• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

Max had been sleeping lightly every night she was there. Constantly worried about him, so when she heard the alarms start to go off she was quickly getting up. She went wide eyed noticing his heart rate dropping and quickly pressed the call button "Help! Someone!" She yelled before she noticed his breathing. She did her best to try some kind of CPR but thankfully the doctors were quick to get in there before she did anything.

Clay saw Bea first and smiled happily for the first time in a while "Hey there princess.." he said quietly letting her make the first move to doing anything. He wanted to rush in and cradle her to him but he also didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

They soon pushed her out of there and into the hallway so that they had space to work, shutting the curtains to the room quickly as well so she couldn’t see inside.

She dropped her bag on the spot and ran over to him squeaking happily. “Daddy’s home!” She giggled, launching herself at him and clung to him tightly. “Daddy where did you go?!” She asked him just excited he was back but the other two stood a distance away, both of them far too aware now of how much their dad had fucked up

Max whimpered quietly as she stepped out of the room trying to keep herself calm. She was scared to death right now that she would loose him now.

Clay held her tight to him and gave a heavy sigh "Daddy had to go for a bit, but I'm here now okay?" He murmured kissing the side of her head repeatedly "Come on now, I got dinner made for everyone."

They were opening the door only twenty minutes later but they weren't letting her back in, instead they were moving him back to the ICU while his doctor in charge stayed behind to speak to her "Ma'am... he's stable as we can have him right now.... but we've known his breathing was getting worse and the detrioration has only gotten worse. We need to reassess where to go from here and see what help we can give him... They're just gonna get him settled but then you can go see him.

Bea nodded but refused to let go of him and demanded to sit next to him the whole time as well, while the rest of them all went to eat in the lounge but she didn't want to leave him, even making him stay in her room for the night after he tried to go to the guest room, "Can you read me a story like you used to?" She asked

Max took a deep breath and gave a small nod as she listened to the doctor "Thank you sir." She murmured following them to the ICU while they set him up.

Clay went through the evening staying with Bea, he wasn't going to push them at all. He smiled a bit as he got to her room and chuckled a bit "Sure thing pumpkin, go pick a stort." He murmured sitting by her bed

Once they were ready they allowed her back in to see him but he was back on the ventilator again and doped up enough he couldn't do more than twitch his fingers to reach for her but that's where he ended up staying for another two weeks before they were able to get him back to a more relaxed recovery ward and then onto a different hospital, much closer to home in California for another month before they finally cleared him to leave. By now the two of them were more than emotionally drained and all he wanted was to get a quieter life with his family. He was ready to start getting excited over the new baby on the way.

Bea got up and went to pick a book out, taking it back to him happily and listened to him read for a while before frowning "Daddy... Is Mommy gonna be okay again? And when she gets better are you two going to live together again?" She asked him

Max woke up to Matthew rubbing her bump and smiled softly "Hey there buddy, did mommy fall asleep?" She asked softly seeing it was now noon and she had brought him to the den for TV time an hour ago. Things had been exhausting over the last few months, everything with Jon, finding out that it had been Serge, dealing with the legal proceedings, and being pregnant; it was definitely taking its tole on her.

Clay read the story to her and sighed heavily when she asked about him coming home "I'm sure she will be better again, but daddy can't come home. I'm going to be here for you all though, I promise."

Jon made his way downstairs from taking a shower and wandered into the den, sitting on the couch on the other side of max, burying his face against her hair silently and placing his hand on her bump.

She shook her head and frowned, “but you said that last time and you went aaay daddy. Why won’t you and mommy get back together??” She questioned him.

Max smiled softly as Jon came into the room cuddling close to him "Hey handsome....he's asleep right now." She said softly as he rubbed her bump. They had found out at her last appointment that it was a boy and both of them were happy to hear the news.

Clay gave a heavy sigh and nodded "Yeah you're right,I haven't been a very good daddy lately at all. I'm going to be a good one this time though." He murmured kissing her hair gently "I can't....we...its very hard to explain baby girl but mommy and daddy just can't be together anymore. Daddy didn't treat her like he should have and now we can't be together."

He hummed happily and kissed her head. “Giving you a bit of peace?” He mumbled, kissing her head again. He was t doing great. But he was better than he had been and that’s what he was trying to focus on for the sake of his family. “We need to go to CVS.” He mumbled.

she frowned and just held onto him crying. “But I want you and mommy to go back together!” She sobbed into his T-shirt.

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly "Yeah thankfully." She said softly before she turned to look at him "Alright, everything okay? I didn't get the notification about your perscriptions."

Clay sighed heavily and nodded some "I know baby girl, I do too. Sometimes life just isn't fair though,and your mommy is better off without me as a partner."

He nodded and frowned. “Run out of Advil… and low on… on inhaler.” He explained, rubbing her arm gently, letting Matthew climb onto his lap when he wanted cuddles, just holding his son close.

she eventually wore herself out enough that she fell asleep gripping onto him still but it was only another hour before clays phone started ringing with the hospitals number.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Alright, let me call in your inhaler." She murmured kissing his cheek gently

Clay frowned when he heard his phone ring and answered quickly "Hello? This is he....is she okay?"

