• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Just a(n) (Ab)Normal Day [RP] [OPEN]

The man wasn't backing down but neither was Oliver, threats didn't seem to work. So he decided one last tactic.
"You know the Bloody Forest? Yer lookin' at the guy who caused tha' shit." He growled, it didn't help his case with the crowd but the man backed off. "Tha's what I fockin' thought ya bastard." He continued walking through the crowd and to the other supernatural, or where they were supposed to be. He decided to settle down in the middle of it all. He plopped himself down and just relaxed.

"In my dreams I only see a few things. A village with small huts, weird looking people from time to time and a family of five. But I do remember one woman in particular. I don't know what relationship I have with her, but It feels motherly. I don't know why, but every time I visit those dreams, something tells me to get out. And then I wake up." Kin would think whilst he went through his normal routine of getting up, dealing with the butlers orders, working out for a while and finally leaving the house (having to sneak out, because of his boxing managers strict orders.). It's lucky he didn't have a match set up this week, so he could have some free time to himself. "Taxi!" Kin shouted to the yellow vehicle driving past.

On his way to town, he saw.. weird looking people go by. People that didn't look human. This lit a spark in his brain, making him remember the dreams and other flashbacks that hadn't occurred in said dreams. "That'll be twenty dollars." Kin heard from the driver whilst in the depths of his flashback. "Oh, yea. Sorry." He'd reply, digging into his pockets and handing the right amount of money to the man. With that, he thanked the man and opened the door, getting out into a horde of humans and non humans. "What the hell is going on.." Kin muttered out loud, obviously new to the whole ordeal of supernaturals walking around him.

For someone new, he was extremely calm about it. For some reason, this all felt natural. How the world should be.

At the moment, he was walking down the street, looking for some place to go. Kin wasn't hungry though, so a restaurant wasn't what he wanted. "What to do, what to do.." He'd ask himself, avoiding fans of his work.

Anyone Anyone

In a forest, too close to the city of the supernaturals, a dull grove filled with twisting bramble resides. It surely must have been a work of magic or some other supernatural aid that this piece of forest had not been found, for if they had been destroyed there would be terrible consequences...

The leaves on the nearby trees were dulling, and their bark was marked with a blight. The grove was dying, and it needed help... Wind rushed through the grove, as if some enormous creature was taking a deep breath, immediately followed by a deafening blast of noise, loud enough to carry on for miles.

"MAUYAAADIB ANU PA-ZII REMA. DUNIS A-ZII NUHAJJ ZETHA."

Slowly, something in the center of the grove had moved. A small tree-like creature sitting next to a stone altar. The creature slowly opened its eyes with the sound of wood cracking and stood up, stretching its limbs as best as a tree could do. Her name was Zetha, the last of the grove protecters, as far as she knew. The groves were the heart of nature around the world, and her kind was entrusted to protect them... Until that fateful evening. But now, the trees called to her again it seems. Zetha carefully surveyed the situation.

...Impossible! Somehow, the holy trees of the grove had caught some sort of disease, white markings on their bark. She had never seen this kind of affliction on her family before, so she assumed it must be a new disease introduced over the ages. She pondered for a moment, thinking back to the last 'visitors' they've had before the unspeakable incident. Some form of invaders, but if they had brought a disease with them it would have surely shown the signs of disease earlier. Of course, this had happened before and it was a straightforward task to fix it. She knelt in front of the altar and prayed, gathering varied ingredients of the forest before her. Yet something was missing... Her heart nearly stopped as she realized what it was... a sacred blossom. Each grove always has a constant supplies of these blossoms growing on all the trees, yet hers was empty. Much like a machine encountering an error, Zetha began to stumble, unsure of what to do. She looked around frantically, running her wooded appendages through the leaves on her head. Suddenly she remembered the talk of a second grove on this continent. While groves were spread out over the globe, the large scale of this landmass required more than one, similar to some of the eastern landmasses. Yet she had no idea what was outside of the grove. Even during her trials, she did not venture out of the grove. Indeed, she was scared, but she was more fearful of failing her duty. And so, she walked out of the grove. Tears would be pouring through her eyes if they weren't so stiff, and sobs would be escaping her lips if they weren't frozen shut. As she walkes through the woods, she realized how far this blight had spread. Eventually, outside of the grove she was struck dumbfounded. What she once thought was an endless expanse of trees had been replaced by horrific monoliths of stone. And so much noise... noise... noise... She felt an inkling of a rage long stored away burrowed inside of her, but she dismissed it. Perhaps she would find the answers in there though. Zetha ascended up the valley into the backwoods of a suburb. She caught sights of humans, reminding her of what she once was. After so long, she had forgotten how tall her mutation had made her, towering over the small humans at around 8 feet. Yet, along with the awe she was struck by more sadness, no sign of a blossom not to mention a tree. She walked for hours, eventually finding her way near the city square, where there seemed to be a large mass of humans and other creatures gathering. The leaves on her hair fluttered in a bout of nervousness, but her quest needed progress.

Zetha fortunately caught sight of a wandering human close enough to interact with. She doubted that a stranger would know anything about the grove, but she had to know where she could find another clue. Seeing him walking by fast, she grabbed him by the shoulder, though her wooden appendages made it seem like she was trying to bludgeon him.

"Mmmaaarooove..."

Was the only sound she could make, the groaning of some old organs behind wooden lips. Her grasp on his shoulder was tight, yet she didnt mean to be almost crushing his fragile human body.

Wake-N-Bake Wake-N-Bake

He was lost in thought, figuring out what to do with all the free time he had on his hands, before getting a tight grip on his shoulder. At this, he instantly thought about the butler (Being how strong he's supposed to be), but instead when he turned around - about to give his apology for not following orders - he was greeted with a tall figure that looked like it was made from.. Bark? If it wasn't for the high resistant to pain that he's developed over the years, he would be whining like a baby from how strong this creature was. "You want me to.. Move?" Kin calmly asked, looking unfazed by the sudden grasp.

