• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

Clay came around not too much later two twins holding him tiredly with the other following close behind "Hey, you mind if I put them in bed?" He asked Carmen quietly as he walked inside

Max smiled happily and cuddled close to him "I love you too." She whispered before kissong him lovingly "What do you think about giving Matthew a sibling?"

She shook her head and went to take Javi from him but smiled when he [romised he would manage, seeing, just for a moment, the way he was when Guilia and Tomas were newborns, carrying one on each shoulder every night until they were forced to give up their eldest son. She took Alana to bed and tucked her in, kising her head "Get some sleep baby girl," She coaxed gently, heading back downstairs once she was done, sitting on the couch next to Clay and opposite Guilia, taking a deep breath and waiting for Clay to start.

Jon smiled and kissed the top of her head "Already? I mean.... I'm not opposed... We gotta time it a little based on my work for the next year but we can work something out I'm sure." He grinned, reaching to turn his bedside light out "Mmm... I love you... My fiancée." He grinned.

Clay shook his head givjng her a small smile "I got 'em." He whispered before taking them up to bed. He tucked them in and sighed softly as he came back down sitting with Carmen "So um....there is something your mother and I need to talk with you about." He said quietly before pulling an old photo from his shirt pocket and handing it to her "Thats your mom and I....few months after you were born." He explained as she looked it over. He took another deep breath before pinching the bridge of his nose "The other baby in the photo.....thats your brother....your twin brother Tomas."

Max gave a small shrug and smiled a bit "Well he is getting the potty training down. I'm thinking once he is good with that it'll be a good time." She said happily before giving him another kiss and giggling happily as he called her his fianceé "I love you too."

Carmen watched her quietly, biting her lip as she tried to gauge Guilia's reaction "We kept you both for four months... Then we couldn't afford it... and no matter how hard we tried there wasn't enough money for food or bills... and it was another couple weeks before CPS came knocking.... They told us we had to make a decision. Whether or not to give up both of you or just one. In the end, your brother was poorly a lot, a lot of doctors visits and medications to buy.... We couldn't give you up and still afford to look fter him.... So we both came to the decision he should go to a family who could give him a better life and we got lucky. We had a great case worker, she helped us find him a perfect family and we let him go. They kept in touch for a year or so but then it was too difficult for both sides and we lost it.... I'm so sorry we never told you, we never found the right time." She explained, gripping Clay's leg at this point.

Jon smiled and watched her happily "We'll talk more about babies I promise." He murmured. "Get some sleep, don't pretend he didn't keep you up way too earlyh this morning as well." He chuckled, kissing her head and laying down to drift off with her as wel.

Clay had his arm around Carmen at this point trying to comfort her the best her could wiping his eyes some as he started to tear up "If we could have kept you both we would have but....Guillia it was the hardest decision we ever had to make as parents. Tomas um....he has joined up with my old club....so he is town...and we wanted you to know before you heard anything else."

Max gave a small laugh and smiled some before she fell asleep with him. She woke up the next morning and smiled happily see Matthew snuggled up close to Jon sleeping soudly. She had no clue as to when he joined them in bed, but she always loved waking up like this.

She sat there staring at the picture in her hands, gritting her teeth and finally looked up at her parents, disgusted with them both now. “I’m not stupid enough to say you shouldn’t have done I. But you should have told me.” She muttered. “Why haven’t you stopped him yet dad?” She muttered.

Jon was snoring louder than usual after being up most of the night with Matthew but while he lay with his dad, Matthew had begun snoring as well, all in sync with each other but also with boss asleep at the end of the bed.

Max laughed quietly and smiled wide at the three of them. She took her phone off of her nightstand and quickly snapped a photo of them before she got up to get ready for the day.

Clayton sighed heavily shaking his head a bit "I just found this out....triggered my heart attack." He explained before taking a deep breath to try and keep calm "I want to speak with him....but I'm not sure it will change anything. He is his own man just as you are your own woman."

“Then he’s definitely your kid. Gonna fuck up his life and his family just like you did. You think I don’t remember when you went to prison? I was old enough to know everything that was going on. Either that or you’d exposed me to so much I just knew no different.” She spat at him. “I can’t wait to move into dorms next week. Let you both sort your shit out on your own from now on.” She spat at them both and stormed off upstairs to carry on packing her things.

