• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered just a question

_Yua Watanabe_

๐™‰๐™ค ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž ๐™™๐™ค.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
quick question, whats a character sheet? and ooc- im still new to this site soo ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿ‘ˆ

A character sheet is a template people use to create a character. Some GMs and RP partners like character sheets so they can properly make a plot around our character's backstory and personalities, or they make the plot and you make the character that would fit that plot. GMs for group RPs use character sheets to make sure the character matches the tone and lore of the RP.

It's something that usually includes the basic information and identifying stuff of your character. Here's an example I use for any character:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

You can add more to it too, and they aren't all just that. OOC means Out of Character. It basically means talking as yourself, not as your character, and discussions of an RP usually are all Out of Character.

EDIT: I didn't notice Chordling and Kiyoko already responded. XD lol whoops. But I'll still leave this here.

OOC stands for "out of character", usually referring to the thread where everyone communicates when they're not writing as their character(s).

A character sheet is a template people use to create a character. Some GMs and RP partners like character sheets so they can properly make a plot around our character's backstory and personalities, or they make the plot and you make the character that would fit that plot. GMs for group RPs use character sheets to make sure the character matches the tone and lore of the RP.

It's something that usually includes the basic information and identifying stuff of your character. Here's an example I use for any character:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

You can add more to it too, and they aren't all just that. OOC means Out of Character. It basically means talking as yourself, not as your character, and discussions of an RP usually are all Out of Character.

EDIT: I didn't notice Chordling and Kiyoko already responded. XD lol whoops. But I'll still leave this here.
oh no no- its fine i asked another another question anyway

You would follow a format, which the GM of the roleplay provides, and fill in the required information that relates to each of the fields.
so is it just the same?

how do i make an OOC. and a character sheet? (last question for now i promise)

how do i make an OOC. and a character sheet? (last question for now i promise)
I've merged the thread with your previous one, as the questions seem related and there were already a few answers to that.

This explains the basics of what a character sheet and OOC are.

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Now, what exactly you need to put in your character sheet, depends on the roleplay you want to participate in.
Every roleplay has its own requirements.

You can take a look at this tutorial: How to Create a Roleplay
And the Guide on RpNation Comprehensive Guide to RpNation

They explain where you need to post your threads if you want to join or start roleplays :)

A character sheet is different between many many people. The main things people would want to see are what I have shown. You just fill in the blanks basically, but I'll work you through it.

Name: Your character's first and last name (if they have a last name) and any nicknames they may have (some people will have their character's nicknames in a separate thing).
Nickname: like this
Appearance: What do they look like? Usually has eye color, (eye/iris/pupil shape if they are another species besides human), hair color, hair style/length, skin color, height and less often weight, are they muscular or skinny or rounder, and what do they wear?
Personality: What is your character like? How do they react when it gets stressful? How are they with friends or strangers? This doesn't have to be too in-depth unless people ask for it. If you are not sure and want to express it further in the RP, then you may just write in "Will reveal this in the RP". Unless the GM or RP partner asks to put more detail in this section.
Backstory: What is your character's life like? What were their parents like, and did they have any siblings? What were they like? Did they have a good life with their family? Did they get any achievements or go through any hardships? Does their backstory shape the way they are (basically does the backstory shape their personality) and is there anything in life they want to do that can be achieved in the RP?

The character sheets can be as simple or as detailed as you'd like. For me, I prefer detailed character sheets but that doesn't mean that simple is bad or shouldn't be done. Do what is comfortable :)

These are the basic sections you should fill out. They are in every character sheet (or almost every character sheet). The character's personality and appearance may change throughout the RP, so use that as a baseline and starting point of how your character acts.

There are other sections that people sometimes add. If you need help figuring out those ones, you can ask me either here or on my profile. :)

Here is a filled out character sheet I have made for one of my characters. I have left out the extra bits because I want to focus on what is actually important.

