• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

Giulia frowned and grit her teeth "She did! Every day! You never pick up!" She snapped at him, chewing on her lip "Get your shit together! Cause if she dies, I wouldn't dream of letting the little ones go to you. If I had my way you'd never see them again!" she snapped at him, fuming with him.

He nodded a little "He was... I don't know anything about that ma'am, I'm just aware of his condition. Which isn't good.... First bullet didn't do much damage, just a graze on his shoulder. That should heal quickly enough. Second one caused way more damage. Severed an artery in his leg and broke the femur. Third one is the biggest problem. Pierced through lung and heart tissue... the risk of infection is incredibly high with these injuries, topped with the fact he has previous lung damage already, I doubt he'll ever be as active as he was before." He explained to her.

Clay frowned more and gave a heavy sigh "And I would agree with you....I'm in no shape to have them full time." He admits before runnimg a hand over his face

Max listened to the doctor and shook her head some taking a deep breath "He was poisoned nearly a year ago....how much of a chance does he have with all these factors?"

He shrugged "I couldn't say higher than 20%... The good news is he made it through the first surgery... There will be a few more to go probably but for now we're wanting him to rest." He explained and left her to it.

The next time he woke up was when his nurse was coming in to change the IV over again and he lay there staring at Max and frowning "What's... going on?" He asked her confused still by it all and in agony while they were giving him his next set of painkillers.

She grit her teeth and shook her head "I spoke to my brother yesterday.... Even he's ashamed of what you've done to your family!" She snapped at him, about to go in again but looked up as the monitors sent off alarms and Carmen started seizing.

Max gave a small nod and turned her attention back to Jon crying softly. Hours passed before he woke up again. She looked at him worriedly and squeezed his hand gently "You got shot babe....three times." She explained before wiping her eyes some

Clay frowned and shook his head a bit "Your brother has no say in my life." He muttered before turning to Carmen as alarms started to go off "Shit!" He said before pressing the call button quickly

He frowned more and tried to squeeze her hand back, barely curling his fingers "I don't remember.... I can't breathe." He wheezed out to her. "Why... can't I breathe?" He questioned, starting to panic a little.

Giulia glared at him as they were pushed from her room, "Your son has no say?! None of your children nhave a say even if what you're doing is harming them. What about Bea?! She doesn't understand why you've gone! She can't work out why you won't see her anymore!" She yelled at him, looking back in the room and breaking down in tears. "I wish it was you in there instead of her... I hate you." She choked out.

Max shook her head softly and cupped his face "Jon baby don't panic okay? You're okay I promise its going to be okay." She said trying to soothe him the best she could before he did anymore damage to himself.

Clay frowned as he listened to his eldest shaking his head some "I fucking wish I was me too goddamn it! I'm a low life piece of shit thats why I stay away, you're all better off not having my ass here!" He yelled back

“Then get better for your kids!” She screamed at him. “Enough of the poor me act!” She snapped, looking up when her doctor came out to speak to them. “Talk to me. He’s fucking useless!” She snapped.

“I’m gonna have to ask you both to calm down or security will remove the two of you…. Mrs Cardenas isn’t doing well at all. Her strength is declining fast and there’s not much more we can do for her. The best thing for her right now would be to have her family come see her just in case.” He explained to them.

Giulia shook her head swallowing back tears. “Go see her. Cause after you’re done with this visit I don’t wanna see you here again.” She spat at her dad, walking down the hall to give him space to practically say goodbye.

Jon frowned more and tried to lift his hand to touch hers but it wouldn’t move and it was only scaring him more. “Can’t move. What’s… wring?” He whimpered looking up at her terrified until they both heard Matthew and he turned to try and see his little boy, frowning still as he watched Matthew start crying soon as he realised he wasn’t at home. He had always hated waking up from any nap when he wasn’t in his own bed.

Clay glared at her more shaking his head "I'm not in some poor fucking me mind set. I know I fucked up! Nothing I can fucking do about it now!" He spat before turning to the doctor. He listened shaking his head a bit before rushing into the room. He barely even listened to Guillia as he took Carmen's hand in his.

Max frowned more as she heard Matthew "Shh babe take a deep breath okay? Its okay." She said before pressing the call button again then picking Matthew up to try and calm him "Look buddy, who is that? Is that daddy?"

Mathew frowned and grumbled but held onto his mom tight as he could, burying his face in her shoulder before looking over at Jon and starting to cry again seeing all the wires everywhere. “Daddy stuck!” He sobbed and reached for him, trying to climb on him.

Jon was starting to feel weird by that point and just looked around the room, not hearing much of anything as the pain slowly faded and he started blacking out, everything settling out again as his painkillers knocked him out.

She was awake this time but just barely and frowned seeing Clay there, out of it enough to have forgotten that she hadn’t seen him in weeks.

Max cried silently keeping Matthew close "I know baby I know, he is gonna be okay." She whispered kissing the top of his head turning the TV on to try and get him distracted "Look, its your favorite show."

Clay frowned softly seeing her and took a deep breath "Hey there....god Carmen...fuck I'm sorry."he muttered

He was in and out for a week before they slowly started lowering the dosage and he was able to stay awake a lot longer. His parents had finally arrived a couple days after max and for today they had taken Matthew so he was laid up with max on his good side, resting his head on her shoulder while they watched tv on his laptop. He glanced towards the door though at a new sound and frowned as the cops walked in and he tried to sit up on his own.

