• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

She chewed on her lip, taking note of everything she was being told before hanging up and texting one of the moms at the school to ask her to walk the kids home for her before heading straight down there and into his room, just standing in the doorway and watching him, in the middle bed. in the room, glad to see at least one of the other two beds was empty for now and went to sit next to him, "Jesus Clay you scared me."

Jon frowned and looked over at MAx, "Then there's more things to look for." He mumbled, still struggling to breathe steady and spoke to the doctor a little longer til they were left to privacy and he looked over at Max, "They'll work it out... I'm still sure of that." He mumbled, rubbng at his face.

Clay looked over at Carmen as she came in and frowned a bit "Sorry.....they said its probably stress related. I told them not to call you." He mumbled quietly to her

Max took a deep breath and gave a small nod "I hope so....you need anything from home though? Or the gym?" She asked softly

He frowned some and nodded "I don't think.... I'm going to the.... gym anytime... soon... Clear the locker.... Let Frank.... use it." He wheezed out, a small alarm going off and his nurse came in to make adjustments to help him breathe a little easier.

She shook her head and reached for his hand, giving it a tight squeeze, "The kids have been worried sick about you.... Please let them see you. I know Giulia's pissed but the little ones aren't and Bea doesn't understand why youa ren't home... Mike said you went off with some bikers..... Be careful." She frowned and squeezed his hand again

Max gave a small nod and kissed his cheek gently "I'll go up there a little later okay?" She murmured taking a deep breath as she calmed herself.

Clay groaned softlt and nodded a bit "I'm trying to get this shit together to find a place of my own." He mumbled rubbing his face some "It was just Coco and Gilly, I'm not getting into that life again. They were just in town." He said softly

Carmen frowned a little and shook her head. “Then come to the house and see them.” She told him seriously. “But first look after yourself… I’m so fucking angry at you and I’m so upset with what you’ve done but for whatever stupid reason, I still love you. And I don’t want you to make yourself sick or the kids to lose you.” She told him frowning

Jon just nodded and drifted off to sleep again, continuing to get worse as the day progressed and by the evening they’d put him back on the ventilator.

Max took a deep breath as she got up and went to grab some food for dinner. She decided to head towards the gym and get Jon's things as well. She walked in and started getting Jon's things together, but her blood soon turned cold when she heard a familiar french accent speak behind her.

Clayton took a deep breath and nodded a bit "I'll find some time I swear, maybe this coming weekend we can do a park date." He said softly before closing his eyes "They want me as stress free as can be for the time being."

She frowned and shook her head "Clay I... I'm sorry then." She told him gently and stood up, passing him a manila envelope "Our lawyer has the second copy. So does mine.... Those are divorce papers." She told him seriously.

Serge smirked some "Well... I didn't expect to see you here... It's been a long time Maxine, how are you doing?" He asked her, leaning against the side of Jon's locker as he stared at her "This locker belongs to Jon Bernthal, hope you aren't stalking him." He muttered "Don't want to have to get my boss involved."

Clay looked at her in shock and shook his head some "Carmen....please....we can figure this out.." he whispered out letting a few tears fall as he watched her.

Max looked at him in pure shock and shook her head some "You....you aren't supposed to be here....you aren't supposed to even be in the same county as me." She said trembling a bit as she looked at her ex-boyfriend.

She shook her head and frowned "No... No I told you when you went inside that if you ever had another affair or went back to that fucking gang.... That I was done... And I'm stricking to that promise." She told him frowning and just shook her head, "Text me to let me know when you're gonna come see your children." She muttered and walked out.

He smirked and shook his head 'Did nobody tell you that thosesilly little restrainign orders have a time limit? That you have to get them renewed.... I've been here a while. Surprised you didn't notive me til now." He smirked

Clay took a deep breath and shook his head some before she left "Carmen wait! Just...please know I'm sorry....I..there is obviously nothing I can do to fix this." He said quietly

Max started to feel her heart beat quicken as she watched him "What do you want Serge? Its been nearly 3 years." She said seriously holding Jon's bag close to her chest

She frowned and shook her head "For six months while we all thought I was going to die... You were off getting your dick sucked by some skank who knows your DAUGHTER. You're not sorry you did it Clay. No you're sorry you got caught." She snapped at him, "Giulia has already said she never wants to see you again... Do you realise what you have done to her? I'm going home. Sign the damn papers." She snapped at him and left.

He smirked some "It's alright... I got what I want. I'll see you around Maxine." HE told her, reaching over to stroke her hair and just chuckled when she slapped his hand away "You'll get used to it again

Clay shook his head some as he watched her "It was never physical....I never went there with her, it makes no difference I know but it was never physical.." he muttered taking a deep breath before he grabbed a pen from the side table "I'll get these to you at our next meeting.."

Max slapped his hand away when he went to touch her and shook her head some. She looked around terrified for Frank and quickly rushed to his office when she saw him through the window "How long has the french man been here?" She asked quickly as she closed the door

Frank looked over and raised an eyebrow at her, pointing to the phone by his ear and finished up his phone call then looked to her. “Knocking is good Max. What are you doing here? Jon sick again?” He asked her frowning.

