Story Just an idea I had

White_ghost06

No idea what’s going on, just here for free food
Yo so I am aspiring to be a writer and I wanted to show y’all some work.
———————————————————
CHAPTER 1
It was a quiet and dark night. A young man with jet black hair, a very light skin tone, and blue eyes, sat in his room staring at his light. This young man was named Adam Martinez. Adam was a trauma filled kid, being at an incident where his parents died, and seeing his best friend get shot in the head. Adam blamed himself for both incidents due to him having the power of telekinesis.

Adam was born with this power and could move things around ever since he was a small child when it started growing and manifesting within him. No one really knew about it, only his late parents and his dead best friend knew about it. His father was a doctor and he didn’t have a real explanation for it, he speculated it had something to do with some sort of mutation Adam may have been exposed to, but the theory didn’t go anywhere since, what exactly could Give off so much radiation in a city where chemicals like that wouldn’t be easy to get.

Now Adam is 19 and in university, and lives in a dorm. He struggles with income and if he didn’t pay for the dorm, he would get kicked out and he was too old to go back to an orphanage. He did inherit some money from his parents but most of it went to his university funds and he payed for the rest out of pocket. He barely uses his power now, because he believes the reason everyone around him dies because of it.

Adam was tall, and skinny man. He struggles with insomnia and ptsd, and because of it, he constantly dwells on the past and seems like he can’t ever let it go, every action that he does, or every word that comes out his mouth, is always hesitant, because he’s so worried that if he makes the wrong choices, he will get more killed.

Adam stared at the moon. He didn’t know what would happen that night and he hoped desperately it would be calm and quiet. He couldn’t sleep, like usual and had a tired expression. Adam sighed and stood up and grabbed his coat and put it on. It was weathered and a bit dirty. He walked out of his dorm and soon was outside. The side walk was really weathered, and the street had the yellow paint chipping off.

Adam soon came across a pharmacy, that seemed to be open. He walked inside and went up to the counter. There was a young lady at her computer and she looked up to him and said “hello, can I help you sir?” Adam looked at her and said. “Yeah I need a refill on my prescription.” He said and reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded sheet of paper which was a note from a doctor which was signed with a signature. “One second sir.” The lady said and typed up something up on her computer and stood up and walked away.

Adam sat down in a chair as he waited and he seen a man with a mask and a hood on walk in. He assumed the mask was some sort of scarf, since it was the middle of winter. The man in the mask walked up to another counter and pulled a semi-automatic pistol from his coat pocket. Adam quickly looked at the doors, which should have had metal detectors or something, but then he noticed that there was a side door for employees, and there must have been another door from the outside just to get into that employee area.

“I want you to give me every penny here.” The man said. The worker at the counter seemed to be a weak old man. Adam froze up a bit, he didn’t know if he should help, or take the risk. “Please sir.... we can’t lose our money... we can’t..” the old man pleaded but the robbers eyes narrowed. “Give me the money right now, Unless you want to go a bit early!” The robber yelled.

Adam couldn’t just ignore this, but he was afraid of dying and he might freeze up before taking him on. After a while of hesitation. He knew that hood must have been blocking his peripheral vision, that’s why he didn’t notice Adam. He was so focused on the shop owner, he forgot to secure any customers. Whoever this robber was, he was very sloppy.

Adam snuck into the isles and kept his head and body close to the ground. He took of his shoes so the robber couldn’t hear his footsteps. He got into an isle behind the owner and the robber. He slowly crept up to the man and he had to resist every time his body would try and freeze up. It wasn’t easy and he was sweating. When he was behind the man, instead of grabbing him, he hit his leg and knocked him down.

The man was surprised and let out a Yelp and fell on the floor dropping his weapon. Adam pushed the gun away with his foot and the man stood up. “Oh you’ll be sorry for getting in my way.” He said and Adam wasn’t very powerful but he was fast due to his build. The man tried swinging at Adam head and Alex quickly got out the way. The man tried to hit him again and it landed.

Adam fell to the floor and hit his head. The sudden shock of his head getting hit on the floor caused him to accidentally use his power and the man flew across the store and fell into a shelf. Adam slowly turned his head, he was dizzy and his eyes didn’t focus. He stood up and got a grip on himself and looked at what happened. His head hurt like hell. He rushed over to the man and pulled up his sleeve and checked his pulse. “Slow... but still beating.” He said. The owner had hidden under the counter during all the commotion. He came up from under it to see what was going on.

“Call an ambulance! This man got hurt and his pulse is slow!” He said and looked at the owner. The other woman had been hiding in the back and she didn’t come out yet. Adam quickly got out the store, he did not want to have to deal with the cops. On his way home he constantly kept shaking his head and hitting himself for bringing so much attention to himself. He knew people would have quickly swarmed the area. Adam quickly got to his dorm and locked his room and sat on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back