• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Just an Average Family

Roast Beast

The O'rian's are just your typical American family. They live in Phoenix a rather nice family in a nice house in a beautiful yet rather hot city. And that is where our role play will take place. I want this role play to cover all the ins and outs family outings, friends and other family. The good the bad. That being said never be afraid to have your characters separate from the family to do there own things as I said I just want to play the life's of this family.

I don't want the main family to be to big Mom,Dad,maybe like 3-4 kids I will be playing one of the kids and any other roles needed,
I would like a CS to be posted for your main character. But I am not that worried about CS for extra/side characters.

CS
Name
Role
Apperence (picture or discription)
More info

Name: Charles
Role:middle child or oldest (depends on others)
Apperence: 36A3E5B9-3117-4356-B4D0-A054A3717EC5-1961-000004439A0FF7AA.jpeg
More stuff: Charles is transgender. He was born female and lived his first 11 years as a girl. His parents couldn't figure out why he seemed so unhappy during the couple years prior as he was always depressed didn't seem to like typical girl things etc . And one day they just couldn't do it anymore so they sat him down and had a Long talk to figure out what was going on and what they were going to do about it and on that day Charles was born and he's happier,he's even rather outgoing now. His parents sometimes complain that he's almost too loud and outgoing always wants to try everything at least once. Charles is also involved in some local acting groups and does theater performances.
Also When Charles came out as transgender he and his parents decided to transfer him to a new school where people didn't know him as a girl

Last edited:
Martin Johannes, the 24 year old neighbor

Male

The relatively tactless, paranoid shut in neighbor to the O'rians.

Martin is a relatively standard looking man. He's not particularly old, with no visible physical deformities. He's often wearing something in the realm of khakis and a white, button up shirt. Past his usual attire, he has matted black hair which, while it often truly is, doesn't look as if it has been washed in some four or five days. He has a thin face, pushing his height from 5'11" to a rounded six feet.

No one -- not even Martin himself -- is entirely sure how he landed a job as a substitute teacher. His ability to be so emotionally unstable as to set off those around him is astounding on his own, and would likely be amplified if not for his stunning ability to deal with students, especially those in a similar situation. On top of teaching, he moonlights as a writer, though the only ones to have seen his works -- apart from those prone to snooping around -- are a number of trash cans (And a particularly well used paper shredder.) It should also be noted that Martin is the first neighbor to the direct right of the O'rians, should you be looking from out their front door.

Last edited:
Name :Anna
Role: Youngest or middle child (if someone would like to be younger)
Appearance: Anna stands at about 5'6. She has hazel brown, wavy locks that reach her upper back and greenish blue eyes. She has a small build with slightly tanned skin. She has freckles along her face and shoulders and a pair of dimples.
More info: Anna is very understanding person who love to wonder around by herself. She has a love for bugs and getting her hands dirty. She tends to keep her problems to herself or write them out in stories she keeps hidden in her bookshelf. She likes to play and watch over younger children or talk to adults more then her own age group, feeling out of place with them at times. She will stick with her younger sibling, but leaves to do her own thing if the get annoyed by her following them.

Name: Heidi
Role: youngest sibling?
Appearance: She is on the small side, shorter than most her age. Long light brown wavy hair and bright blue eyes.
Diana_Chanysheva2174.jpg
More info: Heidi is kind, playful, talkative and curious. She looks up to her older siblings and loves them, but at times they can be a bit too overbearing. She enjoys coloring, playing with her stuff animals, loves animals and doesn't mind getting messy. She is scared if the dark and is terrified of thunder and lightning storms.

Name: Elizabeth Watson
Role: A student in school, Sophomore (10th)
Appearance: Average height about 5’6, curvy and soft facial features. Tanned skin, long curly dark chocolate brown hair and brown eyes. Wears blue rim glasses.
751ea9d290e44a4dff44ff610a4ca443.jpg
More info: Nice, caring person who loves and is very protective of her younger siblings. She is a quiet person who tends to keep to herself. Shy around new people, she is more open with her siblings or those she truly trusts. She loves books, sewing, and baking. At school, she can mainly be found in the library or assisting the theater teacher (with fliers, fetching things and costuming).

Checked over characters more thoroughly they all look good now we just need a parent I can play dad if we don't get any other interest

Name: Luciano Barry
Role: Politician
a-former-fbi-profiler-offers-a-theory-on-why-so-many-politicians-use-the-same-weird-hand-gesture.jpg

Apperence:
More info: None really at the moment.

