• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just Breathe

They left the next morning, early so the kids didn't have to have a big goodbye and get more worried but she was more worn out again and just getting down to the car and getting herself settled had her shaking a little, taking Clay's hand when he nudged her "Mmm... I love you." She mumbled tiredly

He just nodded and sighed quietly, lifting Matthew into his arms and went to lay on the couch with him, cradling him close and rubbing his little back while he watched some UFC

Clay sat in the car with Carmen giving a small smile as they drove off to the next town to get her surgery done "Mm I love you too."

Max came down not too long after and sighed softly picking up Matthew as he started to fuss and Jon was half asleep. She kissed his cheek gently and held her close "Don't worry baby, lets get you to bed."

Jon grumbled quietly and got up once they'd gone up too, turning all the lights off and locking up before heading to bed as well, stripping down to his boxers and lay under the first blanket, staring up at the ceiling,

"Please tell me you brought something to keep your brain occupiedwhile you're waiting. You're gonna go stir crazy if you're just staring at the walls." She murmured tiredly, resting her head back and falling asleep for most of the drive

Max got into bed and put the baby monitor on her night stand "Goodnight Jon." She said softly before she turned her back to him and started to fall asleep.

Ckay gave a small laugh and nodded a bit "No I brought two books just in case. Finally decided to give Lord of the Rings a try for you." He explained

She smiled tiredly. “Only took you we try years.” She mumbled, falling asleep the rest of the drive, feeling awful by the time they got there and just leaned heavily on him on their way inside.

Jon woke up early the next morning to go get some breakfast made then headed out straight away to go down to the gym.

Clay chuckled quietly and continued his drive with her. Once they got there he held her up and got her inside asking for a wheelchair so she didn't have to walk around.

Max sighed heavily as she got up to get Matthew. She frowned when she didn't see Jon there and shook her head starting to get food for Matthew made up.

Frank,the owner of the gym and a good friend and mentor to Jon over the years was the one to call her after the incident. “Hey max… it’s Frank…. It’s kinda urgent. Jon’s been carted off down to memorial with a few broken ribs and a broken nose. Possible internal bleeding… he got into another fight.” He sighed heavily knowing it had got bad again.

carmen smiled tiredly at him to try and reassure him but she was struggling to breathe a little more now and it was a little while before she’d been set up in a private room with just the two of them to get settled until they would come get her for surgery later that evening.

Max frowned more and took a deep breath picking up her phone as it rang. She went wide eyed when she heard Frank and let a few tears fall "Alright....I'll um...I'll be there as soon as I can." She murmured before getting Matthew things together and packed a bag. She couldn't do this anymore.

Clay stayed by her side for the entire time. He knew he couldn't be distant today. He sighed heavily as he read the book shakong his head some "This is a very weird book babe."

She smiled and shook her head “It’s good I promise. Takes a minute to get used to.” She wheezed quietly, giving his hand a weak squeeze. “I love you.” She mumbled frowning.

Jon groaned a little when they’d finished with him entirely and were taking him out to the waiting room to send him home and max still wasn’t anywhere to be seen, having to call a taxi to take him home as he leaned on his crutches and left the building.

Clay gave a small smile to her and kissed her cheek gently "I love you too beautiful, more than anything." He murmured giving a heavy sigh "We'll get through this and we'll be home soon enough."

Max sighed heavily as she sat at her sister's house letting a few tears fall before her phone rang. She took a deep breath seeing Jon's number and quickly handed Matthew over to her sister before stepping outside "Hello?"

He frowned, sitting down on the couch after being through the whole house. “I get it. You locked the dogs in matthews room by accident though…. What’s going on? Are you tryna prove a point or just … tell me what’s happening.” He said, sounding a little strained but more panicked than anything else. He knew she was on the verge of leaving but he hadn’t been in control of himself today at all.

She smiled tiredly and gave his hand a weak squeeze, trying to stay awake for now until they’d have to take her in but she ended up napping on and off for the next few hours until they came to get her and she swallowed heavily. “Alright… I expect the first ten chapters finished.” She teased Clay a little and just hugged him as tightly as she could before they took her out of there.

Max frowned at his first words and couldn't help but laugh a bit "Really? Am I trying to prove a point?! No Jon I'm done, get your shit together or you will never see our son again. I cannot raise him in the current environment you've made our house into." She said seriously

Clay held her close and let a few tears fall before giving her a nod "I will do my best babe." He murmured before they hauled her off for surgery

Giulia was the one to call him two hours in as she sat on the hood of her car. “Hey. What the fuck is wrong with you?” She spat at him down the line.

Jon frowned some. “I…. I’m sorry. I don’t have anything else right now except that…. If you need to pick up anything else from here just let me know before you come over so I can be out of your way and I can get the security system sorted.” He mumbled. “I’m sorry max…. I love you. Give Matthew kisses from me.” He mumbled.

