly before letting her fall asleep against him "I got you Carmen...I promise." He whispered to himself

Max looked towards the door of Jon's room the next afternoon and got up rushing to his mother. She hugged her tight sighing heavily "Hey.."

Alana opened the front door with the two younger ones and frowned some having seen the weird car in the drive. “Mom?! We’re home!” She called out, pausing though when she watched their dad walk down the stairs. “What are you doing here?” She muttered.

“how are you doing sweetheart? Is Matthew okay? You need any help with anything?” She asked her worriedly. Over time she’d grown to love her daughter in law and they got on much better now than they used to. “Talk me through what happened.” She coaxed sitting down on the other side of Hon, taking his hand tightly.

Clay heard Alana downstairs and got up carefully. He walked down and sighed heavily seeing all of them "To help take care of your mom and you guys." He said seriously

Max shook her head some as she sat down "Matthew is okay, I'll need to get him soon though. I'm scared to death though, I thought he was getting better." She said before she went into detail and explained everything that had happened leading up to this.

-1 year-
Matthew walked into the hospital room with his mom and little brother after school, scrambling to climb onto the bed. “Daddy I did my first day in first grade today!” He told him excitedly. He knew he wouldn’t respond but it didn’t matter to him so much anymore. “Mommy can u have my tablet for a bit?” He asked her, going to sit in the chair in the corner. Jon had been comatose for a whole year now and every day it was looking less likely that he would be waking up but his doctors still had some hope left for him.

Carmen headed into the house with clay after doing groceries and let him out stuff away while she kept him company. There had been a lot of up and down in their family the last year or so but they are doing better now and clay was finally back to the man she loved. “I’m thinking snuggles on the couch til the kids get home.” She mumbled. The biggest blow for them has come three months ago when they found uhf that her cancer had come back and this time there was nothing they could do besides keep her comfortable and she was still doing okay for now so they were holding onto that for the time being.

Max helped Matthew into the chair after she got the stroller locked for James. She smiled softly when he spoke to Jon before getting his tablet set up for him "Here baby, just keep the volume down okay? Your brother is sleeping." She murmured before going to sit next to Jon holding his hand tight in hers. This past year had been the hardest one in her life. With Jon gone and having to go through pregnancy with all that stress it was unhealthy for her. She ended up going into labor early because of it all and James was born a month too soon. Thankfully though he was now a happy and healthy baby. She just prayed that he would wake up to meet him.

Clay gave her a small smile as he placed the last of the groceries away "Mmm I like that idea, just as long as its in bed. That couch killed my back last time we cuddled on it." He explained giving a small laugh. The last year had been one hell of a rollercoaster but he was finally back to feeling like himself. His relationship with the twins had mended to being about as good as it could be, but Alana and Tomas were still very rocky waters. Giullia was still on the outs with him but he knew she had every right to be as well and didn't try to push things there.

She smiled and shook her head. “You’re getting old.” She teased him quietly, leaning on him a little as they made their way upstairs. “I love you.” She mumbled, rubbing at her face some.

Matthew played quietly for a little while then turned to his mom and reached for cuddles. “Momma… is daddy ever gonna wake up?” He asked her frowning as he climbed into her lap and watched him.

Clay chuckled quietly as he helped her upstairs "Yeah yeah...I love you too." He teased before kissing her temple gently.

Max held her eldest close as he came to cuddle her and gave a heavy sigh "I'm sure he will sweetheart...just give it time." She said quietly before kissing the top of his head

She got to their bedroom with him, leaning up against the wall and trying to catch her breath a little, gripping at his hand. "I might have over done it today." She mumbled watching him.

Matthew nodded and went to get his homework out his bag so he could get it done now. It was just a bit of reading practice but it was still a bit of a chore for him

Clay frowned a bit at her and gave a small nod "Come on then, bed rest for the rest of the day." He murmured before picking her up bridal style and carrying her to their bed.

Max smiled softly as she heard cooing come from.the stroller "Well hello there sunshine." She cooed to her nearly 10 month old son. She picked him up as he started to get fussy and shhed him quietly.

Matthew frowned a little as she stopped listening to pay attention to his brother so sat there sulking for a little bit, watching his Dad curiously and gasped a little when he saw his hand start moving "Mommy! Mommy! Daddy's hand look!" He told her quickly, pointing at it as he started making funny noises as well, his face starting to scrunch up in discomfort.

She nodded a little and held onto him gently once he was laying next to her, resting her head against his shoulder, "Mmmm... I love you." She mumbled, "And I'm proud of you for turning things around again."

Max smiled softly but went wide eyed when she heard Matthew. She turned to Jon looking at him and tried staying calm while she pressed the call button frantically "Jon? Baby?" She said softly trying to not get her hopes up. He had twitched here and there sometimes but never making noises like this.

Clay held her close and smiled softly "I love you too beautiful....I should have never lost my way in the first place." He explained quietly before kissing her lovingly

She sighed a little bd nodded in agreement, just resting with him all afternoon until the kids were starting to get back.

Jon started groaning a little and squeezing his eyes shut right and then trying to open them again, not doing such a great job to begin with but eventually managed to open them enough to see max in the room

Clay smiled softly when he heard the kids come in downstairs from school. He got up carefully not wanting to wake Carmen before making his way downstairs "Hey there." He said happily to the kids.

Max was crying happy tears by this point when his eyes finally opened and adjusted. She held his hand in hers and kissed it repeatedly "Jon....god I can't believe you're awake." She said softly before she moved out of the way when the nurses came in.

Carmen made her way down later on to find the kids curled up on the couch watching movies. “Do we not have homework to do?” She asked them, plopping down next to clay and resting against him.

he sat there an hour later watching her frowning, sucking on ice chips and just feeling confused.

Clay gave a small smile and nodded some "Yeah thankfully they didn't have any tonight." He murmured kissing the top of her head as she came to sit with them.

Max came in when she was allowed back in smiling softly as she held their son's to her "Jon?" She said softly seeing how spaced out he looked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back