Name: Reginald "Reggie" "Reg" Valerias (I put his nicknames in quotations and in between his first and last name)
Gender: Male / Straight (I also add sexuality but you don't need to do that unless you are okay with your character being in a romance with another character or if you want to keep it a secret, and usually sexuality has its own section)
Appearance: Reggie has blonde hair that is combed back, bright sapphire eyes, pale skin, and is 5'11" (180 cm) and weighs 160 lbs (72.57 kg) of moderate muscle he accumulated during his journey in Unova. He usually wears something pretty close to travel-okay business casual clothing. He has dark grey dress pants, black dress shoes, black socks, a purple trainer belt with PokeBall slots, a dark purple dress shirt, and a green XTransceiver on his right wrist. He also has a simple black phone that should have a Rotom, but is fit with a sim card instead. Finishing off his look, he has a black dress coat with golden cuff buttons and a yellow and red striped bowtie. He occasionally wears a black trilby with a red sash around the base. He absolutely loves his trilby and will make sure it doesn't get damaged or lost. For more casual clothes when he knows he'll get dirty, he has black combat boots, baggy dark grey pants, a simple t-shirt with an archaic Giratina design, his purple trainer belt, and a grey coat with red and black stripes on the front, yellow spiked pockets and cuffs, and the hoodie has yellow fluff around the hood's edges. Wherever he goes, he has a large ruddy red camping backpack on his back that holds items for a small pot, a small tent, bowls, utensils, rations, extra clothes, hygiene equipment, rope, and other such items used for a Pokemon Journey that isn't just survival. (I do add both standard US and metric system because I know not everyone who roleplays is from America or uses the standard US system)
Personality: Reggie is a very exuberant young man. He swings his arms around every which way to convey his emotions in what seems to be frantic motions, but they aren't meant to show panic. No, they are meant to show his unending excitement and make him something to stare at. He didn't care if people stared at him for negative or neutral reasons, he just cared he had a spotlight on him. With his Gastly sharing this same sentiment, the shininess factor and Reggie's loud and attention-grabbing antics make them the star of almost any show and they both drink up the attention people give them. When around people, he is extremely sweet and loyal to anyone who wants to be his friend, and he gains friends quickly - or at least becomes the other person's friend quickly, despite the other person not reciprocating the platonic relationship. He tries to get to know people as well as he can and will sacrifice the stuff he wants to make sure his friends are happy, and he is quick to defend his friends, leading to some misunderstandings if he's not careful to judge people's faces and reactions to each other. He does have two sides to him. The normal rambunctious side of him is the side most people see. The more stoic and professional side of him are ones that business people see. Whenever he meets someone who is high up in the "ladder", he tends to adopt a more professional way of speaking and acting, forgoing most slang and his cheery attitude for something more polite and respectable. His voice is pretty baritone, but he can reach to the heights of tenor if he gets really excited. He is also becoming something of a lady's man and tries to charm women around his age. It isn't for any reason than to make the woman feel good about themselves while he flirts with them, trying to lift their spirits and make them smile. He understands he isn't everyone's type, but he does his best to sacrifice his feelings, time, and energy to make sure people around him are happy. However, you insult him when he thinks you are his friend and he'll get very paranoid about whether or not he's going to be your friend still, to the point where the paranoia eats away at him and it ends up destroying the relationship when it could have gotten better if he didn't freak out so much. If you aren't his friend and you mean it when you insult him, he just insults back in a coy, smug manner because he has no time for such silliness and is self-confident enough to not be persuaded by mere jabs from a stranger. Though, he will forgive a stranger for the comments they have said before easier than if a long-time friend were to try and make up for their comments and attitudes.
Backstory: Reggie, as he would prefer anyone call him (even in a business casual setting), was born in Hearthome City, Sinnoh before being taken to Opelucid City, Unova to live out the rest of his childhood. He desperately wanted to go on an adventure and dreamed of a chance for his parents to be brave enough to send him out. While his childhood was peaceful and filled with teachings of both history of the Pokemon World, the different region's histories, learning of myths and legends, as well as having some close encounters that would mark him as a Medium for the rest of his life, he wanted to go outside and explore. Have an adventure. Have some fun. His parents wanted him to grow up the least sheltered as possible, but soon regretted it as he would constantly talk about going on adventures and defeating strong opponents. Most of the tournaments he watched on the television and his actions mirroring that of the Pokemon were enough to possibly make his mother faint if it weren't for her more difficult journies as an up-and-coming Pokemon Trainer and finding her son's rambunctious hijinks endearing. His father was basically as close as you can get to an aristocrat. He had lots of money and did his best to make sure his family lived comfortably. He never flaunted it, but instead flaunted his fashion sense and exuberant energy that his son emulated and turned the dial up to 11. Once Reggie was ten, he thought about which Pokemon he wanted. His favorite was by far a Gastly, but it wasn't a Starter Pokemon. Not having the foresight to see this sooner, he lost his motivation to go on a journey and began to focus solely on his academic life. He was the only one in his class to not have a Pokemon partner that was truly his, not just a Mimikyu or a Polteageist from his parents. Finally, when he was fifteen (and after his parents saved up as much as they could), they bought Reggie his first Pokemon. A Shiny Gastly. The boy was so ecstatic. His parents didn't need to get him a Shiny Gastly, but they felt bad that their son didn't get his favorite Pokemon when he was ten, so they made up for it by saving enough to buy him a special one. Reggie sent his sights in his home region, Unova, to settle on an adventure. He was two badges in, but decided that Galar was more interesting, especially with the Action Contests appealing his almost obnoxious nature. He flew to Galar, hoping to start his journey over and get some interesting Pokemon.