Clay frowned when he heard his daughter's voice and raised an eyebrow "Giullia who the hell do you think you're talking to with that attitude? What are you talking about?" He asked sternly

Max felt her heart break as she listened to him.and shook her head some "Thats it?! You're just....you're not going to fight for us? For our family?! You fight everyone and everything but you won't fight for us?!" She said tears falling freely down her face

He frowned "No I... I just agree with you babe.... I don't think it's good for you two to be around me right now... But I love you both.... More than I think you realise or that I've shown to you lately..... But I'm gonna get back on my feet..... That's a promise." He murmured.

She grit her teeth and shook her head "Shut the fuck up! I saw the photos Dad! I saw those goddamn photos of you and Leticia! While Mom is dying, you're off fucking some 23 year old!" She spat at him "You don't deserve her! But I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna say a word til Mom gets home but she deserves to know." She told him seriously and hung up.

Max took a deep breath as she listened to him and gave a small nod "Okay....you get on your feet and come back to us....I don't want to loose you Jon, but our son's safety comes before anything else." She said softly before she hung up and went back into her sister's house

Clay frowned more and went a bit wide eyed when she mentioned Leticia. He quickly went to her instagram having had one himself just for artwork and went wide eyed seeing she had recently posted a photo of the two of them. Clay had started seeing her a few months ago when Carmen took a very clear turn for the worst and they were told it wasn't looking good at all. He had met her through Giullia, first taking her number just in case anything happened to Giullia since she drove them around a lot. One thing led to another and he foumd himself talking to her constantly trying to distract himself from the reality that was his world at the moment.

It was several hours before anyone came to get him and the kids had all phoned him to say goodnight one after the other, having been hoping to hear from their mom but no such luck. “Mr. Cardenas?” The doctor called to him. “If you would like to come with me your wife is in recovery now. She pulled through really nicely. We’re gonna leave her to rest now and tomorrow we will go over a few tests to double check how well it all went but it’s looking good.” He assured him, leading him down to the room they had put her in.

he hung up on her and just buried his face in his hands, breaking down into frustrated sobs. All he wanted was his family with him but he’d fucked up yet another good thing in his life.

Clay sat there after he called Leticia and chewed her out for posting the photos before he ended everything. Once they finally came to get him, he followed quickly and sighed heavily "Alright thank you so much."

Max sighed heavily and wiped her eyes quickly before she made her way to Matthew and her sister "Thank you Lily, I'm so sorry to have barged in on you like this."

They had come to wake her up a couple hours after but by the following evening she still hadn’t woken up and she seemed to be getting worse instead. On top of it Bea was getting more and more upset every time she called and she wasn’t able to talk to her mom so by now at home she was in full meltdown mode.

Jon sighed heavily, making his way around the house carefully before going up to bed and trying his best to find some kind of comfortable position.

Clay gave a heavy sigh as Giullia called yet agaim with Bea on the phone. He was scared to death right now but when he heard his youngest's scared voice down the line he immediately pushed it to the side "Bea? Beatrice listen to me okay? Mommy has to sleep, so she can feel better okay?"

Max woke up the next morning and sighed heavily seeing Matthew crying and looking confused in his play pen. He had been up and down all night and shs had barely slept at all.

He was bouncing a little and sobbing as he looked around, trying to find his Dad, not understanding where he'd gone or why.

Bea frowned shaking her head "No! I wanna speak to mommy! I wanna talk to mommy!" She screamed, "I need Mommy right now!" She sobbed down the line while Giulia sat with her and rocked her gently trying to soothe her "I want my mommy!" She screamed as alarms started going off with Carmen

Max picked him up and sighed heavily "Its okay baby, don't worry. We'll see him soon.." she whispered

Clay frowned more and shook his head some "Bea she can't talk right now, she will once she is awake okay? I promise." He said softly before hanging up when he heard the alarms going off

Her room was quicklyflooded with staff and Clay was asked to leave, only bringing him back in an hour later to let him know they still didn't know why she wasn't waking up or why she was deteriorating. "Look, if she isn't awake by the morning then we'll be taking her off the ventilator and seeing how she does and if there's no improvement then I'm afraid there's nothing else we can do."

Jon got a taxi down to the gym later that morning and went to go speak to Frank, sitting back in his office and frowned "Max took the baby and left yesterday." He told him to break the silence eventually

Clay took a deep breath and gave a nod before he made his way back into the room. He took Carmen's hand and let a few tears fall shaking his head as he finally broke into sobs letting it all out after these past few years.

Frank gave a small nod and looked over his papers "Good." He muttered before looking up at him "You do not need to be around them with the shit head space you're in right now."

He frowned some and rubbed at his face. “I don’t know how to get back on top of myself Frank. Every time I try I always fucking end up back here.” He muttered.

It was hours before she even started waking up and even after she had she was still getting worse rather than better which was concerning everyone, her doctors suggesting to Clay that it was possible t was just too little too late for her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back