Other Just a Short Vent.

CreatureFriendly

Well-Dressed Skeleton.
So, I want to start out by saying I love this site. RpNation is probably the most active RP site I've been on and I have had a lot of good RPs on here. That said, sometimes I do get frustrated. Though it cannot be helped what is popular, it can be difficult to find certain Fandoms on here. This kind of lends into feelings of... Loneliness, I guess? Like, you're so excited about this one thing and you're looking forward to talking to people about it, but it seems like you're the only one who is interested in it? You're kind of left without an outlet and it gets frustrating. Has anyone else ever felt like that?

Oh yeah, I've felt that before for sure. Still feel it a lot. I don't think it needs to be a permanent feeling, though!
In terms of RP:
I always suggest to everyone that joins this site or is looking for something specific to be persistent and loud. If you bump your threads daily, interact with the community, introduce your interests to others and even grapple people in from off-site- even the most obscure interests can get a bite.
If all else fails, of course you can create a world based off a fandom (my group rp being an example) and still get pretty darn close to roleplaying in that fandom.
In terms of having fandom-friends:
I can't go off-site to talk to people about Omori and I'm extremely shy online, so often I feel like I'm just yelling into the void, but I take pride in how much I love the things I love. I wish I could talk to people about certain things but I have faith that one day someone will be my friend that likes the same thing and until then I will just be the relentless fanboy I am. While you can urge people into a fandom by buying them the game or watching the movie/series with them, I feel like being able to love something all on your own is also a good skill to have. It's really lonely sometimes and tbh I cry about it every so often but I can always rely on my own passion to fill the empty space and keep on trucking.
Just to clarify though, it's perfectly okay to be upset and frustration is normal, I wanted to give you some kind of semi-positive note!
(if anything here is wonky I'm hella sleepy and writing on a mobile device)

Hirquitickitty Hirquitickitty
Thank you, Zerachinn. I really appreciate your post. It's good to know that there are others who have found themselves in a similar situation or harbored similar feelings. I don't think I'll stop looking for what it is I'm searching for, but sometimes the waiting and hoping gets difficult. It won't stop me, but it does sometimes get discouraging. But like you said, I guess I just have to keep on trucking, huh?

There will always be someone who will be interested just people can be shy. Or maybe they don't see it right away and you gotta track them down. Never lose hope because it is always there/

I concur with the man who will make me captain when I arrest him dead-or-alive. Keep your spirits up, if not neutral, and you'll attract someone who matches your interests. I hope you will be able to find what you are looking for! I am curious, however, what kind of fandoms you are searching for. I adore a lot of fandoms that do not seem to hold great interest in the masses, though I usually tend toward writing things out as opposed to roleplaying it out for those fandoms.

In short, rooting for you!

Thanny Thanny and Big Brother Jack Big Brother Jack

Thank you both for your encouraging words! I think I'm doing a bit better. Sometimes I just have to remind myself not to get so caught up in things. The whole point of being on this site is to have fun with your writing. It defeats the whole purpose if I'm stressing myself over it. But anyway, thank you for taking the time out of your days to talk with me!

(To answer your question, Thanny, I've mostly looking been for Netflix's Sweet Tooth. It's a charming show with an interesting premise and I actually started reading the comics not too long ago.)

You are very welcome! I am happy to provide! I have never heard of this Sweet Tooth before, but if it is based around comics it charms me already. Sadly I am too stocked up on roleplays to assist, but I hope you will be able to find someone to accompany your passion for your slightly more obscure fandoms.

Why not write fanfic? You don't have to let a lack of interest stop you from writing something you're passionate about.

I've had over my far share of those feelings. I've learned to accept. I'm content with my partners. Accept the unfair culture and be happy with the partners you already have.

grimmmy grimmmy
That's not a bad suggestion. But part of it is that I like writing with other people.

CookieGalaxy CookieGalaxy
I've already acknowledged and accepted the fact that not all content is as equally popular as others. I just posted this as a way of getting some frustrations off my chest.

I relate to this.

Writing one-shots or fanfics isn't ideal for me, although I have a skilled pen, because apart of the fun for me is interacting with the other person, and having to come up with in-character responses in real time. It's a bit like a mind game, and I enjoy the back and forth of it. I'm in many fandoms but like to play canon characters, and even if I don't mind my partner playing an OC, it still feels so difficult to find a partner in ideal fandoms. It's one of the reasons I keep taking hiatuses.

You saying you like interacting with the other person, you probably feel the same. It's a tough and lonely feeling but like others have said, being vocal and persistent about your fandom is sure to bring an interested party with time. Honestly, it might take a while, but don't be discouraged at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back