Other Just a little tidbit of my day

Allycena

"You’re mine."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I hit a deer with my car this morning on the way to work. It was dark, like 4:45 a.m. I wasn’t speeding, I saw them and I slowed down as much as I could before I got to them. And one of them conveniently decided to just run out and slam into me. I gripped the wheel really tight with my foot still on the brakes and my eyes shut tightly as well because even though I’m a lover of the dark topics and horror , I still have a somewhat innocent and open heart. So I cried a little and pulled to the side of the road to give myself a minute. And I called both of my parents a million times but neither of them answered, called work and told them I’d be a little late. Luckily I didn’t get hurt or kill it, but I got it good judging by my grill. But I’m sure that deer is probably laying out there in the woods nearby in pain, dead by tomorrow.

I’m shook, but at the same time, I’m feeling a little dissociated. That honestly felt and still feels like a dream, as if it never happened. But it did. It feels so surreal. Utterly unreal, like a very realistic dream of sorts that I usually have from time to time. Is it bad that I’m questioning myself, asking if it really was a dream or not And if I’m losing it?

I'm really sorry, that sounds awful. I don't think it's bad that you're asking yourself if it was a dream -- I don't think it's particularly good, either, it just is. You could always check your car for damage and if it's still damaged, you know it was real, but in the end does it really matter if it wasn't?

Dreams can be scary and they can mess up your day, or your week, and that's okay. Sometimes we're stressed, or we haven't had enough sleep, or a million other things can make wakefulness feel like sleep or vice versa. Unless it's common and you feel like it's affecting your day to day life, I would accept the sorrow and stop beating myself up over feeling a little dissociated. It just means that even in your dreams (if it never happened) you don't want to hurt a living being, is that so bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back