• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Just Another Pokemon RP~

Greetings y'all! It's your good ole Saviour coming at ya with a Pokemon RP!

Understandably, there are a lot of Pokemon RPs out there; each with different plots and themes to make it unique from the games, manga, and animes. So, what makes this one different? What's the big selling point?

Well... there is none. This roleplay will take place in the same universe as the video games.
Will we have the evil organizations? Yeah, depending on which region we'll be "playing" in.
Will we have legendaries? Depends on where the plot takes us.

I mean, there's so many Fandom RPs out there that stray, in some way, from the canon lore. I just want a roleplay that takes place in the vanilla Pokemon world.

As with any good roleplaying thread, we're gonna need some rules:
  • Swearing is totally allowed. I have no issues with swearing and I won't stop you for doing so.
  • You can have Pokemon from any region. Why? Well, in Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! there are multiple Pokemon in the movie that come from outside of Kanto and Johto [i.e: Lycanroc and Lucario]
  • Absolutely NO LEGENDARY POKEMON in your starting team. We can totally add in Legendaries to the story as long as it makes sense to the plot and if our character aren't using them in battles.
  • No Mary-Sues obviously. A ten year old Pokemon Trainer probably won't be able raise their Rhyhorn into a Rhyperior without a significant amount of time. Sure, it's just an RP but, hey, this is how I feel.
  • There are no posting requirements as long as you can post as often and as much as you can. Please let me (and the other players) know if you'll be unable to post for a while.

Greetings y'all! It's your good ole Saviour coming at ya with a Pokemon RP!

Understandably, there are a lot of Pokemon RPs out there; each with different plots and themes to make it unique from the games, manga, and animes. So, what makes this one different? What's the big selling point?

Well... there is none. This roleplay will take place in the same universe as the video games.
Will we have the evil organizations? Yeah, depending on which region we'll be "playing" in.
Will we have legendaries? Depends on where the plot takes us.

I mean, there's so many Fandom RPs out there that stray, in some way, from the canon lore. I just want a roleplay that takes place in the vanilla Pokemon world.

As with any good roleplaying thread, we're gonna need some rules:
  • Swearing is totally allowed. I have no issues with swearing and I won't stop you for doing so.
  • You can have Pokemon from any region. Why? Well, in Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! there are multiple Pokemon in the movie that come from outside of Kanto and Johto [i.e: Lycanroc and Lucario]
  • Absolutely NO LEGENDARY POKEMON in your starting team. We can totally add in Legendaries to the story as long as it makes sense to the plot and if our character aren't using them in battles.
  • No Mary-Sues obviously. A ten year old Pokemon Trainer probably won't be able raise their Rhyhorn into a Rhyperior without a significant amount of time. Sure, it's just an RP but, hey, this is how I feel.
  • There are no posting requirements as long as you can post as often and as much as you can. Please let me (and the other players) know if you'll be unable to post for a while.
I am indeed interested. A question though: where will this roleplay start and how much would I have to bribe you to allow me to play a former member of the international police (who do exist in the games).

I am indeed interested. A question though: where will this roleplay start and how much would I have to bribe you to allow me to play a former member of the international police (who do exist in the games).

I'm thinking of the story taking place in Kanto and/or Johto. If this becomes a big success, I wanted to do every region! One after the other!

Yeah, you can play NPCs. I'm guessing... Looker?

i'm interested in this, though I won't be able to post from 6-4ish every day due to work. Other then that, this'll be fun. ^-^

Anyhow, I posted my sheet already. Hopefully this gets off the ground soon: seems like there's at least 1 other person out of the 3 that've posted their sheets that're starting in Lavender.

Yep! I'll be starting in Lavender Town and you just reminded me that I should probably put Mr. Fuji down as her boss. Then again.. the pokemon shelter put down as her place of work may be completely different than the Pokemon House found in the gen 1 games. I forgot if the Pokemon House was still in existence during the gen 2 games or not. I just remember gen 1 Lavender Town.

The Pokemon House does still exist Gen 2 and onward, but the actual Pokemon Tower doesn't.

Which reminds me, I need to put Randy's dad down as a keeper of the Pokemon Cemetery, and not Tower, since I'm guessing this is post-Gen 2, meaning no more tower.

ugh work =_=

Haha! xD

If it's not post gen 2 then I really need to change things. I set up my character sheet like things were taking place during the Sun/Moon times.

Last edited:
Seems like it'll be a good and cozy RP, I may join, if there's no trouble with me not posting that often bc I'm kinda busy :/.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back