Jon woke up a little later, watching her come into the room after a shower and just smiled “morning… you get some sleep last night?” He asked her, lifting Matthew carefully to take him to his room to get him ready for the day

Clay took a deep breath but said nothing because she was right. He looked at Carmen and shook his head some "I'm so sorry Carmen....I....fuck I've ruined your life and our children's." He muttered

Max walked out in some comfy clothes and towel around her head nodding happily at Jon "Yeah I did,I'm guessing he kept you up all night?"

She sighed a little and shook her head. “Let her calm down. But I do agree. You should talk to him. I can go with you but it should be done.” She told him. She couldn’t have known it would be the start of him rejoining that path.

he nodded and yawned again. “Tummy was hurting but he wasn’t sick. Just cranky. So we watched cartoons and lay in the recliner til I realised I was watching the baby cartoons on my own.” He chuckled quietly.

Clay took a deep breath and nodded some "I'll figure it out, talk with Coco about it." He mumbled sighing heavily

Max gave a small nod and laughed lightly "You have no idea how many times I've done that. I learned everything there is to know about Paw Patrol one night." She said before giving him a quick peck on the lips

-6 months-
Carmen curled up on the couch while the kids ran around the house playing with each other and Alana was out with Guilia for the day. They hadn’t heard from Clay in a couple months now and she was starting to get worried. On top of it she was starting to feel sick again and she was terrified of what that was going to turn out to be.

Jon groaned a little as he rolled over in bed, reaching for his phone, hearing Max’s ringtone going off. “Hey… hold on.” He told her as he answered, sitting up and heading over to the window to open the curtains. “Everything okay? I told you I had a night shoot last night babe.” He smiled as he heard excitement in her voice on the other end. He’d been in New York filming for a couple weeks now and he was already ready to be going home in another three.

Clay sat at the clubhouse flying high at the moment after a bump he had taken from Coco. Things had gone downhill since he had gone to talk with Tomas. They had gotten a long maybe a little too well and now Clay was back in the thick of the club. He hadn't been around the kids or Carmen, having not wanted to bring this life around them but he was only hurting everyone else more as he kept himself away.

Max was too giddy to wait and tell him. She wanted him to know rather than later on in the day "Hey....sorry I just wanted to call and tell you something." she said happily before she stared at the test in her hands "You're going to be a father again." she said sweetly hoping that he would be as excited about this as she was.

Carmen managed to pull herself off the couch long enough to go to the bathroom and start going back to the couch again. “Kids, Giulia is gonna pick you up a pizza for dinner tonight. Moms not feeling good so I can’t cook okay? But abuela is having all of us for dinner tomorrow.” She promised them both as she took another few steps to the lounge, swaying on her feet now.

Jon grinned and sat up a bit more "You serious? We did good lready?" He chuckled, "Oh babe I love you.... Hey I get off kinda late tonight but I'll give you a facetime call once I'm off and see where you are at, see if you're still up. If we're lucky I might even catch Matthew... I ever tell you that I love you?" He smiled wide, over the moon at that news.

Javi frowned when he watched his mom and gave a small nod "Momma? Are you okay? You don't look good." He said before he rushed over when she started to fall "Bea! Bea get the phone and call Guillia!" He yelled

Max smiled widely as she sat in the bathroom and gave a small nod "Okay babe, I'll make sure to get an appointment soon." She said softly before going out when she heard Matthew "Okay babe you have a good day shooting alright? I'll talk with you later. I love you."

She frowned when she lost her balance and hit the floor, passing out. Bea was freaking out but she managed to get the phone to Javi so he could call their sister who got home in record time, arriving only a few minutes after the ambulance did. “Come on, I’m taking you guys to abuelas. I promise I’ll call and let you know what’s going on soon as I can.” She coaxed the twins towards the front door and the car, swallowing hard as she watched them work on her mom like that.

Jon got ready to go have lunch then go start at work, feeling better than most days away from his family knowing what he had waiting for when he got back. Things seemed to be going well for the whole rest of the day until during a scene, in an instant, it went bad.

The next time she got a phone call it was from the director for the episode, “max. Hey, this is Tom, one of Jons directors. You need to get up to New York. There was an accident. I think it was an accident. We don’t know. One of the prop guns got switched out for a real one. Jon’s been shot. It’s bad and they said they were taking him to the hospital. He’s probably already in surgery but it’s really bad.” He told her a little frantic, still in shock himself.