-[[ Sorry I haven't posted GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger I had a problem to deal with. ]]-

(( Wake-N-Bake Wake-N-Bake No worries, take your time))

Zetha tilted her head at the strangers vocalization. All her life, she has known only her language, and in hindsight she should have taken this into account before entering this strange city. She put a wooden palm to her face before continuing, trying to speak in a way that the stranger would understand. She reached up and pointed to the leaves on her hair, then to around the city, looking tentatively at the stranger. She didn't expect an answer, but it was worth a shot.

Meanwhile... inside of Zethas mind an ancient evil stirred.

"... Ahh... It's been so long. Is she awake now?"

The presence could sense that Zetha was currently awake and speaking with someone.

"At long last! My chance to escape this prison!!!"

Kin heard a voice in his head. It sounded like an old man.

"Oh thank you, thank you strange one! You see, I am trapped in this wooden body and am searching for someone to free me from this prison! You wouldn't happen to know anyone skilled in that sort of magic, no?"

Zetha could not hear the voice, for this evil presence was smart enough to evade her perception.

He mentally face palmed himself, not realising that this creature was a tree. He watched it's move it's hand to point to the leaves and then to the city. 'Maybe it's been asleep for a long time? Also, I've got to stop calling it an.. It. I'm sure that it has a gender.' Kin thought, losing sight of the current objective of helping this creature out for a second. But first, he had to deal with the voice in his head. "Well, I'm sort of new to this whole, supernatural thing. So, I don't even know where to start looking for magic." Kin would say out loud, thinking that it was the tree's voice and not the evil presence. The voice that spoke to him sounded like an old man though, so he would guess this tree is a he. Kin didn't know that he was wrong though.

GreenEyedStranger GreenEyedStranger

Wake-N-Bake Wake-N-Bake

The old mans voice laughed in Kins head.

"Yes, I suspected as much. Well, you'd be much better equipped than I to start looking. There is a congregation of what you call 'supernaturals' nearby. I can sense it... If you find me aide, I will compensate you handsomely with immeasurable power..."

Kin could feel a strange energy pulse through him

"I sense you have great physical prowess already? What if I made you an unstoppable warrior?"

Zetha, however, realised that this was a pointless endeavor and began walking on to circle the city center. Perhaps someone else would hold the clue

Kin heard the voice again, fading away as Zetha moved farther

"Wait! I can not control this body! Heeeeelp!...."

Was all the presence could say before Zetha walked out of range. She let out another grinding noise as she tried to loosen her jaw and speak in her native tongue.

"Mauyadib... Me-Zii..."

She would need to work on that.

"It's been... jeez, a quarter century next Tuesday. It was a car crash. One minute everything's normal, and the next, you're looking down at your own corpse. Takes some getting used to." Amy grinned. "But I like it. Bad weather doesn't bother me, I can wear whatever I want with a thought, and I have a lot more time to do stuff."

"You're a long way from the sands of Arabia, Aster. How'd you end up here?"

Oliver felt pretty alone at the moment. Not even his fellow Supernaturals seemed to want to communicate with him. So instead he sat there and wondered if he should sleep, or do something else.
((Open for RP))

Aster smiled. She had never thought that about after life in that way before. She had always figured that most ghosts or spirits would be angry or maybe even sad over being stuck here, in the real of the (mostly) living. Amy definitely didn't seem like a vengeful spirit you might find in the average horror flick.

Aster pondered her question for a moment. She wasn't entirely sure how she'd ended up where she was. After all, genie lamps don't hand windows. She figured she had to have traveled here sometime between Mr. Smith and Madame Oddet.
"You know, I'm pretty sure I got brought over from England to the states, maybe a hundred years ago? Who knows." Aster shrugged and smiled at Amy. "You can wear whatever? It would be pretty funny to run around in a mascot costume or something." She thought out loud.
Shagranoz Shagranoz

Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a rather sad looking fellow, or sad looking to her. Aster thought it sort of odd he hadnt been wearing a shirt, but that definitely wasn't one of the stranger sights in the square. Aster turned her head towards him and waved with a smile. The genie thought that nobody who came out to this event truly wished to sit all alone, plus she really liked meeting new people.
Slothtastic Slothtastic

Oliver looked to the genie and waved. He couldn't help but feel a grin tug on his lips. He wouldn't have to socialize with just humans now. Now he could socialize with other Supernaturals. As long as he had this kind of gateway in order to do so.
JW Suzusihi JW Suzusihi

Zetha looked around, now much more nervous than before as she was deeper in the gathering of these strange people. She had no knowledge of the existence of these "paranormals" or "supernaturals", though she felt something detect an unusual presence.

Her tree-like appearance and abnormal height sure made her stand out like a sore thumb, and she felt mortified.

The evil presence inside of her could detect these supernaturals...

"Surely, at least one of them can rid me of this old hag..."

He thought to himself, cursing in his prison

Anyone Anyone

Aster grinned at the man she had waved at. She came here to meet folks, and that's exactly what she intended to do. Even though she worked at a local junior high, she explained her young appearance as good genetics, she didnt really know anybody her age. Of course finding others who were two millennia old proved to be rather difficult.

Aster waved the shirtless man over to join her.

Slothtastic Slothtastic

Oliver was skeptical but made his way over. He was unsure of what to think of her. She looked normal enough. So he stood in front of her, giving his best smile (it looks absolutely horrible, like he's just baring his teeth) and said "Hello."
JW Suzusihi JW Suzusihi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back