She made it out to her car and got in before breaking down in tears. She’d thought they could get their life back now she was recovering but he’d thrown that away for them. It was almost worse heading that it wasn’t about the sex.

Max shook her head some "Sorry...he is in the hospital on a ventilator. I came to pick up his things. How long has that french man worked here?" She asked again still panicked over seeing him

Alana looked at the door as she heard it open and frowned some seeing how bad her mom looked "Mom? Are you okay?" She asked as she went over and hugged her some

Frank looked over at her and shook his head "shit. Do you and the kid need anything right now?" He asked her, worried about Jon as he saw him as another son. "Serge? He's been here about two years now almost. Why do you ask?" He frowned "He's not giving you grief is he? He can be a little... intense." He sighed some.

Carmen looked up and frowned nodded "Hey baby, I'm okay.... Where's your siblings? Can you go get them for me, we're gonna have a family meeting." She told her quietly, sending her off and went to sit on the couch, trying to stay calm about everything and not keep breaking down in tears.

Max shook her head some and took a deep breath "Right now, we are fine. Just um....please make sure he stays away from us." She said seriously before taking a shaky breath "Frank I think he has been hurting Jon."

Alana came back down holding Bea and Javi's hands while Giullia followed behind "Mom whats going on?" She asked worriedly. The last time they had had a talk like this was whem they had first found Carmen's cancer and it was scaring them all.

Carmen frowned waiting for them to sit down "First off, I found out why your Dad hasn't come over to see you. It's cause he has been a little poorly but he should be able to come over by the weekend okay? The second thing is that your father and I... We're getting divorced." She told them, her own voice breaking aa little.

Frankshook his head "But him and Jon get on really well that's ridiculous." He muttered, a little in denial that it could all be down to Serge. "He's a lot to handle but I don't... Surely he wouldn't be doing this to him... And how would he be doing it in the first place? Jon is sick not beaten up."

Alana looked at her mom in shock and shook her head some "What?! What do you mean divorced?! No! No you can't! Why?!" She asked as she started to freak out not understanding this. For all she knew her parents were happily in love and had no issues other than her mother's health.

Max shook her head and sat down letting a few tears fall "Serge is a crafty piece of shit...god I thought he got over this." She said before taking a deep breath "Serge was the man I was with before Jon....a good year or so before him. He got obsessive and I ended things but he kept stalking me. I took out a restraining order and moved but its been so long I thought things had blown over."

She shook her head and frowned as she watched the kids "It's not what I wanted either but your father has left me with no other choice.... We both love you kids just as much as we always have though. Nothing has changed with that." She promised them quietly, letting Javi come cuddle up to her, rocking with him gently

Frank just nodded to her a little "Alright... Let me handle this alright? You go be with him." He told her quietly, hugging her tight then let her go out the back way so she wouldn't have to go past him again

Bea frowned as Alana stormed off and just looked at her mom completely confused "Mommy does this mean daddy isn't coming home?"

Max gave a nod and thanked him before she quickly scurried out of there. As she got back to the hospital she found Jon thankfully still asleep

She nodded and frowned "Yeah baby, Daddy's gonna go live somewhere else but he's gonna be real close by so you can see him all the time." She promised her, "I love your Daddy very very much but unfortunately sometimes when you're an adult you have to make decisions that are gonna make you really sad because it'll be better for you in the long run okay?"

His nurse popped in a cople hours later and looked over at Max, "Did you get the phone call Ms Wends?" She asked her, noting down all of Jon's vitals, noting how his fever was climbing again and the ventilator was doing even more work than before.

Bea frowned some and shook her head "But...but daddy lives here! Mommy this doesn't make sense!" She said trying to take deep breaths to calm down but soon she was hittimg herself in the head just trying to process what this all meant.

Max looked at his nurse and frowned softly "Phone calls?" She asked not fully thinking or remembering straight with everything on her mind.

Carmen frowned some and shook her head, holding Bea's hands and just pulled her in tight to soothe her "Shh, shh, you're alright baby, look at me, I'm not going anywhere. Think of it like a holiday home. You're gonna have two houses." She told her gently, helping her to calm down.

His nurse nodded "Ma'am he's not responding to pain stimuli or anything else, we've officially declared him cmatose and you need to start thinking about what arrangements you might need. We still don't know what is causing this." She explained, "His body is starting to shut down." She finally told her

Max took a shaky breath and nodded some letting a few tears fall "Right....you've ran everything? Even poisons?" She asked remembering how Serge had once threatened to kill her that way if she ever left him.

Bea whimpered and shook her head more "No! No I don't want two houses! I want daddy here!" She screamed starting to thrash and try to pull away from her

She nodded and looked at her sympathetically. "Nothing came through on the blood work.... Tox screens were all negative." She explained to her "Ma'am I would suggest spending a smuch time as you can with him."

"Beatrice Cardenas!" She yelled at her "I will not have you smacking me. I'm sorry that your Dad decided to have an affair and I'm sorry that he hasn't come to see you for a few days but don't you dare take it out on me!" She snapped at her, "Go to your room!" She yelled at her, sending her upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back