He just nodded and frowned again cuddling Matthew close. He was worried 24/7 now. Always thinking about what he needed to plan for their kids and for her as a just in case.

“I’m afraid that’s why I’m calling. Your wife has had a major stroke. We need you to come down as soon as possible to speak with her doctor. For now she is stable.” She explains to him

Max sighed softly and kissed his cheek before getting up to call the pharmacy. She walked back in after the call and gave a small smile seeing Matthew asleep against Jon "It'll be ready in the next hour or so."

Clay frowned thanking them quicklt before getting Bea tucked into bed. He rushed to find Guillia after and sighed in relief seeing her awake "Your mom had a stroke, I need you with the kids while I go see whats wrong. I'll call you as soon as I know whats up." He told her quickly before rushing out.

He just nodded and held his son close. “I don’t like that hes worried already. He shouldn’t have to think about this stuff before he’s even four.” He mumbled.

By the time he arrived she was doing worse and they were moving her to a private room in the ICU with someone monitoring her at all times.

Max gave a small sigh and nodded softly "I know, I don't like it either. He'll be okay though, we all will." She murmured reassuringly to him

Clay frowned some.as he sat with her letting a few tears fall "They have any idea what caused the stroke?" He asked the nurse

She nodded and frowned. “Blood clot that started probably in her lungs and travelled to the brain… we won’t know the full extent until she wakes up.” She explained to him and let him have a little privacy.

he nodded and rubbed matthews back, laying down on the couch and closing his eyes to take a little nap with him, smiling a little as he snuggled close. “Let me know. When it’s time… to head out.” He told her.

Clay took a deep breath and nodded thanking the nurse quietly before he went to hold Carmen's hand letting a few tears fall "Carmen babe....you gotta get better...fuck I can't do this without ya."

Max gave a small nod and smiled some before she started to clean up and get the dogs situated inside the house.

Matthew was up before his Dad and more than a little grumpy but wandered into the kitchen to find his mom and reached up for cuddles "Mommy. Daddy's coughing again." He tld her, rubbing his face.

Giulia took the kids the following morning to go see her as a just in case, frowning though when she got into the room to find the state her father was in, gritting her teeth at the fresh track marks in his arm, "Are you kidding me?" She muttered, about ot yell at him but Bea had ran over to give him cuddles and Giulia for once bit her tongue about it, "How's she doing?" She asked him, hoping to get some kind of coherent answer as she watched him roll his sleeves back down.

Max looked at Matthew and smiled softly seeing how much he looked like Jon "Oh yeah? Lets go get him then,we need to get his medicine anyways." She murmured before taking his hand and going to the den to wake up Jon.

Clay grunted softly when he felt Bea run into him. He rolled down his sleeve sighing heavily. He hugged her close and kissed the top of his head "Minor stroke....they're saying its touch and go." He explained quietly

Bea frowned and snuggled into her dad more, getting worried about her mom but after they’d all been there a while she noticed her dad getting twitchy as well. “Daddy? What you doing?” She frowned as he pushed her to the floor and started swatting at his sweatshirt repeatedly. “Daddy?!” She whimpered, all three little kids watching him and getting scared.

Jon smiled tiredly as he woke up to both of them there, getting up carefully and made his way to the car with them, staying quiet with little energy. “They’re asking me to go back to work soon. To do most of the non action scenes.” He told her.

Clay grunted softly as he kept himself still for as long as he could. It was about an hour later when he started to twitch and smack his arm trying to fight the urge as much as he could. He frowned deeply when he heard Bea and shook his head some before he stood up "I'll be right back." he muttered before making his way outside as quickly as possible. He lit a cigarette as soon as he made it out the door shaking more now as his body ached for another bump.

Max frowned a bit when he told her they wanted him back for work "Really?" she asked and sighed heavily when he nodded "Look, I know you don't like us around much for your jobs, but I know my mind would be more at ease if we were there with you to make sure everything is alright."

He nodded and frowned. “I won’t argue if this time.” He told her quietly, resting his head back and closing his eyes tightly, hitting the arm rest with a closed fist a few times and just grit his teeth, hearing Matthew start asking questions and max telling him to be quiet a minute until he was able to relax again. “Sorry… sorry… everything just hurts still.” He mumbled, trying to catch his breath as they pulled into the parking lot for the pharmacy.

Bea had run out after him, worried about what was going on and frowned as she got over to him and he just pushed her away.

Max nodded softly and squeezed his gently "Thank you." She said quietly before frowning as he went into a coughing fit "Matthew honey wait okay?" She said as she pulled into the parking lot "Come on baby lets go inside and get Daddy his medicine." She murmured as she got Matthew out of his car seat "We'll be right back." She told Jon before going into the store

Clay frowned when he heard Bea's voice outside his handle trembling as he pulled the cigarette from his mouth sliding down the wall ahile doing so. He pushed at her to go away shaking his head some "Bea go inside, go be with your mother she needs you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back