Solar Union Solar Union hey so I don't have any particular problems with your character just some follow-up info is necessary I think

so like what kind of politician are you so like what level of government are you involved in and how would you see yourself being integrated into the game.
I am completely willing to work this through with you and figure it out just wanted to get your thoughts as to what kind of part he would play in the game.

also so everyone knows I will be posting a character to be the dad so we can actually get this roleplay going, however, we are still looking for mom and some other random characters if people are interested. that being said if someone gets a CS up for dad before I do I will most likely give it to them

If you want to write up the mom feel free or we can just say for the time being she is away on a business trip or something and we can play with what we have plus dad who I am writing up right now.

as far as other random characters everyone should feel free to bring in whatever other characters they want I only require a CS for the character if they will be coming around often however
_Home_Body_ _Home_Body_

Name: William James O'rian
Role: The Father
Appearance:
Back-Brushed-Look-For-Medium-Hair.jpg

More Info: William is the father of the O'rian household. He works as a lawyer and is often rather busy with cases, but he always seems to find time to spend with his family and give them the love and care they need. He is generally very mild mannered but can be a bit overprotective of his family. in other words, if you want to see him get angry just you know make some kind of threat to his kids or something. If you stay on his good side he will do anything for you. William loves watching football and cooking on his grill outside. He also has a habit of buying random pieces of modern art for his study that nobody else seems to understand.

It was a warm Saturday morning, the house was quiet as everyone slept when through the house rang Williams' voice just loud enough to be heard and probably only waking the eldest of the kids. " Charles can you make sure everyone gets up and eats I need to run to the office for a couple hours, " he said as he finished getting ready and headed for the door.

Charles lazily shambled down the stairs still half asleep simply wearing some sleep pants. " it's 7 am on a Saturday why do you have to go to the office" Charles whined tired from staying up late the previous night

"I just do bud but its only for a few hours then we are all going to go out and do something fun okay? so please just make sure everyone gets up and eats so they are ready to go now I gotta go bud see you in a bit" with that William kissed Charles on the forehead and headed out the door.

Something big must be going on dad never works on Saturday well not at the office at least Charles thought to himself as he trudged back up the stairs he grabbed a shirt and headed to Anna's room he opened the door as he finished pulling the shirt over his head "Anna dad wants everyone to get up" he quickly said before moving on to the next room leaving the door open behind him. the next room held his youngest sister Heidi he opened the door "Heidi it's time to get up" and he left just as quickly as he did last time leaving the door open behind him he went to his room to grab his clothes for the day. charles knew if he wanted any hot water he had to move otherwise his sisters would use it all so he quickly showered Got dressed and everything else he needed to do in their before heading back to each room to make sure his sisters were getting up.

d646363251521e3538dfff7cc54901a8--teen-boys-outfits-teen-boy-clothes.jpg
Charles's outfit

_Home_Body_ _Home_Body_
AquaMarie AquaMarie
11254man 11254man

One might call a feat of convenience or, just as likely, coincidence, that Martin woke up just then as well. His eyes fluttered halfway open, accompanied by a somewhat annoyed groan. Martin found himself laying on the floor of his living room, bits of the plywood sheet -- one apparently far more thin than he'd otherwise thought -- scattered around and on top of him. He was tired, or at least not particularly energetic, though he supposed he had to face his actions at some point. Look at himself in the mirror, whether literally or figuratively. His gaze by this point was entirely fixed on the ugly fan above his coffee table, now one blade short of four. His whole body felt as if it were both weightless and the weight of a small planet. He smelled sawdust and felt a dull pain across his arms head. Even so, for a brief moment, even with the chaos that had previously ensued, there was a certain sense of peace to it all, accompanied by a kind of warmth against the back of his head. A... a damp warmth.

Why was the back of his head warm? He pushed himself up to a sitting position, rubbing the back of his head. It certainly was wet, whatever it was. By this point he should have figured it out, but it was only when he brought his hand in front of his face that he finally deduced it to be blood. He squeezed his eyes shut a few times in a row -- a deliberate attempt to stave off the dull pain beginning to form at the back of his scalp. With a bit more effort, he pushed himself to his feet. He noted the coffee table sporting a similar shade of crimson to that which now stained the carpet where he had been laying. Not only this, but the back of his button up shirt was similarly covered in blood. On the bright side, he thought, I don't have to change into anything new on a Saturday.
He looked up at the fan once more, the spot at which it had snapped being particularly jagged, as if it had more exploded than simply snapped. He sighed, groggily stumbling out of the living room, into the hallway, and over to the bathroom. He opened the cabinet above the sink, taking out a particularly frayed rag and placing it against the back of his head. He took a step back, pivoting to face the mirror. There he was: Twenty-Four years old, living with his sister (Who was by now away on vacation for an indeterminate amount of time), and wearing a noose with a bit of splintered plywood wrapped around the other end.