Javi frowned and called his sister then the ambulance. When they were being taken out of the house he looked back and shook his head some "No we can't leave her! Where is dad?! Why isn't he here to help?!" He said starting to panic and freak out which in turn caused Bea to start panicking as well.

Max went on with her day happily until she got the phone call. She went wide eyed as she listened to the director and nodded some "I'll be on a flight out tonight." She explained before hanging up and looking up flights.

They had contacted his other emergency numbers as well but everybody was at least a few hours drive away and it was looking higly unlikely he was gonna make it that long. One of the bullets had grazed his shoulder which wasn't a problem but the other two had done a lot of damage, one hitting the artery in his thigh where he was lucky there had been medics on site anyway or he never would have made it to the hospital in time in the first place. The final one had gone through his chest, wreaking havoc along the way.

The media had already picked up on the story as well seeing as there was footage all over the news of the incident happening and the moment the crew realised that the gun had been switched.

Guilia shook her head, getting both of them out of there and into the car, trying to get ahold of Clay the whole time

Max whimpered quietly as she sat on the flight holding Matthew close trying to stay as calm as possible. She made it to the hospital late that night praying that they would let her see him under the circumstances.

Clay frowned when he finally checked his phone seeing a few missed calls from Guillia. He called back and sighed some "Hey....whats up?" He asked quietly

She grit her teeth and frowned. “Answer your fucking phone! I thought you should know mom is in the hospital. She collapsed at home…. She’s gettting sick again and seeing as you aren’t actually divorced yet you still have to come down here and make the decisions…. She’s not doing good. The kids are at your moms.” She told him frowning as she waited in the lobby for any news on her mom.

The nurse on reception asked her for ID the moment she said his name. “Im so sorry ma’am but with the media presence we have to ask for it….. we have to make sure you are related to him in some way….” She checked it and just nodded a little. “He’s in room 203. I’ll page his doctor to let them know you’re here so they can come talk to you.” She told her.

Clay gave a heavy sigh as he listened to the her shaking his head some "Shit....I'm sorry I didn't have my phone. I'll um....shit I'll be there soon." He muttered before hanging up and trying to sober himself up before he got on his bike and rushed down to the hospital.

Max got inside and frowned when she asked for ID "I'm his fianceé please, I have to get through." She nearly begged as she handed her ID over. She thanked the nurse repeatedly before rushing to the room keeping Matthew close in her arms as she got there. She gasped seeing Jon hooked up to a bunch on machines and whimpered quietly sitting down next to him.

He was awake but not really with it and just stared at her confused, trying to reach a hand out towards her but he couldn’t move. “What…. On?” He managed to get out to her, seeing Matthew in his stroller and tried to reach to him as well.

She refused to look at him when he arrived, shaking her head some. “Your kids miss you… where the hell have you be-“ she got cut off with them calling her moms name, jumping up to go see what the news was.

Max whimpered quietly and held his hand in hers "Shh shh baby don't try to talk okay?" She whispered thankful that Matthew had fallen asleep "You got shot on set...the doctor should be in soon to talk with us."

Clay got there and frowned as he walked over to his eldest shoving his hands in his pockets. Before he could even answer her he heard Carmen's name and quickly went to the doctor "Where is my wife? Whats going on?"

He managed to give her hand a weak squeeze, passing out again while his nurse came in to change the dressings. “You must be Max… they said you’d be in here. We can have you stay here tonight but then there’s a cheap hotel right next door for the following nights.” She told her, "Your partner was very lucky to have medics right there. If they hadn't been there he never would have made it to the hospital.... If you need anything important just give me a ring on his button." She told her gently, leaving them to it once she was done.

"Mr. Cardenas.... your wife has suffered a major heart attack." He explained to him and the young woman. "Her files say she went through several rounds of chemo which likely is the reason she's now experiencing post-treatment complications... we're running a lot of tests but you may go see her now." He told them both, leading them there, noting though how her husband was swaying on his feet some and twitching.

Max took a deep breath and gave a small nod "Thank you." She said quietly before turning her attention back to Jon. She sat there for a bit longer until a doctor finally came in to go over his charts with her "The nurse said he was lucky to have made it,do they know how the gun got swapped?"

Clay gave a small nod and took things a bit slower to get to the room. He was starting to ache for a fix again but needed to be straight atleast until this was settled. He sat down away from the bed while Guillia stayed close giving a heavy sigh "Shit Carm..." he muttered seeing how bad off she looked "Why didn't she call me.."he muttered more to himself than anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back