And there we go. Yes, he is a Pokemon Trainer. XD anyway, that should be all. :) if you have any questions, let me know either here or on my profile. :)

A character sheet is different between many many people. The main things people would want to see are what I have shown. You just fill in the blanks basically, but I'll work you through it.

Name: Your character's first and last name (if they have a last name) and any nicknames they may have (some people will have their character's nicknames in a separate thing).
Nickname: like this
Appearance: What do they look like? Usually has eye color, (eye/iris/pupil shape if they are another species besides human), hair color, hair style/length, skin color, height and less often weight, are they muscular or skinny or rounder, and what do they wear?
Personality: What is your character like? How do they react when it gets stressful? How are they with friends or strangers? This doesn't have to be too in-depth unless people ask for it. If you are not sure and want to express it further in the RP, then you may just write in "Will reveal this in the RP". Unless the GM or RP partner asks to put more detail in this section.
Backstory: What is your character's life like? What were their parents like, and did they have any siblings? What were they like? Did they have a good life with their family? Did they get any achievements or go through any hardships? Does their backstory shape the way they are (basically does the backstory shape their personality) and is there anything in life they want to do that can be achieved in the RP?

The character sheets can be as simple or as detailed as you'd like. For me, I prefer detailed character sheets but that doesn't mean that simple is bad or shouldn't be done. Do what is comfortable :)

These are the basic sections you should fill out. They are in every character sheet (or almost every character sheet). The character's personality and appearance may change throughout the RP, so use that as a baseline and starting point of how your character acts.

There are other sections that people sometimes add. If you need help figuring out those ones, you can ask me either here or on my profile. :)

Here is a filled out character sheet I have made for one of my characters. I have left out the extra bits because I want to focus on what is actually important.