After making sure his sisters were on the rise Charles headed downstairs to begin making breakfast he checked the cabinets for something to make. Charles was not a particularly skilled cook but he was good enough at the basics to make a breakfast his sisters would complain about. after finding some pancake mix and bacon he knew just what he would make so he made up a big stack of pancakes and cooked some bacon cursing under his breath a few times as the bacon grease splashed his hand. just as he finnished he realized he was missing one very inportant thing maple syrup he knew that wouldn't go over well and there was nowhere in walking distance to buy some so he thought for a moment before throwing some shoes on and heading to their next door neghbor Martin to see if he had any he walked up to the house stepping up to the door he gave three solid knocks and waited for a responce
11254man 11254man

Anna groaned as she slowly pulled herself out of bed, shuttering as her feet touched the cool floor. She patted down her messy bed head as she stumbled to the closet, pulling out some clothes before making a bee-line to the bathroom. After she was done with her routine she peeked into her little sister's room, knocking on the door. "Heidi, come on and get dress, you'll miss breakfast." She left her alone after that, making her way downstairs to the kitchen. "Charles?" Anna looked around the kitchen and living room for her older brother, giving up after a good five minutes. She sat herself down at the table, resting her head on her folded hands.

The knocking seemed to almost immediately remove Martin from the dream-like-state the previous night had put him in. He stumbled out of the bathroom, rag still against the back of his head. Martin ran towards the front door, using the walls of both the hallway and then the living room to keep himself from toppling over. He'd almost opened the door before he realized he was still wearing a rope around his neck. He shook his head, near dismissive of his situation as a whole. He tried to use his remaining hand (as the other was still staying the bleeding from the back of his head) to loosen the knot. After maybe fifteen seconds of trying to unravel the rope in vain, he decided it'd be less suspicious to just answer the door in the first place. He unlocked the door, pulling it open just enough to see through. "What's it ya' need? Also... eh', who are you?" He asked, having forgotten to check who it was first. He decided, after he dealt with whoever was at the door, he was going to take time out for a couple deep breaths and possibly even a few minutes of meditation. Maybe try to get himself in better sorts before he figured out what to do next.

Charles smiled as the door opened slightly "hey umm yeah.... I'm Charles I live next door" he said gesturing towards the house "I was... well I made pancakes for breakfast for my sisters cause my dad's at work and moms on a trip" he paused realizing he was rambling as he usually did when he talked to people he barely knew "...I need maple syrup or my sisters will flip" he finally got out "you got any?" he asked tilting his head slightly trying to get a better look at what was going on as this guy seemed a bit off.

_Home_Body_ _Home_Body_
AquaMarie AquaMarie
11254man 11254man

Anna pulled herself out of her seat, making her way to the front door. The girl gave a sigh as she glanced around with bored eyes at the other houses. She sat herself down onto the paved walkway, breaking off a stick from a bush that sat in front of the house. She poked it into the dirt, dragging it around the soft clump. A small sweet hum left her lips as she drew into the earth, ignoring the slight chill she got from the morning air.

"Syrup... right," Martin muttered, giving a brief pause before nodding to himself. "Yeah, be right back!" He rushed off to the kitchen, half sliding in front of the fridge. He wrapped his hands around the handles which protruded from the center of the fridge, throwing both sides of its door open in an attempt to find anything resembling syrup. Unfortunately, the only real thing of note was a quarter jar of molasses, the date of use having fallen off entirely. After a brief few seconds of deliberation -- particularly over the health implications surrounding undated molasses -- Martin snatched it from the inside of the fridge door, closing it with an admittedly unwarranted degree of care. He'd have rationalized it as I don't want my sister to wonder how I broke the fan AND the fridge while she was gone. He was about to rush back to the front door with his recently procured molasses, but caught himself staring at a picture of the two of them. Martin and Lilly. He was still mildly distraught that she'd essentially abandoned him here, but the visceral feeling of emptiness which accompanied that feeling of abandonment had subsided overnight, he found. After the brief reflection on family relations, he decided to move back towards the door, molasses in hand.

Anna nodded to her older brother, dropping the stick in the dirt as she looked over her art. She gave it a small shrug, before walking back inside to wash her hands. The dirt drawing was of an eye, but it looked a little odd due to the dirt clumping in some places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back