She frowned a little as she looked over him the more aware she became. “You’re using.” She mumbled, watching him, recognising the signs even while she was out of it herself

Max layed with him giving a small sigh as they watched the laptop infront of them. Things had been rough, they almost lost him once during his time out of it and she was terrified. She wanted to know how the hell this happened still though, she knew this couldn't be a mistake.

Clay frowned some and rubbed the back of his neck giving a heavy sigh "Yeah...s'why I haven't come....they don't need to be around it." He whisperef shaking his head some "I'm trying to get off....just hard y'know?"

He tried a little harder then gave up and let max help him up, looking towards the officers seeing as they were finally there to ask him for his statement. “What… do you need?” He asked quietly, closing his eyes out of exhaustion and still leaning on Max some.

Carmen frowned shaking her head. “Not for you. For kids.” She mumbled. “I’m not good… they need… they nee… need you.” She panted heavy, scrunching her face tight against the pain in her chest.

Max frowned softly as she helped him sit up. She looked at the cops and sighed heavily "He doesn't remember much." She explained taking a deep breath

Clay frowned more as he listened to her and gave a small nod "I'm sorry my love.....I can't say it enough." He said softly before giving a heavy sigh "You'll get through this, and I'll be here to help alright? I promise."

“Ma’am we need him to answer. We’re aware he doesn’t know much but we just have to take an official statement.” He explained to her as gently as possible. At the very least this would end up being an attempted murder charge if they caught who was responsible.

Jon frowned and tried to talk as clearly as possible. “Scene started filming…. Got to shootout… then I was… on the floor… there was screaming.” He wheezed out. They were getting worried about his breathing simply because he couldn’t get up and walk around with his leg broken the way it was so he was a lot more inactive than they would have liked and his breathing had begun to get worse again for the past couple of days.

Carmen frowned and watched h, passing out before she was able to speak again.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "Alright." She said softly before turning to Jon. She had become very protective of him when it came to visitors and just prayed that he would get better. She looked back at the cops as he finished a frown still plastered on her face "Have you been able to find out any further information from the people on set?"

Clay looked over as Guillia came back into the room and sighed heavily "I've been using....trying to hide my pain and resentment towards myself rather than try to fix the situation." He admits before shakimg his head some "I know our relationship will never be the same....but from now on I will be here for you and the others, I'm not leaving again."

The cop nodded to her and frowned. “We’re working on it. The concern for us is that it could be linked to your previous attack from your ex partner.” He explained to them, nodding to her. “Call us if he thinks of anything else.” He said, leaving his card there for her.

Jon whispered out a thank you before they left, slipping to lay back down against her once more, coughing violently as his body needed to get the air back in faster than he could make it happen, laying in agony after, just trying to stay calm.

Max frowned softly and sighed holding Jon close before pressing the call button "Jon baby try to take a deep breath okay?" She murmured letting a few tears fall when she thought about it being Serg again.

He just about managed a groan that time, going limp against her, no energy left at all until his doctor got in there to check up on him. ‘No more cop visits. He needs rest for this surgery tomorrow. Then hopefully we can get you up and moving again once that bone is repaired properly.’ He told them both, leaving Jon with a bit of extra help for his breathing then left them to it.

“I know. That’s obvious…. You should just go. I don’t wanna look at you right now.” She spat.

Max nodded softly and thanked the doctor before turning her attention to Jon. She pushed some hair from his face and took a shaky breath before she broke down crying. She had been good to not let it happen when Jon was awake but when he passed out she would do her best to let it all out.

Clay frowned more and shook his head some "I said I was staying and I meant it. And if you would like to cause another scene then go ahead and do so, get us both kicked out." He muttered turning his attention back to Carmen "I'm not leavimg her side."

He woke up sooner than normal and frowned hearing her and just slowly reached for her hand, curling his fingers round hers slowly and shaking as he did so but trying to comfort her as much as he could.

Giulia shook her head "No. No I don't want you here. You need to leave!" She snapped at him, "Get out! You don't deserve it right now!" She yelled at him, just wanting time on her own right now.

Max felt his hand and quickly tried to get herself together rubbing her still flat stomach getting "You'll be okay, and then we'll have our two babies soon enough." She whispered before looking at him and pecking his lips gently

Clay frowned more and stood up "I'll be outside, but like it or not I'm not leaving." He muttered before moving to sit outside of the room.

He frowned and just squeezed gently, watching her. “I love you.” He mumbled, trying to pull her a little closer again. “One more cuddle… then you gotta… get sleep.” He told her. They’d allowed her to either stay on the cot in that room or go back to the hotel but from tomorrow he would be putting his foot down about her goonc
To sleep in an actual bed.

Giulia shook her head a little and just stayed with her mom, spending most of the time crying until they were told visiting hours were over and they would have to go home. She left Clay there and went straight to get the little ones but frowned when she saw her fathers car there already and saw he must have taken a shortcut.

Max gave a small nod and cuddled him close "I love you so much." She whispered staying by him a bit longer before moving to lay by the cot

Clay left when they were told visiting hours were over and sighed heavily. He got to the house and started on dinner sighing heavily. He looked over once he heard the door open and smiled widely when he heard the kids voices enter the house

Jon smiled a little and mumbled an I love you back to her, falling asleep not too much later and things were quiet and steady for hours until in the middle of the night when he was still sleeping peacefully as, without warning, he stopped breathing.

Bea walked into the house tired and confused but forgot all of it when s he saw her dad standing in the kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back