Name: Reginald "Reggie" "Reg" Valerias (I put his nicknames in quotations and in between his first and last name)
Gender: Male / Straight (I also add sexuality but you don't need to do that unless you are okay with your character being in a romance with another character or if you want to keep it a secret, and usually sexuality has its own section)
Appearance: Reggie has blonde hair that is combed back, bright sapphire eyes, pale skin, and is 5'11" (180 cm) and weighs 160 lbs (72.57 kg) of moderate muscle he accumulated during his journey in Unova. He usually wears something pretty close to travel-okay business casual clothing. He has dark grey dress pants, black dress shoes, black socks, a purple trainer belt with PokeBall slots, a dark purple dress shirt, and a green XTransceiver on his right wrist. He also has a simple black phone that should have a Rotom, but is fit with a sim card instead. Finishing off his look, he has a black dress coat with golden cuff buttons and a yellow and red striped bowtie. He occasionally wears a black trilby with a red sash around the base. He absolutely loves his trilby and will make sure it doesn't get damaged or lost. For more casual clothes when he knows he'll get dirty, he has black combat boots, baggy dark grey pants, a simple t-shirt with an archaic Giratina design, his purple trainer belt, and a grey coat with red and black stripes on the front, yellow spiked pockets and cuffs, and the hoodie has yellow fluff around the hood's edges. Wherever he goes, he has a large ruddy red camping backpack on his back that holds items for a small pot, a small tent, bowls, utensils, rations, extra clothes, hygiene equipment, rope, and other such items used for a Pokemon Journey that isn't just survival. (I do add both standard US and metric system because I know not everyone who roleplays is from America or uses the standard US system)
Personality: Reggie is a very exuberant young man. He swings his arms around every which way to convey his emotions in what seems to be frantic motions, but they aren't meant to show panic. No, they are meant to show his unending excitement and make him something to stare at. He didn't care if people stared at him for negative or neutral reasons, he just cared he had a spotlight on him. With his Gastly sharing this same sentiment, the shininess factor and Reggie's loud and attention-grabbing antics make them the star of almost any show and they both drink up the attention people give them. When around people, he is extremely sweet and loyal to anyone who wants to be his friend, and he gains friends quickly - or at least becomes the other person's friend quickly, despite the other person not reciprocating the platonic relationship. He tries to get to know people as well as he can and will sacrifice the stuff he wants to make sure his friends are happy, and he is quick to defend his friends, leading to some misunderstandings if he's not careful to judge people's faces and reactions to each other. He does have two sides to him. The normal rambunctious side of him is the side most people see. The more stoic and professional side of him are ones that business people see. Whenever he meets someone who is high up in the "ladder", he tends to adopt a more professional way of speaking and acting, forgoing most slang and his cheery attitude for something more polite and respectable. His voice is pretty baritone, but he can reach to the heights of tenor if he gets really excited. He is also becoming something of a lady's man and tries to charm women around his age. It isn't for any reason than to make the woman feel good about themselves while he flirts with them, trying to lift their spirits and make them smile. He understands he isn't everyone's type, but he does his best to sacrifice his feelings, time, and energy to make sure people around him are happy. However, you insult him when he thinks you are his friend and he'll get very paranoid about whether or not he's going to be your friend still, to the point where the paranoia eats away at him and it ends up destroying the relationship when it could have gotten better if he didn't freak out so much. If you aren't his friend and you mean it when you insult him, he just insults back in a coy, smug manner because he has no time for such silliness and is self-confident enough to not be persuaded by mere jabs from a stranger. Though, he will forgive a stranger for the comments they have said before easier than if a long-time friend were to try and make up for their comments and attitudes.
Backstory: Reggie, as he would prefer anyone call him (even in a business casual setting), was born in Hearthome City, Sinnoh before being taken to Opelucid City, Unova to live out the rest of his childhood. He desperately wanted to go on an adventure and dreamed of a chance for his parents to be brave enough to send him out. While his childhood was peaceful and filled with teachings of both history of the Pokemon World, the different region's histories, learning of myths and legends, as well as having some close encounters that would mark him as a Medium for the rest of his life, he wanted to go outside and explore. Have an adventure. Have some fun. His parents wanted him to grow up the least sheltered as possible, but soon regretted it as he would constantly talk about going on adventures and defeating strong opponents. Most of the tournaments he watched on the television and his actions mirroring that of the Pokemon were enough to possibly make his mother faint if it weren't for her more difficult journies as an up-and-coming Pokemon Trainer and finding her son's rambunctious hijinks endearing. His father was basically as close as you can get to an aristocrat. He had lots of money and did his best to make sure his family lived comfortably. He never flaunted it, but instead flaunted his fashion sense and exuberant energy that his son emulated and turned the dial up to 11. Once Reggie was ten, he thought about which Pokemon he wanted. His favorite was by far a Gastly, but it wasn't a Starter Pokemon. Not having the foresight to see this sooner, he lost his motivation to go on a journey and began to focus solely on his academic life. He was the only one in his class to not have a Pokemon partner that was truly his, not just a Mimikyu or a Polteageist from his parents. Finally, when he was fifteen (and after his parents saved up as much as they could), they bought Reggie his first Pokemon. A Shiny Gastly. The boy was so ecstatic. His parents didn't need to get him a Shiny Gastly, but they felt bad that their son didn't get his favorite Pokemon when he was ten, so they made up for it by saving enough to buy him a special one. Reggie sent his sights in his home region, Unova, to settle on an adventure. He was two badges in, but decided that Galar was more interesting, especially with the Action Contests appealing his almost obnoxious nature. He flew to Galar, hoping to start his journey over and get some interesting Pokemon.

And there we go. Yes, he is a Pokemon Trainer. XD anyway, that should be all. :) if you have any questions, let me know either here or on my profile. :)
okay ik that was supposed to answer my question but i loved every freaking second of reading that

okay ik that was supposed to answer my question but i loved every freaking second of reading that
LOL XD I love making character sheets more so than actually using the characters for RPs. XD it's a sad hole to fall in to though XD

to a one called "The war we win together"

So, a character sheet for your RP would look slightly different. Along with the usual stuff, you'll need to add a few things since it is a Medieval era fantasy setting (like DnD). So here's what I would do for the character sheet. You may use it to its completion, or tweak it a little to your liking. :)

Name:
Appearance:
Weapons/Magic: (if they have any to start out with or what they are planning to get in the future)
Personality:
Battle Style: (this is how the characters fight. Do they use heavy armor and heavy weapons to take and deal lots of damage? Are they quick and prefer to use sneak attacks or hitting enemies' weak points up close or from afar? If your world involves magic, do they have access to magic? That sort of stuff)
Backstory: (this must include what faction they belong to, which you'll need to make the different factions or have everybody else make their own factions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back