Jurrijn Heilenhuis

Donder172

Three Thousand Club
Name:  Jurrijn Heilenhuis

Nickname(s): The Dutch Sniper/De Nederlandse Sluipschutter

Appearance:

Jurrijn is 1.85 meters tall and has a medium muscular build. He has short, blond hair. As a mercenary, he wears an old Dutch Military uniform which is no longer in service. It notably has signs of damage from combat. He wears under his clothing a bulletproof vest which is of type IIIA. When he is not at work, he mostly wears jeans and a blue shirt.

Backstory:

Jurrijn was born in 1972 in Utrecht. He was conscripted into the army around 1989 and was trained as a sniper. He stayed in the military after the Cold War. He later joined the KCT (Korps Commandotroepen). Here is went further with his training as a sniper. He went to Afghanistan in 2002 and Iraq in 2003 and returned the same year to the Netherlands. He officially left the army in 2004 and migrated to America. Here he went on as a mercenary. As a mercenary, he showed very little of who he actually was. Only going by the name of the 'Dutch Sniper'. Giving only that he was originally from the Netherlands. He discovered a strange kind of power during his time as a mercenary and tried to train in it and control it, which was met with failure. Being only capable of using it very limited and sometimes not working at all, making it most of the time a liability.

Family:

Parents: presumably alive

Friend(s):

Unknown, presumably none in America.

Personality:

Jurrijn had since a young age an interest in weapons and history. Being fascinated by older weapons such as weapons used during WWI and WWII. He was dedicated as a soldier during his time in the army. However, his motives to leave the army were never really officially certain. During his time in America, his fascination for weapons and history did not leave him, and he has been known to search for older weapons, including American and German weapons. However, his fascination doesn't keep him from not doing his job and he is dedicated with his job and chooses his jobs carefully, trying to involve as less with the authority as possible. When he takes a job, he doesn't stop unless the contractor cancels the job. And he tries to kill only his targets, trying to avoid as many civilian casualties as possible. He does know discipline, as he had learn during his time in the army. While little is known by people what his motives are to be a mercenary, the most known is that he only cares for money. Which is actually one of his motives.

While he is aware of his powers, he does wish sometimes he never had them as he couldn't get them under his control.

While he does know English, he does speak with a Dutch accent and sometimes has the urge to speak in Dutch.

Powers/Signature Move:

Enhanced senses (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell)

Enhanced strength

Power Limitations:

Lacks proper training to fully control his powers and could lose control of his powers in the middle of a fight. His abilities are sometimes a liability and could even work against him, making it look for him sometimes as a curse. He can also only use his powers to limited extend due to his lack of proper training with his powers and they aren't his main focus.

Abilities:

Jurrijn is a skilled sniper, focusing mostly on this. He has also some skills in short ranged combat, but feels more comfortable in fighting from a long distance.

Jurrijn's strenght is his military training and combat experience as a sniper. Being able to shoot from long ranges with deadly accuracy.

Weapons/Gadgets/Tech:

Jurrijn owns an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare(SR-98) and a Glock 17. He also has a M9 Byonet.

Weaknesses:

Has no defenses against powers, however this could change depending on how the story will go.

He can still be taken out like all humans, with or without his powers.

Note: If he is accepted, he can be hired by both sides.

Also, his bulletproof vest protects him mostly against handguns, but it doesn't offer much protection from anything of a higher caliber.

Last edited by a moderator:
So a sniper for hire? Wow... Lot of people seem to like that idea.

I never tried to play a sniper before, I have did a modern RP once in which I played a machine gunner. Though I never got the chance to shoot :/.

And yes, he is a sniper for hire.

It's fine. But this is the 2nd in the past 48 hours XD. Give us some time, we'll look through the CS, you can probably expect a response of approved or "denied" (which usually implies that the mods want you to make some edits, not that "It's never gonna happen")

It's fine. But this is the 2nd in the past 48 hours XD. Give us some time, we'll look through the CS, you can probably expect a response of approved or "denied" (which usually implies that the mods want you to make some edits, not that "It's never gonna happen")

Okay, I will wait for a response.

Yeah, for some reason I was never notified that this existed...

I'm kinda confused. How can he lose control of a power that's just enhancements?

I'm kinda curious about that as well. His power is enhanced senses? How does he lose control of that?

I'm kinda curious about that as well. His power is enhanced senses? How does he lose control of that?

He lacks control, so it could be that his powers work when he doesn't want them to. Or they stop working when he could use them.

Yeah, for some reason I was never notified that this existed...

I'm kinda confused. How can he lose control of a power that's just enhancements?

I was thinking of them not being passive abilities, but rather that he can control when he wants to use them. However, without proper training m it won't be the case.

You've put enhanced strength in his powers, then said in the abilities that it's just from his military training. It's one or the other mate.

You've put enhanced strength in his powers, then said in the abilities that it's just from his military training. It's one or the other mate.

His main strenght right now is his training and experience, because his powers are right now too unreliable to depend on.

I still don't really understand how the powers work, but accepted I guess.

I still don't really understand how the powers work, but accepted I guess.

I'll try to explain it a bit better then. But just so you know, explaining things is not by strong point.

His powers aren't really passive powers. In case of controlling his powers, he can use them when he wants them to certain extend. For example, increased sight when he needs it. However, he lacks control, so they could for example work when he doesn't want them. For example, having suddenly a better hearing when he pulls the trigger of his sniper rifle. Or his increased sigh stopping to work when he tries to aim on a target. Both ways will most likely work against him.

However, if working well. He could use enhanced hearing to well, hear better. Maybe hearing someone approaching him from behind he would normally not hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back